• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Guys, here we go with that rumor of hints in the trailers.

Villager: Little Mac's Stage
Little Mac: "Punch is Mightier Than the Sword" ---> Captain Falcon vs. Lucina
Greninja: Pac-Man Cloud and Ridley's sprite in the rocks
Palutena: Dark Pit appears
Pac-Man: Mr. Game & Watch
Robin/Lucina: Duck Hunt Bird's sprite in the background

If someone could go on ahead and get the pictures of these for those of us who are at work, "working.".... That'd be great.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I swear, some people towards this leak are like "Mario looks like Mario?? FAAAKE." "Shulk looks like Shulk? FAAAAKE." "Duck Hunt Dog is a DOG? FAAAAAKE!"

People need some concrete evidence before they write it off. Too many people are writing it off because a character looks like an old render of themself. Aren't characters supposed to look like themself..?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I actually hope the characters are fake. I know Duck Hunt is an iconic character in Video game history but really... Duck Hunt? Never played the game which is probably why I dislike the idea of it.
Yeah but what do you want instead? Something else that thousands of others don't want in the game. You're not going to appeal to everyone with every single character choice. The point is for everyone to at least like a handful of characters not every single one.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
So, if we assume Sakurai knows about this leak... Either he'll troll us to the end of time or Friday will confirm or deconfirm it most likely

who am I kidding Sakurai loves to troll

GLStephen

Smash Cadet
I swear, some people towards this leak are like "Mario looks like Mario?? FAAAKE." "Shulk looks like Shulk? FAAAAKE." "Duck Hunt Dog is a DOG? FAAAAAKE!"

People need some concrete evidence before they write it off. Too many people are writing it off because a character looks like an old render of themself. Aren't characters supposed to look like themself..?
And whenever there is a minor change (Ness), that makes it fake too...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I remember one of the videos has Ridley's shadow. It confirms him being a boss. Wonder if he is playable by beating him as a boss.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I'm #TeamReal because of the Famitsu thing, that really pulled me over along with the renders. Also the #TeamFake side's arguments are very similar to the X and Y arguments against the leaks that ended up being true for it (Hawlucha and Greninja leaks). This also happened with legit leaks that happened for SSBB and SSBM iirc.

However no matter what, it's best to be skeptical. We won't know if they're 100% real or fake till the game is released.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
blablablablablabla

I am offiically off this whole topic until a character is announced. It is going nowehere. See ya :)

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm #TeamReal because of the Famitsu thing, that really pulled me over along with the renders. Also the #TeamFake side's arguments are very similar to the X and Y arguments against the leaks that ended up being true for it (Hawlucha and Greninja leaks). This also happened with legit leaks that happened for SSBB and SSBM iirc.

However no matter what, it's best to be skeptical. We won't know if they're 100% real or fake till the game is released.
People keep bringing up X and Y. Yes, these arguments sound very similar to the X and Y arguments, as well as the Brawl and Melee arguments.

I should note, however, that these arguments HAVE worked to deconfirm fake leaks in the past. There have been many, many fake leaks and we have been able to toss them away due to very similar analysis. The fact that these arguments were also applied to real leaks does not devalue the analysis, nor does it make the act of analysing the pictures in this manner ridiculous.

The point here is to think critically, and be patient. We will learn if they are real or fake. I would recommend being sceptical without being overly zealous (oh... that word reminds me of a past life..). Remember that Sakurai's development team is human, and hence humans make the game. Therefore, humans can also fake it. This can be an elaborate hoax by a team of really good artists.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I just added a bit on the validity of the DLC in the History section of my post.
That was actually pretty depressing to read since it was almost all about how the DLC is probably not real. @_@

micstar615

Smash Ace
People keep bringing up X and Y. Yes, these arguments sound very similar to the X and Y arguments, as well as the Brawl and Melee arguments.

I should note, however, that these arguments HAVE worked to deconfirm fake leaks in the past. There have been many, many fake leaks and we have been able to toss them away due to very similar analysis. The fact that these arguments were also applied to real leaks does not devalue the analysis, nor does it make the act of analysing the pictures in this manner ridiculous.

The point here is to think critically, and be patient. We will learn if they are real or fake. I would recommend being sceptical without being overly zealous (oh... that word reminds me of a past life..)
Yes....which is why I said it's best to remain skeptical and wait till release xD

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anything though, I'd also think the Robin and Lucina trailer was also hinting at Shulk since Elwind somewhat resembled one of Shulk's Monado arts, Monado Purge.

Just my two cents, but also the Wario render being taken from a SSE snapshot thing a few pages back is making me lean more toward #TeamFake. But in the end we just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The Pac-man one:

Ridley ones:

Best one in my opinion:
While it's ridiculous and probably nothing... Sakurai is a ridiculous man and would probably do EXACTLY THIS.

I'm not counting this as anything, but I am amused.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Guys, here we go with that rumor of hints in the trailers.

Villager: Little Mac's Stage
Little Mac: "Punch is Mightier Than the Sword" ---> Captain Falcon vs. Lucina
Greninja: Pac-Man Cloud and Ridley's sprite in the rocks
Palutena: Dark Pit appears
Pac-Man: Mr. Game & Watch
Robin/Lucina: Duck Hunt Bird's sprite in the background
Where did the Duck Hunt sprite come in the trailer?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Yeah... These aren't conclusive. Didn't the same thing happen in Brawl with people claiming Ridley was in the clouds during an SSE cutscene?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah... These aren't conclusive. Didn't the same thing happen in Brawl with people claiming Ridley was in the clouds during an SSE cutscene?
Yeah, that was one of the lower points of Brawl speculation, and this manages to beat it. Even then I guess Ridley at least appeared on the Subspace Army anyways, so who knows.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
If I recall correctly, the Ice Climbers polar bear was already shown, so he will appear in smash 4. It would be strange to have him without Ice Climbers. This and the other things said about the leaks credibility makes me seriously doubt it.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
No it's the same, that's why it's evidence for it.
It's not the the same as in Tomodachi. It's the same as in the Famistu scans.

EDIT: But it's still for it as Famitsu was released after this leak

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
The leak is stupid enough to be true, so i'd say i believe, though i'm sure Sakurai will use his magic powers again, and simply trick us just like he did with Shulk and Chrom thing.
I feel like there's a hero working with Sakurai, he leaks when Sakurai decides to put ****ty characters into the game, so Sakurai has to change it.
Let's appreciate the hero for a minute and wish Ice Climbers won't be DLC, and we won't have Duck Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom