• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Actually, from what I know, the polar bear appears as a smash run enemy. Why would he appear if we don't have Ice Climbers?
I am adding a point on the Ice Climbers being cut to my first post, as it keeps getting brung up over and over.

D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for "Dark Pit looks like Pit, so it's fake!"
Btw, I'm #Teamwaitingforanyrevealexceptwiiustage

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Same here... a lot of what has happened on the site has reminded me of the X and Y Leak. I am not 100% sure this is real but i am leaning towards Real
TeamReal! Its the Render of Duck Hunt is what is pulling me over They would have to make that from scratch and its quite impressive if its fake The Tomodachi Thing also pulled me to Team Real honestly :p

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Oh well, fake.
Go home, it's over.

At this moment, four people already grabbed the bait.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
This really has me thinking about how much Nintendo actually looks at places like Smashboards, Gamefaqs, etc. Surely they know about the leak (because the smashbros reddit twitter account being suspended), but do you think they know about the 3 leakers, ESRB speculation and all that? I wonder whose job it is to do that kind of research.

finally, do you think they are in damage control mode? I assume the the PotD is a set schedule. Do you think they would change that because of this apparent leak? Very interesting!

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman

Oh well, fake.
Go home, it's over.
We've been over this one a bunch I'm sorry to say. This doesn't prove anything other than it's Dr. Mario

EDIT: :4greninja:'d hard again.

I'm still waiting for "Dark Pit looks like Pit, so it's fake!"
Btw, I'm #Teamwaitingforanyrevealexceptwiiustage
Well Dark Pit did get his start from SSBB Pit. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if someone pulled that.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
While it is similar to the one in the Leak there are key differences the Hairstyle and Facial Expression is different there is more Wrinkles on his clothing in the actual leak and His Cheeks are Puffed out in the Leak so it similar not the same like the Palutena Uprising ArtWork VS Her Battle Portrait

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm still part of team, wait til the game is released before I confirm anything is legit or not.

Still this is nice discussion and I am learning some new things about how leaks work.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
And it was also the first and only PotD to get taken down. Supposedly because at that time IC was still considered playable, after IC got the axe they took down the PotD and probably removed the Polar Bear
You're implying that in the span of like 10 minutes, Ice Climbers were considered playable and Sakurai posted the pic on the website and then he decided "wait, they're not playable" and took the pic down before enough people saw it and removed the Polar Bear from the game, but kept it in the demo so everyone could see it.

:|

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
For those completely confused on these Mother areas:
Magicant:

Pink Fluffy Cloud:

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Idc about the IC, I hated playing against them and I disliked playing them
#TeamIaintEvenMad

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
This really has me thinking about how much Nintendo actually looks at places like Smashboards, Gamefaqs, etc. Surely they know about the leak (because the smashbros reddit twitter account being suspended), but do you think they know about the 3 leakers, ESRB speculation and all that? I wonder whose job it is to do that kind of research.

finally, do you think they are in damage control mode? I assume the the PotD is a set schedule. Do you think they would change that because of this apparent leak? Very interesting!

Actually, the @RedditSmashBros account being suspended after they posted about the leak could go in the second post! I think it adds something to the leak. Agreed?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Interestingly I found a bit more of that image the Mario picture that's being compared to Dr. mario. And it appears that the other Dr. Mario image is an edit of this one. (Sorry about the cropping, this is how I found it)

http://ragyud.com/BG/embroidered-super-mario-bothers-character-nintendo

If you compare it to the Dr. Mario image Thomas just posted you'll see that the hands are exactly the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interestingly I found a bit more of that image the Mario picture that's being compared to Dr. mario. And it appears that the other Dr. Mario image is an edit of this one. (Sorry about the cropping, this is how I found it)

http://ragyud.com/BG/embroidered-super-mario-bothers-character-nintendo

If you compare it to the Dr. Mario image Thomas just posted you'll see that the hands and feet are exactly the same.
Because of the cropping, I can't say that it is the same image

domokl

Smash Lord
it says something about the legitmacy of the leak when 90% of smashboards believe it. 100% of smash reddit believe it and 70% of gamefaqs believe it.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Actually, from what I know, the polar bear appears as a smash run enemy. Why would he appear if we don't have Ice Climbers?

And they still kept the polar bear picture in the official facebook site of Smash, so they definetly haven´t removed the polar bear.
Well the only thing backing up Ice Climbers right now is their veteran status, because Sneaky Spirits of Rhytmn Heaven also appears as smash run enemies, and we don't have proof that any character of Rhytmn Heaven is playable (yet). The Polar Bear don't instantly make IC confimed unfortunately.

Also, we need a new character confirmation, fast. We are 3 weeks away from the launch in Japan, the waiting is making us grasping at many little details that is too sad to be funny (Really, we are discussing the details in furniture, think about the irnoy).
Character confirmation (of any kind at this point) can bring a end to this leak. Being characters that are not there, characters with different models, or just some more new information to we change subject a little.

R0Y

Smash Master
it says something about the legitmacy of the leak when 90% of smashboards believe it. 100% of smash reddit believe it and 70% of gamefaqs believe it.
The general population is wrong about things all the time, but yeah I bet it's legit. I still think there's more though, not stagewise, but character-wise.

D

Deleted member

Not appearance wise, by graphics wise.
graphics wise as both having a light to dark gradient from the middle, blue, and are designed to look like a boxing arena? and having the smash logo?

Last edited by a moderator:

domokl

Smash Lord
so have people new to the leak stopped posting debunked arguements yet or no?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Oh yeah, you're comparing it to the one Yoshi-Thomas posted, when that's not the leaked one
Yeah, but it shows that it's not an official picture of Dr. Mario and is fanmade, which is interesting if not relevant.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but it shows that it's not an official picture of Dr. Mario and is fanmade, which is interesting if not relevant.
Not really relevant since we all know it's entirely possible that this is all a big fake, but the fact that it is a new render and more than just a simple edit of an existing image proves more than what you're showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom