• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
In that same vein, neither did Game and Watch. And with the new Famitsu article teasing Dark Pit pretty hard, I think he just wants to keep people guessing.

Lucina was a better way to introduce newcomer clones anyway.
A completely separate character would be better of to be chewed up and spit out than Dark Pit or Dr. Mario.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Let's not forget there are really talented people on the internet, capable of producing proffesional models. Here the quality picture of models in this [OVERATED] leak is very bad.

Compared to.....

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Let's not forget there are really talented people on the internet, capable of producing proffesional models. Here the quality picture of models in this [OVERATED] leak is very bad.

Compared to.....
Also, don't forget the famitsu pictures, the fact that the images were leaked by three separate people...

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

Compared to.....
Are you implying the third one is part of the leak? It isn't...

And if that ISN'T what you are getting at, in ALL of these cases we were able to find the picture the fake was based on relatively quick. We have not been able to do that for these one's yet. At least not for all of them, and the ones we HAVE found possibilities for were for characters over saturated with images to the point that it could have easily been coincidence.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The E3 footage (and demo footage) confirms that this change was actually made.

Here is the pic:
I thought the demo was based on an old build (around March or something) and the 1P thing was shown a week before E3. Not trying to prove you wrong just confused, unless you're able to change it

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
edit: oh, it did post before.
Woah dude.. have you lost your mind or are you really desperate? You posted that three times now... what's up?

EDIT: computer problems I guess. Carry on.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Are you implying the third one is part of the leak? It isn't...

And if that ISN'T what you are getting at, in ALL of these cases we were able to find the picture the fake was based on relatively quick. We have not been able to do that for these one's yet. At least not for all of them, and the ones we HAVE found possibilities for were for characters over saturated with images to the point that it could have easily been coincidence.
No I'm not implying that.

I'm implying that a lot of talented people in the internet exist who are capable of producing such quality models. The ones in the new leak may have been also just created.
Woah dude.. have you lost your mind or are you really desperate? You posted that three times now... what's up?
It took me to some other page everytime I posted it (adds) and did not see it did post it on page 12 of this place,

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I remember last night the mods were saying the DLC is fake but then @anon1776 came in and implied that they weren't and wanted to speak to one of the mods, did we get a follow up after that? Is the DLC still a feasible thing or just a hoax?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

I'm implying that a lot of talented people in the internet exist who are capable of producing such quality models. The ones in the new leak may have been also just created.
Agreed, that's what's implied when we talk about it being fake. The differences is that all the images have had models to base it on, these don't appear to.

And can someone actually tell me how we definitively know that Pulatena was fake? I haven't come across that conclusion.

It took me to some other page everytime I posted it (adds) and did not see it did post it on page 12 of this place,
But how does one explain the famitsu scan stage?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We know, infact it was revealed last night that someone was going to purposely make a fake of the shulk and spread that to keep this leak from spreading
Good, lol!

At least this leak will be less talked off until Sakurai FINALLY debunks it.

D

Deleted member

I remember last night the mods were saying the DLC is fake but then @anon1776 came in and implied that they weren't and wanted to speak to one of the mods, did we get a follow up after that? Is the DLC still a feasible thing or just a hoax?
I never saw anything, I was on the thread until like 30 minutes before it was locked

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I thought the demo was based on an old build (around March or something) and the 1P thing was shown a week before E3. Not trying to prove you wrong just confused, unless you're able to change it
Great point! I don't know why the screen had 1P, because in the new screens that were recently released detailing modes it's P1

I don't know why they would use a screen that would be older than a few month-old demo in the PoD, but I guess its P1

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Agreed, that's what's implied when we talk about it being fake. The differences is that all the images have had models to base it on, these don't appear to.

And can someone actually tell me how we definitively know that Pulatena was fake? I haven't come across that conclusion.
Hmm, I never found which pic the Chrom one was based off lol, and I think Doc Mario has a very similar offiical model he could have used.

Ness could have used the second pic I posted as a reference.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Good, lol!

At least this leak will be less talked off until Sakurai FINALLY debunks it.
Uh, actually that's evidence that the leak is real. He took the REAL leak and put a fake Shulk overtop of it in order to make it seem fake so that the leak would die. He's trying to protect a friend.

It's all very complicated.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Great point! I don't know why the screen had 1P, because in the new screens that were recently released detailing modes it's P1

I don't know why they would use a screen that would be older than a few month-old demo in the PoD, but I guess its P1
My best guess (pure speculation) is that it's 1P, 2P, etc. in the Japanese version, and P1, P2, etc. in the English version. Wouldn't be the first time they've had minor differences like that between regions.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Uh, actually that's evidence that the leak is real. He took the REAL leak and put a fake Shulk overtop of it in order to make it seem fake so that the leak would die. He's trying to protect a friend.

It's all very complicated.
lol........ I thought someone would make a different model of Shulk and craete a new leak.

I don't believe it anyway.
I'm actually surprised #TeamFake still exists.
I have NO IDEA how this particaular thread has more #teamreal people than #TeamFake in the home page news comments.......

Someone needs to make a list of all Pro's and Con's. ALL.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm actually surprised #TeamFake still exists.
I'm not. There is still doubt in my mind. While Famitsu is probably the most compelling proof that it's real, it's still within the realm of possibility that it is a REALLY elaborate hoax, and there is information that we are missing to tie the pieces together. Thinking it's fake is a perfectly acceptable position.

However, claiming that you are ridiculous/stupid/foolish/anything for believing the leak is ridiculous/stupid/foolish/anything.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hmm, I never found which pic the Chrom one was based off lol, and I think Doc Mario has a very similar offiical model he could have used.

Ness could have used the second pic I posted as a reference.
It was based off one of the Marth pics we got in a PotD

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not. There is still doubt in my mind. While Famitsu is probably the most compelling proof that it's real, it's still within the realm of possibility that it is a REALLY elaborate hoax, and there is information that we are missing to tie the pieces together. Thinking it's fake is a perfectly acceptable position.

However, claiming that you are ridiculous/stupid/foolish/anything for believing the leak is ridiculous/stupid/foolish/anything.
The furniture is sligtly different in the Famitsu and this.......

How does that slightly prove it's real?!

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

I mean, there's still militant people trying to say it's fake, and on other websites people are brushing it off because of the character choices.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Someone needs to make a list of all Pro's and Con's. ALL.
I have done that. In the second post. If you feel it is incomplete, tell me what you want me to add. I have added some far-fetched stuff, but I think I have limits. I don't think your Ganondorf pixels are within the realm of anything important. However, I can add a bunch of renders others have done as an example of how someone can indeed fake a leak. In fact, I think I'll do that.

At this point, #TeamReal is more like "This **** is legit"

No seriously. There are people who are outright saying that this is real

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
My best guess (pure speculation) is that it's 1P, 2P, etc. in the Japanese version, and P1, P2, etc. in the English version. Wouldn't be the first time they've had minor differences like that between regions.
dingdingdingdingding! Nice theory... it happens to be completely true!

Good job!

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The furniture is slightly different in the Famitsu and this.......

Well, both the picture and magazine have a few pieces of furniture that weren't in the actual game but they appear in both screenshots.

T.U.C.

Smash Apprentice
With the pic of the day of may 30th sakurai said:

"Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays...!"

So the people in the first leak had names that where lv. 3, lv. 8 and lv. 4. That is kind of weird.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
With the pic of the day of may 30th sakurai said:

"Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays...!"

So the people in the first leak had names that where lv. 3, lv. 8 and lv. 4. That is kind of weird.
Well, it could be a different mode or like the "disablad" or failed Shulk "leak" the leakers messing with people.

D

Deleted member

What do you mean the furniture is slightly different? You mean based on the angle the picture is taken?

GLStephen

Smash Cadet

It's not different furniture. Just different angles and resolution.

Honestly, though, the most compelling evidence to me is the behavior of certain people with apparent inside knowledge with the leak.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's not different furniture. Just different angles and resolution.

Honestly, though, the most compelling evidence to me is the behavior of certain people with apparent inside knowledge with the leak.
They are simply playing with all of us - trying to make themselves seem more real.

And where is that comparison picture :(.

It's not just different angles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom