• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
There aren't very many odd details. Sans roster placement for an incomplete roster, nothing here was really "odd" until that cursor thing popped up.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Makes me wonder, how come the leaker didn't unlocked everyone before posting? Is it because the remaining characters are just super hard to unlock this time around?
Supposedly the leaker didn't even get to play the game, if he really worked for the ESRB. They were just sent a promotional video. Why Nintendo would show them an incomplete character list, I don't know.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

It's not exact but it could be a heavily edited base.

Imo its just a similar pose and not an exact match.
Yeah, it is not a match. You only need to look at the right side of mario's face to see that, where Doctor Mario goes off. Main thing against that one is Doc's hand. With that pose, we should be able to see his left hand.

I've been staring at the picture of Doc for too long. When someone posted that picture above, I could pick out the hand detail without even checking.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Most people assume Sakurai will not reveal a character from this leak as the artwork will confirm or de-confirm it.

But if this leak is real
, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.

Just a random thought I had, and is speculation on my part.

Though I'm sure someone could've said this already.
Kinda sounds like you're johning, in case the leak has a veteran reveal blow a hole in it.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
the pictures were from a video for christ's sake. why are people STILL arguing over "why aren't they all unlocked" well maybe Nintendo didn't want the esrb to see them all. I can see shulk being a good deciding factor for the rating.

BTVolta

Smash Apprentice
What I'm saying is that Yoshi isn't selected and kirby is (I think, based on the white outline on the CSS screen) yet the hands hold the same pose and the one for kirby isn't moving.
I'm pretty sure kirby isn't selected on the leak due to the thick line glitch at the bottom.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
the pictures were from a video for christ's sake. why are people STILL arguing over "why aren't they all unlocked" well maybe Nintendo didn't want the esrb to see them all. I can see shulk being a good deciding factor for the rating.

Wouldn't esrb have to see the killer purple dragon for a full review before giving a rating to the game?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Supposedly the leaker didn't even get to play the game, if he really worked for the ESRB. They were just sent a promotional video. Why Nintendo would show them an incomplete character list, I don't know.
My theory is that developers send the ESRB a series of many videos showcasing the game from 0%, out of the box, completion, to 100%, fully completed. Like a Lets-Play of sorts.

And the name "ESRB0083," may mean that that was a picture from the 83rd clip sent to the ESRB.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Impossible. If the ESRB will rate a game all reasonable content must be shown. That means every character item and stage.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Srsly guys, the cursors may very well be evidence against this.

The leak appears to have selected Kirby yet the Icon is not free moving whilst the icon free moves and shifts around immediately when yoshi is picked in the video. Might be a weird development change, but this is actually an inconsistency.
If you compare the CPU token on kirby with the other CPU tokens on Bowser Jr and Pikachu, you can see Kirby's a little bit bigger.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
My theory is that developers send the ESRB a series of many videos showcasing the game from 0%, out of the box, completion, to 100%, fully completed. Like a Lets-Play of sorts.

And the name "ESRB0083," may mean that that was a picture from the 83rd clip sent to the ESRB.
This is incredibly inefficient though. How long would that video be? The reason they don't play games is length. It is much more logical to show a short clip of each fighter in groups of four on each stage than play through the whole game.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Do we even know for sure that the leak is from ESRB? I don't see why they'd need to evaluate all characters. Ridley probably isn't much more menacing than Giga Bowser. Their criteria for evaluating DLC already kind of shows that they only care for the basic content and not every tiny little detail to rate a game imo

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
So wheres the Video. If I see a Video i'll believe it. But it's fake till September 13th comes and prove me wrong

tippy

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be rude but you have every reason to say this if you faked the leak. I think the leak is real (mostly due to the Famitsu/leak images matching) but it seems really suspicious to say "Sakurai might change things to cover this up" when you are the one with everything to lose.

It's also suspicious to fake images to "protect people's jobs", then suddenly have a change of heart and say the leak is legit.

Not trying to be rude, but understand that the burden of proof is on the leakers and it seems shady when you try and escape that.
This is the same thing I thought, especially since he already implied that there are other parts of the leak that were falsified. It would be nice to come out and say if some of the renders in the leak are modified, but I doubt he'll do that.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I hope that Kirby can help us de-bunk this leak.

PRAISE KIRBY

@ micstar615 micstar615 - I think they need to check out the moves, models, etc. in-game to make sure they're not like, inappropriate or anything.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I hope that Kirby can help us de-bunk this leak.

PRAISE KIRBY

@ micstar615 micstar615 - I think they need to check out the moves, models, etc. in-game to make sure they're not like, inappropriate or anything.
Yeah, I'm sure they would have to check out some (if not all) of the final smashes.

From ESRB: a DVD that captures all pertinent content, including typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories.

I think final smashes, bosses, etc. could count as "pertinent" and "extreme." I think it's entirely possible for there to be more characters. The ESRB doesn't care if they see every character on the CSS as long as they see every character's gameplay.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm just super paranoid this could be the final roster :S. You never know, picture proof is always stronger than text proof...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Just a reminder; Photoshop is a powerful tool. It convinces you that UFOs are real and the women on magazine covers really do have a Jessica Rabbit physique in real life.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Wouldn't esrb have to send the killer purple dragon for a full review before giving a rating to the game?
Maybe it says something about the roster and really no ridley, I dunno.

I just find it ridiculous, the story that we're given is "these pictures are from a video that Nintendo sent to the ESRB" yet here people are, being babies over "WELL WHY ISN'T IT THE FULL ROSTER" well if this leak is ****ing real then obviously they didn't see the whole damn roster and it's Nintendo's fault they didn't.

The problem is that these facts have been in the open for hours but I see people going "hey we never talked about this" when yes. We have. about five times at the least. Yes we know it's an inconsistency, yes it's strange, no you weren't the first to bring it up, no it doesn't confirm the leak is fake, now shush.

So there won't be a misunderstanding, the rant isn't targeted at the person I'm quoting. Just at the people who refuse to read the first page that says it all.

The story right now is some ESRB worker took pictures of the video in question, sent the pics to some friends, then said friends were a bunch of jerks and posted them on 4chan, they caught wind, etc etc then masterlink came in and sent us more images of shulk and eventually admitted to have tampered with them to get people off of the leak's trail.

Just because there's no explanation to why the select screen isn't full for it doesn't mean immediate fake. Suspicious, maybe, but if it turns out these are the characters in the game, don't go crying when it's like this in the end. The story besides what I've posted is unknown. We can't say if that makes this fake or not, it only fuels our opinions by how we look at it.

I swear some of the people who declare fake sound like 4chan users.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I haven't even spent my $40 and I've already gotten hours of entertainment from this game, I love it and all of this debate!

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
That hand comparison has no sense. At this point, all of us should know the pictures from the leak have ****ty quality and everything about color/saturation/brightness/contrast is all messed up.

That's why some people thought Wario had only one eye, G&W's hand was part of Wario's clothes, Ganondorf was too dark, Toon Link had a black thing on his hair (it ended up being his own hair's shadow), and anything implying shadowing/coloring mistakes.

This is clearly the same case with the hand. It appears to have a thicker line just because of the already messy contrast of the leaked pictures that makes the shadow look much more aggresive, that's all! It's the same for the finger, it appears to be thiner in the leak because of the shadow in its side becoming too dark and consuming part of the finger.

And well, of course they do not look exactly the same, it's an animated 3D object! You can't say they are not the same hand just because the cuffs look slightly different. That's what happens when you move a 3D object in space with perspective and stuff :p

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
That hand comparison has no sense. At this point, all of us should know the pictures from the leak have ****ty quality and everything about color/saturation/brightness/contrast is all messed up.

That's why some people thought Wario had only one eye, G&W's hand was part of Wario's clothes, Ganondorf was too dark, Toon Link had a black thing on his hair (it ended up being his own hair's shadow), and anything implying shadowing/coloring mistakes.

This is clearly the same case with the hand. It appears to have a thicker line just because of the already messy contrast of the leaked pictures that makes the shadow look much more aggresive, that's all! It's the same for the finger, it appears to be thiner in the leak because of the shadow becoming too dark and consuming part of the finger.
I would say the hands changing are one of the bigger suspicions of all this, but this is true.

And I mean the character select looks different in general, why wouldn't the hand join in on the new look?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just a reminder; Photoshop is a powerful tool. It convinces you that UFOs are real and the women on magazine covers really do have a Jessica Rabbit physique in real life.
UFOs are real and Kim Kardashian doesn't have cellulite.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
didn't we already like debunk this why are we still arguing if its real >.> im so sick of "leaks"
Nothing presented thus far has served to definitively debunk this leak. If you have something that isn't addressed on the second post, please, do share it.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
The story right now is some ESRB worker took pictures of the video in question, sent the pics to some friends, then said friends were a bunch of jerks and posted them on 4chan, they caught wind, etc etc then masterlink came in and sent us more images of shulk and eventually admitted to have tampered with them to get people off of the leak's trail.
So, anyone else think that this story sounds dumb? Like insanely dumb? The fact that anyone can re-tell this story with a straight face astounds me.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
So, anyone else think that this story sounds dumb? Like insanely dumb?
I have to agree it does sound dumb, but it's all we got.

Apparently the mods know stuff, but I respect their wishes to keep their sources and info secret. We have no reason to badger them for info.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I still doubt it was really from the ESRB. I mean, the username was ESRB0083, "leet" for ESRBoobs.
The point of the ESRB videos is to show the game at its most graphic. I think it is very likely that the leet speech, if that is intentional at all, is porposely done to show the kinds of things that can get past the built in censorship. In other words i'm guessing the word "Boobs" is blocked by the game, but "B0083" is not. Its just a guess but that would make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom