• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
If that was the only Dr. Mario model you could find, then you didn't look very hard. There are dozens of Dr. Marios that have been made for Brawl which can all be downloaded for completely free.
Where? Could you send me a link. All I could find was Doc from Dr. Mario DX and Melee.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
You mean as the group of DLC characters?

..Speaking rationally, why would one of the first things teased be a DLC character?
Since when were they considered Dlc all of a sudden? That leak which mentions Dlc involved the cut characters not them.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling this pic of the day is going to shed SOME light. I can hope.

I mean it is a Friday pic + this leak being involved + only abit over 3 weeks till release(which would suggest a trailer/direct SHOULD be soon)

in b4 its nothing

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
"Surely sakurai saw this leak, and to make sure he doesnt confirm the leak for the next reveal...surely he will get the artists to give the characters DIFFERENT art! to make sure he doesnt confirm the leak!

So if the next char has different art the leak is still totally legit guys!"

im sorry but...seriously...fake or not...im giggling like a schoolgirl at this

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I added the link to my original comment.
I never used model hacks for Brawl, just texture hacks so I didnt even think about this as a viable place to look.

You SURE these files open in 3D programs though? They're not opening or importing. I googled around and you need a unpacking tool to open the files on these model hack websites to tamper with them. Finding an easy to open and import OBJ file is what I was looking for....

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Well I said this a couple pages or so back and I was ignored. But I'll say it one more time along with my thoughts.

Brinstar which was released shortly before the leak was, is on said leak. Now I don't know about you guys but Brinstar's picture to me look like they even took the time to put that one at a new angle (granted it might not be too hard to do) than all previous entries. It's subtle but you can tell it's different. However I don't know if it actually matters or not. I dunno. That's all I got... I'ma get some rest.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
So, according to the leak, there are 5 new characters on the CSS that have yet to be revealed.
In Smash Bros. Brawl, there were 4 new characters on the CSS that hadn't been revealed before release.

If one more newcomer is revealed between now and Smash4's release, then there would be 4 hidden newcomers left, which means...

please don't be the final roster please don't be the final roster please don't be the final roster

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Well I said this a couple pages or so back and I was ignored. But I'll say it one more time along with my thoughts.

Brinstar which was released shortly before the leak was, is on said leak. Now I don't know about you guys but Brinstar's picture to me look like they even took the time to put that one at a new angle (granted it might not be too hard to do) than all previous entries. It's subtle but you can tell it's different. However I don't know if it actually matters or not. I dunno. That's all I got... I'ma get some rest.
It isn't that hard to do no. But this leak is actually older than Brinstar being revealed iirc

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
So, according to the leak, there are 5 new characters on the CSS that have yet to be revealed.
In Smash Bros. Brawl, there were 4 new characters on the CSS that hadn't been revealed before release.

If one more newcomer is revealed between now and Smash4's release, then there would be 4 hidden newcomers left, which means...

please don't be the final roster please don't be the final roster please don't be the final roster
The leak itself NEVER said there were more characters. It is just speculated. Though I believe there is, just based upon the ? that is mewtwo.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
The only way for Sakurai to confirm or kill the leak is to reveal Wario, Ganandorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario or a 3DS stage not yet revealed.

If the render is the same as the CSS, then leak confirmed. If it's different, leak is dead.

Too keep the leak alive, Sakurai must reveal one of following: Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake or a Wii U stage.

Chances are he won't reveal a newcomer with announcing a newcomer video first.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Well I think the leak was after Brinstar reveal... but if it's before isn't this a plus for the leak to be real?
Yeah. But the leak still has too much for it to not be real imo. The Brinstar thing isn't hard to do. It's probably one of the easiest parts of making a custom stage, taking a picture of it tbh

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
A mod said it was a lie
Sakurai said they would consider DLC. So that is why
Im aware of that but there isn't a leak stating that missing characters from the Ninka leak was Dlc. The ESRB leaker allegedly stated the roster wasn't complete anyways.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. But the leak still has too much for it to not be real imo. The Brinstar thing isn't hard to do. It's probably one of the easiest parts of making a custom stage, taking a picture of it tbh
Agreed, I was just stating it outright it was different though if it's fake it's not hard to do. I really believe this is real but it COULD be a REALLY elaborate fake. I'm waiting for a game changer. With that said I'm out for now.

EDIT:

I think the brinstar reveal was the day before the leak.
I thought so. That's what I said, was just making sure.

Last edited:

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
The leak itself NEVER said there were more characters. It is just speculated. Though I believe there is, just based upon the ? that is mewtwo.
I'm referring to DHD, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser, Jr., and Shulk: 5 "new" characters (I'm counting Dr. Mario because he wasn't in Brawl).

Also worth noting is that 2 of Brawl's secret newcomers were clones and 2 were unique, similar to how 2 of Smash4's unrevealed newcomers are clones and 3 are unique. If one more unique newcomer is to be announced before launch, we may be looking at the final roster.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Interestingly I found a bit more of that image the Mario picture that's being compared to Dr. mario. And it appears that the other Dr. Mario image is an edit of this one. (Sorry about the cropping, this is how I found it)

http://ragyud.com/BG/embroidered-super-mario-bothers-character-nintendo

If you compare it to the Dr. Mario image Thomas just posted you'll see that the hands are exactly the same.
everything is almost the same, i think this image proves everything

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
1. When asked about Mewtwo Y at E3 13 Sakurai should have kept his mouth shut.

2. "Lets tease a shadow of a complete model instead of showing the real thing"
I'm still hanging on to these being signs. Honestly, I was disappointed in the leak since NONE of the big 3 were there. The only one I wanted to see who was there was Ganondor,f but there aren't too many people who doubted his return in the first place.

If that is true, though, I am not a fan of the CSS. I liked the names there better, doubly so if we're going to have to pick between :4lucina: and:4marth: on a small screen. They already look the same.:joyful:
Also, where are DHD's whisker freckles?
And how is Pittoo so different from Pit that he gets the Lucina treatment, while Dark Link is just a costume in brawl, and dark Samus gets AT status. They've been around longer. With that and all the KI SmashRun enemies, this is looking a little too heavy on Sakurai's adopted baby universe.

I'm wondering if the written leak - just the names of the characters - is true, but the images are not. After all, if someone just sends out a list of names, nobody believes it (but weren't the rosters for Melee and Brawl leaked first as a list?). We need pics, so someone shopped them up. Personally, I'm still hoping that the 'speculation' part of the original is true that added :mewtwopm: and Ridley among others.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Makes me wonder, how come the leaker didn't unlocked everyone before posting? Is it because the remaining characters are just super hard to unlock this time around?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I never used model hacks for Brawl, just texture hacks so I didnt even think about this as a viable place to look.

You SURE these files open in 3D programs though? They're not opening or importing. I googled around and you need a unpacking tool to open the files on these model hack websites to tamper with them. Finding an easy to open and import OBJ file is what I was looking for....
There's a program called "Brawl Box" available on that same site that allows for the model files to be extracted and saved as .obj files. The .pac and .pcs files can only be read by Brawl Box, but the model files are archived within them.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I am fascinated by the amount of dedication of the internet trying to debunk/defend this leak. It's a like a cultural revolution.

Last edited:

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
Makes me wonder, how come the leaker didn't unlocked everyone before posting? Is it because the remaining characters are just super hard to unlock this time around?
The leaker was not playing, just watching a presentation of the game, thats how the ESRB works.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Srsly guys, the cursors may very well be evidence against this.

The leak appears to have selected Kirby yet the Icon is not free moving whilst the icon free moves and shifts around immediately when yoshi is picked in the video. Might be a weird development change, but this is actually an inconsistency.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The leaker was not playing, just watching a presentation of the game, thats how the ESRB works.
Then whoever did the unlocking then, I'm guessing the remaining characters are difficult to unlock.

Unless there is the character this is the final roster with no other characters left to be unlocked, despite what leakers say [cringe]

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

It's not exact (head is at different angle, different expression which is easily edited, arm is slightly off, etc), but it could be a heavily edited base.

Imo its just a similar pose and not an exact match.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

The leak appears to have selected Kirby yet the Icon is not free moving whilst the icon free moves and shifts around immediately when yoshi is picked in the video. Might be a weird development change, but this is actually an inconsistency.
The darkness and low quality on the hand is probably due to lighting, just like how a lot of the characters on the CSS are dark and low quality, because it was a pic taken by a camera.
Taking a picture of a 3DS screen usually sucks.

And the shifting thing may be because it's a CPU.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
If Ice Climbers and Wolf are not returning, i will be very sad :sadeyes:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Then whoever did the unlocking then, I'm guessing the remaining characters are difficult to unlock.
I agree with this.
This would also explain why the really big and requested characters we have left (Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool) aren't here.
Since they are fan-favorites and huge requests, they would be some of the last characters you unlock, since they would be something to work for.

Chorus Kids would also be a late unlockable, as they would be a surprise (if it weren't for Gematsu).

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The darkness and low quality on the hand is probably due to lighting, just like how a lot of the characters on the CSS are dark and low quality, because it was a pic taken by a camera.
Taking a picture of a 3DS screen usually sucks.

And the shifting thing may be because it's a CPU.
What I'm saying is that Yoshi isn't selected and kirby is (I think, based on the white outline on the CSS screen) yet the hands hold the same pose and the one for kirby isn't moving.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

More odd details... Inb4 "why would the leaker change this so it's true"

micstar615

Smash Ace
Also about the CSS maybe not having the final roster, perhaps Nintendo intentionally left a few characters out in case a leak like this happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom