• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Well Mario lost a character from Melee to Brawl.
IMO there are Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo in at least, Impa being a wonder for me.
Dunno, if there are 4, that's it, if 5 more, I would add the Chorus Kids.
There could be Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley/Impa with the Mii Fighters showing when customs are on.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Okay I just double checked the stage roster. Every returning stage has the same picture but Pictochat and Mushroomy Kingdom.
:mky::pictochat:
Congratulations, you have added to our knowledge pool. Added.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It Seems like a lacklustre change to me they both look the same but just a different tinge of red
The E3 hand looks significantly better to me. It's got a better shape and more visible depth thanks to the angle.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
What combination of new characters in this roster (and I suppose the other text ones too) do you think will be starter vs. unlockable?
My guesses:

Starter: Shulk and Jr. will be starter and revealed soon-ish

Unlockale: DHD, clones, Rob, Falco, Ganondorf, G&W, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, Mewtwo

I'm also guessing we'll get a new challenger teaser either tomorrow or the 29th (the actual trailer would be the week following that friday). Then a direct early on the week of the 8th.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
alright can someone explain what's been going on? Is there any new info?
The newest info is on the last page.

Also my post gets updated frequently. Look near the bottom to find things added most recently.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But prior to this entry we haven't had newcomer reveal trailers for every single newcomer. Yes it's possible there will be hidden newcomers, but I don't think Sakurai would put unique newcomers into the game and not give them a trailer, it wouldn't make any sense to have 2-3 characters like that just with no trailer. Unless the trailer's are in the game and just aren't revealed before release, but that still doesn't line up with his "nearing the end" statement.
It's been done in every iteration before, I highly doubt they wouldn't do it again.

Well Mario lost a character from Melee to Brawl.
IMO there are Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo in at least, Impa being a wonder for me.
Dunno, if there are 4, that's it, if 5 more, I would add the Chorus Kids.
Mario lost a clone, which was a good thing, but at least they pushed it back up with Rosalina and Bowser Jr. possibly...I just don't like the taste of Dr. Mario returning, it's just so odd.

And of all those, the only one I'd guarantee for that is Mewtwo, the others are questionable...and I'm getting really sick and tired of waiting for something on Ridley.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Apologies if I'm restating what others have already said but I'd rather not wade through 20+ pages of what is likely just people arguing in circles

Anyways, I'm 100% convinced this leak is fake, and to save time I'm gonna copypaste what I posted somewhere else:

* Character & stage layouts are horribly cluttered and aren't cleanly separated like we'd expect from a Sakurai game. Huge tip off since normally new stages and retro stages are separated, which they clearly ARE in the Wii U demo
* No names, random and totally pointless omission which contradicts what was shown at E3
* Character layout makes no sense (Falco & Toon Link are grouped with their series while the other clones are tucked in a corner why? Likewise with Yoshi coming before Rosalina & Bowser Jr)
* 7 Mario characters, including a clone which is literally Mario in a white coat, is insanely stupid and contradicts Sakurai's stance on character abilities
* Ice Climbers are cut, but Olimar, who has twice as many characters on-screen at once, is in the game, completely destroying any argumernts of them "causing lag" or "being too hard to program" or whatever excuse they have to be cut at all
* Fox has the wrong background colour on his character portrait (blue instead of the green colour at E3). Pointless nitpicking maybe, but they also kind of have no reason to change the colour
* Ganondorf's render was darkened to a ridiculous extent to hide the fact that it's a commonly used render in fake CSS's (I've seen that and the Dr. Mario render before, which cemented it as fake on the spot to me pretty much)
* Duck Hunt Dog only ever became a popular oddball choice for leaks after Smash Bros. Crusade added him in
* Most of the new character renders are actually ripped from the SSE or from miscellaneous online sources, which can easily be seen with Bowser Jr, as the bottom of the Clown Car is visible in his picture
* Shulk's render is a photoshopped replica of an existing Little Mac picture (don't have the link on hand but I believe I got it from the Smash Reddit Community)
* One of the pictures features CPU level icons on what are clearly human player slots
* There're no Kirby or Earthbound stages (and no the Game Boy one doesn't count since it likely scrolls across different games & series)
* F-Zero stage literally looks like a screencap from the SNES game
* Anybody claiming to know pre-release DLC for a Nintendo title, especially if they're unaffiliated with the company, is very likely talking out their arse
* The ESRB don't actually play the games they rate because it's hugely inefficient. They also don't tend to go under the moniker of "MOTHER****ING LEAKER" either

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
But prior to this entry we haven't had newcomer reveal trailers for every single newcomer. Yes it's possible there will be hidden newcomers, but I don't think Sakurai would put unique newcomers into the game and not give them a trailer, it wouldn't make any sense to have 2-3 characters like that just with no trailer. Unless the trailer's are in the game and just aren't revealed before release, but that still doesn't line up with his "nearing the end" statement.
Why not say nearing the end of the newcomers? He said trailers. It's clearly possible that not every newcomer gets a trailer.
Also, multi character trailers are a possibility.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Okay I just double checked the stage roster. Every returning stage has the same picture but Pictochat and Mushroomy Kingdom.
Hmmm.... Has anyone gotten to Brinstar for kicks? If even that picture is different than the old ones we might have more proof for #TeamReal I dunno. Someone said it was too convenient to leak it just after Brinstar got confirmed so they "threw" it in. See where I'm getting at?

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
The cursor hands animate. If anything that helps the leak's credibility.
Anyhow, I updated my signature. This is my best prediction on the Wii U CSS.
This takes into account the current leak and the previous leak with Impa thrown in.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Apologies if I'm restating what others have already said but I'd rather not wade through 20+ pages of what is likely just people arguing in circles

Anyways, I'm 100% convinced this leak is fake, and to save time I'm gonna copypaste what I posted somewhere else:
Those are all either down to opinion or (pardon the pun) smashed already.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that any new returning stage being shown doesn't confirm the leak, but it certainly helps add credibility.

Any returning stage that is in the leak being confirmed for the Wii U instead might hurt, unless returning stages can appear in both versions.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Most people assume Sakurai will not reveal a character from this leak as the artwork will confirm or de-confirm it.

But if this leak is real
, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.

Just a random thought I had, and is speculation on my part.

Though I'm sure someone could've said this already.

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
Now this is some interesting information. Why would the person making a fake copy everything religiously except these two, for no reason whatsoever ? I think he wouldn't, making me more inclined to think this is real.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
What combination of new characters in this roster (and I suppose the other text ones too) do you think will be starter vs. unlockable? My guesses:
Starter: Shulk and Jr. will be starter and revealed soon-ish
Unlockale: DHD, clones, Rob, Falco, Ganondorf, G&W, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, Mewtwo

I'm also guessing we'll get a new challenger teaser either tomorrow or the 29th (the actual trailer would be the following that friday). Then a direct early on the week of the 8th.
You forgot Rosalina in starters.
Or accidentally put Luigi in unlockables.

Anyways, is it possible to add polls to threads?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The hand cursor does move around

Couldn't it just be the same cursor but taken when it was doing something different

It's not static, staying in the same position

Color can be effected by image quality

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Most people assume Sakurai will not reveal a character from this leak as the artwork will confirm or de-confirm it.

But if this leak is real
, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.

This crossed my mind, too. Like, by the time it reached Sakurai his team could probably whip up an alternate artwork for next week's "final starter" reveal.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

But if this leak is real

Hmmm. It seems like something he would do. This leak certainly limits the new content he can definitively show if he wants to hide the true legitimacy of the leak until launch.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

You sir do not NEED to go through all the pages. Please refer to the second post of this thread, made my yours truly. MOST of your points addressed there.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

But if this leak is real

I was thinking this, but I don't think that Sakurai would have the renders on the website be different than the renders in the game. It definitely is to late to change it, though, as the game is completed, and they'd have to replace everything that uses the render (CSP, BP, Trophy, VS, Classic, Adventure, All-Star, etc.)

I just hope the leak is confirmed or de-confirmed.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
This takes into account the current leak and the previous leak with Impa thrown in.
Same prediction than you.

I have a feeling however tomorrow will make or break the leak...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
You sir do not NEED to go through all the pages. Please refer to the second post of this thread, made my yours truly. MOST of your points addressed there.
And others are simply "I don't like that" or "it's probably not probable".

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Looking at your signature if you make one of the ? the random select box and the other Lucas I'd be so hyped for that as the final roster. Here's hoping?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
You forgot Rosalina in starters.
Or accidentally put Luigi in unlockables.

Anyways, is it possible to add polls to threads?
I meant this to just be the characters we didn't know about before this leak. Luigi is unlockable because it's tradition, and I believe Sakurai confirmed that he was unlockable, and said that he usually doesn't show secret characters but did because of the Year of Luigi. And yes, it would be nice if we could add polls!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The hand change is quite interesting, as it looks outright worse in the leak. The perspective on the leak hand seems to be from directly above, rather than the normal angled perspective from Brawl and the E3 demo. Very weird change.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

But if this leak is real

I was thinking the same thing about changing the render deal. I think Sakurai will enjoy messing with our heads until for a while before putting anything out there though.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I was thinking this, but I don't think that Sakurai would have the renders on the website be different than the renders in the game. It definitely is to late to change it, though, as the game is completed, and they'd have to replace everything that uses the render (CSP, BP, Trophy, VS, Classic, Adventure, All-Star, etc.)

I just hope the leak is confirmed or de-confirmed.
I have a feeling if this leak is true (probably is) that we won't even get anymore characters before launch in fear of spoiling the entire roster. Which means surprise starter(s).

domokl

Smash Lord
tomorrows pic might be big. a friday with a good week behindd it. then again it could be filler.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
You know, not just characters can help validate this leak. What if Sakurai reveals more stages? Especially the pink one? Of what if he shows that the Gameboy Stage is of Kirby's Dreamland (like in the leak)?

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
You know, not just characters can help validate this leak. What if Sakurai reveals more stages? Especially the pink one? Of what if he shows that the Gameboy Stage is of Kirby's Dreamland (like in the leak)?
Oooh...true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom