• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetkpopfan

Smash Rookie
Another thing that has me skeptical about more characters coming, Sakurai said they were nearing the end of newcomer trailers. Jr, DHD, Shulk account for 3, and people expect Dixie, Ridley, and Chorus Men too? We already have 10 trailers, 6 more doesn't seem like "nearing the end" to me. Of course multiple reveals could happen in one trailer, but the only instance of that is Robin's trailer, and Lucina was a clone and part of the FE series. Of course we could get newcomers who don't have a trailer, but that doesn't make much sense. Why would only a few not get trailers?

As for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, like Lucina I imagine they would get added in other newcomer trailers or just not get one(Dark Pit already teased in Palutena's anyway).

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Marth and Lucina have different weight, power, speed, and height. Pikachu and Pichu have different weight, power, speed, and height. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have different weight, power, speed, and height... the list just goes on.

Are they not clones anymore?
There is No Evidence Saying she is Weaker or Faster only that she is Shorter Plus Toon Link has Unique Moves Lucina Does Not so I'd say she is With Doc and Possibly Pittoo in a clone row makes sense to me at least

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I hate to be a nag (this is my third time saying this and I feel bad about it) but I really think it's worth mentioning the @RedditSmashBros twitter suspension. It was suspended shortly after it posted the leak. Twitter states that "Accounts are generally suspended for violations of the Twitter Rules. We may also suspend accounts for investigation if we suspect an account has been hacked or compromised." If there was no violation, then it could not have been suspended.

Counterpoint: Other leakers have deleted their own posts/content to make it seem real.
Countercounterpoint: You can't suspend your own twitter account.

Counterpoint: There are other twitter accounts who have posted the image and they have not been suspended.
Countercounterpoint: The @RedditSmashBros is a pretty popular account, but this is still a convincing counterpoint.

Counterpoint: We don't know if that's why they were suspended.
Countercounterpoint: We don't, but all recent content seemed benign.
Nothing wrong with nagging, sometimes it works!

Added.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I just realized. Although Green Hill shares it's Brawl SSS Mushroomy Kingdom does not: as this is the brawl one::mky:

Edit: every stage but this does too

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Another thing that has me skeptical about more characters coming, Sakurai said they were nearing the end of newcomer trailers. Jr, DHD, Shulk account for 3, and people expect Dixie, Ridley, and Chorus Men too? We already have 10 trailers, 6 more doesn't seem like "nearing the end" to me. Of course multiple reveals could happen in one trailer, but the only instance of that is Robin's trailer, and Lucina was a clone and part of the FE series. Of course we could get newcomers who don't have a trailer, but that doesn't make much sense. Why would only a few not get trailers?

As for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, like Lucina I imagine they would get added in other newcomer trailers or just not get one(Dark Pit already teased in Palutena's anyway).
They could share a trailer. Plus, Dark Pit can be counted in the Palutena trailer. That leaves Bowser Jr. who can trailer in with Dr. Mario, and possibly Dixie. We can also get different series all in one trailer. Maybe some don't get trailers.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Like a Dr.Mario and Bowser Jr Trailer with say another character too?

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

I actually never thought of that I mean it is true Sakurai did say he is near the end of newcomers...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Well, we could have unannounced newcomers it's not like we haven't before, and this is coming from a guy who's skeptical about the leak.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I just realized. Although Green Hill shares it's Brawl SSS Mushroomy Kingdom does not: as this is the brawl one::mky:

Edit: every stage but this does too
:yeahboi: More Proof for Team Real

And More Proof For Team Fake Also:secretkpop:

Last edited:

backlot

Smash Journeyman
That's one of the things that has been looked into. I don't know the full details but it seems that it was just some guy riding on the coattails of the original pictures. Not to mention besides being on 4chan, anyone with the username "mothering****ingleaker" probably isn't to be trusted.

My main point though is that this is not a staff/site conspiracy. If you want the full details, as they do seem to be very confident about the DLC Rumor being false, you'll have to ask @Neo Zero and @Swampasaur
Honestly, I think there ought to be some site-wide guidelines about how mods should be able to invoke their mod status with regards to leaks. It's confusing when mods start giving conflicting messages.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

also secret newcomers might not get trailers.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Random thing that may mean nothing

The hands seem to be changed.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

There could be chance that there will be newcomers without trailers. More specifically, really secret newcomers

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

A few would not get trailers because there is already plenty of hype for the game, and once the game comes out and people discover MORE characters, there will still be additional hype.

Plus Sakurai has kept characters quiet in EVER SMASH GAME PRIOR.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

There's always been hidden newcomers not known about until the game's release.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
So how confident are we that there are still newcomers to unlock? Or are we confident at all?

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice

I don't think that means much. If anything, it makes the leak more believable since a faker wouldn't be that forgetful, but that could just be what the faker wants us to think.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Okay I just double checked the stage roster. Every returning stage has the same picture but Pictochat and Mushroomy Kingdom.
:mky::pictochat:

closetkpopfan

Smash Rookie
There could be, but isn't that just wishful thinking? We don't have any instances of multiple newcomers appearing in a trailer, the only one we have is Lucina and the fact that she was from the same series and was a clone made sense for her to be included.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
You know, every time I think about some guy wanting to privately share some pictures of this new game with a friend, trusting his friend to not let them get out, and his friend betraying that trust and letting a number of people get a hold of the pictures, ultimately leading to the mass, public dispersal of the pictures and the repercussions of this in the original leaker's life, it really starts tearing me up inside. It's just so sad to think that one's friend would be so careless as to allow their entire career (and possibly life in general) to be destroyed.
That's actually pretty sad, if my friend had inside info on a game thanks to his/her dream job and he/she was willing to share with me the details as bad as I'd want to tell everyone I wouldn't. And if I did I'd do it in a way that wouldn't make it obvious.

Ye I know but I kinda want a newcomer instead.
Shulk, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt Dog are all newcomers. A model of them would work too :troll:

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

I suppose, if real, that they changed the design on many things.
After all, characters do not have the same color behind them, Olimar's icon changed, the character's name disappeared...
That or the fake leaker was really bored and didn't bother.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Okay I just double checked the stage roster. Every returning stage has the same picture but Pictochat and Mushroomy Kingdom.
:mky::pictochat:
I dunno. It's odd, but I don't think it's that much.
I suppose, if real, that they changed the design on many things.
After all, characters do not have the same color behind them, Olimar's icon changed, the character's name disappeared...
That or the fake leaker was really bored and didn't bother.
With how well these were made, no way is the leaker lazy.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I at least hope there's one more Pokemon character *Cough* Mewtwo *Cough* since I just can't picture Pokemon being knocked down a character when Mario goes up 3 since Brawl.

Well Mario lost a character from Melee to Brawl.
IMO there are Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo in at least, Impa being a wonder for me.
Dunno, if there are 4, that's it, if 5 more, I would add the Chorus Kids.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do the words in the pictochat stage icon say?

closetkpopfan

Smash Rookie
There's always been hidden newcomers not known about until the game's release.
But prior to this entry we haven't had newcomer reveal trailers for every single newcomer. Yes it's possible there will be hidden newcomers, but I don't think Sakurai would put unique newcomers into the game and not give them a trailer, it wouldn't make any sense to have 2-3 characters like that just with no trailer. Unless the trailer's are in the game and just aren't revealed before release, but that still doesn't line up with his "nearing the end" statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom