• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Hmmm. It seems like something he would do. This leak certainly limits the new content he can definitively show if he wants to hide the true legitimacy of the leak until launch.
He could show us Wario in overalls. There was art for both versions in Brawl. It'd still be official art, but wouldn't prove/disprove anything in the leak.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I meant this to just be the characters we didn't know about before this leak. Luigi is unlockable because it's tradition, and I believe Sakurai confirmed that he was unlockable, and said that he usually doesn't show secret characters but did because of the Year of Luigi. And yes, it would be nice if we could add polls!
I meant Rosalina in starters, sorry, forgot to edit.
No seriously on or the other unless Luigi is less important and prominent to the Mario series then Rosalina.

Gah, off topic. Back on topic, people don't read the second post on this thread do they.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most people assume Sakurai will not reveal a character from this leak as the artwork will confirm or de-confirm it.

But if this leak is real
, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.

Just a random thought I had, and is speculation on my part.

Though I'm sure someone could've said this already.
There are too many things involved with character reveals, just from Nintendo's promotion to Famitsu, so they're not going to cut it down. I highly doubt they're also going to change character art this late, the game has most likely already gone gold and changing a character render also means changing things like stock icons. Changing the render on the website only is possible I guess, but I find it highly unlikely since that means it'd end up being inconsistent for the rest of the site's lifespan, which is simply not worth it, unless of course they change it back after release, but if they have to do that with every character revealed up until release it's going to be one hell of a mess.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Honestly there are only tiny details separating people from choosing "fake" or "real." At this point no one and I mean no one should believe 100% of it is truth or lies. Many of the counter arguments present valid points, as does some of the evidence. However, we need to think more critically about the source of this leak. If it is from ESRB, then this should be the final roster, as ESRB don't play the games at all. Let's say they did. Why wouldn't they have a fully unlocked build? Let's say the leaks origins are false. Perhaps, if it is true, this is an outdated CSS as evidenced by poor color/spacing choices as well as odd renders.

Just something we really should consider instead of all this team real or fake ****.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I have a question for anyone who has played the 3DS version (in 3D). How did the CSS look in 3D? How would it look wit all dem squares? Just curious, as if it's already busy then imagine it being busy and poppin' out at ya.

For the record, I actually like how it looks! There is a very popart feel to this iteration.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
He could show us Wario in overalls. There was art for both versions in Brawl. It'd still be official art, but wouldn't prove/disprove anything in the leak.
But then they would have to update the official site with the Wario icon, and all of the icons on the CSS are the same as what's on the site.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
pretty confident considering the messiness and arraignment of the leaked roster.
This was my thinking. I see no reason why Sakurai and the team couldn't have resized boxes and such to make the roster fit on the screen.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You know, not just characters can help validate this leak. What if Sakurai reveals more stages? Especially the pink one? Of what if he shows that the Gameboy Stage is of Kirby's Dreamland (like in the leak)?
I doubt Sakurai would help the leak.
We know last time there was a leak.
Chrom: I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day.
:laugh:
(Note: I'm a Gematsu supporter, I just wanted to make that joke :laugh: )

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Honestly there are only tiny details separating people from choosing "fake" or "real." At this point no one and I mean no one should believe 100% of it is truth or lies. Many of the counter arguments present valid points, as does some of the evidence. However, we need to think more critically about the source of this leak. If it is from ESRB, then this should be the final roster, as ESRB don't play the games at all. Let's say they did. Why wouldn't they have a fully unlocked build? Let's say the leaks origins are false. Perhaps, if it is true, this is an outdated CSS as evidenced by poor color/spacing choices as well as odd renders.

Just something we really should consider instead of all this team real or fake ****.
It's possible that different members of the ESRB received different version of the game in order to cut down on leaks.

It's possible that additional characters are DLC, and the ESRB does not directly deal with DLC.

It's possible that more characters are shown in later parts of the video that the ESRB was shown, but those video clips were not leaked.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
This is a huge stretch. No way. Every piece of art is being used in game. They won't go to lengths to try and deny the leak. The only people who saw the leak are us very hardcore fans. The bulk of buyers still don't know about this non-sense.

Secondly if they DID make new character art it'd be the same character models in a different pose. We'd still figure it out. If you know anything about 3D art they won't build one from the ground up. There' no time or point and the artists who make the renders like that are either busy with other projects on their to-do list or not even working since their jobs could possibly be done at this point.

If anything it'll be like every leak in the past and they'll pretend it never happened and release it as normal.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I doubt Sakurai would help the leak.
We know last time there was a leak.
Chrom: I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day.
:laugh:
(Note: I'm a Gematsu supporter, I just wanted to make that joke :laugh: )
Don't forget the Palutena Statue stage shown the day after the Palutena leak. :laugh:

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
yeah sakurai acutally acknoledges leaks this timew so he knows about this one.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
This is a huge stretch. No way. Every piece of art is being used in game. They won't go to lengths to try and deny the leak. The only people who saw the leak are us very hardcore fans. The bulk of buyers still don't know about this non-sense.

Secondly if they DID make new character art it'd be the same character models in a different pose. We'd still figure it out. If you know anything about 3D art they won't build one from the ground up. There' no time or point and the artists who make the renders like that are either busy with other projects on their to-do list or not even working since their jobs could possibly be done at this point.

If anything it'll be like every leak in the past and they'll pretend it never happened and release it as normal.
what if he changed it just for the site but kept the old in game xD by the people realized the change it wouldn't really matter.

D

Deleted member

There are too many things involved with character reveals, just from Nintendo's promotion to Famitsu, so they're not going to cut it down. I highly doubt they're also going to change character art this late, the game has most likely already gone gold and changing a character render also means changing things like stock icons. Changing the render on the website only is possible I guess, but I find it highly unlikely since that means it'd end up being inconsistent for the rest of the site's lifespan, which is simply not worth it, unless of course they change it back after release, but if they have to do that with every character revealed up until release it's going to be one hell of a mess.
But all he said Sakurai could do is change the website artwork, which would only take a day for them. They would leave eerything in game the same, but change the reveal artwork to try to kill the leak if it is real.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Don't forget the Palutena Statue stage shown the day after the Palutena leak...
Actually, a screenshot of Rosalina & Zelda on the Reset Bomb Forest stage along with Viridi in the background was shown off. Palutena's temple wasn't shown off until February 13th I believe...where Palutena was ambiguously not named but just called "The Goddess of Light".

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Well if it matters I did a bit of snooping, Brinstar's picture is angled differently from all previous ones in past games. Not that it matters too much I guess...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
It's possible that different members of the ESRB received different version of the game in order to cut down on leaks.

It's possible that additional characters are DLC, and the ESRB does not directly deal with DLC.

It's possible that more characters are shown in later parts of the video that the ESRB was shown, but those video clips were not leaked.
It is highly unlikely that different members have different builds. In addition, didn't the leaker say "I'm working on unlocking characters!" Even if he did not, it does not answer why they would not provide a full roster video. What would nintendo or the ESRB gain from that? Logically, it makes little sense. Also, DLC is no longer in the picture according to the leakers.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
what if he changed it just for the site but kept the old in game xD by the people realized the change it wouldn't really matter.
I thought of that and my second point covers that possibility.

A. They only have time to change the pose of the character art models and then rerender them in a different pose. If the models are the same we'll still know. There's no point.

B. They don't have time to build new render models to fool us.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Actually, a screenshot of Rosalina & Zelda on the Reset Bomb Forest stage along with Viridi in the background was shown off. Palutena's temple wasn't shown off until February 13th I believe...where Palutena was ambiguously not named but just called "The Goddess of Light".
Oh yeah, It's been so long, that i forgot, that the pic you're talking about happened first. I still remember the statue being ironic at least.

Last edited:

Une

Smash Apprentice
Welp. So much for THAT conspiracy theory.

"Hurr hurr Sakurai conspiracy this conspiracy that trolling, etc."

Yeah, whatever. Go listen to some Alex Jones.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Well I'm going to be gone for a bit, so if you want me to add something to the initial post, tag me in your post and I'll check it out when I come back.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

A. They only have time to change the pose of the character art models and then rerender them in a different pose. If the models are the same we'll still know. There's no point.

But weren't people just saying the leak is fake because fresh models can easily be made from other resources?

D

Deleted member

These are professional artists, if someone skilled with photoshop and talent can do it in a day or two, Sakurai's team can

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Still nuetral towards the leak until release. The only thing that would make me care about this roster is if picture proof of the info involving Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie/Chorus.

1. When asked about Mewtwo Y at E3 13 Sakurai should have kept his mouth shut.

2. "Lets tease a shadow of a complete model instead of showing the real thing"

3. Dixie is relevent again due to Tropical Frezze but lets give Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem uneded reps cause Japan is biased towards anime stereotypes.

4. Rhythm heaven ememy in Smash run is what everybody is saying so theres that.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
Most people assume Sakurai will not reveal a character from this leak as the artwork will confirm or de-confirm it.

But if this leak is real
, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.

Just a random thought I had, and is speculation on my part.

Though I'm sure someone could've said this already.
I hate to be rude but you have every reason to say this if you faked the leak. I think the leak is real (mostly due to the Famitsu/leak images matching) but it seems really suspicious to say "Sakurai might change things to cover this up" when you are the one with everything to lose.

It's also suspicious to fake images to "protect people's jobs", then suddenly have a change of heart and say the leak is legit.

Not trying to be rude, but understand that the burden of proof is on the leakers and it seems shady when you try and escape that.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Even if this leak turns out to be fake
even though it probably won't be fake
The renders are really nice and I would pay for those renders as fanart

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be rude but you have every reason to say this if you faked the leak. I think the leak is real (mostly due to the Famitsu/leak images matching) but it seems really suspicious to say "Sakurai might change things to cover this up" when you are the one with everything to lose.

It's also suspicious to fake images to "protect people's jobs", then suddenly have a change of heart and say the leak is legit.

Not trying to be rude, but understand that the burden of proof is on the leakers and it seems shady when you try and escape that.
where have you been all my life zacoftheglasses

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Still nuetral towards the leak until release. The only thing that would make me care about this roster is if picture proof of the info involving Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie/Chorus.

1. When asked about Mewtwo Y at E3 13 Sakurai should have kept his mouth shut.

2. "Lets tease a shadow of a complete model instead of showing the real thing"

3. Dixie is relevent again due to Tropical Frezze but lets give Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem uneded reps cause Japan is biased towards anime stereotypes.

4. Rhythm heaven ememy in Smash run is what everybody is saying so theres that.
You mean as the group of DLC characters?

..Speaking rationally, why would one of the first things teased be a DLC character?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I made a 3d render using Doc's melee model just for kicks. It's not finished rendering so its very grainy looking. It's the only Doc model I could find that was open and easy for the public to obtain. It doesn't really prove anything imo since its now very apparent that this model and the leaked one are very different but it was an interesting experiment:

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I made a 3d render using Doc's melee model just for kicks. It's not finished rendering so its very grainy looking. It's the only Doc model I could find that was open and easy for the public to obtain. It doesn't really prove anything imo but it was an interesting experiment:
the true shame about this leak is that Dr. Mario loses that fabulous tan

D

Deleted member

I don't know thee process, but does anyone know if the character art is 3d renders or just digital paintings? just kinda curious, doesn't really affect anything

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I don't know thee process, but does anyone know if the character art is 3d renders or just digital paintings? just kinda curious, doesn't really affect anything
Its so blurry it could be either. Someone made this one (its 2d) that most of us know about: http://i.imgur.com/YIg2qDV.png but something like that isn't made easily in like a day. Many artists save their stuff and work on it later instead of powering through and finishing in a day unless they're speed painting which wouldn't be of that quality.

This leak mimics an earlier one that popped up only a few weeks earlier. They'd literally have to have sat down and slaved away in that time period and slaved away in photoshop until finishing all of the art for every character. Plus they had to do all the menu garbage. Some of the larger renders look 3D to me though so I've leaned towards that theory. If its fake... wow. That's some dedication considering it'll be crushed next time they reveal a character.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Quick question...I just noticed this, and it may not mean much but going back to the original character select screen...the player 1 looks like he's about to pick Kirby right? Clearly it must be since the icon gets bigger when the hand picks it up. If that's the case...why is Kirby not slightly ethereal and looks to be the same as the other three?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I made a 3d render using Doc's melee model just for kicks. It's not finished rendering so its very grainy looking. It's the only Doc model I could find that was open and easy for the public to obtain. It doesn't really prove anything imo since its now very apparent that this model and the leaked one are very different but it was an interesting experiment:
If that was the only Dr. Mario model you could find, then you didn't look very hard. There are dozens of Dr. Marios that have been made for Brawl which can all be downloaded for completely free.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...h=and&Target=Mario&rawlView_php?Moderated=All

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Quick question...I just noticed this, and it may not mean much but going back to the original character select screen...the player 1 looks like he's about to pick Kirby right? Clearly it must be since the icon gets bigger when the hand picks it up. If that's the case...why is Kirby not slightly ethereal and looks to be the same as the other three?
This is actually in the E3 demo as well. If you watch it while someone picks a character they don't turn transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom