• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Also, why would the results screen focus on Shulk if he was the CPU in that battle and Lucina was player controlled?
Good point. That's kind of weird. Maybe the CPU got more points than the player? idk.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If there's no proof then it's just hearsay. The Ridley thing irritates me, though I'd expect Sakurai to pull something like that and then act surprised when people bash him for it. How... malicious, I guess.

I will never forgive Dark Pit. Come on, Sakurai, you're better than this.

Anyway has anything relevant appeared from that locked all-star image?

Last edited:

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Dude seriously. If Nintendo went around removing the videos like crazy yesterday, it was for a reason.
I hate when people say this is fake. Why would Nintendo waste their time taking down fake videos?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
OH BTW PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS, IT'S ABOUT THE LEAK:

He's just telling us what we want to hear. :(

If I've learned anything... the most believable "leaks" are the ones that give us the most down to earth news ad arguably a few disappointments.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
just one thing and it may get fixed or what ever Shulks attacks seem a bit stiff from what I have seen from the leaks but some thing about it still leaves an awful taste in my mouth not I will never feel the moment of surprise when finding all these characters my self :(

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

seems sketchy because he got something wrong here, if dark pit isn't a clone why is he in the clone spot?, cause he looks like pit? bulls***! it defeats the purpose of a clone corner if there is a unique character not on his own franchise.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

andimidna

Smash Master
I'll talk a bit about them, but they are looking fake too.

Notice how Lucina never moves.........
I wouldn't be shocked to see all of the last-minute clones get a lame victory animations. It's hard to tell, but she might swing her sword in front of her before going into her stance. I'm not at all surprised this is what it is though, it looks like her in-game Awakening stance and her artwork. So why not? The highlight of it is likely a voice clip. And it's not hard to imagine what she'll probably say.
"I say when it ends!"
"You will not stop me!"
"Whatever it takes."
"There we are!"
Ooh, this makes me hope she'll say something for her counter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Definitely strange, though maybe it's because of the 3DS only focusing on one character and not having room for the other? Each person has their own screen and whatnot.

Sounds dumb, but it's a thought.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
MFL was confirmed to be full of it. He's been banned from here and all that jazz.

Also, there's no evidence to confirm that there's anything beyond what's there except for a few people saying there might be more. Until we see more evidence that there's more to the roster than Doc, Pittoo, Doge, Junior and Shulk, we should assume that's all we've got.

I keep repeating this patiently to everyone who says 'THERE'S MORE!' because this is the Melee and Brawl leaks all over again. Everyone's assuming more for various reasons and getting their hopes up, only to have them dashed. I don't want to see you guys get disappointed when that's inevitably it.

"But Beef!" you cry. "Ninka/Vaanrose/etc. all said there's more!"

And until there's evidence for that, genuine photographic and/or video evidence, it's best to assume they're just trying to drag this thing out as long as possible. If there was more, we'd have inevitably heard about it by now.

Best of all, if I'm wrong and there IS more to come, well, great! That means you're going to enjoy it more because you weren't expecting it.
Well, yeah. I'm assuming that the only credibility MF has beyond the pics is him having a copy of the game, which would mean his statements about Ridley and company would have to be DISproven.

This is the perfect scenario where it is better to be safe than sorry which is why I think both leakers are lying. It's possible they're not, but I don't want to be disappointed when the full roster is confirmed and I don't think anyone else does either. It's safe and best to assume that the leaked screen is all we get.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Definitely strange, though maybe it's because of the 3DS only focusing on one character and not having room for the other? Each person has their own screen and whatnot.

Sounds dumb, but it's a thought.
Well, why don't we combine the two theories being bandied about? Shulk got the most wins in the match, so he gets victory music and does a pose, whereas his partner is static. Makes sense to me, whether it turns out to be the case or not.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Dude seriously. If Nintendo went around removing the videos like crazy yesterday, it was for a reason.
I wouldn't put much stock in that. Anyone can claim a copyright infringement on Youtube and say they're Nintendo of America/Japan. I figure it actually IS NoA/NoJ, but honestly, I wouldn't use it as an indicator.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
just one thing and it may get fixed or what ever Shulks attacks seem a bit stiff from what I have seen from the leaks but some thing about it still leaves an awful taste in my mouth not I will never feel the moment of surprise when finding all these characters my self :(
I was upset as well but then I realized that to keep the surprise factor of discovering the characters yourself you pretty much have to stay off the internet. If your not willing to do that then you are almost guaranteed to spoil the game for yourself. So I have accepted that I know almost all of the roster now and am not as upset as I was a few days ago.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
To be fair the game is all about jumping up a mountain and you have to do so with really bad jumping and hit detection.

It uses the same jumping physics as the arcade Mario Bros, so i get it has some flaws. The hit detection is just fine in my opinion. All about jumping up a mountain? Super Mario Bros is all about pulling down flagpoles and Legend of Zelda is all about finding triforce pieces. The game has aged, i get it. But so has most of the other NES games, and calling it a very bad NES game sounds very opinionated.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't put much stock in that. Anyone can claim a copyright infringement on Youtube and say they're Nintendo of America/Japan. I figure it actually IS NoA/NoJ, but honestly, I wouldn't use it as an indicator.
I cannot believe people are actually still saying things like this. Whatever, think what you want.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, people claiming those leaked videos were made with hacks have absolutely no idea the limitations of hacking Brawl and the amount of time needed to program varies details.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I love his Down Smash though, and dont worry even if you know they'll be in you will be happy when ness/any other character is revealed tommorow/sometime

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Keep expectations low y'all. Just for the sake of not being disappointed if we get nothing more than the leaked CSS screen. If you do that then you're a certified Rich Homie.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Now that you bring it up her pose in that particular instance looks like her image from the official site

andimidna

Smash Master

This is pretty obviously a fan-made wish list. And the leaker was obviously an inferior being because he's a Ridley detractor AND thinks Dark Pit has even a small chance of being a unique newcomer.

-Chorus Men being part of the gematsu leak doesn't just open the door to any RH character
-Not even going to argue about Ridley
-This leak is real, and Dark Pit is not in the clone section because he's unique. I really hope everybody gets this. I'd be less surprised if he ended up a Palutena clone than 100% unique
-That Ice Climber concept is viable, but also pretty much a pipe-dream
-After the leak, were just not getting that many veterans
-we all saw Bowser Jr's gameplay, get real, he's in
-And so are Duck Hunt Dog and Dr. Mario

Don't even consider this leak. Not even a little bit.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I cannot believe people are actually still saying things like this. Whatever, think what you want.
Because it's true? Watch.

I'm literally a few keystrokes away from submitting a copyright infringement against any video I want. Youtube threatens that you can be charged with perjury if you're wrong, but there's no danger because anyone submitting a copyright infringement on the Smash leak videos are technically correct in that it infringes on copyrights.

I understand you're all pretty much prepared to respond with kneejerk reactions to anything that might even remotely seem like a slight against the leak, since it's real, but when ANYONE can take down a video, especially when there's no repercussions, it's not really anything we can take seriously. Someone's going to take the videos down it if it's not NoA/NoJ, because there ARE people out there on the internet who like to crap all over everyone else's fun. It's not all puppy dogs and rainbows out there.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Sorry if I'm late, but has this been already discussed?
It certainly has. A lot of people are missing that one somehow though.

Keep expectations low y'all. Just for the sake of not being disappointed if we get nothing more than the leaked CSS screen.
This guy gets it.

I got enough for this roster to be great. Everything else from here on out is just bonus, so I'm not particularly worried.

Hope for the best, expect the worst is the best option right now.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
-Chorus Men being part of the gematsu leak doesn't just open the door to any RH character
I can see a Rhythm Heaven character being in not due to Gematsu, but due to the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
While Im part of the now almost everyone that believes in the leak. I can also believe that some people can still keep skeptic about it. I almost want it to be fake just to see the mayor internet explosion it would cause.
So, go ahead and keep analizing the leak fellas. I applaud your persistence. But don't make it only because the character that you wanted is not there, that makes it sound like pure bitterness.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Maybe the one behind the leaks is Sakurai himself, who orchestrated the leaks to make some extra hype and dialogue over the game and generate even more surprise when the newcomers come out. And his face right now would be...

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I can see a Rhythm Heaven character being in not due to Gematsu, but due to the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run.
So are Polar Bear suggesting for Ice Climbers to come back, but that's me wishing them to come back also the Chorus Men ^_^

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I missed this, but was Alph ever actually shown to be apart of Olimar's color schemes or was it all via text? I'm just wondering if this is information that we're finding to be believable or not

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Sorry if I'm late, but has this been already discussed?
Haven't seen that particular pic yet. Sakurai isn't that great when it comes to menus, but what has been shown so far does have a lot of charm, especially due to the playable characters making cameos.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
While Im part of the now almost everyone that believes in the leak. I can also believe that some people can still keep skeptic about it. I almost want it to be fake just to see the mayor internet explosion it would cause.
So, go ahead and keep analizing the leak fellas. I applaud your persistence. But don't make it only because the character that you wanted is not there, that makes it sound like pure bitterness.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Maybe the one behind the leaks is Sakurai himself, who orchestrated the leaks to make some extra hype and dialogue over the game and generate even more surprise when the newcomers come out. And his face right now would be...

You're a genius mate.

Can you imagine if Sakurai and Kojima planned all this? What with Kojima doing the whole Phantom Pain thing.
Would you REALLY put it past these two trolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom