• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I gotta be honest, that all-star icon doesn't look locked at all. I know it's highlighted, but the icon had at least could've been greyed out. If that small lock on the bottom wasn't there and the roster wasn't messed up, half of smashboards would've been crying right now.
I must be blind or something because I don't see a lock. Could someone please point it out for me?

Edit: It's a miracle. I'm cured of blindness. I see it.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Anyway, with the Spectator PotD showing Omega form stages, does that mean the Final Destination versions of the stages can be used in the normal Vs. Mode too or something?
It would be exceedingly odd if that (or really, basically anything besides maybe spectating) was restricted to online play only.

I must be blind or something because I don't see a lock. Could someone please point it out for me?
The lock

Last edited:

Soul.

It would be exceedingly odd if that (or really, basically anything besides maybe spectating) was restricted to online play only.
Yeah, it would be weird. They should be allowed in offline play too...maybe even on the With Friends mode.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Why are people so much more pessimistic today about Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley and Chorus Kids' chances?

The 4chan leak from July 27 and concurrent deniableplasuibility leak (which was sourced from another 4chan leaker, but I can't find a pic of that thread) were both posted before the Ninka leak - which predicted just about everything in the current ESRB leak - went big. Before the Ninka / Vanroose thread was posted the content of the Ninka leak had been unnoticed.

Yesterday lots of people were thinking these 4 had a good chance....today there's pessimism.

What changed?

micstar615

Smash Ace
Why are people so much more pessimistic today about Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley and Chorus Kids' chances?

The 4chan leak from July 27 and concurrent deniableplasuibility leak (which was sourced from another 4chan leaker, but I can't find a pic of that thread) were both posted before the Ninka leak - which predicted just about everything in the current ESRB leak - went big. Before the Ninka / Vanroose thread was posted the content of the Ninka leak had been unnoticed.

Yesterday lots of people were thinking these 4 had a good chance....today there's pessimism.

What changed?
I think people just don't want to get their hopes up, also if there are more characters, it's just weird that they weren't sent to the ESRB. I certainly hope there are more characters though.

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
As long as Mr. Game and Crotch is in... ill be happy...

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think people just don't want to get their hopes up, also if there are more characters, it's just weird that they weren't sent to the ESRB. I certainly hope there are more characters though.
ESRB only needs to see content that is potentially controversial such as sexual content, extreme violence, drug use, gambling, etc, as well as some video examples of typical gameplay.

So there's no real need to show the ESRB every single character.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
ESRB only needs to see content that is potentially controversial such as sexual content, extreme violence, drug use, gambling, etc, as well as some video examples of typical gameplay.

This makes sense, but then I've got to wonder why a lot of what we've seen so far was sent to the ESRB, as well. Most of it has no traces of sexual content whatsoever... although I guess they'd need to show some family friendly content, too, to avoid giving the impression that it's a smutty game? I dunno. :p

micstar615

Smash Ace

Makes sense, I seriously hope there are more. I love the current roster, don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked to play as every newcomer basically, but I feel as if it's missing a few fan favourites.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Seriously. Yesterday everyone was so convinced, and then I see people going "Well, now I'm not sure of Mewtwo's chances because of X, or Dixie's chances because of X." Did something happen? I'm pretty sure all the information these leakers have is only related to the ESRB footage, which clearly does not contain everything.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Maybe not.

It looks like everyone is taking blurry images at face value. Looking though the images, there is actually a lot wrong and, yes, there are things that are wrong based of the newest pic of the day. It's going to take some time to get it all down. Could it be real. Perhaps. But I'll make my argument first.

As a reminder, Gamtasu said Mii Fighter before it was announced (the actual name of the character). And Gamatsu was considered to be real........until it wasn't.
explain the videos son

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
From what we've seen so far, I assume they're showing the suggestive trophies to ensure they know they could potentially choose to slap the "suggestive content" rating - the fights with Bowser Jr. and the were probably examples of potential "cartoon violence" and the ones with Shulk/Lucina showing potential "Mild Violence" of the non-cartoon sort (since it involves realistic humans with swords, etc.)

Showing internet connection things so they can slap on "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" and showing the betting system for possible "simulated gambling" maybe. Some of the menus or w/e might be them trying to show them any potential "comic mischief" present in the menu images, possibly. Though I don't really know why they'd need to show them the CSS screen :p

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
sorry to go off topic but WAITING FOR NESS!!!!! (I hope his render is the one on the leak, we know for sure duck hunt dog is in)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Seriously. Yesterday everyone was so convinced, and then I see people going "Well, now I'm not sure of Mewtwo's chances because of X, or Dixie's chances because of X." Did something happen? I'm pretty sure all the information these leakers have is only related to the ESRB footage, which clearly does not contain everything.
The fact that the MFing leaker's "Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, Impa, Mach Rider" leak was fake has gotten around, I guess. :p

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The popular theory is that Ness will be revealed tonight because of some Mother anniversary. I'd prefer that along with a Lucas cut confirmation.

Raijinken

Smash Master
From what we've seen so far, I assume they're showing the suggestive trophies to ensure they know they could potentially choose to slap the "suggestive content" rating - the fights with Bowser Jr. and the were probably examples of potential "cartoon violence" and the ones with Shulk/Lucina showing potential "Mild Violence" of the non-cartoon sort (since it involves realistic humans with swords, etc.)

Showing internet connection things so they can slap on "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" and showing the betting system for possible "simulated gambling" maybe. Some of the menus or w/e might be them trying to show them any potential "comic mischief" present in the menu images, possibly. Though I don't really know why they'd need to show them the CSS screen :p
Brawl also had spectator betting, and did not get a gambling rating, so I'm not worried about that.

The popular theory is that Ness will be revealed tonight because of some Mother anniversary. I'd prefer that along with a Lucas cut confirmation.
I'm hoping for some bottle rockets to fly out of nowhere and confirm Jeff as a character. If that happens, Lucas can go take a hike and save the world or something.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The fact that the MFing leaker's "Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, Impa, Mach Rider" leak was fake has gotten around, I guess. :p
Man, I thought the Mach Rider leak was super fake from the get-go. It seemed to be riding the coattails of the other 4chan leak with those characters. And Ninka. Honestly, I don't see how it makes them* any less likely. Did anyone really expect we were missing *6*more characters for the 3DS version alone? (This is of course not counting DLC, which will undoubtedly happen.)

That's crazy. I'm gonna say it's 2-4 missing tops.

Them being Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Kids/Marshal.

If anyone can find a more credible leak source that thinks they're out, that'd be cool. (And also terrible.)

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Man, I thought the Mach Rider leak was super fake from the get-go. It seemed to be riding the coattails of the other 4chan leak with those characters. And Ninka. Honestly, I don't see how it makes them* any less likely. Did anyone really expect we were missing *6*more characters for the 3DS version alone? (This is of course not counting DLC, which will undoubtedly happen.)

That's crazy. I'm gonna say it's 2-4 missing tops.

Them being Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Kids/Marshal.

If anyone can find a more credible leak source that thinks they're out, that'd be cool. (And also terrible.)
I also think those 4 are the most likely. If not them, then I'm definitely open to the random text leak idea of Ice Climber, Lucas, Wolf, and Marshal, though I'm not putting much to any faith in that one haha.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The reason why I'd support the Ice Climber as solo is because I feel it could represent it more as the game itself rather than being a co-op multiplayer character. Though I feel like they could add the Condor as a recovery just for when the AI isn't there.

A lot of people want Ridley. I think we deserve Ridley as playable after the last year. I know people will get on me over the entitlement issue here, but I really can't think of any other character, playable or not that's been handled like that. Not here. Not for Brawl. Not for Melee (though I wasn't engrossed in the communal aspect of Smash then).

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If Ridley isn't included, it'll be for legitimate reasons and not just because "no Ridley 4 u!!!! :awesome:". He is most definitely aware of the demand amongst the fanbase. I feel as though making him work in Smash would be possible, but I also feel that, between having a comparatively very complex model and the fact that there's already another "dragon" character in the game, they may have just decided that he wasn't a feasible inclusion. :ohwell: I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting the worst.

Spire

III
BRoomer
When considering how Sakurai might feel about this, one might draw a sorrowful conclusion, but the truth is: there's room for five more characters and the likelihood of there being more, either at launch or in future DLC, is rather high. The bright side is, we don't know the last five, but Sakurai does. How he presents them may change because of this happenstance. There's no changing what has been done, so let us recognize the best has yet to come: October 3rd.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Ridley isn't included, it'll be for legitimate reasons and not just because "no Ridley 4 u!!!! :awesome:". He is most definitely aware of the demand amongst the fanbase. I feel as though making him work in Smash would be possible, but I also feel that, between having a comparatively very complex model and the fact that there's already another "dragon" character in the game, they may have just decided that he wasn't a feasible inclusion. :ohwell: I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting the worst.
I doubt it'd be because he's a dragon, his proportions and fighting style are vastly different from Charizard. It'd either be because he's hard to implement or Sakurai shares the same opinion as detractors. Personally I just want to know why he'd keep him under wraps like this for over a year only to reveal him as a lesser version of himself from the past game.

R0Y

Smash Master
Then why draw it out? Especially for this long.
I hope he's playable as well, but some men just want to see the world burn. Also for some reason Sakurai might think some people actually still be happy if he's just a boss again after the Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Lucina, Palutena, and Dark Pit got in.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I hope he's playable as well, but some men just want to see the world burn. Also for some reason Sakurai might think some people actually still be happy if he's just a boss again after the Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Lucina, Palutena, and Dark Pit got in.
Considering the amount of teasing he's done, and that the outcome you've described would mean he'd get less billing than the Yellow Devil across both versions, I don't think many would be happy, if any, especially because most people HATE Yellow Devil in Smash already.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I doubt it'd be because he's a dragon, his proportions and fighting style are vastly different from Charizard. It'd either be because he's hard to implement or Sakurai shares the same opinion as detractors. Personally I just want to know why he'd keep him under wraps like this for over a year only to reveal him as a lesser version of himself from the past game.
Him being a dragon wouldn't be the nail in the coffin by any means, but it doesn't exactly mesh with Sakurai's criteria for newcomers being "has unique moveset potential" (although the degree to which his inclusions follow this is inconsistent). I certainly think Ridley could be unique, and I really would love for him to be in; however, considering the other difficulties surrounding his implementation, I can see Sakurai deciding that the resource investment isn't worth it. :ohwell:
I'm hopeful but I'd rather avoid feelings of disappointment, especially considering how great the roster is already. :)

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I know this leak seems pretty legitimate. I really hope that maybe the character select screen was an unfinished mock up for the ESRB. I am happy we got what we have, but if they were going to take a character from melee it shouldn't have been Dr. Mario. Maybe they just filled in a blank with an alt. costume render...yeah, I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom