• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Because it's true? Watch.

I'm literally a few keystrokes away from submitting a copyright infringement against any video I want. Youtube threatens that you can be charged with perjury if you're wrong, but there's no danger because anyone submitting a copyright infringement on the Smash leak videos are technically correct in that it infringes on copyrights.

I understand you're all pretty much prepared to respond with kneejerk reactions to anything that might even remotely seem like a slight against the leak, since it's real, but when ANYONE can take down a video, especially when there's no repercussions, someone's going to do it if it's not NoA/NoJ, because there ARE people out there on the internet who like to crap all over everyone else's fun.
I know anyone can do that and I agree with you to some extent. My question to you is are you still trying to prove the leak fake? If you are then stop, it has pretty much been proven true by yesterday's PotD. If you are not trying to prove it is fake and are just trying to prove that Nintendo taking down the videos doesn't mean much, then ok I get what you are saying. However when leaked footage is being deleted not only off Youtube but also from places such as file hosting services and the company (Nintendo) itself speaks on the matter and says they have "nothing to announce", it's pretty clear it is actually Nintendo deleting the videos.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I know anyone can do that and I agree with you to some extent. My question to you is are you still trying to prove the leak fake? If you are then stop, it has pretty much been proven true by yesterday's PotD. If you are not trying to prove it is fake and are just trying to prove that Nintendo taking down the videos doesn't mean much, then ok I get what you are saying. However when leaked footage is being deleted not only off Youtube but also from places such as file hosting services and the company (Nintendo) itself speaks on the matter and says they have "nothing to announce", it's pretty clear it is actually Nintendo deleting the videos.
Plus they fired the guy I think

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I know anyone can do that and I agree with you to some extent. My question to you is are you still trying to prove the leak fake?
Oh, so that's what this is about. Here I figured you were just having a kneejerk reaction to a perceived slight against the leak and.. I guess to some extent you are, because I've said this already:

I understand you're all pretty much prepared to respond with kneejerk reactions to anything that might even remotely seem like a slight against the leak, since it's real,
And you seemed to ignore it. I'm not doubting the legitimacy of the leak. I 100% believe it's real. We've got definitive proof. There's no question about its legitimacy. All that's left is to wait and see if people were lying or not about there being more. That's the only part of all this leak nonsense that I've been questioning, but largely because the leakers are being coy about it.

When I say 'Anyone can file a copyright infringement and take down the Smash leak videos.', I say that because it's true. Anyone can do it. I'm not trying to prove the leak fake. All I'm saying when I say that is that using the videos being taken down as evidence for the leak being real, when the videos already prove the leak to be real, is just silly.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
do you know what i imagine *scenario start*
Sakurai: oh man some person leaked all the characters its time to not reveal the unconfirmed ones until the Wii U version comes out.:troll:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I hate when people say this is fake. Why would Nintendo waste their time taking down fake videos?
To prevent people from getting confused. Think about it from their perspective under the notion the videos are fake; would you want fake footage of your unreleased game that looks extremely believable - and potentially disappointing - to remain uploaded, allowing everyone to see and believe it?

I'm not saying I think the videos are fake, but NoA removing them proves absolutely nothing. The videos themselves are proof enough, so people don't need to get all bothered by their removal.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
You're a genius mate.

Can you imagine if Sakurai and Kojima planned all this? What with Kojima doing the whole Phantom Pain thing.
Would you REALLY put it past these two trolls?
The troll turns out to be Smash Brothers 4 is actually Metal Gear Solid 5, and super smash bros 4 is actually the Phantom Pain

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
All I'm saying when I say that is that using the videos being taken down as evidence for the leak being real, when the videos already prove the leak to be real, is just silly.
The reason I used the videos being taken down as evidence instead of the video's themselves was because I was replying to @SmashChu who said the videos look fake. So instead of trying to prove that the video is real to him, I simply said that the videos were being removed for a reason.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Soooooo... we done talking about Ice Climbers? Alright, I'll just be on my way then.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

It uses the same jumping physics as the arcade Mario Bros, so i get it has some flaws. The hit detection is just fine in my opinion. All about jumping up a mountain? Super Mario Bros is all about pulling down flagpoles and Legend of Zelda is all about finding triforce pieces. The game has aged, i get it. But so has most of the other NES games, and calling it a very bad NES game sounds very opinionated.
Jumping up mountains is the games main gameplay aspect. You know what I meant, but yeah, it's not that bad of a game, but it's still not that good.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The reason I used the videos being taken down as evidence instead of the video's themselves was because I was replying to @SmashChu who said the videos look fake. So instead of trying to prove that the video is real to him, I simply said that the videos were being removed for a reason.
Ah. Fair enough, bud. I guess it was all just a misunderstanding, then.

Friends?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
To prevent people from getting confused. Think about it from their perspective under the notion the videos are fake; would you want fake footage of your unreleased game that looks extremely believable - and potentially disappointing - to remain uploaded, allowing everyone to see and believe it?

I'm not saying I think the videos are fake, but NoA removing them proves absolutely nothing. The videos themselves are proof enough, so people don't need to get all bothered by their removal.
The fact that Sakurai despises leaks strengthens the speculation that NoA took them down because they are real.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

Well if the videos were fake, they could be used as marketing. The extremely believable - and potentially disappointing videos could be left online to bring everyone's expectations down. Then BAM! At some point prove the leak fake and blow everyone away with how much better the real game is.

I'm joking

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
and as the moment he takes off the mask he says: Why didn't I put Snake in the first two smash bros.? I mean I did beg myself for him to be in melee!
jigglypuff turns out to be snake meaning he's confirmed for Smash 4

Edit: but he gets removed so jigglypuff's fans don't get disappointed

it all makes sense now

MIND GAMES

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Now that you bring it up her pose in that particular instance looks like her image from the official site
Consider this:
Maybe Lucina hasn't been programmed to have a victory stance yet.
Also, there's a possibility that this game will have each person's 3DS show-off their own character's victory stance alone.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef I know it's certainly possible for someone to flag a video and pretend to be a company, but is it seriously that easy to take down all of those videos and their mirrors and the shulk victory audio ripped from the leak? Our videos on TSC have been flagged (for illegitimate reasons, ofc) but have not been taken down because of it.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef I know it's certainly possible for someone to flag a video and pretend to be a company, but is it seriously that easy to take down all of those videos and their mirrors and the shulk victory audio ripped from the leak? Our videos on TSC have been flagged (for illegitimate reasons, ofc) but have not been taken down because of it.
Not sure. All I know is that it's stupid easy to get stuff taken down on Youtube.

Having said that, the real question is, is that stuff being taken down anywhere still? I was able to find the leak videos AND pictures on Youtube within seconds earlier today. I'd say if Nintendo was making a genuine effort to damage control they'd keep going, but things have been pretty quiet. Nintendo probably did a bunch of video marking and then called it a day, and then the trolls took up the rear for a while.

I haven't heard anything of anything getting deleted since last night.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

I gotta be honest, that all-star icon doesn't look locked at all. I know it's highlighted, but the icon had at least could've been greyed out. If that small lock on the bottom wasn't there and the roster wasn't messed up, half of smashboards would've been crying right now.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

I gotta be honest, that all-stars icon doesn't look locked at all. I know it's highlighted, but the icon had at least could've been greyed out. If that small lock on the bottom wasn't there and the roster wasn't messed up, half of smashboards would've been crying right now.
I don't think it would make any sense to have a lock there at all if the mode was already unlocked. Also Sonic looks so out of place in the All-Star logo on the top screen. He is still in his default pose while Mario, Link, Mega Man and Pac-Man all have different yet matching poses.

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice

I gotta be honest, that all-star icon doesn't look locked at all. I know it's highlighted, but the icon had at least could've been greyed out. If that small lock on the bottom wasn't there and the roster wasn't messed up, half of smashboards would've been crying right now.

Why is Link alongsie with Mario , Sonic , Megaman and Pacman if they're all suposed to represent a different company?

SNAKE CONFIRMED DLC

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I don't think it would make any sense to have a lock there at all if the mode was already unlocked. Also Sonic looks so out of place in the All-Star logo on the top screen. He is still in his default pose while Mario, Link, Mega Man and Pac-Man all have different yet matching poses.
This is the part where i insert the wii u boxart with default wii fit trainer artwork. Perhaps this is going to be a trend in the game?
Not sure. All I know is that it's stupid easy to get stuff taken down on Youtube.
I checked youtube and did see some video, just not the raw footage again.
I need to check how video leaks similar to this one have been handled before, this may be important in the future.

Edit: @ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman I doubt it, that would mess with high scores and the time factor.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That does bring a valid point if we get DLC characters will All Star mode just not include them or will they be added to the tail end of All-Star Mode or will they somehow be adding into their series debut?

D

Deleted member

Looks like the 3DS game lacks an Adventure mode of sorts, maybe that'd be featured on the Wii U game instead.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
This is the part where i insert the wii u boxart with default wii fit trainer artwork. Perhaps this is going to be a trend in the game?
Mains for every character that gets their default artwork reused should band together and start a riot. So far we have Wii Fit Trainer and Sonic mains. Any other characters?

Looks like the 3DS game lacks an Adventure mode of sorts, maybe that'd be featured on the Wii U game instead.
Yep. That's what a lot of people have been assuming for a long time now.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

....I can attest to this fact.
;~; Mewtwo.....

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Like someone stated before, the lock on the all-star mode could simply refer to the fact that it's an unlockable mode.
The lock looks weird anyways, with the fact that it's slanted and all. Who knows?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe the leak pictures about 3ds menus but I just can't accept the video of Bowser Jr. in smash bros, it just doesn't make sense, hope that Nintendo can do something with this video and make surprises for us

Raijinken

Smash Master
Consider this:
Maybe Lucina hasn't been programmed to have a victory stance yet.
Also, there's a possibility that this game will have each person's 3DS show-off their own character's victory stance alone.
Going along with this, everyone in the E3/SDCC version only had one victory pose.

While I've since started tipping back towards "There is a little bit of room for this to be fake", I'm still convinced it's fairly accurate, and am eagerly awaiting the next newcomer video.

Soul.

It doesn't, yeah. All the other Solo modes are in there, though. That's something, I suppose.
Anyway, with the Spectator PotD showing Omega form stages, does that mean the Final Destination versions of the stages can be used in the normal Vs. Mode too or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom