• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
No the thing was to include the Ice Climbers in the Wii U one regardless of whether the 3DS version could handle it or not. If a character was planned to be in the roster but didn't work in one version, couldn't they just make on small exception and keep them in the Wii U one? That was the point.
Yeah, but still. That'd still be unfair to those not interested in the WiiU version. Sure it might sell the WiiU more, but it'd still be unfair. If this happens, they should at least give the 3DS version an exclusive character, like Snake.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Like how they removed the main thing that made Sheik and Zelda unique? I must be the only one looking forward to not having to play keep away from 2 grab happy kids in Smash 4.
This is exactly why making the ICs a pair of individual characters would not be a crime. I don't see people complaining Charizard is killing the game for not being able to swap with Ivy and Squirt. Because most people realized that the change is for the better.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but still. That'd still be unfair to those not interested in the WiiU version. Sure it might sell the WiiU more, but it'd still be unfair. If this happens, they should at least give the 3DS version an exclusive character, like Snake.
3DS gets Wolf, Wii U gets Ice Climbers

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
So, what is our view on there being more characters at this point? It seems like there's a lot more doubt now, is there any particular reason why, or simply because we haven't seen picture evidence yet?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Maybe the supposed 'cut' characters are just being divided between versions. Say, Wii U gets Ice Climbers and Snake, 3DS gets Wolf and Lucas, and there would be DLC later for the opposite systems, providing they can fix the Ice Climbers issue.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Soooo.... Does this mean @ SmashChu SmashChu is wrong? :p
Maybe not.

It looks like everyone is taking blurry images at face value. Looking though the images, there is actually a lot wrong and, yes, there are things that are wrong based of the newest pic of the day. It's going to take some time to get it all down. Could it be real. Perhaps. But I'll make my argument first.

As a reminder, Gamtasu said Mii Fighter before it was announced (the actual name of the character). And Gamatsu was considered to be real........until it wasn't.

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I'm really hoping for FREE DLC in this game (so they can keep the hype going for the Wii U version) ... just imagine all the posibilities ...
Also I expect constant balance changes ...

a man can dream

if none of this happens i'm going to have to find a huge rock to hide under

Bandai Namco gave Tekken Tag 2 Tournament a bunch of Free DLC Characters after release.

I remember after an update I had for that game and Multiple new characters showed up for me.
With Bandai Namco working on this game, and the fact that Nintendo is acknowledging DLC content now, I think that's very possible.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I can see it being frustrating for the people only buying the 3DS version. That's probably why Sakurai wanted to keep the rosters the same in the first place.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I swear I read that thing about Ice Climbers a few days ago from some random Gamefaqs person with no connections.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Except this is a human being and makes no sense. Junior is a ridiculous character already, him spawning Clown Cars fits his moveset. Mario pulls plenty of crap from hammerspace in his home series too, such as hammers and the like. Splitting up the Ice Climbers not only turns them into a generic character that offers nothing (they had to be simple so the 2 in 1 thing wasn't over complicated) but if you were to have Popo spawn Nana for specials only to say, shoot a second ice block, it would just spit in the face of people who used them to begin with. This isn't just changing up a character's special, or modifying the physics of one of their attacks, this would outright DESTROY how the character was intended to function in the first place. And what would this mean for future installments of Smash? Would the team revert the Ice Climbers back to their Melee/Brawl style if the hardware was able to handle it? Or would you keep the bizarre looking "but hey they're at least still in the game" mentality Smash 4 version.

I may not like cuts, but cutting the Ice Climbers is a far better move than simplifying them or cutting it down to one climber just so that there is still an Ice Climber in the 3DS version.
Toad. He's a living being trapped in Hammerspace.

If it's a generic character you're worried about, why not change up Popo's standard attacks to make him more interesting?
They changed Mario's down special after two games.
They made Bowser's movement and attacks different after two games.
They separated Shiek and Zelda after two games.
They made Charizard his own character and adjusted his moveset to compensate.
I mean it's not like they're not willing to change things up.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Maybe not.
It looks like everyone is taking blurry images at face value. Looking though the images, there is actually a lot wrong and, yes, there are things that are wrong based of the newest pic of the day. It's going to take some time to get it all down. Could it be real. Perhaps. But I'll make my argument first.
What about the videos? they were taken down by NoA itself.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Bandai Namco gave Tekken Tag 2 Tournament a bunch of Free DLC Characters after release.

I remember after an update I had for that game and Multiple new characters showed up for me.
With Bandai Namco working on this game, and the fact that Nintendo is acknowledging DLC content now, I think that's very possible.
I think they will charge for dlc because

A. They are charging for other games like mario kart 8, hyrule warriors, pikmin 3
B. Gematsu(if it's still to be believed), said that the leaker felt that nintendo was being greedy.

I would love it if it was free though.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'll talk a bit about them, but they are looking fake too.

Notice how Lucina never moves.........
It's noticeable oddity that are explained by one of two things:
#1 - It's an old build, so some animations are incomplete
#2 - It's not who the Player is using, meaning that only Shulk is focused in on on that 3DS while presumably on another 3DS Lucina is focused in on, and gets an animation there while Shulk doesn't.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Has anyone considered ICs were cut for being severely mechanically flawed on top of being from a kinda obscure and very bad NES game and not for technical limitations?
Obscure yet it was featured in NES Remix?
Also, the only mention of Ice Climbers in this game was from Sakurai saying they might have trouble with the 3DS limitations. So yeah, even if it's for another reason, that's all we have to go off of.

Mewter

Smash Master
Maybe not.

As a reminder, Gamtasu said Mii Fighter before it was announced (the actual name of the character). And Gamatsu was considered to be real........until it wasn't.
Put it this way: Gematsu had around 8 units of information. It wasn't that coplex.
Each confirmation adds a unit. They're just single names.

Now consider the current leaks. Each and every detail inside a picture is a unit. Every symbol, line, even the kerning of the letters. That's much more information.
Something that is 6 for 8 isn't nearly as reliable or believable as something that is 6100 for 6105. The current leak is far too needlessly complex (and right) to have been faked by someone. There's even more leaked pictures than the home page on this site shows. It is very hard to believe someone would go to the trouble of making 10 different trophies, many different in-game menus and tons of symbols (consistent with newly revealed official content) just for a fake leak.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord

Isn't she? It might just be on an idle animation, we can't recognize it at first because of the moving camera, and it's a well known fact that characters freeze their pose just as their name comes up, so she wouldn't be moving there.

And if she isn't (and I don't think she is) does she really need to move when the camera doesn't focus on her? Because I'd argue that it's actually better for the characters on the sides to stay still, why have them celebrate if you're not showing them?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
The only answer to the IC dilemma is time. We wait for another leak or another
Yeah, that is strange...
Obviously the winner is the only one who does the victory pose and the teammates just pose in an idle stance.

Not to mention the 3ds version has simplified victory poses. Lil Mac's in the 3ds doesn't have him sparring with Doc Louis. Doc just stands in the background and Mac punches the air and then holds his fist up. The Wii U one has him and Doc sparring and then Doc rolls out of the way and cheers for Mac.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Like I said before, I read that a few days ago on Gamefaqs. So I question its' validity.
Unless we can verify this thing's connection to the actual leaks, I'm gonna say it's just bandwagoning and intentionally-disappointing bull****. Besides, if it showed up after the images yesterday, it's easy to say "Oh, Dark Pit = originuuuu" Or just easy to guess.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure this is crap, and besides, this seems like alot of very specific information (which hardly ever pans out) from an extremely sketchy source. I'm pretty sure the actual leakers literally only know about stuff in the ESRB videos.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Pages ago, I've read that Nana has more polygons than Luma. Can someone explain this to me?
OH BTW PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS, IT'S ABOUT THE LEAK: http://i.imgur.com/MhboFlu.jpg
"In return for going solo, the 'Ice Climber' has been buffed heavily, including a new Up B recovering using the condor."
The Condor! Now why didn't I think of that?
I don't trust it, but it makes a good explanation for Ice Climbers. #graspingstraws

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Pages ago, I've read that Nana has more polygons than Luma. Can someone explain this to me?
OH BTW PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS, IT'S ABOUT THE LEAK:

That's just text. Pics/videos or not true.
This may make me sound denial, but even when he said Ridley was playable I didn't believe it because he had no pics/videos.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Patience is all im going on now. Theres just too many sources with no connections. A few more days is all that remains, its going be long and drawn out after this leak, but we will make it. The truth will be revealed soon!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Also, why would the results screen focus on Shulk if he was the CPU in that battle and Lucina was player controlled?

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Obscure yet it was featured in NES Remix?
Also, the only mention of Ice Climbers in this game was from Sakurai saying they might have trouble with the 3DS limitations. So yeah, even if it's for another reason, that's all we have to go off of.
:( Yea, I heard about that. It's really sad they won't be in SSB4. I almost wish that there was 1 character exclusive to the 3DS, and Ice Climbers to be exclusive to the Wii U. Or, they would be DLC - who knows at this point.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Oh I thought it was something new since I've never seen that one before but anyhoos, my intention was to ask about Nana again so can someone explain the Nana having less polygons might be causing a disadvantage on her? Or maybe I misread but IDK, please explain guys ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom