• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure it can. 3DS may not be a PS4 or Xbone, but I'm sure it can do ice Climbers. Maybe lower FPS like they do with assist trophies. Just throwing out ideas. Not some super techie
Yeah, we were saying a couple days ago that nana could probably go down to 30 fps, but we just have to wait and see what happens now.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it can. 3DS may not be a PS4 or Xbone, but I'm sure it can do ice Climbers. Maybe lower FPS like they do with assist trophies. Just throwing out ideas. Not some super techie
Lower FPS is probably what they wanna avoid. That would prove very terribly if they decide to have 3DS tournaments. It's an incredible disadvantage for the Ice Climbers.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
It's not the complexity, but if the 3ds can handle 4 ice climbers(so 8 characters) at one time
Isn't it odd that the 3ds couldn't handle it but the gamecube could? Maybe I'm overestimating the 3ds limitations? This is of course assuming the Ice Climbers were dropped for this very reason.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
There's a lot of confusion. So here's what you do:

1.) Understand that Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr. and Shulk are playable.
2.) Then, understand that everything else is fake or has no evidence in support of it.

No more confusion! It's my Chunky Two Step System for Roster Confusion Nullification!
1. Agreed.
2. So Ninka just happened to guess every single character that was going to get leaked?
I know you're joking, but it's definitely not as black-and-white as you're making it out to be.
Go look up Relax Alax's video on the story of the leak if you do believe what you said.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we all know what Duck Hunt's final smash will be. And on Wii U, it should require the Wii Remote. And if you don't hit anything, the Dog laughs at you. Then again, every Taunt should be him laughing at you.

D

Deleted member

Isn't odd that the 3ds couldn't handle it but the gamecube could? Maybe I'm overestimating the 3ds limitations? This is of course assuming the Ice Climbers were dropped for this very reason.
Would the IC be ram or cpu intensive?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The issues with IC's probably isn't simple to explain. I mean, Sakurai's comments on IC's having their problems on the 3DS shows there was an issue, but that could have been solved months ago. The problem could have only been apparent during that interview, and that's what he decided to talk about. He's not going to update us and tell us "oh ya, i solved the issues with IC's," especially because they are an unannounced veteran.

IC's could have been removed for other reasons. Maybe he didn't like the 0 - death combos. Sakurai removed transformation movesets, like Shiek and ZSS, with very little explanation outside of "Now you can focus on one moveset." Pretty sure those elements were removed because of atrocious lag time between forms, which will only get worse as the games become more complex, but hey, thats just my opinion on it.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I still believe it would've been better if Sheik's moveset was put on Impa and Sheik be dropped.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly sure. I don't have know too much about the gaming programming. But if it is true, I just find it shocking how a handheld system of this gen could support Ice Climbers. I'm probably not getting something here and it's actually pretty complicated.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It so fake, but were does that Ridley model come from.
I'm probably stupid late to the party here, but the Ridley model seems to come from the X version from Fusion. Note the curve on the front of the beak.

1. Agreed.
2. So Ninka just happened to guess every single character that was going to get leaked?
I know you're joking, but it's definitely not as black-and-white as you're making it out to be.
Go look up Relax Alax's video on the story of the leak if you do believe what you said.
It's as black-and-white as I'm making it out to be. Until there's conclusive evidence there's more to the roster - like, say, screenshots and video of the characters - then any claims are as good as the millions of text leaks before it.

That is to say, those claims hold absolutely no weight because, again, they have no evidence to back them up.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would think RAM is the issue, memory can always be expanded with cards. besides, apparently 8GB is more than enough space for everything (I think Pokemon X/Y was only around 2 GB)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think we all know what Duck Hunt's final smash will be. And on Wii U, it should require the Wii Remote. And if you don't hit anything, the Dog laughs at you. Then again, every Taunt should be him laughing at you.
What many want to do to the dog.

Oh, we'll hit something all right.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt would've gotten many sequels on consoles if we could've shot that smug ****.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
The issues with IC's probably isn't simple to explain. I mean, Sakurai's comments on IC's having their problems on the 3DS shows there was an issue, but that could have been solved months ago. The problem could have only been apparent during that interview, and that's what he decided to talk about. He's not going to update us and tell us "oh ya, i solved the issues with IC's," especially because they are an unannounced veteran.

IC's could have been removed for other reasons. Maybe he didn't like the 0 - death combos. Sakurai removed transformation movesets, like Shiek and ZSS, with very little explanation outside of "Now you can focus on one moveset." Pretty sure those elements were removed because of atrocious lag time between forms, which will only get worse as the games become more complex, but hey, thats just my opinion on it.
I thought the reason Sakurai included Ice Climbers in the first place was because they were a childhood favorite of his. I know that's a flawed logic to assume he'd keep them in just because of that, but it is might strange having them in the past 2 games and then suddenly taking them out.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The ice climbers, probably got cut for legging or crashing the game, because every game system can only take so much s*** at once. so maybe having 8 characters caused lag, but that begs the question, will the multi man smash limit the characters on one screen to 4?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Isn't it odd that the 3ds couldn't handle it but the gamecube could? Maybe I'm overestimating the 3ds limitations? This is of course assuming the Ice Climbers were dropped for this very reason.
Maybe Nana was moving in 30 fps instead of 60 fps per second when we play online with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS... maybe there's a lag if there are eight Ice Climbers...?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I thought the reason Sakurai included Ice Climbers in the first place was because they were a childhood favorite of his. I know that's a flawed logic to assume he'd keep them in just because of that, but it is might strange having them in the past 2 games and then suddenly taking them out.
Not too sure why they were included in the first place. They were the first retro character(s) in Smash. and I agree, it is strange to just abandon the idea after two games, but i don't know if the "issues" were really apparent until now. Hell, they might work fine on the Wii U, but we just dont know.

Again, we probably will never know what these issues are, all we know is it is related to the 3DS version of the game. Thats why I hope they are willing to throw them in the Wii U version because there has been plenty of work on them thus far.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I remember someone earlier saying that Sakurai shouldn't have married the concept of having the rosters be the same in both versions. It's rather silly to have both versions lack a character because one version wasn't working well. The Wii U version should have all the characters from the 3DS version plus more. I don't think it's much of a debate to say the Wii U version is the better of the two. It deserves the best and shouldn't be held back in any way.

I am however against the idea of having the 3DS version containing characters that the Wii U one doesn't have. I think Smash Bros will always be better suited for consoles anyway so the console version should be the supreme version in every way.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Not too sure why they were included in the first place.
well Sakurai wanted an NES character to represent in Melee:
Exitebiker: Sakurai didn't know how to make him jump
Bubbles: nobody cared for her
Balloon Fighter: didn't have variety other than stomping
an so Ice Climbers were picked because of their uniqueness of having Semi-Multiplayer in their game, giving the idea of playing as both at the same time.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I remember someone earlier saying that Sakurai shouldn't have married the concept of having the rosters be the same in both versions. It's rather silly to have both versions lack a character because one version wasn't working well. The Wii U version should have all the characters from the 3DS version plus more. I don't think it's much of a debate to say the Wii U version is the better of the two. It deserves the best and shouldn't be held back in any way.

I am however against the idea of having the 3DS version containing characters that the Wii U one doesn't have. I think Smash Bros will always be better suited for consoles anyway so the console version should be the supreme version in every way.
Agreed. Smash has always brought people to the couch together to play. The Wii U version should and will be the superior version, and history supports the notion. Adding in characters to the Wii U version gives more incentive to get the Wii U version.

I wouldn't be surprised if, when the Wii U version comes out, there are more characters, which you can then get on the 3DS version for a fee, or for free if you get a copy of the Wii U version.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

He may change his mind. He's done so many times before. Probably for the sake of surprising us. He said he hated the idea of costumes in super smash bros. Yet here we are!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/

"Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique."

Anything is possible. I think if we show some support/interest they'd gladly add some DLC or extra characters in the Wii U version at least. If they know its guaranteed profit and they know the fans want it badly enough they coooouldn't say know.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I'm probably stupid late to the party here, but the Ridley model seems to come from the X version from Fusion. Note the curve on the front of the beak.

It's as black-and-white as I'm making it out to be. Until there's conclusive evidence there's more to the roster - like, say, screenshots and video of the characters - then any claims are as good as the millions of text leaks before it.

That is to say, those claims hold absolutely no weight because, again, they have no evidence to back them up.
I see that, but It is a 3D render. Is there a source? Is this a fan-made image or a from a game.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Smash has always brought people to the couch together to play. The Wii U version should and will be the superior version, and history supports the notion. Adding in characters to the Wii U version gives more incentive to get the Wii U version.

I wouldn't be surprised if, when the Wii U version comes out, there are more characters, which you can then get on the 3DS version for a fee, or for free if you get a copy of the Wii U version.
I hope so. Surely Sakurai sees that that the 3DS limitations are hurting the Wii U versions when he's trying to make these 2 games similar. I'll be pretty pleased if Ice Climbers turn out to be part of the Wii U's starting roster like they should be.

He may change his mind. He's done so many times before. Probably for the sake of surprising us. He said he hated the idea of costumes in super smash bros. Yet here we are!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/

"Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique."

Anything is possible. I think if we show some support/interest they'd gladly add some DLC or extra characters in the Wii U version at least. If they know its guaranteed profit and they know the fans want it badly enough they coooouldn't say know.
That would be nice. I really hope he changes his mind.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I would think RAM is the issue, memory can always be expanded with cards. besides, apparently 8GB is more than enough space for everything (I think Pokemon X/Y was only around 2 GB)
I think 3ds has more RAM than the wii.
Wii has: 88 MB of RAM
3ds has: 128MB of RAM

That's what I saw after looking it up, but 3ds has enough cartridge space to hold stuff, so that won't be a problem.
I'll look up more into both system's specs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Anything is possible. I think if we show some support they'd gladly add some DLC or extra characters in the Wii U version at least.
Maybe he meant that characters who had different outfits can have them such as Samus's Zero Suit and civilian wear, but adding outfits that change Samus to say, Lara Croft, wouldn't be right since it'd take away from Lara's uniqueness. This is probably why he made Lucina a separate character instead of an alt costume of Marth. And Mario wearing a doctor's outfit, but still doing the same thing wouldn't be "right" either even if by wearing the outfit, he'd have different visual effects.

In contrast a male and female Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are pretty much the same. They represent a franchise regardless of their gender.

But... If the rumors are true, then the Koopalings being Bowser Jr.'s costumes would go against this. Palette swaps are probably the real deal where Bowser Jr. takes on his friends' coloring.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

This was just posted on 4chan, take it how you like it. The only thing is, this looks like the Wii U version and as far as I know, the Wii U version is still getting bug tested, this guy could be a bug tester, which I doubt, though.
This was on the front page of reddit... http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2enlua/as_asked_more_realistic_final_roster_fan_made/

The OP of that thread said he made it himself as a "roster prediction" essentially in the title.

Maybe he meant that characters who had different outfits can have them such as Samus's Zero Suit and civilian wear, but adding outfits that change Samus to say, Lara Croft, wouldn't be right since it'd take away from Lara's uniqueness. This is probably why he made Lucina a separate character instead of an alt costume of Marth. And Mario wearing a doctor's outfit, but still doing the same thing wouldn't be "right" either even if by wearing the outfit, he'd have different visual effects.

In contrast a male and female Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are pretty much the same. They represent a franchise regardless of their gender.

But... If the rumors are true, then the Koopalings being Bowser Jr.'s costumes would go against this. Palette swaps are probably the real deal where Bowser Jr. takes on his friends' coloring.
I know it's wishful thinking because I usually link that article to explain exactly what you just said about character skins turning them into totally different characters. But he's said some other things and gone back on them before.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I see that, but It is a 3D render. Is there a source? Is this a fan-made image or a from a game.
Not sure if there's a 3D render or a source for the Ridley icon in the picture you linked, but I'm calling it fake anyway since it took Dixie's picture from her Tropical Freeze art. I'm fairly certain the Ridley picture I put up there is official art but, honestly, I can't even tell.

Here's what you see in-game:

EDIT: Oops. Seems the roster was fan-made. I guess I'm bad at reading.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
You guys keep forgetting that Nana's model is much more complex than Luma's. And that the Chorus Men are 2D characters, Sakurai could make an army of them with no problems.
I think 3ds has more RAM than the wii.
Wii has: 88 MB of RAM
3ds has: 128MB of RAM

That's what I saw after looking it up, but 3ds has enough cartridge space to hold stuff, so that won't be a problem.
I'll look up more into both system's specs.
Yeah, but what about the processing power of the Nintendo 3DS?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
This was on the front page of reddit...

The OP of that thread said he made it himself as a "roster prediction" essentially in the title.
It was posted on 4chan too, I ignored it because I knew it was fake. The person who posted it on 4chan claimed it as his own.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Either the 4chan leaker is lying about the additional characters, the MFin leaker is lying, or both are. The reason is that both claim different characters: the 4chan leak has chorus men, the MFin leaker one doesn't.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
At this point there is not a single credible leak that mentions any characters other than the ones shown in the leaked CSS. We can still hope as we're assuming we don't know the full roster, but the safe thing to do it to assume the Dixie, Ridley, etc. "leaks" are nothing more than people messing with us.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
You know the Ice climbers can also relate to Pokemon X and Y. Doing triple battles lag so hard that 3D is disabled! So maybe the same goes here, after all the game runs 60 frames per second on 3D. something Pokemon X and Y couldn't do. And with Ice Climbers in the way, they had to be cut, because in order to prevent lag, 3D had to be disabled making Ice Climbers a problem.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I know it's wishful thinking because I usually link that article to explain exactly what you just said about character skins turning them into totally different characters. But he's said some other things and gone back on them before.
It's a rationale. There's reasons why Sakurai would change his mindset. Either the team felt like it would be a nice easter egg: Zero Suit Samus's costumes from past Metroid games or Little Mac's wire frame and pink training outfit, or they felt that an alt costume would waste a decent character like Lucina who in my opinion, deserved her own move set or at the very least, her own battle stance from Awakening. You can't just change and respond with a "I dunno". There's always a reason.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Honestly, putting Ice Climbers on the WiiU version only probably won't happen. Sakurai has stated twice, and I think the Treehouse staff has, that Sakurai wants the roster to be the same on both versions. Yes, he can go back on his word, but this close to development? Plus, if the rosters are different, you might as well call smash WiiU smash 5. :p
And if that does happen, Sakurai would have to give the 3DS version an exclusive character to make things fair.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
You guys keep forgetting that Nana's model is much more complex than Luma's. And that the Chorus Men are 2D characters, Sakurai could make an army of them with no problems.

Yeah, but what about the processing power of the Nintendo 3DS?
Here is wii's hardware specs:
  • CPU speed: 729 MHz
  • CPU cores: 1
  • GPU speed: 243 MHz
  • System RAM: 88 MB
  • USB2.0: (2 ports)
3ds specs are hard to find,but I found the best I could:
  • CPU speed: 268mhz
  • Dual-Core ARM11
  • GPU speed: 133MHz
  • System RAM: 128 MB
Compare that to gamecube specs:

• CPU speed485 MHz
  • CPU cores1
  • GPU speed162 MHz
  • System RAM43 MB
It's probably a CPU problem with Ice Climbers, If only I could find more info on 3ds specs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom