• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
LOL suddenly everybody is creating smashboards accounts for these leak, smash is madness!

D

Deleted member

But why would Sakurai say they were "nearing the bottom" if there were still 7 new characters to go? I mean unless they're combined.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
LOL suddenly everybody is creating smashboards accounts for these leak, smash is madness!
I've considered it for a while honestly, the chance to be snarky is what set me over though.

Also, just as a side note, there likely wasn't a trailer reveal tonight because PAX is this weekend and Nintendo apparently has some things to announce there. So, they're probably holding off on the Earthbound 20th anniversary by 3 days (if they're actually gonna confirm Ness).

Edit:
But why would Sakurai say they were "nearing the bottom" if there were still 7 new characters to go? I mean unless they're combined.
Because not all the newcomers are gonna get trailers. Some won't be revealed until either Japanese release day or a few days later and won't be getting special trailers.

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
He was talking about the trailers, not the newcomers. In Brawl, they were a lot of newcomers not announced before the releasing of the game.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
He said he was nearing the end of the character videos rather than the characters themselves.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Two things.

1. The leaks are not mine. I'm simply relaying them. I myself think they're legit, not saying that they are for sure one way or another. I'm just posting what the guy's saying. Just thought you might find it interesting.

2. Just because I'm only posting now doesn't mean I'm some random new guy here to join in on any leak hype. I've been a member here since the 7th, and I've been keeping updated daily with each thread that has been of interest to me. I'm just usually not one to post on message boards.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I've considered it for a while honestly, the chance to be snarky is what set me over though.

Also, just as a side note, there likely wasn't a trailer reveal tonight because PAX is this weekend and Nintendo apparently has some things to announce there. So, they're probably holding off on the Earthbound 20th anniversary by 3 days (if they're actually gonna confirm Ness).
I heard about Smash being at PAX but where did you hear about announcements?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The leak treads between piggyback, too good to be true and somewhat believable. Just imagine the hype if even one of the things he said is confirmed true. :p

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Two things.

1. The leaks are not mine. I'm simply relaying them. I myself think they're legit, not saying that they are for sure one way or another. I'm just posting what the guy's saying. Just thought you might find it interesting.

2. Just because I'm only posting now doesn't mean I'm some random new guy here to join in on any leak hype. I've been a member here since the 7th, and I've been keeping updated daily with each thread that has been of interest to me. I'm just usually not one to post on message boards.
I'm just checking here, he genuinely said Falco right when he was referring to Mewtwo? Because I hope you realise that makes no sense?

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
I'm just checking here, he genuinely said Falco right when he was referring to Mewtwo? Because I hope you realise that makes no sense?
Somebody asked him how both Falco and Mewtwo play. He replied by saying that they both play exactly the same as they have in the previous games they appeared in, as in Falco plays the same as he did in Brawl, and Mewtwo plays the same as he did in Melee.

I have no idea how that's hard for people to understand. Even if I phrased it a bit strangely, it's really not rocket science.

D

Deleted member

It's perhaps poorly worded but it's clear they mean Falco and Mewtwo play the 'exact same' as their Melee/Brawl counterparts. In what universe would he mean to say that in SSB4 Falco and Mewtwo play similarly?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Ah fair enough, that makes more sense :p

@ Smashfan08 Smashfan08 : You have to realise that we didn't know the context of the question, so it really did look like you were saying Falco and Mewtwo play exactly the same :p

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I heard about Smash being at PAX but where did you hear about announcements?
That's admittedly hearsay, but I imagine at the very least we're getting the same deal we got at San Diego Comic-Con since it's a similar setup according to Nintendo's site (I can't post a link yet, but you should be able to find it on a google search). We didn't get a trailer there, but the timing is right for this one and there should be SOME media coverage.

...But yeah. While it's possible they'll do a big announcement right BEFORE PAX, at PAX itself seems like the best option for them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Despite the fact that I'm not as hyper obsessed with checking for news/updates/leaks for SSB4 as I was for Brawl, the wait for this game seems much longer. Can this thing come out already? Jeez.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

- Here's how you unlock the other characters shown in the leak.
Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Snake is cut, but he and Gray Fox do have trophies

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

- Isaac is once again an AT, the same as he was before.

- Details on Duck Hunt's gameplay
The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to my knowledge.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

- No info on reveal dates, not my department."
I guess I'll be playing classic mode with Bowser on Weenie Hut Jr. difficulty.

But seriously, that Dixie Kong part sucks, assuming it's true. She's a clone? Lots of wasted potential right there. I would much rather take K. Rool if that were the case.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I stopped reading when I saw Isabelle. Also, I'm not buying text leaks. I need at least pictures to back it up at this point.

There are some cool things there, but I'm not buying it. I like the idea of ATs being promoted, but just not Isabelle. Ghirahim, Dillon, Takamaru...? Those would be great.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
I like that people are immediately dismissing it just because they don't like the possibility of Isabelle being playable.

You know, because Dark Pit and Lucina were in SUCH high demand. I know they weren't Assist Trophies, but that's not the point. The point is, dismissing ANY leak at this point just because it doesn't have something you like is stupid. Next to nobody wanted Dark Pit to be a separate character, and it didn't even seem likely as he was teased in the Palutena trailer. But he's playable all the same.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I think people just dismiss it because it's a text leak trying to gain attention by following up on the wave of a gigantic leak and Isabelle in Mario Kart, and has really no convincing attributes, and there's been a million leaks like that that have proven to mean absolutely nothing.

In other words, waste of time and most likely to be someone who wants attention. And even if it is right, the text by itself means nothing and it's foolish to think it's more than just trolling with the situation as it is right now.

Last edited:

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
I like that people are immediately dismissing it just because they don't like the possibility of Isabelle being playable.

You know, because Dark Pit and Lucina were in SUCH high demand. I know they weren't Assist Trophies, but that's not the point. The point is, dismissing ANY leak at this point just because it doesn't have something you like is stupid. Next to nobody wanted Dark Pit to be a separate character, and it didn't even seem likely as he was teased in the Palutena trailer. But he's playable all the same.
You sound a little upset, when that's not at all necessary, try calming down.. I treat any leak such as this - if it's true, cool. If it's not, cool.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
If this is true and i am not saying it is but when you get a copy of this game test out these unlocking methods to see if the leaker is correct..i remain skeptical for now but it's not that unrealistic

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman

People are dismissing it because there's been hundreds of leaks and even the ones with image proof have made people skeptical. The one with the video back-up was considered heavily fake until just yesterday. There's also the fact that Isabelle, while a popular animal crossing character, is already an assist trophy, and there's no precedent for an assist trophy being promoted in mid-game. Even if it is possible, which it is, it tends to shadow some doubt on the whole thing.

Furthermore, it's actually pretty odd for a leaker to have incredibly specific info like unlock conditions. So, to an extent, it's also so detailed that it looks suspicious. But yeah. People will believe it, if it's true, when there's some substantial evidence of it being true.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The specifics of this leak, along with the leaker apparently having insight into Sakurai's thought process in areas, doesn't allow me to believe it, no matter how much I'd love to.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
You sound a little upset, when that's not at all necessary, try calming down.. I treat any leak such as this - if it's true, cool. If it's not, cool.
I'm not upset at all though? I'm just saying, dismissing a leak because you don't like certain characters in the roster is a stupid thing to do. Especially considering how many people were certain that the images of the character select screen were false, myself included, until the videos were posted.

I believe the leak. It's the most detailed I myself have seen, which is what makes me inclined the believe it. It may turn out to be true, it may turn out to be false. I'll believe it for now, though. If you don't, cool. I'm not trying to convince anybody. I'm simply relaying the info and saying why it works for me. I apologize if I'm coming off as hostile, though. Not trying to.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
An already revealed assist trophy would ruin the hype of the being playable. If Isabelle was playable she would be on the cover of the game. She's super recognizable. They wouldn't pass up that opportunity. Villager is the avatar and the best rep but that's to us. Not the general public.

0/10. Piggyback leak. Next!

And Isaac will be playable. You wait and see.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
An already revealed assist trophy would ruin the hype of the being playable. If Isabelle was playable she would be on the cover of the game. She's super recognizable. They wouldn't pass up that opportunity. Villager is the avatar and the best rep but that's to us. Not the general public.

0/10. Piggyback leak. Next!

And Isaac will be playable. You wait and see.
Dark Pit was shown in the Palutena trailer. In my mind, that ruined any hype building up to him being a playable character. Especially since his cameo felt so lame and forced, but here we are.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I believe the leak. It's the most detailed I myself have seen, which is what makes me inclined the believe it.
That's actually a major reason to be suspicious. Genuine leaks are usually vague, because the inherent way game development is handled. 99% of employees end up working on specific segments of a game and don't really get a full picture of the whole thing until it's released. Think of it as the same way that actors don't actually know exactly what a movie is gonna be like until they see it in theaters, because they don't know what editing or cuts are gonna be made and what other adjustments are gonna be done to it.

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
I'm not upset at all though? I'm just saying, dismissing a leak because you don't like certain characters in the roster is a stupid thing to do. Especially considering how many people were certain that the images of the character select screen were false, myself included, until the videos were posted.

I believe the leak. It's the most detailed I myself have seen, which is what makes me inclined the believe it. When he was online. It may turn out to be true, it may turn out to be false. I'll believe it for now, though. If you don't, cool. I'm not trying to convince anybody. I'm simply relaying the info and saying why it works for me. I apologize if I'm coming off as hostile, though. Not trying to.
Ah, ok. Well, I can agree with you on that. As far as the Duckhunt, Bowser Jr., Shulk leak goes, consider me a believer. As far as the information, I'm a little skeptical, but not based on desired/undesired characters. I do like the idea of Dixie,, Also, did anyone notice in the leaked pictures along with video, there was a trophy of Iggy(I belive it was) in the clowncart that baby bowser uses? This could also confirm selecting one Koopaling, if not all as an alt.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ah, ok. Well, I can agree with you on that. As far as the Duckhunt, Bowser Jr., Shulk leak goes, consider me a believer. As far as the information, I'm a little skeptical, but not based on desired/undesired characters. I do like the idea of Dixie,, Also, did anyone notice in the leaked pictures along with video, there was a trophy of Iggy(I belive it was) in the clowncart that baby bowser uses? This could also confirm selecting one Koopaling, if not all as an alt.
It was Larry, not Iggy

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

- Here's how you unlock the other characters shown in the leak.
Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Snake is cut, but he and Gray Fox do have trophies

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

- Isaac is once again an AT, the same as he was before.

- Details on Duck Hunt's gameplay
The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to my knowledge.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

- No info on reveal dates, not my department."
Isabelle playable
Dixie playable
Ridley... sort of playable?
Hades as the final boss

I would be okay with this. It is most likely fake tho :p

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
That text leak is p bad. Why would anyone be both an assist trophy and playable? Plus Shulk's (2nd) and Duck Hunt's unlock criteria kinda contradict each other (you need Shulk to unlock Duck Hunt, but you need Duck Hunt to unlock Shulk?) Plus Ridely and Duck Hunt sound like hell to unlock.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That text leak is p bad. Why would anyone be both an assist trophy and playable? Plus Shulk's (2nd) and Duck Hunt's unlock criteria kinda contradict each other (you need Shulk to unlock Duck Hunt, but you need Duck Hunt to unlock Shulk?) Plus Ridely and Duck Hunt sound like hell to unlock.
And that settles it for me. It's fake. He contradicted himself.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm confused with DHD's up+B... so the duck flies away... and then you have to jump to hang onto the duck? How will that work if the dog is falling in midair? Does the dog enter helpless state after the duck flies away?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
He only lists specific newcomers as being required to unlock Shulk - perhaps only those in the starting roster (or a random selection)? It's almost a contradiction, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were contradictions given he's probably making it all up as he goes, but yeah. :p I'm trying not to get excited because of leaks like this and ultimately I don't believe them at all, but I can't help but think of how great it would be if it were true. :p

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
As a reminder, Gamtasu said Mii Fighter before it was announced (the actual name of the character). And Gamatsu was considered to be real........until it wasn't.
I still think Gematsu is real to be honest. I mean, if the Chorus Men/Kids are in this game, then that means Sal got 10/11 right, with the 11th character being one we know Sakurai considered early in development. It's also pretty obvious that Sal's leaker had early development information too, because Greninja didn't have a name yet, (remember that Pokemon X and Y were being developed alongside Smash Bros. and the name of a Pokemon is one of the last things they come up with,) and Mii Fighter was initially just called "Mii" only to be replaced by the official name in a later post by Sal right before this year's E3.

So no, I don't think Gematsu was wrong at all. And if you think this leak is wrong, then I can only say you're in denial.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Ness never ever met Lucas. They lived in radically different locals and time periods. I'm sorry if that ruins the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom