• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
There was some talk about a "newcomer no one is expecting". That is where Mach Rider sprouted up from.

It is funny how some people think everyone likes and want Mewtwo back.
I don't like, or want Mewtwo back. I prefer Lucario over Mewtwo, BUT I rather have a unique moveset in the roster over a clone like Dr.Mario .

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think we ever got see how Dark Pit plays. Why are you saying Dr. Mario is the only clone with different special moves? Hm?

And Ice Climbers were cut for technical reasons.
Because Dr. Mario has Dr. Tornado instead of FLUDD.

Also that is so unlikely with Ice Climbers if they can add Rosalina, which Luma has advanced AI.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm not being a jerk, people are just grasping for straws. Gematsu was wrong about Chrom, Ninka is probably wrong about Ridley. From this roster, we have a Pokemon, a DK rep, and a character from a new series to see. It's really, REALLY unlikely to see Ridley.
The leak you are quoting is definitely false. The actual leaker told the guy to shut up.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Are we sure that the leakers aren't just withholding Ridley for some reason? After all, this is an ESRB video, wouldn't Ridley be considered for the same reasons that the darker trophies were shown? Imagery and all? Even if he's not a character his trophy should have at least been included in the video.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I honestly think Sakurai is contemplating how to go about revealing characters now that they're leaked....I mean, I feel kind of sorry for the guy. It's almost like he's stuck.
Same. Leaks are nice to have but they don't help Sakurai and they leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth personally.
Who wouldn't feel bad for him? His game has been leaked all over the Internet because somebody couldn't wait... :/
Slightly depressing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Guys there's 600 people viewing the thread, we gotta give them something.
Quick somoene make a fake leak saying K rool is in, Ridley so for sure out, and someone random is the third rep...someone like the duck hunt dog...wait...um..

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, I just want to know one thing:

Who's remaining beside those we saw now?

If it is real, I just heard that apparently, there was one from a new series.

Where this info comes from? I'm so conflicted between tease and this leak.

T

Trick or Treat

Are we sure that the leakers aren't just withholding Ridley for some reason? After all, this is an ESRB video, wouldn't Ridley be considered for the same reasons that the darker trophies were shown? Imagery and all? Even if he's not a character his trophy should have at least been included in the video.
I was thinking this. Ridley definitely fits the whole "dark/demonic" theme that they seem to be showcasing in the ESRB video.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

That's what's got me wondering too. But it would be the same for all unveiled characters too, right?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Ok, I just want to know one thing:

Who's remaining beside those we saw now?

If it is real, I just heard that apparently, there was one from a new series.

Where this info comes from? I'm so conflicted between tease and this leak.
That guy was proven fake, or at least considered not credible, he tried to piggy back on the real leak. So we're back to knowing nothing except there are more characters and the ninka 4 are the leading candidates

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I really hope that Ridely, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo get in.

Also I don't know why Wolf and Lucas would be cut, but Dr Mario would return. Don't go the MK8 route, Saurai.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So, someone broke the code that the original leaker posted, and it linked to this.
****... got real?

On the other hand, pics or didn't happen.

Also if DLC truly is out... no Chorus Kids as playable characters? (aside from the cut characters)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley's look really isn't that big of a thing, if they redesign him similarly to the way they did in Brawl (pupils, animations) then Bowser and Giga Bowser are more frightening. This video seems to show off more vulgar things anyways than scawy ones.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
You're...a bit behind.
You could've just stood silent as i'm living my hype right now, but no, FIND SOMEONES MISTAKE AND PUT THEM RIGHT INTO EVERYONES EYES, because that's how it works here? I just saw it so what? Sorry for having a life and not seeing everything as soon as they come out.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo are in.....then props to Sakurai. Great roster. I would have preferred K.Rool, but at least DKC is getting more love.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
5 more unlockable characters makes much more sense than just 3, given the shape/layout of the 3DS character select screen.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the cover story of this being an ESRB video was actually true.

So then what I don't understand is why the ESRB would receive an incomplete roster, since they need to evaluate the whole thing. And why someone who just saw a bunch of gameplay video know that there are more characters because of All-Star mode? The footage isn't necessarily presented in chronological order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom