• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Sad but true, they have given Mario his electrical properties with the shock cape. so there is that.
I haven't even dug that far in the knowledge of such alternative specials for Mario in this game. That only further justifies my claim then.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
No worries, I tried to post the image but it is a PDF and is way to big for the standard posting.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
But in the picture, it was obviously clipped from the WiiU version.
Ah I see what you mean it does look like the WiiU version.

Also I don't see what the big deal about the characters, I'm fine with any character being in not saying I don't want certain people in or out.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I haven't even dug that far in the knowledge of such alternative specials for Mario in this game. That only further justifies my claim then.
The alternative moves look so cool, I just can't wait to see how they mess with Olimar. I mean his VB is a gathering whistle, how could they change that besides flinch armor. or how the rock Pikmin will be incorporated.

Qsmash

Smash Cadet

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
It is absolutely crazy how this thread is blowing up it seems like some ppl want this list to be real. There are some really good arguments for both sides though even though im siding with the people who believe this garbage to be fake.
wtf-boom-o.gif

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Perhaps Sak-Man did the same thing to Dark Pit n Dr Mario like he did with Lucina. Maybe they were originally alts but he tweaked with the stats too much so they're EXTRA n I think not all characters r unlocked on this pic

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Nah this can't be it, no way. Granted if it were real I'd be pretty hype for DHD and Jr. I always imagined Jr. using his paintbrush from Mario Sunshine as a weapon or Final Smash if he was ever added.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I hope this isn't real because Jigglypuff looks like a beachball. Her limbs aren't that thin compared to the rest of her body.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
No I mean I have the article up but I can find the picture that's in the article Also I Can't wait to see how they mess with Villager's Special's :p

Dang it, the only page that is not there is Captain falcon page. That is that one where the Dark Pit picture is.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Dang it, the only page that is not there is Captain falcon page. That is that one where the Dark Pit picture is.
No I mean I have the article up but I can find the picture that's in the article Also I Can't wait to see how they mess with Villager's Special's :p

The individual pages are on my other computer. I will upload each page later today on my profile or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If this were to be the actual roster, I'd be happy with it. Though you kinda have to be skeptical with anything posted to 4chan. Even more so, I'm super surprised I'm seeing something from 4chan posted to here in the first place. We Serebii nao
I

Oatmealski

The Hero of Oatmeal (and chin beards too).
3DS FC
1821-9353-4818
If DHD is a thing, I want his neutral special to be the nintendo zapper, I have always wanted to see that asshole dog and the ice climbers go 1v1.

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
It's a good fake. Even though I doubt Lucas get in anyway but IceClimbers being cut just don't see it happening

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I hope Sakurai will officially debunk this soon by announcing Ice Climbers or something. We know what happened last time when there was a 'leak'.
Chrom: I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day.
:laugh:
(Note: I'm a Gematsu supporter, I just wanted to make that joke. :laugh: )

Last edited:

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Kid Icarus doesn't need another character especially since Dark Pit is literally a color swap. And the LoZ reps does not do the series justice considering two of them are clones. We don't need ANY characters other than the mains of the series, so you can't say we don't need a new Loz/DK reps.

Some of the highest requested newcomers come from those two series. But Sakurai probably doesn't care
If you think that dark pit is nothing more than a palette swap then you obviously don't know very much about the character, and probably haven't played KIU. I'm pretty biased because I LOVE that game and want as much representation for it as possible so that more people will play it. Same as my feelings towards FEA. LoZ doesn't need more reps because it is already an extremely popular and well known series. And I like all of its reps so I personally don't need more for it.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
4th? and In The Article Was it implied Pittoo was a Assist Trophy Or Character? And Do you perhaps have some sort of Link to share us with us? Because I really want to see that picture :p
I think I meant 3rd but I'm a moron >_<

and no I have no article, I was saying IF there was another KI:U character I wish it would be someone else since Pitoo is not my favorite form that game. I know that's a biased opinion.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I hope Sakurai will officially debunk this soon by announcing Ice Climbers or something. We know what happened last time when there was a 'leak'.
Chrom: I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day.
:laugh:
(Note: I'm a Gematsu supporter, I just wanted to make that joke. :laugh: )
PLEASE ANNOUNCE DR MARIO!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If you think that dark pit is nothing more than a palette swap then you obviously don't know very much about the character, and probably haven't played KIU. I'm pretty biased because I LOVE that game and want as much representation for it as possible so that more people will play it. Same as my feelings towards FEA. LoZ doesn't need more reps because it is already an extremely popular and well known series. And I like all of its reps so I personally don't need more for it.
No. Kiu and FEA are pretty good, but neither should take precedence over zelda metroid and dk. All three have excellent character choices just waiting to be added, where as both kiu and FEA have clone characters.

Also I still can't see warios pupil, and I doubt the QA team would let such horrid art free.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
So explain Link's positioning then. I'd love to here why.

Anyway:

I have yet to meet people who use "Lv. 8" as a name
Id agree except it I believe it is very possible the levels the final battle in Smash Run. I dont have any screen shot evidence but i believed thats how it played out when I was at SDCC.

I would at face value deem this fake but I feel majority of accusations brought can be disproven.

CSS: the only one that has a major issue is the Mr. GDubs which when you look closer his hand isnt reaching out of his character box its just Wario and the shadow of his jacket

CPU 4player box line: Kirby is being selected by the player which could mean its a possible bolding highlight effect

Stage list over options: again the stage is only overlapping the options slightly when it is highlighted; which is a very probable thing

non series grouping of characters: all the clones are grouped together

little Mac face over Shulk: lol not even. The bone structure of the jaw and eyes are distinctly different.

Robin hair on shulk: hair styles are distinctly different; take another look.

Ness shirt difference: updated look for a veteran is commonplace
and actually adds to the legitimacy of this Portrait. Plus high quality rendering of ness

bowser jr. Official portrait swap: look at the arm, spikes and hair placement; definitely different.

so for now I will definitely reserve my judgement; people are making it seem too clear cut. There hasnt been a definitive argument as of yet.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Id agree except it I believe it is very possible the levels the final battle in Smash Run. I dont have any screen shot evidence but i believed thats how it played out when I was at SDCC.

I would at face value deem this fake but I feel majority of accusations brought can be disproven.

CSS: the only one that has a major issue is the Mr. GDubs which when you look closer his hand isnt reaching out of his character box its just Wario and the shadow of his jacket

CPU 4player box line: Kirby is being selected by the player which could mean its a possible bolding highlight effect

Stage list over options: again the stage is only overlapping the options slightly when it is highlighted; which is a very probable thing

little Mac face over Shulk: lol not even. The bone structure of the jaw and eyes are distinctly different.

and actually adds to the legitimacy of this Portrait. Plus high quality rendering of ness

bowser jr. Official portrait swap: look at the arm, spikes and hair placement; definitely different.

so for now I will definitely reserve my judgement; people are making it seem too clear cut. There hasnt been a definitive argument as of yet.
What about the poor quality stuff? You mention high quality renders, but wario is missing an pupil and looks like he is overlapping with game and watch and ganondorf's is super dark.

Last edited:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Your first mistake was taking any information from 4chan and deeming it as credible. Idiots.

This entire thread is a joke.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
If you think dark pit is more than a palette swap then you obviously don't know how he was created. Clearly your bias is blocking off any logical reasoning because I LOVE THE SERIES SO THEY SHOULD GET MORE REPS THAN SERIES I DON'T CARE BOUT!!! An unnecessary clone won't make the series more popular

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Why Is Toon Link not in the Clone Row then?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Fake. Why would Lucina be so far away from the rest of the Fire Emblem cast?? fail.
Going off the assumption that this is real, I'd assume it would be because she's next to Dr.Mario and Dark Pit, forming their own group of characters being basically exact copies of another character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom