• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Rob sucks though, he was a horrible gaming accessory that shouldn't have been released and he wasn't a fun character to play as in Smash Bros aside from the fact he had a completely original moveset, plus the infamous Gyros thrown in for good measure. Now if only he could get the infamous Stack Up/Robot Block blocks
Well, many love him. I doubt he'll get cut.
But needless to say, this leak is still fake. :p

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
well I certainly wasn't the one who initiated this conversation simply because someone else had an opinion.
An opinion that went like "Fake because I don't like Ness' render", essentially imposing it as factual and not opinionated.

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I approach all leaks the same mindset; that being "it could be real, or it could be fake." The nice thing about a leak like this is all we have to do is wait for the next character reveal; if the official art doesn't match the leak, it's fake. No muss, no fuss.

I will say one thing though; all this "Come on, like Sakurai would seriously remove Ice Climbers and Lucas and put in the Duck Hunt dog?" is starting to sound awfully familiar. Y'know, like:
"This is fake. Seriously, like they would remove Mewtwo? The clones I can understand, but Mewtwo? Give me a break."
Or how about:
"So obviously fake. Why would anyone add Wolf instead of Krystal? We already have one Fox clone too many."
Or my personal favorite:
"This is so fake it hurts. R.O.B was already shown as an enemy in the Subspace Emmisary, why on earth would he be playable?"

Booster

Smash Lord
Well, many love him. I doubt he'll get cut.
But needless to say, this leak is still fake. :p
Yep, more fake then Sonic Team's so called "effort" for Sonic 06. I'm surprised this made the Smashboards news. Though I would love Duck Hunt Dog/Mr. Peepers to be playable.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
''This reminds of when Brawl got leaked and people were speculating why King K Rool and Krystal and Ridley weren't there and how the lines don't line up perfectly.
And when Gen 5 got leaked and how apparently Pignite and Emboar were Lickylicky photoshops.
Also, let's not forget when X and Y got leaked and Greninja's name was a bit off and so was the "Water" text, as well as Hawlucha and the "inconsistencies in the feathers on his arms."
I'm giving this leak the benefit of the doubt. It's true until there's concrete evidence disproving it.''-Shiny Dwebble My Words exactly :p

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
My question is why whoever made this left the Errors of Wario's Eye and Game&Watch like that?

The photoshopper is obviously very skilled in their art, so I just don't understand why they would leave those errors there. Puzzling, no?

Oh well, I'm just glad it's fake. Leaves the door open for a Metroid, F-Zero, or DK villain. :D
Wario's left pupil is right beside his nose, and that is not GnW's hand, it is Wario's shoulder.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Can Sakurai do us a favor and tomorrow or at least Friday, announce Ice Climbers or something to debunk this. :p
Honestly people, look at the boxing ring stage, it's obviously photoshopped from the WiiU version.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
An opinion that went like "Fake because I don't like Ness' render", essentially imposing it as factual and not opinionated.
But tell me where did I state that my opinion on the render was the basis for why I think the leak is fake?
Removing the end of my comment just leaves us with an opinion. This convo wouldn't exist.
You're the only tool who came to the conclusion that said opinion reflected my thoughts on the subject at hand.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Just gonna leave this here:

Look at the icon of Fox. In the E3 build, he has green background. In this leak, he has blue

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Can Sakurai do us a favor and tomorrow or at least Friday, announce Ice Climbers or something to debunk this. :p
Honestly people, look at the boxing ring stage, it's obviously photoshopped from the WiiU version.
No Announce Dr.Mario to be playable to Blow everyone's minds away :D

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
But tell me where did I state that my opinion on the render was the basis for why I think the leak is fake?
Removing the end of my comment just leaves us with an opinion. This convo wouldn't exist.
You're the only tool who came to the conclusion that said opinion reflected my thoughts on the subject at hand.
Because the later part of your quote had nothing to do with the statement before it.

And please, don't call me a tool and start the name calling. You're being aggressive for no real reason and justifying what you said because someone caught you on it.

At the end of the day, this is what you said:

That Ness render is horrifying. Super fake.
That wasn't made up. That's on you. Next time, back yourself up appropriately and stop thinking people can read your mind through the internet. You should know better. You didn't explain why exactly you thought the leak was fake. You just stated an opinion and then confirmed to yourself "Fake".

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Because the later part of your quote had nothing to do with the statement before it.
Ah, yes, I'm sorry. I forgot the proper way to convey my opinion in this situation. Let's try that again:

That Ness render is horrifying.

Xermo believes this is an obvious fake for more than several reasons but he'll leave them unstated for the general audiance to pick apart what information he did leave them. Come flame with him on his twitter @ssbfc_Xerom

Btw, there's nothing I'm trying to justify. You're the one speaking as though you can read the motives of other users and their intentions behind their posts.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
No one wants Dark Pit, at all.
If you'd played KIU you would probably want dark pit. Because I really want him actually. He could a lot of thing differently from pit since he uses completely different weapons and has different abilities.

Last edited:

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846

Looking at the past "Pics of the Day"
it would be amazing for someone to do all this work for what kind of information that has been coming recently.

like the game boy stage, Metakights correct CSS portrait and the lovely models/renders for the new characters.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
The title of the article said 'Potential Leaked Roster' and the picture along side is a very small character select screen that you'd have to intentionally focus on to see what's actually in it.

If you didn't take the hint from the title, or saw a very busy character select screen and intentionally stared at it, that's your fault, no one elses.
"I've never heard of photographic memory"

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
WHY IN THE NAME OF SAKURAI ICECLIMBERS WILL BE DLC!?!?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
If you'd played KIU you would probably want dark pit. Because I really want him actually. He could a lot of thing differently from pit since he uses completely different weapons and has different abilities.
From what I've seen of him yeah he's different than Pit, but I'd prefer like Hades or Medusa or even Viridi since they have unique designs that almost beg to be used more often.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What I find to be unbelievable is that they told whoever about the DLC characters. Why? If this is supposedly from the ESRB, they wouldn't just take Nintendo's word on the DLC, they'd have to see it. It isn't done yet, obviously. I have doubts that they'd even work on DLC until SSBU came out, if even then.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Looking at the past "Pics of the Day"
it would be amazing for someone to do all this work for what kind of information that has been coming recently.

like the game boy stage, Metakights correct CSS portrait and the lovely models/renders for the new characters.
I Could do a Stage List saying what each stage is If you would like to know :p

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
From what I've seen of him yeah he's different than Pit, but I'd prefer like Hades or Medusa or even Viridi since they have unique designs that almost beg to be used more often.
Here in Japan there was a recent Magazine article that pointed out Dark Pit in the picture with Link, Pit, and the goddess. It stated that he might be up to no good.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
If this were to be the actual roster, I'd be happy with it. Though you kinda have to be skeptical with anything posted to 4chan. Even more so, I'm super surprised I'm seeing something from 4chan posted to here in the first place. We Serebii nao
Remember when sometime before Smash-Fest, we saw an almost real looking Smash for Wii U character select screen? Then it was proven fake at E3 and Smash-fest itself, as we have all seen how the Smash 4 (Wii U) character select looks like. Considering the last time we saw something like this from 4chan and it ulitmately turned out to be fake, I'm gonna call fake on this.

Whoever made this, along with the renders, however, did a hugely great job.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The simple fact that the characters aren't grouped together screams fake. Even as "DLC."

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Here in Japan there was a recent Magazine article that pointed out Dark Pit in the picture with Link, Pit, and the goddess. It stated that he might be up to no good.
Well I never said he wasn't the most likely 4th inclusion if KI gets one. I was just stating I'd prefer one of the other characters. I know that's just me in most cases.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I Could do a Stage List saying what each stage is If you would like to know :p
What I meant was that with the movement of information lately, it is cool that the person "assuming that it is fake" that they took the time for detail from a very recent pic of the day.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Either way we know what happened the last time sometime tried to leak
Right. That person only predicted a ton of characters and even some game features correctly but they made a single mistake so people are acting like that nullifies the whole leak even though (is this leak is real) his only single mistake was chrom.

Last edited:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
To all you people saying "why would you believe anything on 4chan", Bloodbourne leaks from there were confirmed. It's not reliable, but there is no reason to completely discredit everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom