• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Time to create a series of elaborate hoaxes to bring the rest of big Texas names. We can start by creating a fake big Midwest tournament to temporarily unretire Darkrain again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is there going to be livestream?

The recording setup I am bringing can be used as a decent livestream setup if necessary.

:phone:

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I could go to this. Sounds like it will have a great turnout, including OOS. I would be happy to lend my equipment (av distribution amp, mic, headsets, mixer, webcams, cables) to whoever wants to stream (if Wifi is available or if can get 4G) or record if necessary.

MT_

Smash Ace
Should really consider applying to make this a road to apex tourney I would like a chance at getting some sort of seed for apex lol

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Noc I'd be glad to take you up on that offer. Michael is going to be running a stream off of his laptop and the extra equipment would be super helpful.

dawn001

Smash Ace
May I bring a topic to this thread? Anyways I was thinking .. what about crew battles? Are we going have them? If so.....MAD HYPE!!

*fox owns you*

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I will be in Texas, and I may need a ride from the Plano people.

Are we willing to take me? :D
:awesome:
Is there going to be livestream?

The recording setup I am bringing can be used as a decent livestream setup if necessary.

That's awesome that you can bring a recording setup, my friend will be live streaming, but go ahead and bring yours too if you can.
I really wish I could go to this. Sounds like it will have a great turnout, including OOS. I would be happy to lend my equipment (av distribution amp, mic, headsets, mixer, webcams, cables) to whoever wants to stream (if Wifi is available or if can get 4G) or record if necessary.
I wish you could come too, you really helped me out last time. I plan on holding more of these, hopefully it will get this big again. I'll make sure that you can make the next one.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
like, no repeated characters per crew. there can only be one fox, one falco, one marth, one sheik or whatever. it makes things more exciting!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Crews sound awesome, if time permits...might have to get things started earlier...

MT_

Smash Ace
I am in support of the unified channel idea. From now on I will upload all tournament videos and et cetera that I record to that channel (just need the username/password).

Not in support of a hype video missing MT in it though (seriously wtf).

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
lol hit me up beforehand next time. That was just something I threw together in the last hour anyways haha

and I'll PM you the email and password for the channel

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm considering showing up but not entering as a Christmas gift to Texas. Instead I will pick a friendly setup and just hog it all day, dispensing advice and freeze glitches in equal amounts.

Thoughts?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Well in a sense it may make the bracket more unpredictable, though being able to play you seriously would be nice too. Though, people getting advice from you is always great. Do you want to enter, lol?

If there will be recording though, I'd at the very least love to hear you commentate, wobbles.

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm considering showing up but not entering as a Christmas gift to Texas. Instead I will pick a friendly setup and just hog it all day, dispensing advice and freeze glitches in equal amounts.

Thoughts?
Either way, money match me!!!

dawn001

Smash Ace

Thoughts?
hey wobbles will u commentate for this event? it will be nice to hear wobbles talk about texas and the players....

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me haha. Also, it would be awesome if you commentated, your commentary is the ****.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
I'm not gonna be able to make this /wrists. A recommendation Frisbie, if you decide to do amateur bracket, delegate TO'ing that bracket to someone else. Especially if you're playing in the tourney yourself(I'm sure you will).

You should have 2 TIOs, one for pro and amateur bracket, and 3-4 people calling out matches and inputting the reported matches in. Best of luck and please record! Let everyone know that there's a ravenous Samus waiting for them next year!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna be able to make this /wrists. A recommendation Frisbie, if you decide to do amateur bracket, delegate TO'ing that bracket to someone else. Especially if you're playing in the tourney yourself(I'm sure you will).

You should have 2 TIOs, one for pro and amateur bracket, and 3-4 people calling out matches and inputting the reported matches in. Best of luck and please record! Let everyone know that there's a ravenous Samus waiting for them next year!
Thanks a lot, hope you can make the next one!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Yo this sounds gooood

gl Baka & Sung. Represent
Thanks, my friends and I have put a lot of effort into this. Hopefully all will go well and this will turn into a big tournament series.

On a side note, the internet at the venue is ok, but streaming might by tough on their wifi. I hear that 4G LTE coverage is pretty good there though, so if anyone has a 4G smartphone with a tethering app and plenty of data available there could be a good quality stream.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't get it

I'm like "hey here I don't wanna take your money" and you guys are like GIVE HIM MORE

Yeah I'll money-match :p

Top Bottom