• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
The legendary Brolylegs says that he will be at the tournament with his brother Vash. Hype!!

Griffard

Smash Ace
So do you have any idea if you/anyone else will be able to make it from Louisiana?
Okay well I'm definitely going to a concert in New Orleans Friday night, so were I/others from my NOLA crew to come, we'd be leaving mad early in the day on Saturday to make it there on time. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive which is pretty brutal, but this event sounds really hype. I'll talk to people and see if they'll be down. I'll shoot Taylor a text right now too and see if BR people are trying to go. Another main concern: Would there be any chance of free/cheap housing for us if we come? Probably don't have the dinero for a hotel/would definitely hurt my boner for this tournament.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I'm definitely going to a concert in New Orleans Friday night, so were I/others from my NOLA crew to come, we'd be leaving mad early in the day on Saturday to make it there on time. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive which is pretty brutal, but this event sounds really hype. I'll talk to people and see if they'll be down. I'll shoot Taylor a text right now too and see if BR people are trying to go. Another main concern: Would there be any chance of free/cheap housing for us if we come? Probably don't have the dinero for a hotel/would definitely hurt my boner for this tournament.
There are people in Houston who are willing to house people free, Admiral is the main person to go to for housing. Talk to Taylor about it, he stayed with her last time. If she can't host you guys then I'll ask around for you, housing shouldn't be a problem though. Hope you can make it!

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
Hype! Im gonna try and get some Crystal City or San Antonio meleers to tag along hopefully. Might just be d-smashing my way through the whole tourney but i'll be there. (well 97.2314% sure im goin) Hypehyepehpeyhpeypehpeyhep!!

MT_

Smash Ace
To clarify the schedule, registration will end at 1:30 and then doubles bracket will be made and doubles will start around 1:45-2:00. While doubles is happening, I will make pools (it looks like enough people are coming to do pools again). Towards the end of doubles bracket, once pools have been made, I will stop doubles and have eveyone start pools, probably around 3:00 (very rough estimate, like a 30 minute time window). Then after pools I will make singles bracket while doubles finishes, and then start singles bracket, probably a couple hours earlier than last time. I'm hoping for time to do a crew battle, maybe a novice bracket too.

:phone:
Just to confirm, would I be able to register for singles over the phone or something? I'm not going to be able to make it until probably around 2:30 (registration would have ended by now but it would be before singles pools starts) and wouldn't be able to register in person.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and that goes for anyone who is running a little late. Call 713-702-6028, and if you are a reasonable distance away, then I will register you.

Cowsaymeow

Smash Cadet
Do you guys need Melee discs still? I don't have a GC or a CRT TV but I have Melee under a pile of junk somewhere so I can probably bring that

Tournament is BYOC, right?

I haven't played the game competitively for years (I just got back into this game again) so it'll be cool to meet new faces :)

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
You can bring the disc if you want, but I doubt that it will get used. I would say that every tournament is BYOC, but if you don't have one, some people will have extras, myself included. Just don't rely on that. It's nice to see new faces, especially in a game that's so old. See you on Saturday!

Cowsaymeow

Smash Cadet
You can bring the disc if you want, but I doubt that it will get used. I would say that every tournament is BYOC, but if you don't have one, some people will have extras, myself included. Just don't rely on that. It's nice to see new faces, especially in a game that's so old. See you on Saturday!
Sounds good.

Yeah I can get a controller from someone for a day so I doubt I'll need one.

And back at you!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Do you guys need Melee discs still? I don't have a GC or a CRT TV but I have Melee under a pile of junk somewhere so I can probably bring that

Tournament is BYOC, right?

I haven't played the game competitively for years (I just got back into this game again) so it'll be cool to meet new faces :)
who are you

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
waterlessfish and I are headin down tonight, hopefully we can get a lil post-midnight friendlies in before da tourney. activate hype modules, we goin in. Thanks x 1000 hannah for housing and hopefully picking us up around 12:15 tonight.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
There were issues with livestreaming (kept dropping frames probably due to internet connection instability) so there isn't much to watch in the Texas Melee twitch tv channel archives but I recorded everything past ~3pm (including all the commentated matches) and will upload to the Texas Melee youtube channel.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
LOL. tiGGer here! This was great. For my first tournament, I knew I was gonna do bad, but man...I didn't think it would be THAT BAD...You guys have my respect. Props to anybody here that DESTROYED me as well as my other friends that day. We tried to represent East Texas the best we could xD
On a side note though, I am curious...During the pools, I noticed that my terrible matches were recorded .-. lolz, I was the red/black game&watch as well as the red falco...Sometimes I abbreviated my name as "TGGR." I was 2-0'd each time ^^' If they're uploaded, I look forward to seeing my mistakes in these matches :o

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone else get really sick after this tourney? I've been hacking up all sorts of awful things for two days now :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If only you could infract those responsible...

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else get really sick after this tourney? I've been hacking up all sorts of awful things for two days now :(
Not that I know of. Damn, that sucks :( . Well, I hope you had a good time at the tournament. Get better soon, hopefully I'll see you at the next one (probably next month)

Top Bottom