Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alright listen up boys (and girls but probably not) we are getting Porky this game,

It has been four smash bros. games and considering all the references, cameos, boss fights, items, etc. to Porky, it's straight up this game or never.
How is Porky the only boss from Brawl to not have a spirit? We have to get either an Earthbound remastered or Mother 3 or we aren't getting anything. We need to start thinking about the possibility that we might not get anything from this franchise for a very long time if ever. I know this is supposed to be a hype thread, but someone has to be realistic. I want Porky to get added more than anything, but it's now or never.
I hope your right dude. I haven't had your enthusiasm for Porky since Season Pass 1 speculation. The year of the pig passed and so did Mother's 30th anniversary. It doesn't really mean anything for his chances, but I feel like if Porky really is getting in than Mother 3 has to get officially released in the west. Sakurai said he wouldn't have added Lucas in Brawl had he known Mother 3 was going to be released overseas and I believe he won't add Porky unless he knows Mother 3 is finally getting officially released in the west.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Alright listen up boys (and girls but probably not) we are getting Porky this game,

It has been four smash bros. games and considering all the references, cameos, boss fights, items, etc. to Porky, it's straight up this game or never.
How is Porky the only boss from Brawl to not have a spirit? We have to get either an Earthbound remastered or Mother 3 or we aren't getting anything. We need to start thinking about the possibility that we might not get anything from this franchise for a very long time if ever. I know this is supposed to be a hype thread, but someone has to be realistic. I want Porky to get added more than anything, but it's now or never.
I definitely agree with having more realistic expectations, and with Mother fading further into obscurity with every passing year (and Nintendo not acknowledging the series) Porky’s chances get slimmer and slimmer.
I’m only buying the characters individually if I want them so it won’t be too much of the shocker if he isn’t there but it’ll suck to know he probably won’t be remembered in the future

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A bunch of beta stuff and source codes got dumped yesterday along with a official unused SM64 Luigi model:

I hope Earthbound 64 get's dumped.

Pokelego999

Smash Lord
A bunch of beta stuff and source codes got dumped yesterday along with a official unused SM64 Luigi model:

I hope Earthbound 64 get's dumped.
They didn't release Earthbound 64 though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Hero
They didn't release Earthbound 64 though.
It’s possible it could be part of the leaks at some point; a prototype of Yoshi’s Island leaked Friday, and it plus all this other stuff and the Pokémon beta leaks and early design leaks have all been from
the same source, I think, a huge hack/leak in 2018 someone got arrested for. A game that never released and seemed to be a prototype/test or something, Mirror House Cornflakes, leaked as well sometime back, alongside a bunch of N64 test stuff.

Genome

Smash Cadet
I don't normally post in this thread, but I've thought since the beginning of FP1 that it'd be cool if Porky got in (However, I wouldn't call myself an active supporter because I don't see it ever happening).
I've noticed recently that a lot of people in the Smash community think Earthbound/MOTHER is too 'over represented' in smash for a 'dead' franchise, which is nonsense. So I decided to put together a list of games influenced by Earthbound.
Off of the Earthbound Wikipedia page:
- Yume Nikki (2004)
- Contact (2006)
- Costume Quest (2010)
- South Park: TSoT (2014)
- Lisa: The Painful RPG (2014)
- Undertale (2015)
- Hylics (2015)
- Oddity (TBA)
If you guys know any more, then feel free to add on to this list, but the point is that Earthbound has so much representation because it is arguably the single most influential game of the past 2 decades. I doubt you could put together this kind of list for games like Chibi Robo, F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, and other 'dead' franchises.

Top Bottom