• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alright listen up boys (and girls but probably not) we are getting Porky this game,

It has been four smash bros. games and considering all the references, cameos, boss fights, items, etc. to Porky, it's straight up this game or never.
How is Porky the only boss from Brawl to not have a spirit? We have to get either an Earthbound remastered or Mother 3 or we aren't getting anything. We need to start thinking about the possibility that we might not get anything from this franchise for a very long time if ever. I know this is supposed to be a hype thread, but someone has to be realistic. I want Porky to get added more than anything, but it's now or never.
I hope your right dude. I haven't had your enthusiasm for Porky since Season Pass 1 speculation. The year of the pig passed and so did Mother's 30th anniversary. It doesn't really mean anything for his chances, but I feel like if Porky really is getting in than Mother 3 has to get officially released in the west. Sakurai said he wouldn't have added Lucas in Brawl had he known Mother 3 was going to be released overseas and I believe he won't add Porky unless he knows Mother 3 is finally getting officially released in the west.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Alright listen up boys (and girls but probably not) we are getting Porky this game,

It has been four smash bros. games and considering all the references, cameos, boss fights, items, etc. to Porky, it's straight up this game or never.
How is Porky the only boss from Brawl to not have a spirit? We have to get either an Earthbound remastered or Mother 3 or we aren't getting anything. We need to start thinking about the possibility that we might not get anything from this franchise for a very long time if ever. I know this is supposed to be a hype thread, but someone has to be realistic. I want Porky to get added more than anything, but it's now or never.
I definitely agree with having more realistic expectations, and with Mother fading further into obscurity with every passing year (and Nintendo not acknowledging the series) Porky’s chances get slimmer and slimmer.
I’m only buying the characters individually if I want them so it won’t be too much of the shocker if he isn’t there but it’ll suck to know he probably won’t be remembered in the future

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A bunch of beta stuff and source codes got dumped yesterday along with a official unused SM64 Luigi model:

I hope Earthbound 64 get's dumped.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A bunch of beta stuff and source codes got dumped yesterday along with a official unused SM64 Luigi model:

I hope Earthbound 64 get's dumped.
They didn't release Earthbound 64 though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They didn't release Earthbound 64 though.
It’s possible it could be part of the leaks at some point; a prototype of Yoshi’s Island leaked Friday, and it plus all this other stuff and the Pokémon beta leaks and early design leaks have all been from
the same source, I think, a huge hack/leak in 2018 someone got arrested for. A game that never released and seemed to be a prototype/test or something, Mirror House Cornflakes, leaked as well sometime back, alongside a bunch of N64 test stuff.

Genome

Smash Cadet
I don't normally post in this thread, but I've thought since the beginning of FP1 that it'd be cool if Porky got in (However, I wouldn't call myself an active supporter because I don't see it ever happening).
I've noticed recently that a lot of people in the Smash community think Earthbound/MOTHER is too 'over represented' in smash for a 'dead' franchise, which is nonsense. So I decided to put together a list of games influenced by Earthbound.
Off of the Earthbound Wikipedia page:
- Yume Nikki (2004)
- Contact (2006)
- Costume Quest (2010)
- South Park: TSoT (2014)
- Lisa: The Painful RPG (2014)
- Undertale (2015)
- Hylics (2015)
- Oddity (TBA)
If you guys know any more, then feel free to add on to this list, but the point is that Earthbound has so much representation because it is arguably the single most influential game of the past 2 decades. I doubt you could put together this kind of list for games like Chibi Robo, F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, and other 'dead' franchises.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Found this:

Probably my favorite overall moveset mockup I've seen.
I like this. Especially the music selection. I think the included Spirits could be improved/added onto though. Like, what about a Porky-Bot Spirit? And maybe Mecha-Drago? Fierce Pork Trooper? Fassad could be enhanced into New Fassad/Miracle Fassad, and Giegue could be an Advanced Spirit that enhances into a Legend class Giygas Spirit. Speaking of, that stage already looks sick, would be even cooler with a Giygas stage hazard.

The only problem I really have with the actual moveset is that, a lot of it takes from already existing fan-made movesets for the character. That and I guess I’m looking for a bit more than just “he stabs his mech legs this way and that way”. Those throws though, are brutal. And I like the incorporation of the chains from the Mother 3 mech. Also that up Smash better have a brief dizzy animation on the end of it. Not one that puts him in a dazed state but something like Bowser Jr.’s down taunt.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like it, I just think there could be more to it.

Last edited:

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
Great moveset, but he really deserve more than a down B counter lol.
As the person who made the moveset, thanks! Though his down B isn't really like a typical counter. Think of it like Ness and Lucas's Down B but instead of healing you, it instantly damages the opponent. Also I just think it fits Porky's character to have a move he can sort of hide behind.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Sometimes, when people talk about Porky in Smash, I see some people using this image that I posted a long time ago:
And that makes me happy, because even if I didn't made the model, I made the pose, resized the Spider Mech and posted it here, so, yeah, I'm very happy when I see things like these:
screen.PNG
smash3.PNG
And no I don't know what the hell is talking that last image.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to drop by again and say I have good faith in Porky happening.

-No spirit (slightly less meaningful with Min Min).
-A Mother spirit event did once happen, and no Porky spirit was added to the game then.
-The Absolutely Safety Capsule spirit's sprite is the empty one.
-Porky is the only boss in Smash history to not be in the "Ultimate" Smash.

My honest prediction is that he's #80.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Porky in Smash.

Not only is he another villainous representative like plenty of others have mentioned, but he's also the character that directly connects Earthbound and Mother 3. Though if he ends up being included, the demand to localise Mother 3 will be stronger than ever and I don't think Nintendo would want to deal with the demand of localising Mother 3 considering the controversial themes that are in the game like animal cruelty. Still, I'd love his inclusion.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Slot #80 sounds plausible for porky, but the main problem I see is that Nintendo tends to choose marketing oriented picks for first party DLC, and they have anyways seemed against localising Mother 3 (if Reggie’s actions are anything to go by).
I still think that Ultimate is Porky’s last proper chance to be a fighter.
Fingers crossed

Oracle Link

Smash Master

The Changes i would make to this moveset are
the Yoyo Porky uses looks identical to the YOyo Ness uses in smash
Down Taunt: would reffrence the fact that Porky is pretty Depressed by pulling out the yoyo and looking at it sadly then putting it away
The Stage: New pork city is already in the game so i would replace it with Tazmilly
Music: complettly changing
Sanctuary Guardian
Ness´s Magicant
Porky means Buisnes
Flippant Foe
Wisdom of the World (Quenn Marys Castle)
Onett (full)
Mother 3 Batlle Medly
Mother 3 Pigmask Medly
Mother 3 Master Porkys Theme

Edit
Final Smash:
Giygas and absolutly Safe Capsule

Costume: A bowtie for the Porkybot alt

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

The Changes i would make to this moveset are
the Yoyo Porky uses looks identical to the YOyo Ness uses in smash
Down Taunt: would reffrence the fact that Porky is pretty Depressed by pulling out the yoyo and looking at it sadly then putting it away
The Stage: New pork city is already in the game so i would replace it with Tazmilly
Music: complettly changing
Sanctuary Guardian
Ness´s Magicant
Porky means Buisnes
Flippant Foe
Wisdom of the World (Quenn Marys Castle)
Onett (full)
Mother 3 Batlle Medly
Mother 3 Pigmask Medly
Mother 3 Master Porkys Theme

Edit
Final Smash:
Giygas and absolutly Safe Capsule

Costume: A bowtie for the Porkybot alt
Woah! Someone posted here!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Woah! Someone posted here!
I know right?! Anyway... Happy 2 year anniversary to Ultimate! I can't believe it's been 2 years since Ultimate came out. I remember this thread being a lot more vocally social during this time 2 years ago. The crazy thing is nothing has changed much for us as Porky is still MIA if you don't count the empty Absolute Safe Capsule Spirit. The Spirit fan rule has broken since then which gives Porky more competition in terms of getting a slot. But that really shouldn't effect his chances of getting chosen or not.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Either Tazmily to contrast Lucas coming with New Pork (technically) or Cave of the Past to have another spooky stage.
Or the final needle cave would be cool

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think the 3 options for Porky’s stage would have to be (in no particular order) Tazmily Village, Giygas’ Lair, or the Empire Porky Building.

Tazmily Village- Like what SuperMrpingpong SuperMrpingpong said, this is to contrast Lucas bringing New Pork City with him back in Brawl. Tazmily Village is a more proper “home stage” for Lucas, and Porky in turn gets the already available New Pork City.

Giygas’ Lair- Could be inside or directly outside the entrance to the setting where EarthBound’s final battle takes place. Obviously, Giygas would be a stage hazard. Something interesting could be if it’s inside the lair, make the Devil’s Machine interactable. As in, over the course of battle, it takes damage when being hit (much like the blocks in Minecraft World). After taking a set amount of damage, the Machine breaks down and Giygas is unleashed. Almost like a stage hazard where you can determine when it happens.

Empire Porky Building- While we already have NPC, I do think there’s a few interesting ideas you could do with the EPB. You could make it a pseudo-traveling stage. Think Wrecking Crew but you’re only on one floor at a time, and after a certain time interval you go to the next floor. Some floors could even have stage hazards, being enemies you’d run into from Mother 3 in the tower (maybe even the Natural Killer Cyborg?). Just would need to make each floor unique so it’s not just a bunch of walk-offs. You could also do something similar to the looks of the stage in the above moveset that Oracle Link Oracle Link posted.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While Porky isn't guarantee to happen, I have lowkey faith that there could be a slim possibility Porky is the fighter they announce tonight because of Reggie being there and they might announce Mother 3 alongside a Porky fighter. Lowkey think it could happen I don't think it will, but I'm throwing the idea out there.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The Game Awards are a big thing so I doubt Porky will be announced (unless suddenly they announce a Mother 3 remake or some epic crazy **** like that, but, let's be honest, that's like one chance in a million).
At least I hope is a character from a game that I know and like, like digimon or danganronpa... and not a literal who.
Like, the only reason why I didn't got annoyed about Steve getting in is because he's the only character from a game that I have played (besides Banjo).
So yeah, my hopes are "Doubt it's gonna be Porky, so I hope is at least from a game I have played before)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Game Awards are a big thing so I doubt Porky will be announced (unless suddenly they announce a Mother 3 remake or some epic crazy **** like that, but, let's be honest, that's like one chance in a million).
At least I hope is a character from a game that I know and like, like digimon or danganronpa... and not a literal who.
Like, the only reason why I didn't got annoyed about Steve getting in is because he's the only character from a game that I have played (besides Banjo).
So yeah, my hopes are "Doubt it's gonna be Porky, so I hope is at least from a game I have played before)
I don't think a Porky Smash reveal+Mother 3 localization is going to be announced either, but it's not impossible.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I mean absolutely nothing negative towards his fans when I say this, but this really doesn’t interest me much at all. If you’re happy, good for you. I have no ill will towards you or your character. But for me personally? I don’t hate the choice, I just have no real interest in it.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’m the opposite haha, Seph is the first character I’ve been excited about since banjo.
But look at this his way, the “new worlds” argument doesn’t hold as much weight now we have two FFVII reps so who knows maybe this improves Porky’s chances?
Probably not but it’s still something

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The problem with Kefka is that he has no hero counterpart and terra isnt really that important (she isnt even the only main character) also People say cloud is edgy actually he isnt but terra is sad the whole game(execpt credits)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Sephiroth in Smash give me a bit more hopes for Porky. We know now that Sakurai is open to put antagonist as dlc from already represented franchises. The biggest hurdle Porky have to face now is: does Nintendo care? I don't think we'll see first party dlc if the franchise don't have something planned in the near future, so Eathbound would need a release or something on Switch. We'll see, I'm not getting my hopes too high, but at least I think it could be more possible than what I think at the start of the pass.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Sephiroth was one of my most wanted so I'm actually very happy considering I thought he was a pipe dream. As for Porky's chances, I would definitely say this improves them. Now we know villains can be DLC and Sakurai is open to adding more characters from already represented franchises. Add this to Porky not having a spirit/boss/etc. (when he has had them in the past) and I would say we're definitely still in the running.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's very safe to say if a 3rd party villain from a already existing franchise in the roster can make it in as DLC than so can a Nintendo villain from a franchise already in the roster. Sephiroth being in is a good sign for Porky more than anything. But that doesn't guarantee he's in though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom