• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Do you know that one scne regarding porky was changed?(not the spanking)
After the cult is disbanded, he tries to befriend Ness again, only to run off, revealing that he was lying (in the Japanese version, Ness's "silent protagonist" status mistakenly gives the impression of harsh shunning, thus causing an insulted Porky to sever all ties with Ness and abandon him) Earthbound wiki
so ness created his and(lucasses) worst enemy i mean in Happy Happy village Porky was influenced by Mani Mani and before that he wasnt even evil
makes the ending of Mother 3 even Sadder!

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think they wanted to do that because Sephiroth is supposed to be THE big bad boss man in smash at the moment, I want to believe Porky has more of a chance now since Seph did bring a much darker tone and a very spoilery stage to smash and the pig king can definitely do both of those things, but I’m remaining cautious.

also sorry about Geno, hopefully he’s the Ridley or Banjo of Smash 6

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think if Porky is in the Pass he's either next or before the last fighter. I don't think they would save him for last. But than again, they saved Wolf for last in Brawl so it could happen.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I think if Porky is in the Pass he's either next or before the last fighter. I don't think they would save him for last. But than again, they saved Wolf for last in Brawl so it could happen.
I think Wolf is something of a deceptive example. As far as I can tell, he was only released on the Smash Bros. Dojo after the Japanese and American releases of Brawl, so a lot of people already knew he was in (like how Bowser Jr.'s trailer came out after Smash 3DS's release). And the website in general seems to have been much more low-key in general than today's cinematic trailers and half-hour presentations, so I think the standards were different anyway.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah, I think they wanted to do that because Sephiroth is supposed to be THE big bad boss man in smash at the moment, I want to believe Porky has more of a chance now since Seph did bring a much darker tone and a very spoilery stage to smash and the pig king can definitely do both of those things, but I’m remaining cautious.

also sorry about Geno, hopefully he’s the Ridley or Banjo of Smash 6
I mean his stage is already really spoilery but he could Spoil the Timeskip Tazmilly(transforming) for Smash

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Idk if anyone has had this idea for a Porky reveal but I'm saying mine:

We get the villains startup like with Mario/Bowser, Samus/Ridley, Link/Ganondorf etc (now with Cloud/Sephiroth ofc) and then as tradition goes we flash over to DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and now Banjo too. And then, suddenly, you hear this in the background:

The fake out this time around will be Jigglypuff, I think that'd be pretty funny, but ofc, it's our boy Porky.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Idk if anyone has had this idea for a Porky reveal but I'm saying mine:

We get the villains startup like with Mario/Bowser, Samus/Ridley, Link/Ganondorf etc (now with Cloud/Sephiroth ofc) and then as tradition goes we flash over to DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and now Banjo too. And then, suddenly, you hear this in the background:

The fake out this time around will be Jigglypuff, I think that'd be pretty funny, but ofc, it's our boy Porky.
That would be cool. But I think they will only use the villain theme/DK gag with Rare created characters as K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie have been the only ones to have use the DK gag so far.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can see them reusing the hero vs villain intro, but I doubt they’d use the DK and fakeout gag for a third time. Just do the hero vs villain thing and then play an original trailer for Porky.
That could work. I could see the trailer starting with the hero vs villain intro and you see a tv go off in Onett in a store in the window with the Runaway 5 walking by the sidewalk. It cuts to Ness sleeping at home while a loud noise wakes him up. He looks outside his window to see Lucas coming out of a portal being chased by a King Pig Statue like in Brawl. Ness rushes outside to help Lucas against the King Pig Statue. Ness destroys it like in Brawl and afterwards he hears someone say "You destroyed one of my Pig King Statues again? Big deal. Come get me loser! Spanky! Spanky!" both Ness and Lucas turn around with a shocked expression on their faces to see Porky and than you see the tagline "Porky Minch Means Business!" than it cuts to the gameplay montage. It ends with Porky escaping like he did in the Cave of the Past at the end of Earthbound and him telling Ness "Come get me loser! Spanky! Spanky!".

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
the tagline "Porky Minch Means Business!" than it cuts to the gameplay montage. It ends with Porky escaping like he did in the Cave of the Past at the end of Earthbound and him telling Ness "Come get me loser! Spanky! Spanky!".
Fixed.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't think they would use the "heroes vs villains" intro only because they didn't reuse it for Sephirot, so it gives me the feeling that they are done with that kind of intros.
Of course I could be wrong, is just the way I think, nothing more.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Decided to finally buy the DLC pack just because I was curious about the Sephirot challenge, it was easy but fun, beating the character in order to unlock it.
Hopefully they reuse this for other DLC characters, like, I dunno, if they add another villain, like, a pig looking kid or something, they could do the same, I dunno, just saying... just saying...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Decided to finally buy the DLC pack just because I was curious about the Sephirot challenge, it was easy but fun, beating the character in order to unlock it.
Hopefully they reuse this for other DLC characters, like, I dunno, if they add another villain, like, a pig looking kid or something, they could do the same, I dunno, just saying... just saying...
Ah you mean Ganon but he isnt a Kid?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ah you mean Ganon but he isnt a Kid?
"Kid Ganon" from the new Game "The Legend of Zelda: Little Hyrule", where all the characters are kids, everything is made of wool, paper and cardboard, kind of a mix between the new yoshi games and paper mario games, and will be released in 2022.
I know about this not because my dad works at Nintendo, but because my dad IS Nintendo itself, totally 100% true.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
"Kid Ganon" from the new Game "The Legend of Zelda: Little Hyrule", where all the characters are kids, everything is made of wool, paper and cardboard, kind of a mix between the new yoshi games and paper mario games, and will be released in 2022.
I know about this not because my dad works at Nintendo, but because my dad IS Nintendo itself, totally 100% true.
Ah then i believe you!

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Zeox

Smash Champion
Question, how immortal is Porky exactly? As far as I know, he cannot die from old age, no matter how much time it passes he will live forever, but for example if Lucas got a shotgun and shot him in the face, would Porky die?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Question, how immortal is Porky exactly? As far as I know, he cannot die from old age, no matter how much time it passes he will live forever, but for example if Lucas got a shotgun and shot him in the face, would Porky die?
I mean, we can assume that Porky survived every single PSI attack that could’ve been used by Lucas and co. during Mother 3, along with Duster and Boney’s attacks. But then again, he was in his mech at that point. If he were to be out of his mech, I would assume Porky is susceptible to physical damage and could die by taking enough hits. I would think of it as something like Thor in the Marvel movies. Or maybe a more apt comparison would be Fassad. He can be killed, but it takes quite a beating to kill him. A shotgun to the face is probably lethal I would think. But other things, such as PSI attacks, physical attacks, even being stabbed in non-lethal areas probably wouldn’t kill him immediately. Rather, after a whole lot of it, he would go down. But I’m not sure how comparable a PSI attack is to a shotgun blast.

Also, seeing as how he immediately jumped into the Absolutely Safe Capsule after his mech was destroyed, it’s probably safe to say Porky knows his limits in terms of how much of a physical beating his body could take before dying.

But who really knows.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I mean, we can assume that Porky survived every single PSI attack that could’ve been used by Lucas and co. during Mother 3, along with Duster and Boney’s attacks. But then again, he was in his mech at that point. If he were to be out of his mech, I would assume Porky is susceptible to physical damage and could die by taking enough hits. I would think of it as something like Thor in the Marvel movies. Or maybe a more apt comparison would be Fassad. He can be killed, but it takes quite a beating to kill him. A shotgun to the face is probably lethal I would think. But other things, such as PSI attacks, physical attacks, even being stabbed in non-lethal areas probably wouldn’t kill him immediately. Rather, after a whole lot of it, he would go down. But I’m not sure how comparable a PSI attack is to a shotgun blast.

Also, seeing as how he immediately jumped into the Absolutely Safe Capsule after his mech was destroyed, it’s probably safe to say Porky knows his limits in terms of how much of a physical beating his body could take before dying.

But who really knows.
God, I just love Porky because he's just so hilariously petty, he won't even let Lucas and co. get the chance to kill him. He never gave Ness the chance to either. They can move on with their lives and he'll still be in his ball rolling around with glee living in his own kingly world of delusion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So has anyone seen this before?

I think we should suggest jamesster445 jamesster445 to put it in the OP.
I’ve seen it, unfortunately it seems they don’t sell the shirt anymore.

They still have a Lucas shirt and some EarthBound/Mother stuff, though, mostly books and the vinyl soundtracks for Mother 1 and 2 (that may be all there is).

Last edited:

kumie

Smash Rookie
Still no earthbound on the nintendo online membership games. There's no way Nintendo is this oblivious. The game sold so well on the eshop on the wiiu. Plus with the Mother Hobonichi project going on. I really feel like we're gonna get something big that's mother related with a Porky reveal. Of course it could just be Nintendo neglecting the series but everything just seems too perfect. I'm sure there's more things I missed.

Top Bottom