• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
StripesOrBars said:
What reason should he be in it then? He has no affiliation with Nintendo. Pokemon are NINTENDO characters. Sonic is. ANY nintendo character deserves to be in the next smash over any other 3rd party character.
No, he has no affiliation with Nintendo. However, I'm sure anyone would prefer him over another self-damaging Pokémon. He's probably a better character choice than at least 1 of the characters they will add in SSBR.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
nah, don't think sonic will be in it. he's a sega character. especially since he's already been
on systems other then Nintendo. i don't really like him either. almost as bad as that corny
fool Shadow. chill

ChaosSqueak

Smash Cadet
Doesn't Nintendo own Sega already? Sega also has games on other consoles, so its like "Pass around Sega" Sonic could be on the next Smash, why not? The more characters, the more people you can kick the **** out of, especially that sumnabiznicth Bowser, I hate that Koopa, I always pwn him on Smash

DooDah

Banned via Administration
BRoomer
Shut up. It's becuase of that reason, sonic being on other systems,that he won't be in it you n00b.

And how can nintendo own sega, if sega makes games for other systems???

Koops

Smash Journeyman
behind your left ear where it's always itchy
It's pretty much saying if sonic is going to be on Smash Bros Ten crash bandicoot is going to be on it.

also nintendo characters+nintendo console=Nintendo game
and mixed characters+nintendo console=Potentially Good nintendo game ruined

If you want it could be the Ninty patriot equation

Dibs

Smash Lord
mc-killa said:
what if i said that mike jones was on the next smash?
He'd repeat to death..... Chyea.

But yeah anyways... Sonic would at least be fun.. It's all just opinion anyway.

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
Roar

ChaosSqueak said:
Doesn't Nintendo own Sega already? Sega also has games on other consoles, so its like "Pass around Sega" Sonic could be on the next Smash, why not? The more characters, the more people you can kick the **** out of, especially that sumnabiznicth Bowser, I hate that Koopa, I always pwn him on Smash
I will be Bowser and eat your face HROOOM!
Your lives are finite, but Bowser is forever

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Yes! Sonic should be in Revolutions, but he won't be the faster character....he would just be the fastest runner(Faster than C.F).....but let us leave the light speed fighting to Fox.

Oh, and his golden color(supersonic) as his costume change..(and shadow's)

Master_Kakashi

Smash Rookie
Faster than Fox, Rollout exactly like Jigglypuff's, moves like Mario. Fox/FAlco's Reflector Shield. magnetic itemgrabber shield.

Sounds cool. It should be the hardest one to obtain like Mr G&W though. Only makes sense.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Let's think about 1 thing here

just because sonic has made a lot of appearances on nintendo's latest system.... does not make him a nintendo character, there are sonic games on ps2 and more being planned.

Good job guys sonic is still owned by sega, his poll is a waste of webspace.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
StripesOrBars said:
...can N E 1 name a game where Nintendo has characters from any other 3rd party developer or even publisher?
Well Super Mario RPG has Culex, who is definitely not the intellectual property of anyone at nintendo. Just look at him. His appearance has Final Fantasy written all over it.

[P.S. I know, I was WAAAY late with that.]

TheOnlySmashKing

Smash Cadet
Yea no sonic cause hell replace captain falcon and fox and there like the fastest in
the whole game but for some reason It would be kinda cool if rare charecters were
there for instance if conker was there if u hit the b-button hell hit someone with his
frying pan or banjo if u do down b hell do that slam with kazooie but this will never
happen cause rare is no longer with nintendo:(

Man I miss killer instinct,conker,banjo,perfect dark,u see rare made a big
mistake back then all there games for the n64 were blockbusters:(

Falco SSBM

Smash Cadet
Most Definatly,

Sonic's move list:
Up B: Like Fox's up-B but sonic turns Super Sonic for a split second.
B: You know how sonic can curl into a ball and charge and then release?...kinda like jigglypuff.
Forward B: A fast Punch, like Captian Falcons...
Down B: Chaos Emarld Reflect: Like Fox's down- B

^^^As you can see I have too much time on my hands

Smashmaster4

Smash Cadet
I think Sonic and Tails should both be used at the same time like the Ice Climbers, but I want SSB to use the older Sonic, not the new gay ones. It would be cool if Sonic's spin attack was used like Jigglypuffs spin attack but a little stronger. And I think Tails should Hover like Peach does but not as good. People are complaining that Sonic doesn't belong to Nintendo, but he kinda does. First of all, all Sega systems are dead, and Second, hasn't Sonic had a few games on the Gamecube? Hmmmmm, Sega's old archnemesis, now why would Sonic be on Nintendo!?!?!?

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Throughout this thread I have seen many stupid reasons about sonic not being in the game. "Sonic is not owned by Nintendo", "A contract would have to be made with sega to only make games for Nintendo". Now let me clear some things up for those who haven't read the topic and the same stuff keeps being said over and over.

Nintendo does not own the rights to Sonic, its a Sega only trademark, and if you don't believe me go look on the back of a Sonic game it will tell you "All characters are trademarks of Sega". Is this clear so it is not repeated over and over? Also, just because this is the case with Sega owning sonic wont mean he won’t be used in the game.

Sega, wouldn't also need to start making games only for Nintendo, the could make a contract easily for Nintendo to use Sonic, and would both benefit from it as well. Something would just have to be said in the game that Sonic is property of Sega. As you might have seen, most titles have been on Nintendo systems so they are major game partners, which even makes it all the more fair to have sonic in the game.

Its has also been stated that Sonic for SURE or most LIKELY will not be in the Revolution title of the game. How is this so certain the people who said that? By my book it seems that there will be a pretty high chance he will be in there, just because SSB has only been Nintendo only so far doesn't mean any of that will change. Nintendo power polls have been taken and Sonic and Tails were some of the top candidates for the game. Likely, they are taking things like the polls and other things like the April fools hoax of Sonic and Tails on SSBM into consideration for maybe putting Sonic or other characters in there; however it is up to them for sure. So just because it has been in the past "only Nintendo only stars" in the other series, doesn't mean a change couldn't happen here.

For those who say he would ruin the purity of the series, I don't see the big deal in it. The game was made to use the Nintendo all stars in a brawl of fights to have fun. It wasn’t made to be upholded to being Nintendo purity. That was the plot for the last two to have a fun experience, and as I said it could very well change. Even if you may feel this way about it, it’s not like you have to play as Sonic in the game. I don't think it fair that just because the opinion of not Upholding the purity comes up that it has to ruin the game for everyone else who may believe in the fun of smash.

As for my opinion on the matter, I do think he should be in there. It would be fun to see such a deserved character fight along the Nintendo cast. It may even be possibly fun for other popular third parties to be in there, but that’s not my concern now

DooDah

BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Well Super Mario RPG has Culex, who is definitely not the intellectual property of anyone at nintendo. Just look at him. His appearance has Final Fantasy written all over it.

[P.S. I know, I was WAAAY late with that.]
It was made by Square you n00b.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
This was also a good point on it being fun by Mcfox:

[quote<Mcfox9>Sonic should be in SSB3. You know why?

...No, just be quiet and listen.

...No, I don't care if it's "Nintendo All-Stars" waa waa waah.

Cry me a river. Sonic should be in SSB3 because IT WOULD BE FUN.

I've seen the "*cry* But... *sniff* Smash Brothers is about Nintendo All-Stars! *sniffle*"

WHO CARES.

It would be fun.

There should be no other determining factor, from our side of the game. The developers have to worry about costs, collaboration with another company, etc. All we have to worry about is HAVING FUN.

Having Sonic in Smash would be FUN.

End of story.

Good night.[/quote]

<McFox9>Quote:
Originally Posted by commonyoshi
i wouldnt like it if they were in the game. yes i am a purist. in fact all the purists i know all love nintendo a lot. all the non purists i know dont love nintendo as much as the rest of us.

Trading "purity" for "fun" doesn't seem very fun from where I'm sitting. But maybe that's because I don't love Nintendo as much as you do. I only own every Nintendo system ever made except the NES and Virtuaboy. My two favorite video games of all time are Nintendo game (Zelda: OOT, and Mario RPG: LotSS). And oh yeah, I went to the store an hour and a half early the day the Gamecube came out just so I could get one.

But then again, I also like to have fun, regardless of "purity," so I guess I don't love Nintendo as much as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekyelur
If sega characters entered why not have better ones like animes or something or Masterchief from HAlo2

Because, like Kokichi said, having Sonic the Hedgehog in the game is not the same thing as "adding Sega characters." We're not talking about adding a bunch of non-Nintendo characters. The question is if Sonic the Hedgehog should be in the game. He, along with Mario, are the greatest video game stars of all time. Don't tell me Master Chief comes anywhere close. Ask any old person or girl on the street today, they won't now who Master Chief is, but they will recognize the names Sonic and Mario. They are the most recognizable video game characters ever created, and the idea of having them in a game together (a fighting game, no less) would be incredibly fun.

But then, there I go again, talking about fun. I should be worried about whether or not Sonic was made by Shigeru Miyamoto.

DooDah

BRoomer
Omg shut up please. Sonic will not be in the next smash. Nintendo makes money off of smash just fine.Putting sonic will do nothing for Nintendo.They're not goona change the whole concept of NINTENDO CHARACTERS BATTLEING IT OUT WITHOUT ANY INTERFERENCE FROM OTHER 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS.If they wanted sonic in smash they would have done it when the 2nd smash came out,at the time when sega was in hole.Now pleez shut up, cuz sonic won't be in the next smash,but It'd cool if he was.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Lange you've made a good argument but Sonic is not a likely candidate because SSB was created for Nintendo all-stars not Sega all-stars. The original SSB commercial said Nintendo's greatest stars battle it out! Not Sega, Hudson and Capcom stars fight! Lange you've got to watch those double-posts they can get you into trouble sometimes don't post more than once without another members post in beetween. Good argument, bad idea!

DooDah

BRoomer
Pustulio please stop posting. You're only 12.You were like 5 when the first smash came out and like 8 when melee came out.And here in florida we all talk on the fone whil we sit on the "jon",so i guess you're calling all of florida freaks.

And u forgot to put a "," in between sometimes and don't on the last line of you're 12 year old paragraph.

DooDah

BRoomer
Ouch that hurts coming from some1 who thinks.....well nvm you're way too young to hear what I am gonna tell you.

Are you even old enough to use that kind of language or did u just put 4 of these things"*" to make it look like u cursed?

Tipem

Smash Rookie
Hehe, it looks like it's very close between "Yes" and "No."

I voted no. Why? Sonic is not Nintendo-yish. Imagine seeing Mario in Halo 2 (overexaggeration, but I'm making a point nonetheless). It's just too not... Nintendoish.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Well, even though Sonic isn't exclusively a Nintendo character, and will appear on the X-Box 360 and the PS3 in the not too distant future, I think another character could never hurt. Especially since when SEGA went down the tube, he stayed on the 'Cube for a while.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
StripesOrBars said:
Ouch that hurts coming from some1 who thinks.....well nvm you're way too young to hear what I am gonna tell you.

Are you even old enough to use that kind of language or did u just put 4 of these things"*" to make it look like u cursed?
let me tell you that i am 13 and i (somtime but not all the time) use curs wourds.
and ppl like me haft to grow up fast cose wen your mom and dad ar split up you grow up vary fast

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
My point exactly rezz!
"Look at me I'm Stripes Or Bars and I'm better than you because I'm 20 and your 14"
You obviously can't do subtraction are you sure you where born in 1986 because most people can do a simple subtraction problem like that when they're 10.

2006-1992= 14

Lange

Smash Journeyman
hey stripes, will you just do us a favor and leave the topic if you are going to flame people and talk about rediculous off topic stuff? I know pustulio is going to be 14 because I live in the same town as him and know him as a friend. Its a question of what age you are. 3? 2 to young to have a simple disscussion? This is a thread about Sonic disscussion not about useless age talk.

Top Bottom