• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Sonic games are fun and he would be a fun character but I'm against all 3rd party characters for SSB I don't hate the characters I just don't want them in the SSB series.
Keep Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman and other third party stars out of the SSB series.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Guys dont take stripes comments that seriously, he may have said it, but tha age thing doesnt really affect him( I doubt he cares...he jus said it to bother u) , so dont let it affect u either

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Sonic isn't a Nintendo character, and as far a I know Nintendo does not have exclusive rights to Sonic in video games. Thus, I strongly doubt he will appear in the super smash brothers game for the Nintendo Revolution. However, I don't really care if he is or not.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
StripesOrBars said:
Pustulio please stop posting. You're only 12.You were like 5 when the first smash came out and like 8 when melee came out.And here in florida we all talk on the fone whil we sit on the "jon",so i guess you're calling all of florida freaks.

And u forgot to put a "," in between sometimes and don't on the last line of you're 12 year old paragraph.
Okay, Stripes. I don't mean to just join a bandwagon here, but you set yourself up for it.

The correct punctuation in Pustulio's circumstance would have been a period, which looks like this "." And he left it out more than once. Such is the Internet. Get over it. I think you're really just releasing pent up anger on 12 year old cyber-kids to satisfy the ubiquitous cannibal ego, which really doesn't make you any more respectable, just...sad. Pick on people your own size, or get a punching bag.

By the way, SMRPG, was a collaboration game, meaning both Nintendo and Square worked on it. Since figures of which company did which actions and programming have never been released to the public, you can't say that the game was made entirely or even in majority by Square. Granted it's unlike any Nintendo game I've ever played, which would imply more development on Square's side, but Having Mario, Bowser, Toad, and Peach, do effectively make it a Mario game, which inductively makes it a Nintendo game.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Koops said:
Yeah I'm only 13 aswell and I swear all the time but I stick to rules on these sites but anyway, sonic would be a nice addition but it would kinda ruin it IMO because they might take it out of hand as they do with many games.

take it out of hand how?

DooDah

Banned via Administration
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Okay, Stripes. I don't mean to just join a bandwagon here, but you set yourself up for it.

The correct punctuation in Pustulio's circumstance would have been a period, which looks like this "." And he left it out more than once. Such is the Internet. Get over it. I think you're really just releasing pent up anger on 12 year old cyber-kids to satisfy the ubiquitous cannibal ego, which really doesn't make you any more respectable, just...sad. Pick on people your own size, or get a punching bag.

By the way, SMRPG, was a collaboration game, meaning both Nintendo and Square worked on it. Since figures of which company did which actions and programming have never been released to the public, you can't say that the game was made entirely or even in majority by Square. Granted it's unlike any Nintendo game I've ever played, which would imply more development on Square's side, but Having Mario, Bowser, Toad, and Peach, do effectively make it a Mario game, which inductively makes it a Nintendo game.
Square made MarioRPG,Nintendo published it.Thank you.

Now,like I was saying; Pustulio and your gang of 12 year olds(At least u sound like you're 12)have nothing to put into this convo..This topic should be closed cuz it's the same crap being said coming from differnt people.I'm tired of seeing sonic should be in because(insert stupid ******** reason here). Or sonic can't be in it because(insert logical reason here).Cuz its the same 5 things being said from both sides.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I"m not 12(18) but I feel like it would be interesting to see sonic in a future Smash Bros. Game. It would be a new charecter to hone skills on. And adding Sonic would not RUIN the series. Just because hes there doesn't mean he's taking over. Plus, I'd like to see other chars like Simon Belmont, Alucard, Megaman, Veiwtiful Joe, Ryu, Cervantes, Nightmare, Llyod, Kratos, and others that are not own by Nintendo but Nintendo related. I would not like to see crash, spyro, Masterchief, or any game chars like that becuase they never really supported Nintendo.

DooDah

BRoomer
Deo_Smash said:
I"m not 12(18) but I feel like it would be interesting to see sonic in a future Smash Bros. Game. It would be a new charecter to hone skills on. And adding Sonic would not RUIN the series. Just because hes there doesn't mean he's taking over. Plus, I'd like to see other chars like Simon Belmont, Alucard, Megaman, Veiwtiful Joe, Ryu, Cervantes, Nightmare, Llyod, Kratos, and others that are not own by Nintendo but Nintendo related. I would not like to see crash, spyro, Masterchief, or any game chars like that becuase they never really supported Nintendo.
All of those characters excpet maybe 2 have nothing to do with nintendo whatsoever.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
While we're on the topic of third party characters how about my suggestions? If there are any 3rd party characters I'd say Bomberman, Earthworm Jim and Bad Mr. Frosty (clayfighter).

I don't want them in but they're my favorite 3rd party characters. Bomberman and Clayfighter only appeared in Nintendo games but I'm not sure about Jim.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Sincerely not, just because he's not even in the Nintendo franchise. There's game like Marvel vs Capcom where you got 2 different worlds fighting each others, but smash is more about Big N based mscot. For that reason I wish to simply see more Zelda, EarthBound, Donkey Kong and Mario's charcaters.

DooDah

BRoomer
Pustulio said:
While we're on the topic of third party characters how about my suggestions? If there are any 3rd party characters I'd say Bomberman, Earthworm Jim and Bad Mr. Frosty (clayfighter).

I don't want them in but they're my favorite 3rd party characters. Bomberman and Clayfighter only appeared in Nintendo games but I'm not sure about Jim.
No bomerman has been on all systems.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I don't know. Sonic would probably be a cool SSB character, but Sonic games are for all systems. Sega isn't teamed up with any company, so if they put in Sonic, they might as well put in other third party characters, like characters from Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Turok, Metal Gear, Rayman, etc.

But if Nintendo and Sega were teamed up, and Sonic was a Nintendo only thing, I'd probably say yes. That wouldn't be much different than putting characters like Geno and Mallow, who weren't made by Nintendo, but are Nintendo specific. Well, it would still be different because Sonic is much more a Sega thing, even if Sega started only making Sonic games for Nintendo.

But on the other hand, Sonic could make a great Smash character. Maybe he could be with Tails, like the Ice Climbers. And then, like, Tails would be all...flying. And stuff. Err, now that I think about it, it would probably be pretty wierd if Tails was like that.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Sonic in the next Super Smash Bros. since I'm a Sonic fan myself, but this will probably never happen considering what Smash Bros. is (Clash of the Nintendo All-Stars). If Yuji Naka and the rest of SonicTeam were to permanently join Nintendo, giving Nintendo exclusive rights to all of Sonic the Hedgehog, then Sonic will be in it. Other than that, Sonic will never, ever be in Super Smash Brothers.

Jsm2

Smash Rookie
I would love to have sonic and all those other sonic characters but Super smash bros. is a game of nintendo's historical and recent characters brawl in one 4 way match. So why ask what we can't get.

DooDah

BRoomer
Perfect Chaos said:
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Sonic in the next Super Smash Bros. since I'm a Sonic fan myself, but this will probably never happen considering what Smash Bros. is (Clash of the Nintendo All-Stars). If Yuji Naka and the rest of SonicTeam were to permanently join Nintendo, giving Nintendo exclusive rights to all of Sonic the Hedgehog, then Sonic will be in it. Other than that, Sonic will never, ever be in Super Smash Brothers.
Thank you.The one and only sane person in here besides me.

BLoOdY_oL_ChAP

Smash Rookie
Part of me really wants Sonic to be in this because it would be soooo incredibly novel and cool to see a beautifully Revolution-rendered duel between Mario and Sonic; a complete throwback to the original console mascot wars!

However, I also am inclined to agree with the popular "Nintendo All-Stars ONLY" group since it would help maintain consistency and the overall "feel" of the game.

A lot of my real life friends have been inquiring as to whether characters like Cloud/Sephiroth/etc. will be in the game. Something was said about Nintendo getting access to Square/Enix again so that this might be possible.

And so with that, if we make a non-nintendo exception for Sonic, then for better or worse, we make exceptions for other potentially cool (or ridiculous) characters such as the ever famous FFVII crew that made the Sony Playstation so popular.

I guess I'm still torn, but those are my feelings on the matter. I think either way, as long as the developers do a great job with the game's engine and character balance, I will still love SSBR.

SPARTAN

Smash Cadet
Sonic would be an awesome character to add. There aren't many good "NINTENDO ALL STAR CHARACTERS" left that they haven't already put in the game anyways so you sonic haters can cut the crap!

Inky_Blott

Smash Apprentice
Insulting Eggman's intelligence, whilst making my
that 1 guy said:
Actually I would probably like to see tails instead of sonic, but that's just me.
I agree, Tails has always seemed to have more variety in the way he attacks opposed to Sonic...Sonic Battle he had a blaster at his command and Chu Chu Bombs. He could tail swipe, and he could spin dash as good as Sonic.

Sonic's moves would be pretty limited from what I've seen...maybe a Chaos Control, a spin dash and a homing attack, but that's all I can think of.

I also worry that Sonic will be TOO fast and simply run off the edge. In Sonic R, he had pretty poor grip, so I can imagine him sliding around like Luigi, and zip...straight off the ledge.

If they DO put Sonic in, they should put Tails and Knuckles in too. Not Shadow tho...we already have enough clone characters.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
StripesOrBars said:
Thank you.The one and only sane person in here besides me.
Other people said the exact same thing just in different words and your going to say that there are only 2 sane people in this thread?

Also SPARTAN you need to realize that just because someone doesn't want Sonic in SSBR doesn't mean they hate Sonic just that they don't want to see him in the game!

SPARTAN

Smash Cadet
Pustulio, StripesOrBars is right about the sane remark because oviously your not sane!

Lange

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you know what you are talking about only 2 sane people in this thread? Thats over judging you don't know that. Also, you don't friggin know if Pustulio is sane, he hasn't said anything that would not be sane. So lay off.

DooDah

BRoomer
Lange said:
I don't think you know what you are talking about only 2 sane people in this thread? Thats over judging you don't know that. Also, you don't friggin know if Pustulio is sane, he hasn't said anything that would not be sane. So lay off.
It's Pustulio's body guard everyone.Calm down little dude(little as in very young).No need to wet your pants.I understand how u feel.when i was 8 i was the sam way u guys in wyoming were.....when i was 8...not 13....

Lange

Smash Journeyman
StripesOrBars said:
It's Pustulio's body guard everyone.Calm down little dude(little as in very young).No need to wet your pants.I understand how u feel.when i was 8 i was the sam way u guys in wyoming were.....when i was 8...not 13....
You know what, you guys just think you can team up against Pustulio and I, and it all be funny. Well guess what, I don't have time for your immature little games, or give a crap about your critisism. I have better things to do than sit in threads and harrass people. So if you think I give a frig less I don't, so do something better wiht your time than act like your 2 years old and try to piss people off with your stupid remarks.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
SPARTAN said:
AND DON'T CORRECT ME, I don't like being corrected by a 14 year old!
SPARTAN you can't stop me from correcting you even if I'm on your Ignore list I can still correct you. Lange is not my bodygaurd he's someone at my school who is actually respectful to people younger than him. You guys should be setting an example for younger people they shouldn't have to set a good example for you. It seems to me that a 14 year old is a lot more mature than you considering how I try to stay on topic instead of starting an argument about age because someone remembers a commercial. SPARTAN and Stripes if your older than Lange and I than act that way. Act your age not your shoe size.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
No It's not like that here considering how small our population is. In fact our state is drunk like 24/7. We have 3 sex offenders right here in Uinta County, Wyoming which is only about 5 towns. Lyman, Kemmerer, Star Valley, Brider Valley and Evanston.

Top Bottom