• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Oh, he's the only other Echidna (The same race as Knuckles) to survive whatever killed them all. He turns up on the floating island looking like a good guy, but then uses his knowledge of the islands internal defences to hijack one of the guardian robots and drains all the power out of the master emerald, causing the island to fall, but before he could leave on the guardian, Knuckles hurled a rock at the things neck joint, severing the head (With all the controls) from the wings/body, causing him to fall back to mobius, supposedly to his death. Knuckles then ends up hotwiring the head of the android into the emerald chamber, using it as a surrogate master emerald, and then Zachery - much later in the series, turns up half mecha, as he'd managed to hotwire the body half way down and get the wings active just in time to avoid being compleatly killed upon impact, but he still lost like half his face. Eggman ends up finding him and rebuilding him in exchange for information on how to get past the barrier around the floating island, where most of the people from the emerald hills were hiding.

Butyeah, simply put - imagine an old, white version of Knuckles with half a mecha body and a giant cannon in place of an arm. Samus that can glide anybody?

I can dream can't I? D:

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
NO NON-NINTENDO CHARACTERS!!!!! If Nintendo buys Sega and Sega becomes a part of Nintendo, like Pixar and Disney, ten it would be okay! But seriously, thats as bad as putting Darth Vader in because he has some Nintendo games.

kaid

Smash Master
Tell me, have any of you nay-sayers seen the article on how Sega and Hudson are making Genisis and TurboGraphix games playable on the Virtual Console? Have any of you thought about the degree of cooperation that implies? Sega and Nintendo were archnemisis's in the past, but what could be more cliche than two ancient rivals teaming up to take out a greater foe?

Sega and Nintendo (and Hudson) have far more in common with each other than with Microsoft and Sony. All three small companies were in the console race to make fun games, and make profit from game sales. Microsoft and Sony are in to get 3rd parties to make fun games for them, and make profit off licencing without raising a finger themselves.

IMO, if Sega, Square, and Rare all went Nintendo Exclusive, the console wars would be over.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
sonic..ssbr...meh. i mean, there's pichu...y not sonic (who's much cooler) >_>
revolution will be able to play gensis games on it's download play, so, i wouldnt be surpised if i see a blue hedge hog in ssbr

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dont mind sonic could be a cool edition his up b would be one of those spring things out of the sonic games(you know there red and bake that cool "boing" sound

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
New guy here putting in his two cents.

I admit I'm excited by the thought of Sonic being in the game but it would have to be just him, not any one else. No Knuckles, Rockman, or Master Chief (especially no Master Chief).

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Vasilicus said:
NO NON-NINTENDO CHARACTERS!!!!! If Nintendo buys Sega and Sega becomes a part of Nintendo, like Pixar and Disney, ten it would be okay! But seriously, thats as bad as putting Darth Vader in because he has some Nintendo games.
but darth vader would be cool

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I WANT TINKY WINKY IN SSBR!

Tinky Winky> SSBR > Sonic.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
That's like saying that since Atari cooperated with Nintendo on a couple of things that we should have Q*Bert in there. Come on, SSBM is Nintendo's tribute to itself. Sega isn't Nintendo.

DOn't you dare say "But Q*Bert would be cool!".

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Vasilicus said:
That's like saying that since Atari cooperated with Nintendo on a couple of things that we should have Q*Bert in there. Come on, SSBM is Nintendo's tribute to itself. Sega isn't Nintendo.

DOn't you dare say "But Q*Bert would be cool!".
but Q*bert would be cool.
HA, i said it,what are you gonna do about it, huh?

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I think of sonic in ssb.. I keep thinking of him being like fox except for somethings:

Down-B: Charge or do spin attack.
Up-B: like firefox
Foward-B: Illusion (It's sonic)
Neutral-B: (I can't think of this one..)

DROK

Smash Rookie
I think Sonic in SSBR would be great. Variety is good and having Sonic and Tails or Knuckles would definitly be a good change. It would be fun.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just so you could have knuckles and tails. And we could finally prove that Nontendo is better than sony. So we'd have him so we could beat him.

Hehe.

yoshiguy96

Smash Rookie
of course he should i would love to see marios but get kicked by sonic lol
so i voted yes cuz im a sonic fan

Omadon

XZalla said:
No he shouldn't, never will be, leave it alone.
Explain Why. Explain the exact cons of having more characters? The statement contradicts itself! So long as we assume that the characters won't be poorley made, having more characters cannot Possibly detract from the game! Just because You disslike a character, doesnt mean that it won't be adapted properly, and become a viable character, and having more decent, varied characters is without any kind of doubt an improvement. This whole debate is bloody invalid o__o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lord Rust said:
Explain Why. Explain the exact cons of having more characters? The statement contradicts itself! So long as we assume that the characters won't be poorley made, having more characters cannot Possibly detract from the game! Just because You disslike a character, doesnt mean that it won't be adapted properly, and become a viable character, and having more decent, varied characters is without any kind of doubt an improvement. This whole debate is bloody invalid o__o
Same with you, just because you like Sonic it doesnt means he'll actually be in the game. For example: "Hey I like Bob the Builder, wouldnt it be cool if he wasn't in SSBR? He had GBA games."

Ofcoarse Sonic is more populair then Bob the Builder but I just hope he isnt in. I preffer old skool all Ninty chars.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Lord Rust said:
The reason why Sonic shouldn't be on SSBR is because he's a Sega character and not a Nintendo character. I don't think I should explain the cons of having more character because I didn't say a **** thing about it. AND NO I DON'T DISLIKE SONIC neither do I care.. Now this is the second time to say I DIDN'T SAY A **** THING IT.

*Now if you want Sonic to be in the SSBR, go to sleep and dream about it dammit*
;)

roy2

Smash Apprentice
SmashChu said:
As much as I like Sonic, he should stay out of SSB.
I agree, i like sonic but i think it should stay nintendo. Imagine if they let sonic in it, then think how many other non nintendo characters would work there way in. im not saying non nintendo characters would be a bad thing but there would probably be a lot of poor characters.

Omadon

What is it with all these stupid assumptions? The question is not "Should we open the gate to non-nintendo characters?" The question is should we have Sonic characters? It's a crazed, horrible string of assumptions and paranoia that Having Sonic = omg were gonna have tuns of other characters, which will Obviously be ****e. Okay, lemme rephrase the question.

For the purposes of a simple yes/no answer, assume the following statements are true.

1) While it was originaly the purpose of smash, it was never stated that it would never have non-nintendo characters, nor is there any kind of reason why Nintendo Characters > Other Characters. There is absolutly No possible thing to be gained by exclusivity other than a smaller base of characters. Which isn't a gain at all.

2) If Sonic characters were put in, they would be made to the same standard that the other characters already were.

3) This doesnt automaticaly mean that other characters are going to be thrown in, This question concerns Sonic and the characters within Sonic games alone.

With those assumptions in mind, all of which are actualy true, and not just assumptions, how can one possibly say no?

FURTHERMORE.

Another question. While it was a selling point of SSB/SSBM that it was Nintendo characters - where did they say that they were going to only use them? Correct me if I'm wrong but Ness/Marth/Roy arent Nintendo characters? Should they have been excluded for not being Nintendo characters?

The Realist

Smash Cadet
Why should it matter? It's not going to hurt them in any way. Fanboys need to open their eyes. I say yeah, let 'em in. Nothing wrong with it.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Lord Rust said:
Another question. While it was a selling point of SSB/SSBM that it was Nintendo characters - where did they say that they were going to only use them? Correct me if I'm wrong but Ness/Marth/Roy arent Nintendo characters? Should they have been excluded for not being Nintendo characters?
They are Nintendo. They just aren't as promoted as the other nintedo chars so you probably haven't heard of them.

Black Luigi

Smash Journeyman
ZERO MERCY said:
I say why not. they have solid snake. Sonic would make a good ssb character. besides i would like to see a fight betwwen mario and sonic.
Although that would be a great fight, I'd like Sonic to stay OUT of the game. Snake is already in it, and I'm not too crazy about that either, but Sonic in a nintendo all-stars game would just make the universe collapse in on itself.

I grew up during the Genesis/Snes wars, defending sonic from fanboys. I don't want to see him in this game. It'd hurt too much.

Top Bottom