• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'd love it. I personally don't care "where" the characterse are from, just that the game is fun and competitive, and having more diverse characters could make things quite interesting. I mean sure Game and watch and mewwto are 'nintendo' but they are not nintendo all stars any more than sonic is, seirously.

Kozzymoto

Smash Apprentice
I think a good idea for the next poll should be whether the voter is right-handed, left-handed or ambidextrous.

As for this poll i think its up to hal so i dont really care.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I see no reason he SHOULDN'T be in SSBR. It's all but guaranteed that we're getting more Pokémon in the next Smash game, and I certainly think that Sonic probably deserves to be in SSBR more than those additional Pokémon.

DooDah

Banned via Administration
BRoomer
EdreesesPieces said:
I'd love it. I personally don't care "where" the characterse are from, just that the game is fun and competitive, and having more diverse characters could make things quite interesting. I mean sure Game and watch and mewwto are 'nintendo' but they are not nintendo all stars any more than sonic is, seirously.
That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Nintendo didn't make Sonic, they did however make Mew2 and Game & Watch. Sonic is not a "Nintendo Allstar".

teh_spamerer said:
I see no reason he SHOULDN'T be in SSBR. It's all but guaranteed that we're getting more Pokémon in the next Smash game, and I certainly think that Sonic probably deserves to be in SSBR more than those additional Pokémon.
What reason should he be in it then? He has no affiliation with Nintendo. Pokemon are NINTENDO characters. Sonic is. ANY nintendo character deserves to be in the next smash over any other 3rd party character.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
StripesOrBars
What reason should he be in it then?
It would be fun.

StripesOrBars
Sonic is.
Sonic is what?

StripesOrBars
ANY nintendo character deserves to be in the next smash over any other 3rd party character.
What about Gyarados?

StripesOrBars
That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
Then apparently you don't read your own posts.

Kozzymoto
I think a good idea for the next poll should be whether the voter is right-handed, left-handed or ambidextrous.
I think it's a good thing for the rest of us that you don't make the polls.

lilmiah #101
if Sonic is not in the game, its not like I'll cry or something
It's okay to cry, you don't have to hide your emotions here.

xianfeng
yes because captain falcon, the fire emblem characters, link and others are so kiddy right
HALF

DooDah

BRoomer
None of that did anything for this thread freeman. It was all just stupid responses. I agree that Sonic would be cool in the next smash.But it won't happen. And "it would be fun" isn't a good enough reason for him to be in it.

And i meant to say Sonic isN'T.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
StripesOrBars
And "it would be fun" isn't a good enough reason for him to be in it.
Why isn't it? What more of a reason do you need? Sure you could argue that SSB is Nintendo Allstars & that adding any 3rd party characters would completely disrupt the basic premise of the game, but those of us who aren't trying to avoid ever getting laid know that the only thing that matters is that it would make the game fun.

I voted for 'I don't care'. I wouldn't miss Sonic if he wasn't in it, but I wouldn't care if he was either. I just think the people who think that he can't possibly be in it or that he shouldn't because he wasn't made by Nintendo are ******. I had to censor it, because apparently directly calling someone stupid gets you warned now.

Awesome! 200 posts!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kaid said:
Xian: He meant the other half. Mario, Yoshistory, Kirby, DK, diddy and dixiy, ect.
It's spelt dixie and also the way he said he wasn't being very broad and I knew he was refering to them I just thaught I would show him how broad that statement was

freeman123 said:
be more specific next time

freeman123 said:
It's okay to cry, you don't have to hide your emotions here.
if he's not in the next one I will cry from happiness.

~Xian

xianfeng

Smash Hero
freeman123 said:
It's spelled spelled.

I said half the first time. It's not my fault if you can't read.
I know but saying half is still very broad you didn't say which half

kaid said:
99 to 100, the majority outweighs you, Stripes, and Xiafeng.
That's because we are pure smashers and care about the purity of the series, and we will still win in the end because Sonic won't be in it and I can almost garnetee that

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, end to end the 3rd poll after the first week, we have 100 tallies for yes, 99 for no, and 72 for whatever.

*Unstickies*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WHy do I have the feel that the poll was modified by a mod...? <.<

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
None of that did anything for this thread freeman. It was all just stupid responses. I agree that Sonic would be cool in the next smash.But it won't happen. And "it would be fun" isn't a good enough reason for him to be in it.

And i meant to say Sonic isN'T.

what,why?

I voted for 'I don't care'. I wouldn't miss Sonic if he wasn't in it, but I wouldn't care if he was either. I just think the people who think that he can't possibly be in it or that he shouldn't because he wasn't made by Nintendo are ******. I had to censor it, because apparently directly calling someone stupid gets you warned now.

no one can be sure that sonic isint in the next smash.
if he's not in the next one I will cry from happiness.

dont hate on sonic cuz hes not a "nintendo all-star"

That's because we are pure smashers and care about the purity of the series, and we will still win in the end because Sonic won't be in it and I can almost garnetee that

ALMOST dosen't cut it,you cant perdict what nintendo is gonna do next,sonic is now a third party NINTENDO CHARACTER,its not like "is goku gonna be in the next smash" or somthing that would be stupid.

WHy do I have the feel that the poll was modified by a mod...? <.<

because the thread was made by a mod.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I loved playing Sonic games as a kid more than I loved playing Mario games..... Until dreamcast came along...

But anyways, I think to satisfy you people who want Smash Bros. to stay an all "NINTENDO" character game... Then keep Sonic out of the next smash bros. But then create like a spinoff where Nintendo would mix in with other characters that are not... eh.. Mainly nintendo.. Such as Sonic... Or Knuckles I really want knuckles. Or maybe even vectorman. But yeah.. That game would be something like Capcom vs. Snk or Marvel vs. Capcom. SO yeah... Problem solved I guess..

Tri_taga

Smash Cadet
StripesOrBars said:
Sonic won't be in the next game.End thread.
Nintendo legally bought sonic, to be blunt. He could join, not easily probably, but its possible.

Impossible? No, improbable.

DooDah

BRoomer
Tri_taga said:
Nintendo legally bought sonic, to be blunt. He could join, not easily probably, but its possible.

Impossible? No, improbable.
..............You've got to be kidding me. Who are you?That is without a doubt, THE STUPIDEST THING written in this thread. So I guess since nintendo "legally owns sonic", they're just helping microsoft and sony out by releasing sonic games for their consoles(ps2 and xbox).

And if nintendo did buy sonic then yes he would be in in it you tard. It wouldn't be Impossible or improbable, it would be.Period.

Oh and stfu...please.

Sandbox

Smash Cadet
NO NO NO, Smash is for nintendo made characters, not nintendo wannabes. Anyway what would he do besides be really fast and his little spin? Throw rings at you?

Top Bottom