• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #15 - Do You Watch Anime?

Do You Watch Anime?

• いつも (Absolutely, I even go to AnimeCons!)

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • よく (Yeah, I love to watch it! らせんがん!)

Votes: 143 38.6%
  • ときどき (I'll watch it sometimes)

Votes: 101 27.3%
  • あまり (Once in a blue moon, if ever...)

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • ぜんぜん (Not at all, anime sucks!)

Votes: 38 10.3%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
So we've been having a lot of polls geared towards SSBM, but it's nice to take a break and have a few polls to get to know the players and the community; to find some common ground and interest that we all share. Obvioiusly SSBM is one of those - we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for SSBM in the first place.

So, how about anime? Do most people here only play videogames, or does anyone dabble in some good ol' Japanese anime? I personally really enjoy good anime (like Bleach), but hate horrible anime (.hack//sign). Currently I'm about 20-30 and the 2nd movie behind on Naruto, ~15 eps of Bleach, the Reflections FMA special, and I have a ton of complete anime series that I need to watch that I have burnt onto DVD, but just haven't the time with my heavy school work load.

So, what about the rest of ya, chi?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lol, yeah I'm pretty big on anime/manga, its a good past time and most of the time the story is solid with few holes..>_> .hack gets much <3 from me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just Naruto and Bleach here.

Incidently, has the Naruto fillers finished yet?

Jasona

Smash Ace
lol @ torrents. During my 7 month vacation from smash, I got into watching anime. Angelic layer, elfen leid, fruits basket, princess tutu (lol), and so many more. lol @ cheap-as-free anime

Kais

Smash Ace
Mic_128 said:
Just Naruto and Bleach here.

Incidently, has the Naruto fillers finished yet?
Good god no. You can look forward to about 22 more episodes of filler....those Nazis. I've stopped watching the filler altogether.

And Kokichi, .hack//SIGN is just kinda different really. It's like watching Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, or Paranoia Agent. Looking at it from that perspective helps the show out alot. Also, playing the games helps too. XD Currently, my favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

Anybody second that?

~Kais

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kais said:
You can look forward to about 22 more episodes of filler
Oh god......

I've only recently started watching the filler since Bringer started downloading them again (probably to finish his collection)

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
Kais said:
Good god no. You can look forward to about 22 more episodes of filler....those Nazis. I've stopped watching the filler altogether.

And Kokichi, .hack//SIGN is just kinda different really. It's like watching Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, or Paranoia Agent. Looking at it from that perspective helps the show out alot. Also, playing the games helps too. XD Currently, my favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

Anybody second that?

~Kais
I got your back there brother :p.

Kais

Smash Ace
F8X said:
We can all agree on the Naruto fillers, ugg

Anyway of course I watch anime, although I should try getting into some new stuff.
Got any recommendations anyone?
Yeah, what do you watch/read? I figure manga counts too.

~Kais

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
Kokichi said:
...but just haven't the time with my heavy school work .
I would just like to point out that school work tends to get in the way of a lot of things and therefore needs to be </3
Yes anime is something that i like to watch in whatever spare time i have that is not taken up by school/videogames/life in general. I do like to settle down before sleeping with a good manga book though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't exclude American anime! In which category, there is exactly one good show: Avatar: The Last Airbender. Forget that it's on Nickelodeon. It's one of the best shows ever, animated or not.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Anime rocks, but english dubs almost always suck.

Which probably leads to some people who only watch the dubs to think that anime sucks.

Bleh

Player00

Smash Journeyman
EVANGELION EVANGELION EVANGELION EVANGELION EVANGELION EVANGELION

Not only is it the best anime of all time, it's the best show I've ever seen. Evangelion is my unofficial religion...

phish-it

Smash Champion
I haven't watched anime since what, Pokemon? (If you even want to count that) Infact, I hardly watch TV at all these days....

TeH_SeX

Smash Rookie
I used to love all the adult swim shows:Trigun,Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha. I really like that Samurai Champloo show its very very nice. As for my sad sad brother, he is always watching those Naruto episodes he Dl's with the lights dimmed and some lotion next to him. Poor guy...

REØ

Smash Lord
i used to watch dbz and naruto because there awsome powers caught my attention, but now these days i rarely watch tv i just play video games

Wuss

Smash Champion
Yo, back in the day, Yu Yu Hakasho was the shizniz holmes. It was off the hook man. Did anyone watch that? The Dark tournament was such a good season.

F8X

Smash Ace
Champloo is Great, as well as evangelion.

Does anyone have an exact translation of what asuka says at the end of evangelion, or is it lost in translation.

Kais said:
Yeah, what do you watch/read? I figure manga counts too.

~Kais
I've gotten into mostly adult swim stuff, but I'm trying to extend my field.

I've watched, EVA, Naruto, Champloo, Avatar(a little). Theres probaly more.

And easy on the fillers. I can take naruto, but not another dbz

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
Whoever in here hasnt seen AKira, u need 2 before u die. but the best anime out right now that has warped my mind is black cat, Tenjo tenge, bleach and Full metal alchemist ( FMA the movie was crazy YO!!!!!!!!)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
They are a rare treat for me. I dont really have any access to anime. I have seen three Naruto episodes and one movie and they were brain numbingly awesome. Stupid homework also gets in my way. I can't wait until summer. Marth 05, your sig had me captivated for like twenty seconds.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I hate filler episodes which is why I hate most anime. I can handle some but series like DBZ went too far. I do watch a couple pretty regularly though.

Sey Styles 22

Smash Rookie
Personal favs are Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, FMA, and Flame of Recca. Stopped watchin Naruto thanks to the year + of fillers.... and incase anyone didnt know, Bleach should start airing on [Adult Swim] this Sept...

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
I personaly think that most gamers like anime in one way or another.

I like Slayers, Bleach, Trigun, Proton, Get Backers, and some others. In gerenal, I like anything that is animated in one way or another. Megas XLR is one of my favorite cartoons of all time, but Cartoon Network does not show it anymore. :(

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Anime is good, but I haven't gone to a con yet. Favorites right now...Evangelion, FMA, Naruto, (Even with the fillers, I have nothing better to do but download and watch it on thursday. ^.^,) Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorry for the double post. :ohwell: :chuckle: :chuckle:

F8X said:
Champloo is Great, as well as evangelion.

Does anyone have an exact translation of what asuka says at the end of evangelion, or is it lost in translation.

I've gotten into mostly adult swim stuff, but I'm trying to extend my field.

I've watched, EVA, Naruto, Champloo, Avatar(a little). Theres probaly more.

And easy on the fillers. I can take naruto, but not another dbz
In the DvD for End of Evangelion, it says that the translation at the very end is, "Pathetic."

Player00 said:

Not only is it the best anime of all time, it's the best show I've ever seen. Evangelion is my unofficial religion...
You do realize, that Evangelion at least has a little to do with Evangelism, a sect of Christianity...So it COULD be your religion...

F8X

Smash Ace
Nicholas.Riddle said:
Sorry for the double post. :ohwell: :chuckle: :chuckle:

F8X said:
Does anyone have an exact translation of what Asuka says at the end of Evangelion, or is it lost in translation.
In the DvD for End of Evangelion, it says that the translation at the very end is, "Pathetic.".
I've heard many things about the last words

I've heard it translated as disgusting, & I feel sick, but never pathetic.
I'm still contemplating the meaning of those words. I pretty much had no problems with the references and some of the other deep meanings of the series but those words I still can't figure out.

I heard that the Naruto fillers were ending after to-days ep

183 3 May 2006 星は輝きを増して Hoshi wa kagayaki o ma****e "The star grows in radiance"
184 17 May 2006 犬塚キバのなが~い一 日 Inuzuka Kiba no naga~i ichinichi "Inuzuka Kiba's looooong day"
185 24 May 2006 この葉隠れの伝説 オンバアは実在した!! Kono Hagakure no Densetsu, Onbaa wa jitsuzai ****a!! "This Hidden Leaf's legend, Onbaa existed!!"
186 31 May 2006 笑うシノ Warau Shino "Laughing Shino"

^^Still don't know!! :laugh:

edit: LOL at the censor

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Well, I actually got into smash bros competitivly because there was a tournament at NDK, an anime convention in Denver. Since Boulder is near denver, I go every year.

Oh, and I just got to like episode 160 in Naruto O_o and the fillers have been cut down on a lot, but that is because the missions they are doing only take a couple episodes right now. So I am really starting to like Naruto again.

Series that got me into anime: Slayers. Still easily one of my favorites! Especially thoes weird episodes.
Edit: I am pretty sure Zelgadis got his name from slayers. <3 Zel

Top Bottom