• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #15 - Do You Watch Anime?

Do You Watch Anime?

• いつも (Absolutely, I even go to AnimeCons!)

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • よく (Yeah, I love to watch it! らせんがん!)

Votes: 143 38.6%
  • ときどき (I'll watch it sometimes)

Votes: 101 27.3%
  • あまり (Once in a blue moon, if ever...)

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • ぜんぜん (Not at all, anime sucks!)

Votes: 38 10.3%

• Total voters

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
I watch anime sometimes. . . usually hard to, since I don't have cable or anything like that, I just have regular t.v. so I don't get to watch it until the weekends.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
whats this got to do with smash.
the real poll of the week that would get a great response would be "can you beat ken cause you're really good even though you don't go to tourneys but you can beat all your friends with link?"

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
I like Anime, though I suppose hardcore anime fans would consider my views of Anime diluted since most of what I watch is main stream. I've seen all of DBZ, Pokemon, Yugioh, a small amount of Beyblade and Duel Masters.. let's see now... A few episodes of that new show Eureka Seven, some Ghost in the Shell, I have a DVD of Lady Death and of Evangelion, I watche Trigun while it was on adult swim, I think they removed it, I saw a lot of Ruroni Kenshin, I saw one Samurai X movie, I own FF7 Advent Children, I watch FMA, I saw the first season of IGPX, Although it was only 5 episodes I loved Foolie Coolie, I watched every movie from the "Month of Miyazaki" marathon on Toonami,of Manga I have 3 Yugioh Mangas and 2 Escaflowne Mangas, though I do believe the Escaflowne mangas differ from the Anime of the same name. I watch Inuyasha though I don't particularly like it, and I did see some Cowboy Bebop. I saw Armitage the Third on SciFi once and liked it, though I have been unable to find a DVD.

So that is basically my history of Anime. Whether some of that is hardcore anime or "kiddy" stuff, I don't know.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
Yeah... whoa. I don't really like anime cuz' it's what keeps my friend from practicing SSBM with me (he watches Naruto, go figure...), but I used to really like Tenchi Universe, Pokemon, and I still like DBZ. If Majin Buu were a playable character I'd totally own w/ him!

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
Oh, I forgot about Naruto. Don't know how I could forget one of my favorite shows. Didn't know they were showing Tenchi Universe, that's the one that doesn't have the same characters from all the other ones, right?

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
I was just bored with seeing the same old characters over again, and I got confused when the Tenchi shows had different origins of how they met in spite of being the same characters. :\ the new tenchi was supposed to be him going to some space school and the new ryoko is some girl who has the power to turn into a dog girl or something like that.

Pk Samus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i Love Anime I also go to ComicsCons cuz sometimes ther are Smash Tourneys, this last one they moved apart GCN and started with Soul Calibur II Tourneys and in xbox, That sucks -.-
:samus:

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
i LOVE anime--i try to buy the complete series whenever i can! Favorites so far: "Evangelion," "RahXehpon," and (guilty pleasure hehe) "Gun**** Wing"

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
yeah I watch Anime like Bleach and Naruto! most of the time
...... **** the Download speed....

ssjmarth

Smash Cadet
Dragonball Z still my favorite. It was my first anime i ever watched. Naruto and Bleach are good. And of course Hellsing. I own lots of Manga and anime. So good. Cromartie High School one of the best anime's ever.

Cowboy Bebop = classic that never gets old.

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
JFox said:
The best show was Kenshin. That used to be on cartoon network...I miss that show.
definitely, that was my all time favourite, but I never watched it in english, nor do I care to. Quite frankly, I think the english dubs suck compared to the japanese voiceovers.

Jackrackham

Smash Rookie
i love anime. i watch or have watched every posted show and movie.

The Falcon Assassin said:
Yo, back in the day, Yu Yu Hakasho was the shizniz holmes. It was off the hook man. Did anyone watch that? The Dark tournament was such a good season.
that was sweet

my favorite shows Desert Punk, Outlaw Star, and Elfen Lied

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I see Naruto and Bleach (most awesome). Oh and if you want to laugh a lot you should see Dokuro-chan that is only 8 episodes long but its awesome when I saw that anime I laughed till my mouth and chest hurted lol.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
... I was more careful than normal when I voted on this pole, because I knew that when you said "ANIME", I knew that you meant Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal, and all those other
stupid
anime TV shows. I never did like those... well... I guess The Slayers is ok... Pokemon & Crayon Shinchan are good too.

Don't fear, though. I DO LOVE ANIME!!! I am a Studio Ghibli fan. Castle in the Sky (Japanese version, PLEASE!!!) is probably my favorite anime movie, then- Whisper of the Heart, Princess Mononoke, The Cat Returns, Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko, Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and On Your Mark!!! ...just to name a few... I'm still waiting for Gedo Senki (Warstories of Ged, or Tales from Earthsea). Wow... long post... -OYM ...PS- go to Nausicaa.net

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I have way too many anime series...and I goto cons. But if you saw me, you'd have no idea I liekd anime. So dont judge me as an anime freak. I cosplay too, usually Im forced, but I dont resist.

300 GB HD. 120 GB of Anime. lol.

Xelyst

-_-
Watching Naruto/Bleach (who isint -_-) right now. I usually get my hands on an watch an entire anime every month or so.

Jackslap

Smash Rookie
I watch anime all the time. I have about 400 gigs of anime on my comp and my favorite anime in the world has to be Hunter X Hunter its just so friggin awesome!!! Plus Hisoka is a BAMF.

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
Hisoka is my 2nd favorite villain of all-time... right behind Vicious of Bebop.

My top 5 anime:
1. Elfen Lied (gory, lot's of death, very engaging story, only 13 eps though)
2. Azumanga Daioh (Ridculously funny, cute comedy about a bunch of HS girls.)
3. Honey & Clover (Features introspective looks about life and love from a group of college students with a bunch of funny moments)
4. Fullmetal Alchemist (don't think I need to explain)
5. School Rumble (romantic comedy with an emphasis on the comedy)

I'm currently watching Basilisk. It's sort of like Naruto for older people. There's a bunch of ninjas who do their own special jutsus... except the series is much bloodie and the characters are much less attractive and there's no kids involved.

I stopped watching Naruto and Bleach fillers a few months ago. I'll watch them again when they get back on track.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Just Naruto and Bleach here.

Incidently, has the Naruto fillers finished yet?
:mad: No to the naruto fillers, unfortunately. One of my friends was saying they weren't going to stop the fillers till they hit 200 or so. I could be wrong though. Please don't quote me.

All I watch currently is Naruto. Every now and then I'll watch Black Cat at one of my friend's house, or I'll watch GetBackers on OnDemand. I wanna see all the Gundam stuff because it's my other friend's favorite anime, and he likes good anime, imo. The only Gundam series I've seen so far would be Gundam Wing.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I don't have time to watch Television, but anime is entertaining; It has always given a warm, fuzzy feeling. To be honest, I'm not sure why.:laugh:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I watch some anime but not really that much. I watch Evangelion, DBZ, Fullmetal Alchemist and have seen a bit of a thing called GetBackers (but not really enough to have an opinion on it). I did enjoy Ghost In The Shell alot.

Kenuru

Smash Rookie
I really like Anime, and I've just gone to Anime Expo for the first time this year (Anime Expo 2006). It was so much fun, pointing out every single cosplayed anime character that I recognized. ^_^

intheatrium

Smash Rookie
I liked Wolf's Rain a lot when it was on [as]. Anime's addicting, if you catch an episode, you find yourself watching it again and again. That's what happened with me and Fullmetal Alchemist for like a month. Then I got a girlfriend.

Top Bottom