• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #14 - When Will You Retire From Competitive SSBM?

When Will You Retire From Competitive SSBM?

• Retire? Pfft, never!

Votes: 148 36.2%
  • Maybe eventually, but not for a long time.

Votes: 214 52.3%
  • I plan on retiring pretty soon.

Votes: 24 5.9%
  • I'm already in the process of retiring.

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • SSBM? Who plays that old game anymore?

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The GERM

Smash Ace
GERM's offer

Marth05 said:
i never said i could **** dbr i said i could probably beat germ i mean lol i watch his videos and study them all the time, and i never heard of those other people
Why's everyone waisting time on this foo? I'll tell you what, OC2 is in August, it's gonna be the biggest tournament in the history of smash, even all the best Japanese are gonna be there. If you go, I'll money match you for $100 dollars, you can pick my character from the characters I play, I'll even Marth ditto you. You wouldn't touch anyone in my crew, least of all myself, that video you study is all footage from 3+ years ago buddy. Put yurr money where your mouth is partner, people like you come and go and if you think you can beat me, hop on the **** train cause I don't show mercy to big mouth noobs with too much to prove.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
On a side note, GERM, would you be up for snagging some of DBR sometime and coming to Colorado to play LoVo and the rest of us? We're DYING to play some pro OOSers (not dissing on Buzz, Gojira, or FtS, we <3 them), and it would do a lot to help get people interested in Colorado if DBR were to play us and give their opinions.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Blast it all, Tony! Come to UST5! There are going to be TONS of OOS smashers! Cancel your previous engagement and just GO! http://buzz.smashboards.com/ust5/

Back to this topic: Marth05, I'd plan your retirement pretty soon. You have no vids. You have no tournament experience. You have a post count of 21 and a join date of April 2006 (not that those alone would prove your case, but they certainly aren't helping). Go to OC2, get schooled, and retire.

bonjordo

Smash Cadet
The GERM said:
Why's everyone waisting time on this foo? I'll tell you what, OC2 is in August, it's gonna be the biggest tournament in the history of smash, even all the best Japanese are gonna be there. If you go, I'll money match you for $100 dollars, you can pick my character from the characters I play, I'll even Marth ditto you. You wouldn't touch anyone in my crew, least of all myself, that video you study is all footage from 3+ years ago buddy. Put yurr money where your mouth is partner, people like you come and go and if you think you can beat me, hop on the **** train cause I don't show mercy to big mouth noobs with too much to prove.
<3 The GERM. No really. I have some pointers for you. watch out for his Tap jump! apparently he runs all over the place doing it!

Please tape the massacre.

The GERM

Smash Ace
bonjordo said:
It will be like taking candy from a baby! Easiest 100 the GERM will ever get.
nah, he'll probably Wavedash and tap jump circles around me. Just don't forget my money 05.

bonjordo

Smash Cadet
The GERM said:
nah, he'll probably Wavedash and tap jump circles around me. Just don't forget my money 05.
How is the money match going to work. You have to organise these things. And make sure you tape and post on net... nothing like seeing a firmly 4 stocked n00b.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Banksyayogame50 said:
maybe marth05 is isai in disguise
:laugh: Now that'd be dirty. Isai retires and immediately unretires while becoming Marth05.

Kittie

Banned via Administration
Kokichi said:
Wow, I go to see a comedy show and this pops up. Whoever made this thread is an idiot, and whoever posted in here wasn't helping matters, only feeding the trolls.
This is how i feel about every single poll of the week....

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Kittie - You don't need to post in them if you don't want to. And FYI, the POTW's are specifically designed to cut down on spam - that's why a lot of them are created on popular topics (i.e. C-stick, Sonic in SSBM, etc.). That way when a dupe thread comes up I can just redirect them to a "Chi-Certified" thread where they can express their opinions on the matter, even if it doesn't really contribute to Smash (i.e. How Old Are You?). But since this room gets the most traffic, polls can also be used for non-Smash related things.

And okay, there, whatever, go ahead and re-vote, it's now POTW #4, I got a **** load of work to do, peace out all.

Gawd.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
if u hate it so much, dont participate. :p it stops the spamming
edit: i know my post was kinda like the above one but i wasnt copying...

Kittie

Kokichi said:
Kittie - You don't need to post in them if you don't want to. And FYI, the POTW's are specifically designed to cut down on spam - that's why a lot of them are created on popular topics (i.e. C-stick, Sonic in SSBM, etc.). That way when a dupe thread comes up I can just redirect them to a "Chi-Certified" thread where they can express their opinions on the matter, even if it doesn't really contribute to Smash (i.e. How Old Are You?). But since this room gets the most traffic, polls can also be used for non-Smash related things.

And okay, there, whatever, go ahead and re-vote, it's now POTW #4, I got a **** load of work to do, peace out all.

Gawd.
If u havent realized only the n00biest n00bs post on these little PotW. This games been out for like 5 years. If anything come up with better poll questions. The C stick one was uber gay IMO. Melee Disscusion has gone to crap....IMO :( I'm a girl by the way, so go easy on me boys.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Kittie said:
If u havent realized only the n00biest n00bs post on these little PotW. This games been out for like 5 years. If anything come up with better poll questions. The C stick one was uber gay IMO. Melee Disscusion has gone to crap....IMO :( I'm a girl by the way, so go easy on me boys.
Part of the reason is almost everything in Melee has been discussed to death. The game has been out for over four years now. People are still discovering neat little tricks occasionally with specific characters, but nothing general is really left to be discovered. So, obviously, only clueless n00bs are going to wander in and ask silly questions.

So, Kokichi, you renamed the thread, edited my first post, deleted the votes, and then stuck in your own descriptions. Niiiiiiiiice... I liked my version better. :(

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Buzz said:
So, Kokichi, you renamed the thread, edited my first post, deleted the votes, and then stuck in your own descriptions. Niiiiiiiiice... I liked my version better. :(
Lol, it's not that easy. I thought I could combine the threads together, so I could at least have the first post (to avoid further confusion / makes things look nicer). I thought that combining the threads (an options mods have) would have brought all the other posts to the new topic, though what it did was just rearrange it by date posted, so my starter post still got bumped to the way back, and your's was the first. Also, since combining threads unfortunately deletes the old one, all the votes were lost, but yet it kept the new poll as opposed to the one that you made first, even though it kept the first post first, but not the polls...

In other words, it got a bit messy, but whatever, in the end it'll work out, and we already know the vast majority said that they don't plan on retiring, so you got the most out of the poll already.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Me, retire? Come on, you can't be serious!

Just because my disc no longer works doesn't mean I'm not a competitor. It just means I need a bit of practice(not that I ever practice...yet do so well, heh)

fluffy

Smash Champion
SSBR isnt going to have better gameplay than SSBM cuz of 1 thing, theyre probably gonna take out wavedash. (well actually theres alot of things) and that goes a long way. s2pid noobs who cant do that got ***** by competitive players and quit the game just cuz of that. (i know at least 20 ppl that quit) taking away that gets rid of the "good" edgehog. waveshine w/ fox is never gonna be the same. the infinite shine is then gone...fox would suck. SWD from samus is probably gonna be gone 2. (although it has nothing to do w/ the wavedash....)

CHAIN THROW is most likely going to go out. freeze glitch...who cares about that. super jump was cool though...

dude the glitches made the game fun. after realizing all the mistake they committed, theyre gonna make the game pretty limited that its boring.

it would be fun 2 hav the same character game-play....just w/ tons of different characters. just my jew 2 cents...

JFox

Smash Hero
I think I'm going to be competitively playing until I get to the top- Or if SSBR ruins the smash scene, which is a sad possibility...

Kittie

fluffy said:
SSBR isnt going to have better gameplay than SSBM cuz of 1 thing, theyre probably gonna take out wavedash. (well actually theres alot of things) and that goes a long way. s2pid noobs who cant do that got ***** by competitive players and quit the game just cuz of that. (i know at least 20 ppl that quit) taking away that gets rid of the "good" edgehog. waveshine w/ fox is never gonna be the same. the infinite shine is then gone...fox would suck. SWD from samus is probably gonna be gone 2. (although it has nothing to do w/ the wavedash....)

CHAIN THROW is most likely going to go out. freeze glitch...who cares about that. super jump was cool though...

dude the glitches made the game fun. after realizing all the mistake they committed, theyre gonna make the game pretty limited that its boring.

it would be fun 2 hav the same character game-play....just w/ tons of different characters. just my jew 2 cents...
You have no proof.

Miharu

Smash Hero
fluffy said:

Typical n00b.

Don't hate because you suck.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
As long as there are people playing this game here, I will play. It's the people which make this game fun, and it's just great to play and just talk sometimes. I can see myself stopping though, and might be because of the revolution.

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
Im stayin in the game until I win or place good at some tournements or when everyone else stops playing the game.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'll volunteer to play with anyone that doesn't feel like retiring and/or moving to SSBR. I'm not a big enthusiast of change, so I'll probably be too afraid to play SSBR and wind up playing Melee for the rest of my life(the way I'm drinking, that won't be too long). Melee 4 Life.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Haha, yea, I wont ever retire but I wish there was somone close that could atleast evenmatch me. But When Smashbrothers Wii comes out Im probally not going to play ssbm again until that takes the place of smash64 online.

fluffy said:

As long as the characters slide and as long as theres airdodge, there'll be wavedash.

Kragen

Smash Ace
I still need to start with competitive Smash ;-)

But eventually, I will stop playing competively.

Don't know when that eventually will be, though....hopefully for years to come to that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom