• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #12 - Cheapest Character?

Cheapest Character?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 199 15.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 86 6.8%
  • Fox

Votes: 134 10.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 52 4.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Samus

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

Votes: 325 25.7%
  • Link

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • Young Link

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Pichu

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • Mewtwo

• Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 276 21.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 13 1.0%

• Total voters

blckthndr

Smash Cadet
dont hate on sheik just b/c u cant beat her..
marth peach n fox are cheap to the highest degree.

sheik goes flying after reasonable damage at least and shes fairly predictable. fox's upsmash both aerial and on the ground is so unforgiving...

and peaches down smash has sooo much priority..

marth.. i hate marth.

Xelyst

-_-
Shiek / Marth / IC's / Peach (Peach isint cheap, she's anoying ^^)

#1 Is IC's

Torrent

Smash Cadet
Rostigalen said:
Top Tier = Cheap?

Anyway...Marth the C-Sticker.
You can say that again.
Over dramatic range,counter equipped, fast, good edge guard, and quintuple jump recovery!!!! leik wtf?! :laugh:

It makes an intresting battle though so im cool with it

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
i'd have to say fox for my first choice,because he's fast plus his smash up has alittle more power then he needs plus fox can shinedash.

the second would be marth for being fast(less then fox but still) powerful and have a counter to go with it plus his wavedash is a slight bit better then average.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
i haven't played with anyone really good yet so I would have to say Kirby - Up Grab leaves a lot of lag and its so easy for my friends to just float around all day in no-item matches and spam rocks and B-Ups and use B and drop for a Kamikaze. DK's Grab is pretty cheap too.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I vote sheik.
Her moves are plain cheap ****! Almost no lag time, dumb down throw and d-smash.
And just about every move she has pops you up into the air for her **** f-air. HELL NO!!!
I used to own my bro pretty much everytime, then he picked up shiek, and is now giving me a fight, and he doesn't even use ANY advanced techniques (ex. SHFFL, L cancel, etc.)
That just shows how cheap and easy she is to use.
F her!

Quite sexy though...

Mario_Vega

Smash Cadet
i revise my previous answer, aside from shiek, i said link before, definately the ice climbers. my friend started messing around with me by using them and i had a really hard time beating them. i hate them even as cpu's...

soap

Smash Hero
JFox said:
Where's Sheik...easiest meta game, no need for L cancels, ridiculous change throw, counters almost anyone, and she is the best character in the game.
no need for L cancels? Sure, because sheik players like getting shield grabbed, and having decreased combo ability

Also, this is one of the most balanced games i can think of, there are plenty of characters with cheap stuff, so it kinda evens out.

Worpzor

Smash Rookie
Kirby kos if u dont have any ranged atacks Kirby can stand at the edg doging and wen you get to close u get sucked up and droppebd of da edge.
The exchange students at my house do it all da time :(

bonjordo

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. Cheap... I only think that Marth is too well rounded. CG (not in pal though, lucky me), Grab range, aerials and overall range? a bit too good.

blckthndr

Smash Cadet
Quote from all the players in Smash Boards: Id have to say Sheik b/c i suck bad and im just gonna join the bandwagon and say shes impossible to beat and also, im going to abuse marth's tip and falco&fox's priority while im at it..

J Dawg

Smash Cadet
Worpzor said:
Kirby kos if u dont have any ranged atacks Kirby can stand at the edg doging and wen you get to close u get sucked up and droppebd of da edge.
The exchange students at my house do it all da time :(
Duuuuuuuude that happened to me and I was playing DK so I was screwed. (no projectiles)

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
The cheapest character has got to be fox. That up smash is unneccesarily strong and the shine off the board is as cheap as they come.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
Sup Birdman, let me return the hate:

The cheapest character has gotta be Falco and his d*mn tail-feathers move! Its not even a smash attack and it puts people out, bullcrap!

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
BIRDMAN22 said:
The cheapest character has got to be fox. That up smash is unneccesarily strong and the shine off the board is as cheap as they come.
I forgot to add the fact that his firefox technique covers more distance than one would expect, not to mention the uair is just as powerful as the upsmash. Put all this together and add fact that he is one of the fastest characters, that should easily spell cheap.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
BIRDMAN22 said:
I forgot to add the fact that his firefox technique covers more distance than one would expect, not to mention the uair is just as powerful as the upsmash. Put all this together and add fact that he is one of the fastest characters, that should easily spell cheap.
Speed, yea, I admit, Fox has it in spades. But need I remind you of a little title for Falco, I think it was stated by you as

"JUMP TEAM CAPTAIN"

Falco has RIDICULOUS hops. A seasoned Falco players uses this to soar all over the stage. And Falco is no slouch on speed either. He is much heavier than Fox and thus can last alot longer in battle. With his speed, power and maneuverability, Falco epitomizes cheap, moreso b/c he is a "mirror character"

As far as "mirror" characters go, Falco should not be outshining his boss after he ripped off his move set. So there you have it, that Blue Pigeon is cheaper than a $2 trick

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Deka~Fox said:
Speed, yea, I admit, Fox has it in spades. But need I remind you of a little title for Falco, I think it was stated by you as

"JUMP TEAM CAPTAIN"

Falco has RIDICULOUS hops. A seasoned Falco players uses this to soar all over the stage. And Falco is no slouch on speed either. He is much heavier than Fox and thus can last alot longer in battle. With his speed, power and maneuverability, Falco epitomizes cheap, moreso b/c he is a "mirror character"

As far as "mirror" characters go, Falco should not be outshining his boss after he ripped off his move set. So there you have it, that Blue Pigeon is cheaper than a $2 trick
YOU DOG! LOL
To quote a jedi from long ago, "THE HATE STRONG WITHIN THIS ONE." (Ok maybe a jedi didn't say it).

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Lets not forget "mirror" characters as you put it are usually better overall than their original counterpart. Examples: Marth, Ganondorf(my opinion) Doc, even Luigi. The rule just dosen't aply to Pichu. Sorry

mcc

Smash Ace
BIRDMAN22 said:
firefox doesn't go THAT far. its not a cheap move :laugh: . up air is very hard to pull off right, so it cancels out the sitrngth of it

and for people that think shining is cheap, at least you need skill to be able to shine someone to death

i say shiek cuz she can chainthrow 1/2 the charracters to 80%, and it doesnt take any skill. and just one of her needles cancel out all long distance moves.

gnosis

Smash Lord
While ICs are probably the cheapest if you're solid with their grabs and tilt infinite, there are so few really good IC players.

But, there are plenty of pretty good Falco players, and I'd say he's right behind. SHL, ridiculous priority and spike, shine combos, bleh. Falco becomes dangerous with much too little effort, and saturates tournament play.

S2

Smash Lord
Marth all the way.

Massive range, speed, tipper, farthest grab range, insane edge-guarding ability.

I'd say that Shiek and Fox are pretty up there too though.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
I voted Marth. He is just really easy to use, IMO. I don't actually have a problem with people using him though - hey, I use Sheik every so often.

Funny how Mr G&W got more votes than Mario.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
"Ooooooh... Shiek!"

M'kay?

EDIT

I can't complain about Marth because 1. I use him and 2. I don't know how good he is in other versions, but in PAL he's not THAT good. I hope they keep his moves how they are and just strenghten (spelling? >_>) other chars in Brawl. That'd be cool. Out of topic anyway, but cool.

Top Bottom