• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #12 - Cheapest Character?

Cheapest Character?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 199 15.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 86 6.8%
  • Fox

Votes: 134 10.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 52 4.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Samus

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

Votes: 325 25.7%
  • Link

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • Young Link

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Pichu

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • Mewtwo

• Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 276 21.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 13 1.0%

• Total voters

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
Got to go with the shiek, for all reasons stated before me. As far as cheapest move, gotta go with dsmash of peach, that ish irks the hell outta me when i get hit by it. I dont think marth is cheap because i can spot a good marth and a crappy marth. Usually the good marths do a specific slash according to the situation but a crappy one just fsmahes an fairs all the time, i crush the latter by exploiting his lag in his moves.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Zander805 said:
I love the people who voted for Pichu, hahaha! :)
LMAO, they certainly don't know what they're talking about. Especially after you continiously take damage most of the times you attack. -_- The ONLY advantage I see is sometimes when you're not hit by an item that's be thrown due to your size. Other than that..screw the little cuddly *******.

Kevim

Smash Rookie
What!? I can't believe I'm the only person who picked Kirby as the cheapest charecter.

NG7

Smash Lord
This should've been narrowed down to Shiek, Fox, Marth, Peach and Falco. Wouldn't have had silly people like the one that voted for Mewtwo! LOL.

Voted Fox. Even though he's my main (like 6 billion other people).

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ok, good range on marths fsmash, but u kno how much lag marth has after the fsmash? a decent amount so u can easily retaliate after he misses or u shield it.

unlike sheik, little to unoticable lag on her attacks, and also chain grabs half the people in ssbm lol.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
Tyson651 said:
ok, good range on marths fsmash, but u kno how much lag marth has after the fsmash? a decent amount so u can easily retaliate after he misses or u shield it.

unlike sheik, little to unoticable lag on her attacks, and also chain grabs half the people in ssbm lol.

Co-sign :)

On a side note why did someone pick kirby?? :dizzy:

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
ok, good range on marths fsmash, but u kno how much lag marth has after the fsmash? a decent amount so u can easily retaliate after he misses or u shield it
i agree with this if he has so much lag after it

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Wow, what a hard choice this is. . .

Although I do find Flaco annoying with his drillshine combos, he's pretty easily chaingrabbed, and his lasers can be powershielded. Marth can be evil with his grab from half the stage away, as well as his impenetrable wall of double short-hopped f-airs. . .but there's (almost) always an opening; it's just a matter of seeing where it is. I don't have enough IC's experience, but I imagine that a properly de-synching, chaingrabbing ICs would probably wreck all of humanity and **** the universe for free. Sheik is cheap, but I've come to accept that, so whatever.

. . .I'd have to give my vote to Peach--it's not just that she's cheap, but she's highly irritating, too. Overwhelming priority and range on much of her aerials and ground moves snuffs out everything you can throw at her. She's impossible to grab, which cuts down comboing possibilities by a huge percent, and she's impossible to kill unless you have a strong vertical KO move. Plus, her d-smash makes crouch-cancelling and close-to-the-opponent-shielding almost useless, which takes away lots of useful tactics that you might have used. And having a spammable projectile with the possibility of grandpas, bomb-ombs, and beams swords just makes things worse.

Wow, Peach is cheap. Frustrating, too.

_Dorito0

Smash Rookie
Shiek by far I think, just some of her smash and little kick moves, don't deal much damage, but are EXTREMELY annoying to any player. Overall, she's an ok character, but cheap in ways I cannot describe.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Kokichi, you misspelt Ganondorf. That's like a capital offense on GFaqs :laugh:

iceman48 said:
I believe in the theory that there are no cheap moves, only cheap characters. I've seen players with Fox that don't try and shinespike, Marth players that use a plethora of moves other than f smash, and Peach's with many interesting strategies other than d smash/turnip. People that have to use cheap ways to kill you at under 30% aren't good; anyone can press down or forward on the c-stick, a lot of people can shine, (tailwhipping is for suckers).
Eh, so you're saying you have to try hard for your kills? A KO at 30% from a C-smash and a KO at 30% from something using 15 advanced techniques simultaneously is still a friggin KO at 30%. If they can take a stock at low percents, that's a strength no matter how you look at it.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'd have to say Bowser, just because I always fight against him on level 9 and his stupid B+A+throw combos get really annoying.

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by iceman48
I believe in the theory that there are no cheap moves, only cheap characters. I've seen players with Fox that don't try and shinespike, Marth players that use a plethora of moves other than f smash, and Peach's with many interesting strategies other than d smash/turnip. People that have to use cheap ways to kill you at under 30% aren't good; anyone can press down or forward on the c-stick, a lot of people can shine, (tailwhipping is for suckers).
By the way, who said Luigi is cheap? You're entitled to your opinion, but I would like to know why you feel the way you do.
i have to completely agree with this it is an excellent point, ,although to negate what i just said(completely agree) marth has high priority , long range and is fast, but so are alot of other charcters like fox,shiek so what i just said there was abit stupid. But yeah your the man iceman

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Time/SpaceMage said:
Kokichi, you misspelt Ganondorf. That's like a capital offense on GFaqs :laugh:
****, I did, but I knew it was Ganondorf. I had to go back and put in Bowser when I was trying to recall the entire order of characters in the character select screen from menu, so I had to retype Ganondorf, and when I did I must have added the extra n. It wasn't like that when I didn't have Bowser in, chi :p

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Kokichi said:
****, I did, but I knew it was Ganondorf. I had to go back and put in Bowser when I was trying to recall the entire order of characters in the character select screen from menu, so I had to retype Ganondorf, and when I did I must have added the extra n. It wasn't like that when I didn't have Bowser in, chi :p
It's okay Kokichi, SpaceMage just typed misspelt instead of mis-spelled.

By the way Iceman, excellent post on breaking down the whole cheap issue to its very core.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't see how Doc is cheap, and Mario isn't...kinda weird. I mean I know doc is higher on the tier list, but not by much. And they are soo similar that I can't see how Doc could have something that makes him cheap, and Mario does not.

Adrian Monjula

Smash Rookie
JFox said:
I don't see how Doc is cheap, and Mario isn't...kinda weird. I mean I know doc is higher on the tier list, but not by much. And they are soo similar that I can't see how Doc could have something that makes him cheap, and Mario does not.
The pills are faster than the fireballs and have an odd way of bouncing for ultra spamming, then running in and hitting, and all the moves he does are a lot easier to link. =/ ...I think. I never use either, but I think that's how I've seen it.

DizzletheBeast

Smash Apprentice
Even though Marth's range is annoying, he is easy to fight because of his lack of projectiles. I think Falco is the cheapest because the SHL is the most irritating move and is hard to counter. SHL has knockback and can give falco the opening to run in and impose his will on your character.

felix45

Smash Lord
Peach easily. Downsmash + recovery + float cancel + turnips = cheap *** biatch

and the doc vs mario cheapness thing, the doc has pills and bair while mario has no cheap moves, unless you want to say mario's fsmash is cheap, but doc's is much worse. mario is probably truly the only character that isn't cheap in some way or another.

Luxfer

Smash Rookie
I'd have to go with Marth. His 9 foot sword, unbelievable grabbing range, tipping capability and aerial virtuosity makes him nearly undefeatable. Combo all that with his F-Smash...and you get the cheapest character in the game.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
So it's pretty clear - Sheik is considered, by far, the cheapest character, followed by Marth, then Peach. I think that's a pretty fair decision on the "cheapness" of characters (assuming it exists). Obviously those three are very easy to initially learn - they're the ones you put in the hands of your little brother and say "Here, press this yellow stick different directions".

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by DizzletheBeast
I think Falco is the cheapest because the SHL is the most irritating move and is hard to counter. SHL has knockback and can give falco the opening to run in and impose his will on your character.
depending on the satge you cn either roll between the intervals of fire you might get get afew time but you'll force falco to attack as long as you have a plan to evade or counter this it will hel, you can always jump over them and if your really far jump between the intervals im not sure if you'll have time to jump without getting hit but if you do a move then L cancel it it should help you ( in fact that might not work thast just a guess) but if you jump as soon as you land you dont have the lag. you could also go underground on hyrule if your playing on that, ofcourse he could just move but you can fake what way your going or wait for a slip up for you to get hose little seconds to get rid up close....it isnt that hard to get by them just as long as you move towards him fast when he starts SHL

Top Bottom