• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Espy Kasrani - Meta Knight
Oreo (Excel) - Meta Knight
SoupaSonic - Meta Knight
mariobrouser - Meta Knight || may have voted in another board.
M - Meta Knight
Sonictailslink - Meta Knight
Kinzer - Meta Knight
Joemama8 - Meta Knight

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meta Knight.
There's a lot of them. You'll run into them most often in larger tournaments. Learn the match up, and you learn how to deal with a large percentage of the community. Simple as that.

This should honestly be the same answer on every board.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd say either Sonic or Yoshi. It would be pretty embarrassing to go to a huge national and lose to a Sonic, a Yoshi or BOTH.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Meta Knight. Simply for the reason there's more of them. Not like Sonic has to worry about easy to use hard counters much.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Without a doubt, Meta Knight.

Of course every matchup is important to learn, especially the ones that give Sonic trouble, but the frequency plus the difficulty of the aforementioned matchup is just too critical is not prioritize first and foremost.

:093:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I know why he's doing this.

It's to prove that MK isn't broken. I've kept track of this and every character board. By saying MK is your most important match-up to learn you're essentially saying "Meta Knight does not invalidate my character." Because you're admitting that your character has a shot at winning against him. If everyone said someone different, it would mean that they feel like they cannot deal with MK with their character meaning there's no point in playing the match-up.

TL;DR it was a ploy to prove that MK isn't in fact broken because people have admitted that they can still learn the match-up.

GGs SuSa.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I know why he's doing this.

It's to prove that MK isn't broken. I've kept track of this and every character board. By saying MK is your most important match-up to learn you're essentially saying "Meta Knight does not invalidate my character." Because you're admitting that your character has a shot at winning against him. If everyone said someone different, it would mean that they feel like they cannot deal with MK with their character meaning there's no point in playing the match-up.

TL;DR it was a ploy to prove that MK isn't in fact broken because people have admitted that they can still learn the match-up.

GGs SuSa.
That's a really stupid argument to make.

If everyone did NOT say Metaknight, then he would just say, "See? Nobody is even worried about the MK match up, so he must not be broken."

It's a loaded question with results that can be interpreted to have any meaning that someone wants it to have.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just because i spend the majority of my time learning how to fight meta doesnt mean that I dont still lose to him.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Metaknight. obviously. It doesn't even have to do with whether or not he is too broken or not IMO. He is the most played and relied upon character for wins, and the hands down best equalizer for matchups people who dont main metaknight use. The best character in the game by far. For any character, including meta players, knowing this matchup and how you perform against him in tourneys dictates a lot of how well a player placed in tourneys, and even if you have solid knowledge and play against him a lot, you're still suspect to getting knocked out by him in tourneys because of how stupid he is as a character, meaning this is the one matchup you cannot afford to not know about. The fact that X and Espy at Dallas took out over 10 metas between them and a Meta STILL got top 3 is a testamony to how much the meta is overflooded with meta lol.

This thread should not have been even made this is the most obvious answer LOL.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm hoping someone makes a series of thread asking each character about their worst/best/ most important stage, attack, ledge option and taunt. Because these threads are very useful eye openers.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
LOL it will always be MK. Thats basically all you are going to fight at tourneys. The funny thing about it too is learning how to fight a character that can readily punish the cast on the majority of their mistakes ( Sonic kinda does the same as well) means learning to fight MK usually ends up making u a better player in general lol.

Top Bottom