• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Turazrok - Falco
Draconoa44 - Snake
Tin Man - Falco
CloverLeaf - Meta Knight
Blissard - Meta Knight
Hilt - Meta Knight
dabuz - Meta Knight
Zori - Diddy Kong|| May have voted in another board.
Greward - Jigglypuff || :troll:
RichBrown - Meta Knight
Asa - Meta Knight

Noa.

Smash Master
Snake

That matchup is a good one to learn as a beginner cause I feel like you need to learn a lot of basics to learn it.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
The most important match-up to learn is the most common one.
If you have a 5/8 chance of meeting a character in a tournament, that's a 5/8 chance that you'll get knocked out if you don't know how to beat him.

I'm assuming the most common is Metaknight.

Zori

Smash Champion
LOL @ you really adding my post, for that sake of not being counter productive change it to diddy because he is hard :(

RichBrown

Smash Master
Metaknight is the most important to learn imo. It's actually become one of my best MUs, but an Oli who doesn't know what's going on in that MU is in serious trouble. It's vital to success at all levels of play for Oli, you can fake it in most other MUs cept that one.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
MK, dawg.

And I mean MK vs MK is the most important matchup for Olimar mains to learn because he's your secondary if you want to win at this game.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Fino I can't hear you over the you losing to an Ike...

...Wait ****

AT LEAST MY IKE WAS NAMED SAN

Larry I'm beating you next time we play, I noticed a really fundamental flaw in your game, DEHF :D

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Yeah i'd have to say MK, it's a hard MU and it's definitely the most common, plus the stuff that was previously said. I would say diddy but it isn't as common, plus we can prevent tripping from bananas with whistle :troll:
My vote's on MK.

the second most important is the 'dorfinator imo :awesome:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Fino I can't hear you over the you losing to an Ike...

...Wait ****

AT LEAST MY IKE WAS NAMED SAN

Larry I'm beating you next time we play, I noticed a really fundamental flaw in your game, DEHF :D
Yeah Rich I've noticed it too, half the moves I'm using haven't been jab.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Or like that cute 14 y/o cousin that walks with a weird limp after her vacation from Kansas. Kind like someone ripped her *******? Yea.

Dnyce

Smash Master
seriously haha.

anyways, for me its marth :/ maybe its just my lack of MU knowledge/practice. but still, for now, marth is my most frustrating matchup
I can work the marth MU with you on wifi n stuff if you want. I'm not mikehaze or anything, but I can definitely give you some help ;o

RichBrown

Smash Master
I just remembered something TKD told me about Falco's jab so it's ok d(^.^)z

dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry dehf larry

Top Bottom