• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Yaaay - Meta Knight
Illmatic - Meta Knight
Moozle - Snake
KBizzle - Snake
Rickerdy-doo-da-day - Meta Knight
Nicole - Meta Knight
DraikRoan - Meta Knight
Silly Kyle - Meta Knight
Drk.Pch - Meta Knight
2link121 - Meta Knight
PeachGuard - Meta Knight
Praxis - Meta Knight
Razmakazi - Meta Knight
Mikey Lenetia - Meta Knight
Mikachiru - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I agree with Ill. I have a much harder time with Snake than I do with MK, and I think it's because the Peach has to really know the matchup and figure out ways to get the kill in under 200%. MK if you avoid gimps it's not too bad.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's player dependent as to who will be at the top of the list. MK is indeed important for Peach to learn but I'll have to say Snake is the bigger threat.

Nicole

Smash Champion
MK
you will get ***** if you don't know how to play against him.

and falco
you have to play completely different.

Snake is just gay, you don't have to change up your style AS much to beat him. Plus you can always resort to camping, unlike Falco and MK.

edit - i see that i only get one vote. well, there are more mks than falcos, so mk it is.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Is this supposed to be based on a situation like a National tournament, or in our own regions? Because MK honestly isn't that important of a matchup to know in Wi/Il.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
MK. It's a character you will see alot. And Lots have a pocket meta. I have played many people that when they can't beat me, they run off to meta. Also top players run off to meta alot when things get ruff. General world of competitive brawl is when all fails, people go meta knight. See this way too much now these days. A large % of players have a pocket meta. Or just simply main him. People want money and would do anything to get it. And meta knight is the best option.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Most definitely Metaknight. He's the one you'll face the most and, like D.Pch said, he is most people's backup character.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Is this supposed to be based on a situation like a National tournament, or in our own regions? Because MK honestly isn't that important of a matchup to know in Wi/Il.
Whatever you want, your personal opinion, how it is on Jupiter, turkey dinner.

I just want everyones vote/opinion.

After 4-5 days of voting when everything slows down and most everyone major has voted I'll be counting the votes for each board and every board as a whole.

People only get to vote 1 time per char. board to avoid me making human error and to make sure a few people don't just go to every board and say something to try and mess up the tallies. "Hurr durr Ganon duh" being an example.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
yeah SuSa the answer to this question is an undeniable given. Unless you want to specify we pick another character aside from him.

tl;dr - Metaknight

:rosalina:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't understand why this is such an extensive project.

How is it not Meta Knight for everyone? Especially since you're not asking for region specification.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, I believe it should be more than 1 MU the whole board votes on.

We're all going to need to know how to play Meta. We need at least 3 MUs we can say need learning to further grant us a spot in top 3 at a tourney.

I'd have to say

Meta
Falco
Marth

in that order.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
MK, no question in my mind. If you don't know the MU he crushes you mad easy, plus he's the most common character in the game.

Top Bottom