• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Albert - Snake
Player-3 - Meta Knight || Got mistake for Player-1
Raziek - Meta Knight
Pierce7D - Meta Knight
Makoforce - N/A voted in Peach Boards
Clowsui - Meta Knight
ChaosDrifter - Meta Knight
Blacknight99922 - N/A voted on Falco Boards
Nike. - Meta Knight
Gifts - Meta Knight
Freezewish - Meta Knight
C.J. - Meta Knight
BengalsRZ - Meta Knight
eschemat - Meta Knight
Rad - Marth
KillLock - Meta Knight
LooftWaffles - Diddy Kong
Anaky - Has voted in multiple boards. N/A ALL VOTES
6Mizu - Meta Knight
ChKn - Meta Knight

Player-3

Smash Hero
de de de

oh wait it doesn't ****ing matter beacause you can't win it anyways

um

i would say metaknight if your EC and anything below high tier if your WC

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
metaknight of course, he's the most used character, and one of our worst matchups, combined together this = bad news if we don't know the matchup extremely well

C.J.

Smash Master
Other than a local Ike, the people I play most are Ed (sheik/zelda) and RedHalberd.... it hurts
=(

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
MK, most common and difficult matchup. no-brainer here.

Rad

Smash Ace
I would say the Marth ditto. It's like an exaggerated version of every other MU because Marth just destroys his own weaknesses. The match is won on juggles, gimps, and edgeguards, so it forces you to learn how to both put your opponent into bad situations, and how to avoid those situations for yourself.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
I might be misreading the question, but this is my take.

Most important matchup? MK

Most important matchup to LEARN? Diddy

Rationale? You dont really have to learn anything unique in order to fight an MK. Its your normal Marth zone and punish, its just that your margin for error is ~.1. Only things needed to be learned for this MU are grab related and dealing with tornado.

Diddy on the other hand? Throw your typical Marth game out the window. Spacing on his shield? Not if he has a naner. Movement and attacks that **** with Marth's spacing out the window? 2 items that Marth MUST learn how to control in order to set up openings? Everything about this matchup must be learned. Excecpt rushing him down without naners, that part comes naturally.

Albert.

Smash Master
It was OBVIOUSLY a joke.

Am I getting trolled right now?
I'm glad that yet another post of mine (Or rather, somebody else not understanding my post) has lead you to feel trolled once more!

YESSSS!!!

Also in that other thread, I asked "Can MK's neutral B be B-reversed" and you were like... "well blahblahblah serious thought MK doesn't need it blah"

That was trolling

LOL

but the rest of the time I'm askign serious questions! Like the Dtilt> Fsmash thing, that s*** looks so hype when it happens.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I might be misreading the question, but this is my take.

Most important matchup? MK

Most important matchup to LEARN? Diddy

Rationale? You dont really have to learn anything unique in order to fight an MK. Its your normal Marth zone and punish, its just that your margin for error is ~.1. Only things needed to be learned for this MU are grab related and dealing with tornado.

Diddy on the other hand? Throw your typical Marth game out the window. Spacing on his shield? Not if he has a naner. Movement and attacks that **** with Marth's spacing out the window? 2 items that Marth MUST learn how to control in order to set up openings? Everything about this matchup must be learned. Excecpt rushing him down without naners, that part comes naturally.
You are unlikely to defeat high caliber MKs if you think this. Not knowing where the openings are, where the reads are to be made, how to deal with Mach Tornado (knowing when it's a threat, how to punish, how to deal with it's pressure, and when you must be defensive because of it) all of that for shuttle loop as well, kill percents, viable combos, range discrepancies between moves, and a whole host of knowledge, then you're unlikely to have a chance at beating high level MK.

Marth's strategies of "zone, hit, and punish" lose to MK BADLY because of his range, speed, shuttle loop, and Mach Tornado. Also, you need you use specific techniques to juggle and edgeguard this character because of his ability to fly and recover in different ways. The reason most Marth's do not edgeguard MK is because they don't know how.

MK is a very intense MU to learn, and it's very important.

Diddy is HARDER to learn though, IMO.

Albert.

Smash Master
Good post pierce but like...

why would you respond to that?

It's like what BPC said in the MK MU discussion thread about marth "Hey do you know the ditto? Yeah its just like that but easier" -___-

If you continue to cater to the lower common demonitor, Pierce, things

will be bad.

etecoon

Smash Hero
^that

for that reason MK should win nearly every one of these polls. he's not everyone's hardest MU, but how often are you running into the worse ones compared to everyone and their mom playing MK?

Player-3

Smash Hero
susa i know that i was saying that to the people who are saying mk is his hardest matchup or w/e

Top Bottom