• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

ook - Meta Knight
Sold2 - Olimar
Chaosgriffin - Zero Suit Samus
PeachGuard - Falco || May have voted in another board.
D0N - Meta Knight
daisho - Falco
Neon! - Ice Climbers
Jebu-95 - Falco
Attila the Hun - Falco
Cable - Meta Knight
Ripple - Meta Knight

ook

Smash Lord
I guess I don't understand how anyone could vote for someone else, unless I'm misinterpreting the question.

More MKs are in this game than any other character by far. It's just a fact. Winning or losing the MK matchup will affect the average DK's tournament placing more often than any other matchup.

Practically, it depends on what region you're living in. But if we're talking about the CHARACTER's most important matchup, not the specific player's, then that doesn't matter.

I dunno what you're trying to get at here. :/
or what the point of this question is...
All matchups are important, since any character can eliminate you from a tourney. But if you have to pick the most important for some reason (the one that can happen the most, not the most difficult one) it's obviously MK. ??

also, welcome back to the DK board susa :reverse:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Olimar.

I live in IN/KY and we only have 1 MK but at least 5 Olimars, so this is kinda subjective... but Olimar is probably the most likely character you'll run into that you actually really need to learn anyways. Really odd question.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Falco.

DK mains NEED to learn the Falco MU. If they don't they might as well get a second for him.

D0N

Smash Ace
I'm with Ook. If you plan on going to big tournies you're most likely going to fight MK, otherwise it's whatever character is dominating your region. Also, I've noticed on many occasions people like to have "pocket MKs" to use when they feel discouraged and if you know the matchup it helps obviously. Especially if they don't know it.

D3 or Falco may be worse, but MK is bad too and people are most likely more confident in thier MK than thier D3/Falco unless the infinite/small step is legal.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm with Ook. If you plan on going to big tournies you're most likely going to fight MK, otherwise it's whatever character is dominating your region. Also, I've noticed on many occasions people like to have "pocket MKs" to use when they feel discouraged and if you know the matchup it helps obviously. Especially if they don't know it.

D3 or Falco may be worse, but MK is bad too and people are most likely more confident in thier MK than thier D3/Falco unless the infinite/small step is legal.
Yeah. If anything, I can't stress enough that those 2 MUs are prob equally important.

We have more of a chance against MK even if we don't know the MU as well, and the Falco MU gets so bad, that we need to know it, yet he's not as common as MK.

D3 isn't as common, but if anything you should watch all of Will's videos for all the advice you can get. You'll get dropped if you don't know the MU.

daisho

Smash Lord
At first I was like... clearly MK... but if you think about it the MK matchup is pretty standard for DK. Just attack him and kill him while trying not to get killed... Falco is a little bit more complicated in my opinion and if you know the matchup better than you can actually win pretty often so I'd say Falco.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Theres plenty of characters that will reck you if you dont know how to play them, olimar, pikachu and ice climbers are not discussed as much and can be very difficult if you dont know how to play them.

For this thread though I'm going to say ice climbers because of how dynamic they are (I know its only 55:45 in their favor) They obviously have an infinite like ddd but are much harder to approach becaues of their small size and ability to control space with blizzard and ice blocks. You cant afford to make a mistake in this matchup and must play patiently like in most matchups. If you don't know a matchup, play it like the ice climbers.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Falco.

Learn this MU or else prepare for some heavy amount of Lazers, Side-B, Jab and the CG.
I've learned to get better in this MU, the HARD way. Not the most pleasent thing lol.

Cable

Smash Lord
Metaknight imo that most popular character almost everybody uses and smashers also have pocket MK's.

When facing a DK they always think MK can easily take the win by just spamming tornado which I believe its a dum strategy if the DK plays smart. No matter what state you go your going to have to fight an MK. I'm from NJ and this is the land of MK its a state law to know how to fight him if you don't your going to get *****

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Falco is easy once you get the match up down to degree I do. ( inb4youlostto2falcosatmlg) same thing with ICs.

olimar isn't the most important but probably my hardest.

MK for sure and not for the reason that he is the most popular character, but for the simple fact that he can press B and preactically win the match up.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I main both Peach and Donkey Kong equally.

Iunno if it counts for anything.

I voted here first, anyway.
Yeah.... I'll null Peach then.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Sry SuSa.

But I really do feel that most of the boards (90%) will vote for Meta.

We need to have at least 2 or 3 different MUs that are important.

Please consider it.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Metaknight.

For pretty much the reasons that have already been said. Falco and DDD might be more difficult, but on a basic level of the opponent just spamming something such as lasers or nado, the nado seems harder to get around without prior knowledge or experience.

Top Bottom