• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Once I was in a Team Battle paired with someone and we lost then partner started the tag with "THISISWHY" and I knew salt is coming so I left right away. Who knows what the next part would have been?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Once I was in a Team Battle paired with someone and we lost then partner started the tag with "THISISWHY" and I knew salt is coming so I left right away. Who knows what the next part would have been?
All the more reasons why I only play 1-on-1 matches instead.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I actually have called something two days ago. I was playing at a time with someone, seemed like a girl for the name ('Kawaii Cat') that wasn't much of a threat or anything, but the words she wrote on the 'name holder' were nice actually. Things like 'Yay', 'Cute', 'Nice', 'UGood' and lastly, but more importantly, 'WannaBBF?'...

Yeah...

Can't say that has happened to me before, I suppose. Not sure if it was an actual girl or a troll, (Not sure because its/his/her gameplay wasn't something to bat an eye out...) but I must say that it amused me. The kind of people you find in For Glory, I'll tell you... :denzel:

:bowser:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
People insult others and more online mainly because they know they can get away with it. They are able to hide behind a screen without the fear of getting caught and decide to do anything and everything they can to make the person on the other side miserable.

It sucks, but it's going to happen even if you become a good player.

It may not happen as often, but some people just don't care. You can two stock them and they will still throw insults at you left and right. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can never avoid this unless you just stopped getting online in general. It's going to happen.

As for being the "Worst Player" you shouldn't beat yourself up honestly. Everyone has got to start somewhere and you will get better over time. It won't happen overnight or even instantly, but it will happen. I've been playing since Smash 64 and I'm still no where near a Tournament level Player. I've improved plenty over the years though, as did anyone and everyone else who put in the effort to do so. Never doubt yourself, never get upset because you feel like you aren't good enough, and most importantly just have fun.

You'll get there. We all will. Practice is literally all it takes. Well... That and patience. Lots and lots of patience.
I just don't get how some people can pick up the game, and in less than a week, they are making montage videos of For Glory players, or becoming undefeated champions at tourneys. Meanwhile for all the time I spend practing and learning, I still lose to crouch-spamming Macs with comments saying "Beashamed" (my most recent opponent)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I just don't get how some people can pick up the game, and in less than a week, they are making montage videos of For Glory players, or becoming undefeated champions at tourneys. Meanwhile for all the time I spend practing and learning, I still lose to crouch-spamming Macs with comments saying "Beashamed" (my most recent opponent)
I suppose it depends on a variety of things. Some people end up playing a variety of different games throughout their lives and tend to be literal Game Junkies. Sometimes learned skills and such can be easily carried over to other games. Of course, they still have to get used to the game they are currently playing. Point is those people are probably the ones who have played a variety of games constantly throughout the years. They've gained knowledge, experience, and probably have improved reaction times because of it as well.

At least that is how I would see it.

And that happens. I play Smash a lot. I can't sit down and play it for 6 hours straight like most can without starting to get tired of it, but I still play it almost daily. Despite this I strongly believe I wouldn't be able to come close to winning in a Tournament. I feel like I'm just a moderate player at best even though I've been playing Smash for years, and this includes the original (N64), Melee, and Brawl.

I've practiced day in and day out, and still have a long way to go before I even consider myself to be a pro at this game. Again, it just takes practice and patience. Read up on things, study characters, look at videos, and most importantly don't forget to play when you can.

Everyone gets better when we put our minds to it. Never get discouraged.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I've played a match with a Yoshi user. When I two stocked him with Ryu he used "LAGMORE" as his tag, which confused me since the match was practically lagless.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah, that has happened to me twice before. Somehow I won the match without ANY lag and they complain about that. Unless it is pure salt, but yeah.

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Whenever I do FG team battles with my cousin it always ends up in insults. Two days ago I got:

U SUK
PLZ QUIT with an arrow
2-0
and then more insults and leaves

The most extreme was being called the N word because of my Mii. ._.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've played a match with a Yoshi user. When I two stocked him with Ryu he used "LAGMORE" as his tag, which confused me since the match was practically lagless.
I remember this happened to me once before after I beat this one guy in a Link ditto match after he beat me with his Ganondorf a long time ago. Didn't make no sense since that match was lag free.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
LOL
Today I fought a Sonic player that did the "Sonic speed!" taunt when he killed me (even though I didn't taunt him). I managed to win the match and decided to fight him again.

He switches to Rosalina and I... well, just watch.

After this embarrassing loss, he changed his name to "2CHEAP4ME" and left (I managed to say "LOL" before he left).

Screw Sheik's f-air, Wario's d-tilt is something that needs to be nerfed as it is clearly overpowered.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
LOL
Today I fought a Sonic player that did the "Sonic speed!" taunt when he killed me (even though I didn't taunt him). I managed to win the match and decided to fight him again.

He switches to Rosalina and I... well, just watch.

After this embarrassing loss, he changed his name to "2CHEAP4ME" and left (I managed to say "LOL" before he left).

Screw Sheik's f-air, Wario's d-tilt is something that needs to be nerfed as it is clearly overpowered.
Funnily enough I had a similar-ish situation happen to me yesterday in For Glory while waiting for my friend to arrive.

This one guy was playing as Ness and he was pretty decent. He didn't spam PK Fire too much but it was also clear he relied on it a lot as well. He actually ended up winning the first match and double taunted at the end. After that I switched to my main King Dedede and just about two stocked him the next match. He decides it would be a good idea to switch to Captain Falcon after that.

I ended up De-Ciding him (hey, it was that or he get a Stage Spike from his Up B) and we both lost our first Stocks. After that I really started wailing on him and basically edge guarded him rather easily since he apparently didn't know how to handle Gordos at the edges too well. After I won that match I made sure to throw in a taunt back, because what goes around comes around, ya know?

At the CCS he immediately puts up "CHEAP". I basically responded with "LOL" "K" and left. Never get cocky. You'll soon pay for it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just today, I was matched against a USA Mario (why is it always the Marios...) with my Game & Watch, and it ended in a Fair spike from him. In true scrubby Mario fashion, he proceeded to taunt, change his tag to "TRASH!!!!!" and immediately leave.
I think I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing this mode again...

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just fought a R.O.B. that loved to throw gyros everywhere. I beat him twice as Wario and he changed his name to "SPAMMER", than he ran off before I had a chance to say anything (funny since all he did was spam gyros).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I fought a Dedede user earlier against my Little Mac and he eventually ended up beating me on both of our matches. He changed his tag to "RIP", "USUCK" and "DEEZNUTZ" (the hell does this mean...). I don't see any reason why anyone would have the audacity to criticize other people after winning a match just so they could feel good about themselves.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A few days ago me and my brother were on 2v2 and we found a Ness and WFT that just kept spamming PK-thunder and soccer ball respectively. We beat them easily, then they keep insulting us with tags. They said about 20 insults, though some I can remember from the top of my head are: "SPAMMER" "UGLY" "LOL" "RUN" "HAHA". They left right afterwards. I'm guessing they were just trolling but still...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The way these guys entered For Glory tonight left both me and my friend in awe, mainly because we've never seen anyone ballsy enough, or rather stupid enough to even do these things before even starting a match. Before they even fought us they used these tags:

"******S" "PLEBS" "LAG=F&G" "ONLYMILFS" "SUK MY DIC" "U SUK" "KILURSELVS" ... And more I can't remember.

They literally did all of that until the timer ran out. But that's okay, because they weren't that good at all. My friend and I decided to be as disrespectful as possible after their little Tag Show. We tried to be both spammy as possible, as well as taunt each and every chance we had. I'm pretty sure we were able to pull off 8 or so taunts in one match. After their second match with us they left quickly.

All trash talk and no bite I guess. Oh well, I hope they learned their lesson. (Probably not though)

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
yeah, quite a few times
never anything too offensive though usually just incredibly stupid stuff.

actually the funniest one was probably when i was playing on my brother's account which has a purposely weird mii, and before the match even began, while we were selecting our characters he changed his name to 'UGLYMII' lol
like why would i play you if you start that stuff before the match even begins?

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
I was playing a zss and all they did was spam the stun gun and wait on one side. After I beat them they switched their name to "Srub" so I changed mine to "NoJohns" and played villager and stalled them out and won in sudden death. They then called me a Freaky Alien Genotype and left.

Peff

Smash Cadet
It's actually been a very long time since I've had any of that FG crap happen to me. Even way back when it did happen, I'm pretty sure they were just trying to be "lol ironic," aka the new "lol so random"

ChibiChan12

Smash Cadet
Yes, I have. I've never been victimized (or what I use, insulted) for winning, but instead, for losing. It's kind of sad to me because you've (the opponent) already won, why are you cursing at me and calling me names? Out of joy? Why would you go out of your way to insult someone? Really quite pathetic to me. That's all I'm going to say.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Using the Captain Fabulous palette gets me all the hate on For Glory. My face looks much like my avatar when they talk trash.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Using the Captain Fabulous palette gets me all the hate on For Glory. My face looks much like my avatar when they talk trash.
Couldn't agree more. I feel the same as my avatar when FG trash talks me too!

Bee86

Smash Rookie
NNID
beebianchini
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
I've never encountered anything that could be interpreted as a personal attack, but I have been in 1v1 matches with people using sexually suggestive nametags which is... sort of f*cked up, to be honest. Let's try to keep the filth to a minimal level in this E-rated game, shall we?

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Ran into a DK that with a "HAHA" tag. Very close match, he won. Proceeds to say I'm bad, I suck, and then leave with a 1-0. Like dude, you gonna talk mad trash and not back it up with a runback? Literally ANYBODY can win once in a set.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've managed to get out of for Glory Hell early on so I don't have many stories to share...

Although I went on co-op doubles the other day and only like 1/10 matches without a team saying something offensive. Like, sheash... Doesn't anybody know there's a report button?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last week I fought a Sonic who purposefully SD'd when I took his first stock. Next match he goes gordo DeDeDe and again kills himself when he loses his first stock. On the CSS he changes his tag to "WHATEVER" "I'M" "OUT". What the heck does he mean by "whatever"? He sounded like I was constantly spamming him or something. Guess he was just salty from not winning.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I stumbled upon an Ike user last night whom I ended up getting my ass handed to him. Changed his tag to "RIP" and left.

**** if these ******** want to act like they own the place or something, then go right on ahead. I don't give a ****. I got more important things in life to worry about, like saving as much money as I can to pay off my damn medical bills.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I see it happen often when games are very close and I get the USuk/insults for no reason when the opponents are usually the ones playing poorly and making bad decisions. I usually keep challenging those people until they get tired of losing. I also occasionally get called "Spammer" when most of the times, I'm just usually doing combos or grab setups.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Last week I fought a Sonic who purposefully SD'd when I took his first stock. Next match he goes gordo DeDeDe and again kills himself when he loses his first stock. On the CSS he changes his tag to "WHATEVER" "I'M" "OUT". What the heck does he mean by "whatever"? He sounded like I was constantly spamming him or something. Guess he was just salty from not winning.
Sounds like someone didn't get their after nap juice box.

Seriously though, it sounds like if he wasn't able to get a two-stock on you then it wasn't worth it to him.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Every once and awhile someone will call me "Spammer" which is a response they use after they lose to my R.O.B.

Although lately, I have noticed a trend where people are using more kinder nameplates, like "UrGood" "GGS" "Thank you" "Friend Me" etc,

I tend to respond with a "GG :)" even after I get bodied or feel frustrated after a loss just to remain positive and create a fun environment.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently stumbled upon some guy that had the tag "BAD" already set but I left without fighting him. I wasn't gonna go through with this **** if he turned out to be an ass.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Only time I can really remember is once someone put "gitgud" in their tag after I got boddied by them. I have no idea where all these immature players are, because I never seem to see them. Mostly it's just excessive in match taunts more than anything.

I try to keep it positive with stuff like "Nice" if they do something cool, "LOL" is something funny happens, or "GGs" if we played a few matches and they were good opponents (skill and sportsmanship wise).

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Today I fought a Pikachu that did nothing - and I mean nothing - but run away and spam thunder jolt. He did alright at racking damage but had no idea how to actually kill as Pikachu. I beat him while I have 205% on my first stock.

On the CSS, he changes his name to "GGWP" "Lag" ":(" and leaves immediately after. It's even funnier since his profile tag thing is "Lag kills Pika :(". I had some laggy games today but my match with this Pikachu was almost lagless.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
So I'm playing Shulk, and I up against a very good Pit player, which is supremely rare in For Glory. I beat him a couple of times, and he wins once, he changed his tag to "U SUCK" then left. Surprisingly this guy has a Smashboards account.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Today while playing 2V2 For Glory with a friend we went against these two players who we beat constantly except for one match.

After we won our first match one of them feels the need to mirror my King Dedede. I don't really mind mirror matches and I could understand if he was a King Dedede main too; however he did nothing but Gordo Toss at all times. After we won that match I decided to switch to my other Main ROB given how I know the match up between the two. One of them was still King Dedede and still doing nothing but Gordo Toss, so for every time he threw one out I used my Laser or Gyro to smack it back at him and his teammate.

Heck, sometimes I even used Neutral A to do it. I kept smacking them back easily no matter what he did or how he used them.

This went on for the next three to four matches, the guy refusing to learn that "Hey, Gordos are doing more harm than good". Eventually the same guy that tried to Mirror my King Dedede then decides to main my ROB and does nothing but spam. Sadly though, my friend switched the Little Mac and got KOed one too many times. They wait at the results screen for us to time out, and then put up:

"SPAMMERS" "U SUK" "GAYS" "******S" "GIT GUD" "SEE YA" .... And then promptly leaves before they could time out.

BONUS STORY:
This happened two weeks ago as well in 2V2 For Glory. We won our first match by +3 I think, and the two players we beat first put up "USTILLSUK" and took quite a while, then another put my friends Tag up so it read his Tag Name followed by that. We beat them again and they took awhile again only to switch his Tag Name out with mine so it read as "KIRBCIDER" "USTILLSUK" and kept it up.

So, we taunt them like crazy our third match and beat them yet again. The left so fast after that I swear they disconnected at the end.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Today I fought :4luigi: and I managed to take his first stock within 10 seconds. I beat him two times and he keeps changing his name to things like "eZpZ" "GITGOOD". Because you know, I totally did NOT take his first stock in 10 seconds and beat him twice. I counter by saying "LOL" and "SO SALTY", and we fight again. I easily beat his Fox followed by me beating his Olimar. Right before his Olimar lost his 2nd stock, there was a gigantic lag spike and he wasn't at the CSS, meaning that he rage quitted when he knew the match was over.

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Last edited:
Top Bottom