• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I answered no to the poll question because I haven't felt "victimized" while playing FG. I've been called plenty of things, but I never get offended by them. In fact, I usually find it quite humorous.

I nearly pissed myself when I kept on beating this DK/Ganon and he would then change his tags to "U GOOD" "BUT" "BORING." I was just about to type THANKS until I saw that last part, and then I was like oh it's on MFer. Needless to say, I made it my life's mission to style on him whenever possible, and succeeded at that.

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Who in their right mind feels personally victimized just because someone called them names on the internet?

Last edited:

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
Most classic for glory name calling moment for me was when I was playing against this guy and switched to falcon. Before I even did anything they SD'd twice and then called me something like "FALCONSCRUB" or something along those lines and then left. They clearly assumed I was one of the for glory captain falcon scrubs when I use him as my main and is probably my best character. They didn't even see what my falcon was like. Stuff like that is why I hate people who use falcon just because he's cool.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Plenty of times. From "scrub" to "trash" to "boring" and pretty much anything else imaginable.

However, I did receive one nice comment on FG before. There was this one kid who said "ESAM?" and I smiled.
Never thought I would hear someone compare me to him, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fought an :4myfriends: today that did nothing but spam specials. I beat him twice with little trouble and he changes his name to "SUCKADICK". Next match he goes :4lucario: and rage quits when I take his first stock. I say "LOL" and he leaves.

:shaker:

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Fought a guy that played with a :4ganondorf: & a :4falcon:.

Didn't though this was guy was going to be a rude, condescending prick, but man, it was. Told me things like "2Easy", "You=Scrub", and such. At the least, I had some matches close tio beating him yet he thought I was 'easy'. Wow. Nice job trying to be a 'higher-better' by spamming side-B any time you could, Smash-attacks left and right and taunts all-around...

Can't say this has happened to me before as I just play with mostly 'lose/win and leave' people. Ha. Well, it was interesting for what it is.

Debating if I should report people who do this for curiosity sake...

:smirk:

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
In the past few days...
  • I've gotten called a "Troll" by someone all because I've beaten them twice. Like, wut? What was I doing that was trollish?

• I encountered someone last night in a 2V2 For Glory match with a friend, who as soon as they KOed me they taunted immediately despite my friend being right there and KOing them for it. In the end we won by +3. At the CSS they wasted absolutely no time to put up "TRASH" and leave immediately. Like as soon as they put that up they were gone in a flash without even changing it back.

Yup. We beat you by +3 with only one death on our end, therefore we're totally trash. Can I use this salt on my fries? :shaker:

• I beat someone three to four times in a row and then they get one victory despite being in the 100%s, I'm told to "GITGUD" and how much I apparently suck before they leave with their one victory in tact. Oh boy they must think they put me in my place.
Fought an :4myfriends: today that did nothing but spam specials. I beat him twice with little trouble and he changes his name to "SUCKADICK". Next match he goes :4lucario: and rage quits when I take his first stock. I say "LOL" and he leaves.

:shaker:
A little off-topic, but I find it pretty funny some like to use the Tags "UrGay" "******s" Usuckdick" etc, especially against me since I'm actually Gay. I've actually made a ";)" Tag for it and thought about making other responses just for those specific ones sometimes. :troll:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
who as soon as they KOed me they taunted immediately despite my friend being right there and KOing them for it.
This drives me crazy and is one of the reasons I stopped play local 2v2 FG with my brother. No matter how many times we dominate the other team, someone will always do this even if they're about to lose.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Me and @Izayoi got called weeaboos the other day in 2v2 FG lol (Our tags are "Harasho~" and "Nanisore!?"). After the first game the other team switched their tags to "English?" and "Dam Weeaboos"

After we won the second game I switched my tag to "LOL!" and Izayoi switched his to "Pizza Cake" then we left. It was an entertaining experience.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've been running into so many spammers/rollers that spam taunts whenever they get a kill (specifically :4link:'s and :4dedede:'s). If I beat someone that spams and just runs away, I'm thinking of changing my name to "NICE SPAM" and "LEARN2FITE" followed by a block. Yes I know this is sort of mean but I am just sick of fighting these kinds of players and hopefully it'll encourage them to actually fight.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've been running into so many spammers/rollers that spam taunts whenever they get a kill (specifically :4link:'s and :4dedede:'s). If I beat someone that spams and just runs away, I'm thinking of changing my name to "NICE SPAM" and "LEARN2FITE" followed by a block. Yes I know this is sort of mean but I am just sick of fighting these kinds of players and hopefully it'll encourage them to actually fight.
If I ever encounter one of those, I just leave regardless of whether I win or lose. Spammers aren't worth wasting my time and effort with.

And while I'm at it, I encountered some guy earlier that had the tag "NORESPECT" and then "PooP". Soon as I saw those, I immediately left without fighting the guy. Again, anytime I find someone that starts off with tags like those, I say **** that ****. I'm just gonna look for someone else.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Last night in a 2V2 For Glory with a friend we came across a duo that seemed sort of bad. Not terrible, but not great either.

One of them knew how to play certain characters pretty well but would then switch to a character that made it look like they had no idea what they were doing. As for their teammate it seemed like they didn't know how to play at all. They were easily KOed a lot and didn't really do much to help them. In any case, these guys didn't have any tags up at the start but after their third loss they used:

"REALLY?" "WTF" "BAD TEAM" "LOSERS"

Were they saying they were a bad team? Highly unlikely I suppose. We would of left after our third victory but since they chose to be salty we decided to stay and gave them a real reason to be salty. We still won every single match and even started to taunt them too.

Eventually one of them even went as far as to start picking my friends characters that he picked, which didn't end well at all.

And while I'm at it, I encountered some guy earlier that had the tag "NORESPECT" and then "PooP". Soon as I saw those, I immediately left without fighting the guy. Again, anytime I find someone that starts off with tags like those, I say **** that ****. I'm just gonna look for someone else.
I tend to do this as well most of the time. Not all the time, but most of the time. I guess it varies on how much patience I have that day.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I tend to leave ASAP if someone has an obnoxious tag or Mii because I find that those are usually good indicators that they are not the type of player that I will have any fun fighting against. However, I will stick around for another game or two if someone really gets on my nerves after the first fight. Why, you ask? Just to knock them down a few pegs and raise their sodium output. I feed off their salt...

I also use the nametag feature to tell (nice) bad players what they are doing wrong. Idk if it comes off as offensive, but I swear I'm trying to help them.

Last edited:

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
Someone said: "You Spam" and "No Skill" right after I beat them twice, one of which was a two stock.

Idek what else to say, lol. That sums up my experiences.

MrDrProfessor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-3303-8549
I've just started playing for glory on the Wii U (used to play a lot on the 3ds due to not having a Gamecube Controller in good condition) and all I can say is that I find Wii U For Glory players much easier than 3ds For Glory players probably due to most Wii U players focus more on gloating and taunting rather than the game itself.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't play on the Wii U, so I haven't had this problem yet, but I'll tell you this...
If I did, I'm absolutely sure I would be called names. I had people get salty at me at Smashladder of all places, where I thought people would be civil.

Copy_Kirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
anime9090
someone once changed there name to "ur trash" after i beat them with pre-patch diddy and jr.
i lol'd.

zlakerboy357

Smash Rookie
NNID
zlakerboy357
3DS FC
2552-3511-4876
I got called "U R BAD" on For Glory because I lost one match to a guy. The dumbest part is that I won 3 other matches againts him and he still kept that tag lol

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
Usually if I stay with somebody long enough and do really poorly against them, they'll eventually just say something like "usuck" or "getgud", although I suppose that's to be expected and it doesn't really bother me. I mean, the worst anybody can do is change their nametag to something inappropriate. That's...really not that scary. I mean no it doesn't feel good, but it only hurts as much as you let it hurt. Usually the people who do that are ones I can tell aren't actually that "good" but just have a playstyle that I have trouble adapting to, so I imagine they're probably just trying to build their self-esteem by kneeing you as Captain Falcon and calling you a ***. You know, the most non-pathetic way to build your self esteem ever.

What I find genuinely amusing though is when I beat somebody once in a close match, then they beat me the next round in an equally close match, tell me I suck and then leave immediately. For example, just today I ended a really close match by spiking someone with Dedede's Dair. They won the next match against my Wario as Rosalina and did exactly that. It was funny because I could just imagine him shaking and screaming at his Gamepad "I SHOULD HAVE WON THAT FIRST MATCH! I'M BETTER THAN HIIIIIM!!!"

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
Thought I would go on FG for once after not being on it for a long time. I get matched with this guy using Mewtwo and I beat him with Donkey Kong the first match. I down taunt while he's being screen KO'd. This must've set him off because during the next match he was taunting and crouch spamming while playing Charizard. I have to respect the decency of his Charizard but all he did was mock me throughout the match. He beats me and he constantly changes his tag between "LOL" and "BWAHAHAHA" he also used a ;) smiley sometimes.

After losing two more matches, I switch to Mega Man, he uses Falco and thinks the reflector is the only viable option again Mega Man. It's not. I beat him and he continues to switch his tags back and forth to mock me. I switch to Little Mac, and when the next match begins, he's using Mega Man. So I take him down with no struggle because he obviously doesn't know how to use him properly. He changes his tags again, this time throwing in a "U MAD?" Honestly, I was. But later on I see I had no reason to. He was so childish that he sent me a friend request with an angry message telling me to remember how bad he beat me.

This is why I stay away from FG. I'm trying to enjoy the game, and it'd help if 9/10 times my opponent didn't act like a total brat.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I never thought I would, but I have. At one point, I decided to try Charizard out. I haven't seen him played well, so I figured I might as well try to. During our matches, I noticed that I was using Flare Blitz a bit too much, so afterwards he changed his tag to "SCRUB". While there WAS 3 other players, I'm almost certain he was referring to me.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It seems like the biggest Salt & Insult Generator in For Glory is 2V2s, as I encounter more of that there than in 1V1s.

My friend and I went against this one pair who played as Donkey Kong and Ganondorf, and near the very end of the match the Donkey Kong Taunt Spammed as much as he could no matter what. They beat us by +3 and at the CSS they decided to switch their tags:

"Pull (Down Symbol) Pants" "ISIS RULZ" "SUCK ME"

.... And left instantly. That was the first, and only match we had with them. About an hour later we came across another duo who we proceeded to beat each and every single time. Half way between there they started taunting so we did too. These guys stayed for about 13 matches and lost them all before winning one single match by +1. So we won 12 and they won only once. How do they react?

"REKT" "SUCK" "NOOBS"

Oh yes, we were so very much "rekt" despite having a win streak of 12 against you and only lost by 1 point. We're so noobs you got us lol. And surprise surprise they left immediately after their win and insults. I swear the amount of salt in For Glory is pretty incredible.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Today, I acted as a salt shaker to someone unintentionally. So... now that Cloud is everywhere I decided to put another tag called "Cloud City" instead of Purin. In a good manner and without wanting to offend anyone, I just found it to be kind of funny (and people who like Star Wars may know what I'm referencing, pretty obvious actually).
This guy comes. He immediately puts IHATECLOUD CLOUDG** WHY??? and cicles through these tags three times, maybe even four. The match starts, he's that kind of Zelda who spams Up-B. My Kirby destroys him completely, with a 2-stock and only 37% damage applied to me. I proceed to ignore him and report (I don't usually do that, but these tags are to harm despite not making me feel bad in any way). He is simply not there anymore.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I can guarantee that Corrin users will be called "Weeaboo Trash" or something like that when he/she is released. I'm betting on it.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Or 'Waifu Lover/Jacker' or something among those lines. Jeez. Didn't thought that would be possible to be called on FG until now, but damn. That's another insult that will be thrown around, alright...

:troll:

1FrameLink

Smash Rookie
"Have you ever felt personally victimised on FG?" is the poll question and "yes" is winning. Top lel. I thought I signed up for smash boards, not tumblr.

No I haven't ever felt victimised by all the salty busters on FG. I main Link and Mac, if I'm not getting insulting remarks I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I haven't.

But people who say they find insults humorous should really rethink what they are saying. Smash can be a very agitating game at times, and it can be easy to see why.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
I remember a while ago, I was on the cancer called For Glory. I got matched up with somebody I think was called Dex. He was using a pretty bad Yoshi, so I beat him with Ness. At the CSS he put up "PKFIRE" and "SPAM" so I just replied with "?" because I only used PK fire 4 times for each of his stocks. Next round he chose Ness and I chose Toon Link, he ended up winning due to catching me offguard with his PK Fire + PK Thunder 2 spam near the end of the round. After the round at the CSS he said the following:
" LOL_IDIOT "
"GITGUD "
" 10_YO_kid" ( I'm pretty sure this means 10 year old kid " )
"XD"
Then he left. Also, I'm pretty sure he saved a replay. I'm pretty sure he was :shaker:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Today was pretty interesting in 2V2 For Glory today.

I decided to play around with Cloud for a bit today just to have a breath of fresh air. Besides I bought the DLC, so why not use him every now and then right? It seems the two we were against didn't appreciate that, and after three losses in a row put up the tags "CLOUD OP" followed by "U SUCK". I knew Cloud can get plenty of people salty but never expected to get someone salty as Cloud myself.

After the following tags came up my friend and I decided to play as double Cloud, because why not at that point? Two matches of this they then put up the tags "TRYHARDS" and "LOSERS". So I suppose that's where the real fun ended and we eventually switched to our mains in response. The two other players respond by going Ness and Lucas and trying to spam as hard as they possibly could. In the end they lost by -5 and we made sure to taunt each KO as well, and they then tried to insult us even more after that. That's a lot of salt.

I eventually made the tag "U MAD?" just for those two, which made them leave quickly afterwords. Don't try to disrespect and insult someone and expect not to get it in return. That doesn't necessarily justify our behavior but sometimes people need their own medicine.

Two hours or so after that, we got back on and met someone with the tags "TEAMS NEED" and "NO SKILL".

And what do you know, they played as double Robin and only relied on their Fire and Lightning Spells. After beating them by +3 they then switch to double Sonic and not only spam his Spin attack, but also tried really hard to use his flow chart moves. Once we beat them by +3 yet again they change their tags to "YOU HAVE" and "NO SKILL" before becoming ready. At that point we decided to leave, especially since it was clear all they were going to do was spam anyways. I'm pretty sure they would of gone double Little Mac next most likely.

Last edited:

Dwiz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dwizzy787
I had someone, after bodying him for a stock in an almost lag free pikachu ditto, SD and then change his name to "Lag". When we played again, the lag was unbearable, and he won.

I was/am mad.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I've been called so many things it's getting a little concerning. In one instance, I 2-stocked a Ryu and took minimal damage (about 20%-ish, not certain) as Palutena. Not to boast, but this guy wasn't bad either. I honestly had a good game of reads and such and was able to stop everything he tried to do. After the game, he tagged "NOOOB!" and "KILLURSF" ("kill yourself," possibly). Like whoa, that was a bit much. I had the nerve to provoke him into another match and said "Lol," and as expected he got ready for another match, this time as Captain Falcon. Practically the same results, I took about 30% damage. He spammed probably 900 subjective tags including, "NOSKILL," "LOSER," and finally, "LEAVE," which was pretty hilarious. I didn't even taunt in the matches either. What's wrong with people?

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Haven't met with any jerks that have called me names after a loss, but just today I got called "Runner" and "Pathetic" after I won against a Jiggs player. Didn't know using PKT2 right next to their Jiggs counted as pathetic running, but eh. :^)

To be frank though, I've only played with mostly good sports. Really dig the people with fun tags. <:
My tag is "SWOOD" (referencing JonTron's California games video) and I've had about three people recognise it and change their tag to "GROMET". I was so happy when they did. <3

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Can't say that I have. Unless they leave messages on miiverse or whatever the messaging system is, cuz I haven't checked that ever lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The other day before a match, I got paired up with a guy that had "GET_SMOKED" as his tag. Y'all already what happens when I get hooked up with someone like him.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Today was the first time I got name called
Someone just beat my Samus with a rob that spammed gyro and doing beep boops.
He said I was spam trash
HAHAHAHA XD XD:denzel:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fought a red :4robinf: today (I think her name was Wolfgang or something like that) who had a habit of rolling a lot. I beat them once, then fight them again. For the second match she kept running away and spamming arcfire and arcthunder. She kills me with like 30 seconds left and 130%, then taunts.

On the CSS she changes her name to "GIT GUD" "BIKE" "SPAMMER" (I was Wario). I wish I had a tag that said "IRONY" or "UBARELYWON" because I would have used them ASAP. Instead I just could have said "SO SALTY" which led to her saying "I NO U R".

And like your typical FG player that can't back anything up she leaves.

Maybe I did use the bike more often than I should of, but that was only because she kept running away.

I don't mean to sound sexist, but why is it that every female I fight on FG has to be such a jerk? I don't think I have ever fought a female that has never teabagged, taunted, or insulted me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Fought a red :4robinf: today (I think her name was Wolfgang or something like that) who had a habit of rolling a lot. I beat them once, then fight them again. For the second match she kept running away and spamming arcfire and arcthunder. She kills me with like 30 seconds left and 130%, then taunts.

On the CSS she changes her name to "GIT GUD" "BIKE" "SPAMMER" (I was Wario). I wish I had a tag that said "IRONY" or "UBARELYWON" because I would have used them ASAP. Instead I just could have said "SO SALTY" which led to her saying "I NO U R".

And like your typical FG player that can't back anything up she leaves.

Maybe I did use the bike more often than I should of, but that was only because she kept running away.

I don't mean to sound sexist, but why is it that every female I fight on FG has to be such a jerk? I don't think I have ever fought a female that has never teabagged, taunted, or insulted me.
I guess girls can't handle men with bikes. lol

Top Bottom