• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Today, I've faced another salty Yoshi. He was way better than the other one, actually, but the salt was bigger. I 2-stocked him twice with the same trick: Kirbycide. As I killed him with it, he came and said "NOSKILL ->", that arrow indicating me to get out! What, so I would have skill if I let you meteor-smash me? After the second match he suddenly left before I could even take out my "SALTY?" tag.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yes. I've had it happened in For Glory FFA. I have yet experience personal insults in singles.

Tags like...

"N*GGER" (I'm black just an FYI and I was name-called before the match even started.)

"OVUL8" (Oh, my FAVORITE insult >_>. I won playing as Peach. Did best 2 out of 3 with with the person insulting me and beat the rest of my two opponents. After my victory, I turned off the console.)

"U SUCK" (When I lost to a spammer. Someone actually stood up for me. We're friends to this day.)

"IT'S OVER" (This guy I think must have fought me in the past.)

"F***INGSUK" (Same guy above. I won the match.)

"AVOIDING ME" (This chick from For Fun FFA ganged me with the help of a friend. I dittoed her ZSS after she chased and tailed me throughout the match from the previous battles.)

Nah

Smash Champion
Occasionally people will change their tag to some sort of attempted insult. Usually it's about camping or spamming (because I play Robin).

I don't really even camp that much, and like what, am I supposed to be sorry that Thunder and Arcfire are integral to my character's gameplan? Be sorry that her jab is really good but her tilts are meh and smashes laggy so I'm gonna jab a lot? lol **** no
What do these people want me to do, pretend I'm Fox or something? No, I'm gonna use my projectiles and jab a lot and not play too aggressively and if you don't like that then tough ****.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Yeah, I've gotten tons of insult tags and such. Mostly when I play Kirby or Pika.
I've noticed I mostly receive these tags from particularly try-hard players.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Oh, yes. I've had it happened in For Glory FFA. I have yet experience personal insults in singles.

Tags like...

"N*GGER" (I'm black just an FYI and I was name-called before the match even started.)

"OVUL8" (Oh, my FAVORITE insult >_>. I won playing as Peach. Did best 2 out of 3 with with the person insulting me and beat the rest of my two opponents. After my victory, I turned off the console.)

"U SUCK" (When I lost to a spammer. Someone actually stood up for me. We're friends to this day.)

"IT'S OVER" (This guy I think must have fought me in the past.)

"F***INGSUK" (Same guy above. I won the match.)

"AVOIDING ME" (This chick from For Fun FFA ganged me with the help of a friend. I dittoed her ZSS after she chased and tailed me throughout the match from the previous battles.)
I had a few people call out the racial slurs, I'm black too, sometimes I wonder if Miis actually matter in people when they try to insult, Still pathetic nonetheless

D

Deleted member

I fought this Donkey Kong with Luigi and I won.
Then I fought him as Pikachu and I won. He then says "NICE SPAM". Really? I wasn't even spamming with Pikachu! I found openings and I exploited them.

The next match I switched to Little Mac. What does he do? He switches to Fox and goes on one side of the stage to spam his Blaster.
I honestly spammed some smash attacks because at that point, I really didn't care. I was trying my damn best to disrespect him by breaking his shield (because of the new shield stun benefiting Little Mac)... and it worked. I ended the match by landing a fully charged Straight Lunge on him.

He left immediately afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
For Glory has been really showing it's classy side lately it seems. Some amusing things that happened:

I play a lot of 2V2s with a friend of mine cause he comes over rather often. One day we got on For Glory and went against these two players who had to obviously be in Middle School or something. They played well, spammed often but played well. In the end they lost every single match with us, some worse than others. Every time they lost they would put up ridiculous tags such as but not limited to:

"USukDik" "USukmyDik" "Ueat@sshol" "ULik@ss" "Likmy@sshol" ... There were others but those were the most memorable ones.

We also went against these two other players on the same day hours later I believe who, whether they won or lost would always change their tags to something either gross, offensive, or.... Insults maybe? I have no clue, but these guys had a full list of these things.

BONUS STORY TIME: This actually happened yesterday in 2V2 For Glory. These two players were as salty as they come. The very first match they lost they put up "Spam?" when we didn't do it at all. Well, my friend decided to show them what real spam was by switching to Charizard and spamming Fire Blitz countless times. They switched their tags to "Spam?" "YES!" after that. He went back to playing normally after that by switching to Shulk, and we won again. They decided to repeatedly cycle through those tags now.

Eventually, I think our 4th match they ended up winning by +1 out of luck with only 3 seconds left. They then changed their tag to "USUCK" and cycled through the tags from before again. Well, we decided to start dishing out the disrespect in full now.

I switched to King Dedede and he switched to Ganondorf. We not only taunted constantly, but won by +4 that time. To make things even funnier is they tried taunting as well even though they were losing horribly. They tried so incredibly hard. Two matches of this they try to mirror us, lost even more horribly and proceeded to cycle through their tags and added an additional "GG" tag up at the end. I highly doubt they meant "Good Game" but rather "Git Gud". These had to of been the saltiest try hards I ever witnessed. Stay classy For Glory.

Stay classy.....

Last edited:

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
There was one guy that beat me with :4yoshi: that changed his tag to "PKBITCH" after he beat me because because of a f-air spike.

I beat him the next game taking both of his stocks with the deadly back-throw to "okey" combo to maximize his salt.

After that he replied with a "NOSKILL" and a "LOL" tag, and I replied with ":)" and a lol of my own.

Beating people that change their tags to insults is one of the most satisfying things to do in FG.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Rarely, I have been called some things like 'USUCK' or something but very little. If anything, at all, is like they don't even bother to do that and leave JUST after one defeat.

Guess the salt was very much difficult to contain that they had to leave... :smirk:

phire_

Smash Cadet
I faced a guy who had a pretty good R.O.B. and I lost to him as a result.

After beating me, he called me autistic, a piece of s#!t, told me I was trash, and basically laughed in my face.

Seriously, if I had the ability to teleport, I would teleport to where that guy was and beat him up until he's in critical condition.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I faced a guy who had a pretty good R.O.B. and I lost to him as a result.

After beating me, he called me autistic, a piece of s#!t, told me I was trash, and basically laughed in my face.

Seriously, if I had the ability to teleport, I would teleport to where that guy was and beat him up until he's in critical condition.
I have NEVER met a R.O.B. player on Wi-Fi that was a good sport. They all had to be annoying for some reason.

Yes I have been called names before.
One recently was when I was using Zelda. The dude wrote: CAMPERSUCK.

Was that the same dude who wrote: BANZELDA?

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
My most notable is when I actually had a guy go to my Miiverse profile way back in like November just to say that my Marth sucks, I have no skill, I try too hard, and complaining that I didn't give him the runback. He actually posted this on a very old post of mine that regards Windwaker.

I only ever deny the runback if the opponent was very annoying(rolled all over the place), the match was laggy, or if there's input delay.

Other than that, I do run into people who change their tags into things like "U SUCK", "UR BAD", and "LOSER", despite winning or having more overall wins in the set.

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I encountered this interesting Megaman player on For Glory just now.

He wasn't a salty player in the slightest, but I thought I'd share the story here. Anyways, he would change his tag to different "-MAN" names. He played differently based on that tag he used. He started off with his tag as "BOMB MAN" where he literally just spammed his side-b over and over. After I won, he then changed his name to "JUMP MAN" and just did nothing but jumping with forward airs and back airs. So on and so forth. I think he used 6 different "styles". After I beat his last one "SHOOT MAN", he made his tag "THE END" and then left.

So bizzare, but I admired his creativity nonetheless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might as well just go ahead and improvise by creating some tags just in case I bump into one of those again, just for the humor of it.
Oooold post but I like this idea. A lot. I don't have any response tags for any salty people or pricks on FG yet, so what would be some creative ones?
I encountered this interesting Megaman player on For Glory just now.

He wasn't a salty player in the slightest, but I thought I'd share the story here. Anyways, he would change his tag to different "-MAN" names. He played differently based on that tag he used. He started off with his tag as "BOMB MAN" where he literally just spammed his side-b over and over. After I won, he then changed his name to "JUMP MAN" and just did nothing but jumping with forward airs and back airs. So on and so forth. I think he used 6 different "styles". After I beat his last one "SHOOT MAN", he made his tag "THE END" and then left.

So bizzare, but I admired his creativity nonetheless.
I've been laughing at this straight for the past ten minutes and my cheeks are red and I can barely speak. Seriously that is just friggin' platinum lols right there.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oooold post but I like this idea. A lot. I don't have any response tags for any salty people or pricks on FG yet, so what would be some creative ones?
Well here's what got...and it goes like this. *ahem*

"LOVEUTOO" (when responding to something like "F**K_YOU" or "FACK_YOU")
"Y_U_MAD?"
"LOSER:p"
"HMMM_SALT" (a pun of Homer Simpson's "Hmmm, donuts" quote)
"I_KNOW:p" (when responding to the typical "YOUSUCK" tags if you end up getting beaten by them just to humor myself because...well...I only play this to have fun)
"URNOFUN:/" (I use this tag prior to leaving if my salty opponent decides to go another round after beating their asses a few times in a row)

That's all I got. I don't have that many of those because, apparently, sore losers are pretty rare from my experience. The rest I have are all positive tags like "GGs^_^" and all that.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Well here's what got...and it goes like this. *ahem*

"LOVEUTOO" (when responding to something like "F**K_YOU" or "FACK_YOU")
"Y_U_MAD?"
"LOSER:p"
"HMMM_SALT" (a pun of Homer Simpson's "Hmmm, donuts" quote)
"I_KNOW:p" (when responding to the typical "YOUSUCK" tags if you end up getting beaten by them just to humor myself because...well...I only play this to have fun)
"URNOFUN:/" (I use this tag prior to leaving if my salty opponent decides to go another round after beating their ***** a few times in a row)

That's all I got. I don't have that many of those because, apparently, sore losers are pretty rare from my experience. The rest I have are all positive tags like "GGs^_^" and all that.
I think the likelihood of encountering poor sports varies depending on your character. I'm used to getting lots of hate as Sonic lmao.

D

Deleted member

I think the likelihood of encountering poor sports varies depending on your character. I'm used to getting lots of hate as Sonic lmao.
To be fair Sonic is pretty much a giant salt magnet. Many raised pitchforks during the Brawl days at taunts like "C'mon, step it up!" or "You're too slow!". That and I guess since Sonic moves very fast and can easily punish a foolhardy player's mistakes, low-level players get pissed at not knowing how to fight him properly. I mained Sonic for about four years in Brawl before I dropped him for other characters, and my friends back then couldn't stand my Sonic lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Basically I play whoever I wanna play as. I see no reason why people would start throwing insults just cuz I play as a certain character or whatever.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
It depends on the character really. When you defeat someone consider not as often playable or hated like Sonic, it can get pretty salty at times. :dazwa:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I love how I get called "SPAMMER" because most of Sonic's moves are rolling into a ball.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I'm SICK of being mocked and bullied online. I know I'm the worst player in the game, but people don't have to rub my own salt into the wounds. What I wouldn't give for half the talent most of you guys have ;(

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Don't worry about that dude. We ALL had those kind of moments where you feel you could have done something different at the outcome of a match. It just takes trial and error, and eventually you CAN make it. ;)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm SICK of being mocked and bullied online. I know I'm the worst player in the game, but people don't have to rub my own salt into the wounds. What I wouldn't give for half the talent most of you guys have ;(
Giga Kaiju Giga Kaiju has a point right there. Besides, it's not gonna make things any better if you keep making such a big deal about it.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
People insult others and more online mainly because they know they can get away with it. They are able to hide behind a screen without the fear of getting caught and decide to do anything and everything they can to make the person on the other side miserable.

It sucks, but it's going to happen even if you become a good player.

It may not happen as often, but some people just don't care. You can two stock them and they will still throw insults at you left and right. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can never avoid this unless you just stopped getting online in general. It's going to happen.

As for being the "Worst Player" you shouldn't beat yourself up honestly. Everyone has got to start somewhere and you will get better over time. It won't happen overnight or even instantly, but it will happen. I've been playing since Smash 64 and I'm still no where near a Tournament level Player. I've improved plenty over the years though, as did anyone and everyone else who put in the effort to do so. Never doubt yourself, never get upset because you feel like you aren't good enough, and most importantly just have fun.

You'll get there. We all will. Practice is literally all it takes. Well... That and patience. Lots and lots of patience.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
My most notable is when I actually had a guy go to my Miiverse profile way back in like November just to say that my Marth sucks, I have no skill, I try too hard, and complaining that I didn't give him the runback. He actually posted this on a very old post of mine that regards Windwaker.

I only ever deny the runback if the opponent was very annoying(rolled all over the place), the match was laggy, or if there's input delay.

Other than that, I do run into people who change their tags into things like "U SUCK", "UR BAD", and "LOSER", despite winning or having more overall wins in the set.
So I'm not the only one who's had this happen.
Just a couple weeks ago I went against a guy who was a really poor sport. Any time he killed me he felt the need to spam crouch and taunt. So at first I thought "oh, he's just being silly" but after he 2-stocked me (it was a legit 2 stock, his Lucas was pretty good), he replied "LOL" and proceeded to pick whatever character I played last match to beat me with them. One match I picked Jiggs and beat him with a rest combo, and he switched to Jiggs and I played Rosa.
The guy was desperate for rests, literally just resting me any time he approached so I'd just hold shield and punish. He never changed his gameplan. Easy 2-stock. After, he changed his tag to "USUCK" then, "REMATCH", being salty, I replied with "you suck at rest, KBYE" and left.
Next day, I found he had posted on my miiverse, basically saying "You should apologize for insulting my Jigglypuff when I beat you like 10 times and you beat me twice."
On a three month old miiverse post.
I laughed it off and deleted the post.
Last I checked he's still been bothering me so I just don't check my Miiverse because I don't care.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
People insult others and more online mainly because they know they can get away with it. They are able to hide behind a screen without the fear of getting caught and decide to do anything and everything they can to make the person on the other side miserable.

It sucks, but it's going to happen even if you become a good player.

It may not happen as often, but some people just don't care. You can two stock them and they will still throw insults at you left and right. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can never avoid this unless you just stopped getting online in general. It's going to happen.

As for being the "Worst Player" you shouldn't beat yourself up honestly. Everyone has got to start somewhere and you will get better over time. It won't happen overnight or even instantly, but it will happen. I've been playing since Smash 64 and I'm still no where near a Tournament level Player. I've improved plenty over the years though, as did anyone and everyone else who put in the effort to do so. Never doubt yourself, never get upset because you feel like you aren't good enough, and most importantly just have fun.

You'll get there. We all will. Practice is literally all it takes. Well... That and patience. Lots and lots of patience.
Pretty much this. Everyone started from below, and steadily gain experience with the game. And that learning process IS what makes the game so deep and fun at times.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
So I'm not the only one who's had this happen.
Just a couple weeks ago I went against a guy who was a really poor sport. Any time he killed me he felt the need to spam crouch and taunt. So at first I thought "oh, he's just being silly" but after he 2-stocked me (it was a legit 2 stock, his Lucas was pretty good), he replied "LOL" and proceeded to pick whatever character I played last match to beat me with them. One match I picked Jiggs and beat him with a rest combo, and he switched to Jiggs and I played Rosa.
The guy was desperate for rests, literally just resting me any time he approached so I'd just hold shield and punish. He never changed his gameplan. Easy 2-stock. After, he changed his tag to "USUCK" then, "REMATCH", being salty, I replied with "you suck at rest, KBYE" and left.
Next day, I found he had posted on my miiverse, basically saying "You should apologize for insulting my Jigglypuff when I beat you like 10 times and you beat me twice."
On a three month old miiverse post.
I laughed it off and deleted the post.
Last I checked he's still been bothering me so I just don't check my Miiverse because I don't care.
Why not just report him to get him banned? If he's been leaving comments on your Miiverse over and over, he could surely get banned for harassment. I could be wrong though. Not 100% sure how the Miiverse enforces its standards.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Why not just report him to get him banned? If he's been leaving comments on your Miiverse over and over, he could surely get banned for harassment. I could be wrong though. Not 100% sure how the Miiverse enforces its standards.
Like I said, II don't really care. If it gets out of hand I'll block him, but for now I find it kind of funny.

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
I have old tags which I used when people were salty. I'd put "U MAD?" or "TRY SUGAR". I had a laughing fit once when someone said "U SUCK!", I said "U MAD?" and he actually said "NO". XD

Recently, I only put "XD" though, like in my vid a couple posts up. It feels like they want a reaction from you, so if you do nothing they feel that they win, but if you just do a simple thing like "XD" they get infuriated because you don't seem bothered.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
For Glory has been really showing it's classy side lately it seems. Some amusing things that happened:

I play a lot of 2V2s with a friend of mine cause he comes over rather often. One day we got on For Glory and went against these two players who had to obviously be in Middle School or something. They played well, spammed often but played well. In the end they lost every single match with us, some worse than others. Every time they lost they would put up ridiculous tags such as but not limited to:

"USukDik" "USukmyDik" "Ueat@sshol" "ULik@ss" "Likmy@sshol" ... There were others but those were the most memorable ones.

We also went against these two other players on the same day hours later I believe who, whether they won or lost would always change their tags to something either gross, offensive, or.... Insults maybe? I have no clue, but these guys had a full list of these things.

BONUS STORY TIME: This actually happened yesterday in 2V2 For Glory. These two players were as salty as they come. The very first match they lost they put up "Spam?" when we didn't do it at all. Well, my friend decided to show them what real spam was by switching to Charizard and spamming Fire Blitz countless times. They switched their tags to "Spam?" "YES!" after that. He went back to playing normally after that by switching to Shulk, and we won again. They decided to repeatedly cycle through those tags now.

Eventually, I think our 4th match they ended up winning by +1 out of luck with only 3 seconds left. They then changed their tag to "USUCK" and cycled through the tags from before again. Well, we decided to start dishing out the disrespect in full now.

I switched to King Dedede and he switched to Ganondorf. We not only taunted constantly, but won by +4 that time. To make things even funnier is they tried taunting as well even though they were losing horribly. They tried so incredibly hard. Two matches of this they try to mirror us, lost even more horribly and proceeded to cycle through their tags and added an additional "GG" tag up at the end. I highly doubt they meant "Good Game" but rather "Git Gud". These had to of been the saltiest try hards I ever witnessed. Stay classy For Glory.

Stay classy.....
Me and @Izayoi run into this all the time when we play online too. I'm glad we're not the only ones who've run into angst teens who think sexual jokes are the funniest thing ever.

BuckTooth

Smash Rookie
"LAMESTRAT", "PATHETIC," "FAGGTSPAMR," "SPAMMRBTCH," "ANNOYING."

I've been called all those things and more. I must admit that I do have sort of a spammy playstyle with Ludwig, so I'm not too surprised that I've gotten more flak than you. Still, I don't mind the name calling at all, in fact, I actually look forward to it, because it clearly shows that I'm getting under their skin lol. This might sound a little strange, but Ludwig as a character is arrogant and bratty (for lack of a better word), and thus, it should naturally follow that he be annoying. When I get those comments, my experience with Ludwig feels more real. :)

Top Bottom