• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Other than "Urgood", nope. Never seen anyone call me names on FG.

Then again, I play Ganon almost without exception, so it's universally accepted that if I win, I didn't somehow cheese my way to victory. I have a 70% winrate on WiiU, so I rarely lose to people immature enough to try something like that.

Pikia

Smash Rookie
NNID
PikiPie
It's mostly character dependent for me, when I play Ness or Tlink people often change their names to something along the lines of spammer or no skill. When I play Palutena I usually get compliments and GGs.

Yesterday I beat a Rosalina with TLink that "counter picked" me with Palutena after, he threw out 4 reflects before I even pulled out a bomb, so I just ran at him and combo'd him for 60% of his health before he did a single attack. He SD'd both stocks after he got out of the combo and changed his name to "F*CK_YOU" when we got back to the lobby. I got a good laugh out of it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Someone called me "CAMPER" after I thrashed them a couple days ago.

I was using Bowser...

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Playing villager vs jigglypuff. Matchup isn't too great for villager, but I knock him around a bit.

The guy sd's (purposelly) twice then proceeds to call me a spammer.

Needless to say, I was dazed for a moment, then proceeded to laugh.

Storm Erion

Smash Cadet
I played against a Rosalina as Link, and I guess he assumed it'd be an easy win with Rosalina's down B, but I literally just walked up to him slowly and kept using my zair, and he kept trying to down B, for some reason. Then he called me a spammer. Nothing really out of the ordinary, being a Link main, I get called that all the time.

He stayed for another match, and played Mario, and kept using his cape, so I literally just waited for it to end and kept hitting him with arrows, because I wanted to see if he'd do anything different. He purposely SD's, and changed his name to "SLTURTHROTE" (slit your throat i'm assuming) and kept alternating between "Have fun", "Not", and "Playing".

I have to say that was the most violent I've ever seen anyone on For Glory be.

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Did anybody here get called names after they lost?

Sheesh I was hoping for some kind of sob stories here but apparently I'm the only loser around here -_-
Just now I played against a Greninja. He spammed neutral B and rolled away when I got close. No stocks were lost and he won the SD. Then he changed his name to "HAHAHAHA", then "CANT WIN" and then "POOR GUY."

In the next match he did the same with Pikachu. I'm not even mad, I'm just amazed there are people who waste their time like this.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Sorry to interrupt, but I battled someone really good and I noticed he read my pattern (I test it with laggy moves always against opponents: Did the correct answer after second attempt)
As this threat is about this: How can I say "Urgood" or "Thanks" exactly? Do I simply have to create a name?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As this threat is about this: How can I say "Urgood" or "Thanks" exactly? Do I simply have to create a name?
Yep. Create a new ID and load it up on the CSS, if your opponent notices, they'll get the message.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I played Meta Knight against a Marth. I won the first game, he switched to Robin, I lost. He switched to Lucario, I 2 Stocked him. After that he changed his tag to "CHANGE" and switched back to Robin. I won and after that he changed his tag to "GETGOOD".and then left. Since when is players saying you should switch characters?. It is something like that you just ignore and stay the same character. They're not supposed to tell you to switch characters. And that player is clearly the one who should get good, since I won 3 out of 4 games

I wish that there were more players that changes their tag to GG, GGs, and URGOOD and maybe taunt at the start of a match

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
I destroyed this and he then proceed to change his to tag to N00b! I 0 to Deathed him 2 times and he changed it to u suck. After a 3 serving of destruction, he proved to call me n****r (I'm black FYI) and left. That is the only time it's happened though.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Well...it just happened to me not too long ago when I played as Kirby against someone playing as Mr. Game and Watch. When he beat me, he proceeded to change his name to 'URTRASH' before he left like a sore winner. :p And that occurred before I faced the next player where I actually won three times as Kirby.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just fought a Sonic that taunted thinking that he killed me. I made it back to the stage and while he was on the ledge, he accidentally killed himself. Right before I left, he changed his name to "TRYHARD". I wish I stayed and fought him again, but I guess I was just fed up with his spin attacks and grabs.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I run into them all the time. Whenever I do I change my tag to "lol" or "salt." One memorable rage was I beat a guy playing some mid tier character with my Rosalina and after the game he spams "EASY" and CHARACTER back and forth. True to form I change my tag to lol and play him one more time and beat him. Then he spams the same thing along with "NOSKILL" and I'm just laughing at him and am about to leave when his tag changes to "now I try." Not wanting to turn down the challenge I do one more game where he switches to sheik. I 2 stock him and leave satisfied. Don't let what others say online get you down. Laugh at the fact that they have to try to insult you to feel good about losing rather than learning.

Tayman

Smash Apprentice
their was this guy call swagmesiter on fg so I could not help myself and put the tag gaymesiter.i'am sorry but anyone with swag in name must be insulted. I won 1 match and he won 2 then he left .he thought i was salty and put the salt tag bc I put the name . but I was just wanted to make fun of his name lol.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
So I got two-stocked by a Ganondorf and he change his tag to "LMAO SALT"

Why yes of course random guy! Me losing to you OBVIOUSLY makes me salty. That's some flawless logic.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I once found a guy in FG with the tag "UseDDDM8", and being one to get sucked into things, I used DDD. After WINNING that DDD ditto, he changed his tag to "UrDDDSux". I pulled out the Jiggs and 2 stocked him. I left right after. xD

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I run into them all the time. Whenever I do I change my tag to "lol" or "salt." One memorable rage was I beat a guy playing some mid tier character with my Rosalina and after the game he spams "EASY" and CHARACTER back and forth. True to form I change my tag to lol and play him one more time and beat him. Then he spams the same thing along with "NOSKILL" and I'm just laughing at him and am about to leave when his tag changes to "now I try." Not wanting to turn down the challenge I do one more game where he switches to sheik. I 2 stock him and leave satisfied. Don't let what others say online get you down. Laugh at the fact that they have to try to insult you to feel good about losing rather than learning.
Trash talking is a sign of fear, they know you are good and they know they will lose playing a legit set against you, so they trash talk to get on your nerves, but you know better than that and obviously it did not work.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
For glory really is becoming toxic, I beat this guy with game and watch, and the match was perfect, no lag or anything. he changes his name to this:

He rematches me with rosalina, I beat him again and he said this:

I went for 9s, to show him what luck can really do, he picks diddy kong, I gave him 2 9s and he said this:

I went random select, I got robin, (no idea how to play him/her) I lost, and he said:

And of course he left after winning once

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have yet to play the Wii U version but I'm coming to appreciate that the 3DS version doesn't have this because I would probably get this a lot given how I'll play just about any character for the sake of practice. Not surprisingly, I've had a lot of rage quits following wins with my WFT so I imagine she'd get the most abuse. This happens a lot when I play Wendy and Palutena too I've noticed so I think people are more prone to becoming butt-hurt after losing to girl characters.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I have yet to play the Wii U version but I'm coming to appreciate that the 3DS version doesn't have this because I would probably get this a lot given how I'll play just about any character for the sake of practice. Not surprisingly, I've had a lot of rage quits following wins with my WFT so I imagine she'd get the most abuse. This happens a lot when I play Wendy and Palutena too I've noticed so I think people are more prone to becoming butt-hurt after losing to girl characters.
I agree that people seem to dislike facing Palutena on the 3ds version. If I beat them one time with her, and they will almost always leave. On the Wii U version, however, most people love facing her, as it seems I get more compliments from my opponents when I play as her than I do playing either Ike or Olimar (the latter of whom everybody seems to hate).

While I don't know anything about either Wendy or Wii Fit Trainer, I don't think the reason people dislike losing to them are that they are girls. A lot of the Bowser Jrs, WFTs, and Palutenas that I see on the 3ds version tend to have very boring and/or annoying playstyles, so you are likely getting grouped into the same category as them regardless of how you play.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
At this rate, maybe Nintendo should consider hiding the opponents IDs on FG...I mean we should still be able to make one but the other player can't see because this is getting a little ridiculous.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
At this rate, maybe Nintendo should consider hiding the opponents IDs on FG...I mean we should still be able to make one but the other player can't see because this is getting a little ridiculous.
I still believe that the people who insult their opponents are in the minority, but that minority just happens the be very loud and very visible.

The majority of players are completely silent, but nobody talks about the silent players, and there are a very good number of polite players as well. I'm sure many of the silent players fall into the polite category, but they just never change their tag.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Technically not on For Glory, but someone just wrote "spammer spammer spammer" on one of my old Smash Bros. miiverse posts (which they most likely wrote right after losing to me).

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
I haven't but if it happened I wouldn't care, I been in the toxic swamp called MOBA's (Dota, LoL, etc) and this is like a friendly poke compared to them.

GaboRJ

Smash Rookie
Haha, I have changes my gamertag twice to communicate with a competitor:
1) Called out a SPAMMER
2) Tried to give gameplay advice, TRYCOUNTER. The competitor was good, but failed to use his/her character's counter special strategically.

I've been taunted usind gametag's too, got a SOWEEBOUTIT one time I got pounded.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Once or twice. I actually enjoy it when this happens. I consider myself to be very sportsmanlike, so I have all my GG tags and the like read. I go online and rek some Dr. Mario with my Pika. After, the good doctor changes his tag to USUK. I replied with GG. Then Doc replied with I-OWN-U, and we proceed to fight. I obliterate him again. My tag: GG. His tag: a certain homophobic slur. We play again, he counter picked to D3. I destroyed him this time too. My tag: GG. His tag: after 30 secs of presumably typing, IHATEPIKA . Lol He goes Dr. Mario, and I 0-death him with a grab into fair into nair into thunderspike. He rage quits, as in I'm now playing a CPU. Don't let these idiots get to you, and it's a lot of fun.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I was playing with this guy using Link and totally punished him, then he chose Link as well but I won again and was called "U SUCK" ):

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
>Playing For Glory seriously
Yeah, there's a couple players in For Glory who seem to think they are suddenly good by increasing their win rate. The reality is, it means nothing, so I don't let it bother me when they blame it on Lag, call johns, or think they're good.

I usually play online when I'm drunk anyways. It's not like I'm putting money on the line for me to take it seriously, so I go ahead and let my mind drift to try risky things.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I played an awful laggy match where I won thanks to cheesy stuff and the guy switched his name to LAG. I typed out JOHNS.
I hope he cried

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Nothing besides "YOU!LAG!!". The match was sorta laggy, but it was literally the only laggy match I played that day, soo...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just now, I fought a Toon Link user who used the tag "FACINCACA" and I was like...really? I didn't get to stick around for another round after beating his ass due to the lagging. My thoughts were "Get a damn life, home boy!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom