• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Just don't reply or leave the room if it bothers you? No one in the lobby isn't able to just exit, win or loose, its a game and kids will be kids, easily said

TotallyNotMikey

Smash Cadet
Warrington, Cheshire, North West of England.
You gotta remember most of these For Glory players are kids, and from what I know, kids hate losing.

That said, it does kinda upset me when I beat someone fair and square and they feel the need to change their name to something like 'usuck' or 'lagtastic'. Lagtastic? Really? Seemed pretty spot on to me.

Like, if someone beats you fair and square, you should take that in and improve, not blame your damn controller or something.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't called names per se, but there was one guy who changed his name to "LOL SHEIK" after I won once, was pretty amusing.

Also had a guy change his name to something along the lines of "URGOOD" which was cool

If you were fighting a R.O.B. Who changed his tag to urgood it might have been me, I always try to throw out ggs and compliments after fighting a good opponent

Last edited:

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
The closest i get to doing this is when i face a mediocre Little Mac who I may or may not be able to beat. I pull out a character I like to call IronicMac, who's main mission is to troll other little mac players with an obnoxious play style. Spamming doge roll, Super Armor, f-tilt and Dash attack. Basically playing little mac in the most unoriginal way possible to its extreme. After wining the ditto, winning the next 10 or so matches as they try to counter pick me adds to the enjoyment. Why do this?… Because… That's why. Does this make me a bad person? Yes…Yes it does.

Edit: I'll add that I also have a GG's Tag and a 2Good4meLol tag when I'm clearly out matched to show there's no salt when i quit out. More of this is good in for glory.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It's happened to me once before, but it's nothing worth caring about. There's always going to be that one jerkwad that gets salty after a couple of losses and starts calling you inappropriate names while switching characters to try to beat you. What did I do? Laugh and proceed to beat him down some more until he got the message that he's wasting his time on me.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's hard to take people in FG seriously after 2-stocking somebody with Zelda and getting called a "Tier *****" immediately after the match. :4zelda:
This is my life as a Zeldoo main. They whip out the top tiers for the next matches and 85% of the time they also fail miserably.

derrykrombo

Smash Cadet
NNID
d_wreck88
Did anybody here get called names after they lost?

Sheesh I was hoping for some kind of sob stories here but apparently I'm the only loser around here -_-
You not the only one! Got 2 stocked by a zero suit and the dude just instantly tag combo'd me: USUK / REKT / USUK / REKT. i figured, okay he got me. played him again,

got 2 stocked AGAIN!

then he started bringin my tag into it: D-REKT / USUK / etc. needless to say i was pretty pissed to the point i was shaking because of this dudes arrogance.

I just watched him shuffle through those tags until he just said "SCRUB!!!!!!"

...then i closed sm4sh and played hyrule warriors.

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
Geez, people can be d*cks sometimes. Today I played a Megaman who had terrible lag. I still played and I barely lost because of the stupid lag making me SD. After the game I put my tag as "Good Game~", like I always do, then I was gonna leave cause I didn't wanna play another laggy match. Then the dude puts his tags as "URNETISBAD" and "URTRASH". :ohwell: Really?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You not the only one! Got 2 stocked by a zero suit and the dude just instantly tag combo'd me: USUK / REKT / USUK / REKT. i figured, okay he got me. played him again,

got 2 stocked AGAIN!

then he started bringin my tag into it: D-REKT / USUK / etc. needless to say i was pretty pissed to the point i was shaking because of this dudes arrogance.

I just watched him shuffle through those tags until he just said "SCRUB!!!!!!"

...then i closed sm4sh and played hyrule warriors.
Aw, don't let those kinds of players get to you. As a former competitive player, I know how fast they go from 0 to Butt in most situations. I think it might stem from a competitive nature mixed with heavy introverted tendencies. IDK, I am not a licensed psychotherapist for humans!

Always leave the moment they act like sore winners. Feel free to throw up a "You 2! C:" tag since it may reflect the salt at them. Other acceptable responses are:
Stay SRS
Srs Bsns
Stay mad
LOL

Bantantly rude people aren't even worth my/your/anyone's time. So they'd be lucky enough to get a response, at least. C:

derrykrombo

Smash Cadet
NNID
d_wreck88
Always leave the moment they act like sore winners. Feel free to throw up a "You 2! C:" tag since it may reflect the salt at them. Other acceptable responses are:
Stay SRS
Srs Bsns
Stay mad
LOL
Haha! yeah you right.
it didn't get to me until he started ragging on my tag.
he was good though.

that Srs Bsns one made me crack up by the way, thanks for that!

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
I am rarely insulted on for glory, after 3000 matches I think I have only been insulted a few times, most of them even comical. If I falcon punch finish my opponent I may change my name to EZPK or something along those lines, but very rarely at that. A time or two I might have kept the score, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0, etc., I figure why not :). Every now & then I will face a bunch of Asian players so I change my name to Godzilla also, but I would probably fare better if I had this bad boy to enter in the hanzi characters for it:

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I am rarely insulted on for glory, after 3000 matches I think I have only been insulted a few times, most of them even comical. If I falcon punch finish my opponent I may change my name to EZPK or something along those lines, but very rarely at that. A time or two I might have kept the score, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0, etc., I figure why not :). Every now & then I will face a bunch of Asian players so I change my name to Godzilla also, but I would probably fare better if I had this bad boy to enter in the hanzi characters for it:
What in God's holy name is that glorious device and can I enter EVO with it?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It hasn't happened to me yet, but I have the name tag "get gud" ready with my favorite set of controls in case I ever come across any salt.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It hasn't happened to me yet, but I have the name tag "get gud" ready with my favorite set of controls in case I ever come across any salt.
Fighting rude with rude makes the rude-fighter who's using rudeness against rudeness the most rude.

Wait what

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I'm suprised that I already voted on no yet I just found my first mean guy on for glory. Used to seeing nice people, oddly enough. Sadly, he beat me a few times. x.x Got salty and came back with my main man. He was not feeling it.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Beat a fox tonight who was spamming laser when I got close he spammed sheild to spot dodge which I punished .After he lost he switched his name tags to spammer and getgud and left...What all he had to do was use his reflector

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Beat a fox tonight who was spamming laser when I got close he spammed sheild to spot dodge which I punished .After he lost he switched his name tags to spammer and getgud and left...What all he had to do was use his reflector
I also fought a fox who did the same thing to me too. I think he called me spammer because I didn't really give him a chance to get a hit in (he got 20% on me the entire match). The name was Keevian for the Fox player.

Besides that, surprisingly, I have not been called names!

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
The worst names I've been called is
UGRAB2MUCH
WHYDIDUTA? (Why did you taunt?)
SMASHSPAM?

In online I use the name NOJOHNS so maybe they are mad.

Last edited:

TotallyNotMikey

Smash Cadet
The worst names I've been called is
UGRAB2MUCH
WHYDIDUTA? (Why did you taunt?)
SMASHSPAM?

In online I use the name NOJOHNS so maybe they are mad.
I :4fox:-ing hate people who call you spammers. Especially grab spammers.

Yes, I grab alot. Maybe you should spotdodge or something? If something is working against you, if something is giving me free damage, I'll use it.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Just got called GRABOP, BORING, START PLAYING, and LOLRSTICK after I dittoed his Yoshi sandbagged the first stock and on the second stock comboed him with only smashes up to about 100 and killed with up smash lol. Idk why kids get so salty just click leave

TotallyNotMikey

Smash Cadet
Probably just met the biggest sore loser I've seen on for glory.

Some guy called 'real'. He was first Falcon, I was practicing Lucario. Had a pretty close match, me eventually coming out on top with a nice Force throw.

I noticed he jumped a lot, so switched to my man Shulk. Proceeded to 2 stock him for the next 4 matches.

He switches to Marth and all of a sudden; input lag. He quickly kills me at 60%, the input lag was literally seconds, while we was stringing all his attacks perfectly. He taunts, obviously, then kills me again with an 80% tipper that I spammed counter for, but it never came. Taunt, again.

I switched my name to 'Sry,2Laggy' hoping it was just a coincidence. Then he proceeded to cycle through about 6 names over and over;

REKT
USUKLOL
URSOBAD
FKNREKT
and
GGSCRUB

Were the ones I remember.

So, if you're reading this real, grow the :4fox: up, and stop acting so high and mighty.

Rant over. Back to practicing through Anthers Ladder.

Last edited:

Maluhky

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maluhky
Yes, but when you play other competitive fighters like street fighter you really don't care lol. I play smash for fun and competitive so if I play a sore loser or someone that plays "cheap" I just leave the lobby.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Everytime I play Olimar people call me noob, you suck, spam, you're gay... even if I win. It's just my Olimar who gets those tags :/ There's no Olimar love. However, when I play shulk it's the complete opposite. Once in awhile I always get "holy sh.., you're good, teach me...." So I stick playing shulk in for glory.. but hey, I main Olimar as well, so eventually I play him and always get the noob tag -_-''. ~ sigh ~

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I faced a Dark Pit player as Kirby, and we ended up having a very close game that ended when I stopped his up-b recovery with a down air. I was about to start the next game when I noticed he changed his tag to "FUKU", so I left.

Our match was extremely fun, so it was a shame that he was such a jerk.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
The most common insult I get is "Lagger" or some variant of the name. Seeing as I never lag on purpose, I just leave the room and move on...

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Man after reading all these replies in the thread for glory kids salt is delicious. No John's plz.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I got hit with one today. I was trying to practice Sheik and I'm currently pretty bad with her. I ran into a Marth player with the name of ELON (I think) using the tag "LUCKY".

Well I'm still learning Sheik so I start off pretty badly, but he eventually got overzealous and SD'ed trying to gimp me on his last stock. After that he changed his tag to "USUCK". The next match I got him in a dtilt/ftilt/fair combo right at the start. Once he got out of it he SD'ed twice. Changed tag to "DUMB MOVES" then "ANNOYING" then quit.

Michi3

Smash Rookie
I play a lot of Japanese players, which are usually polite, they will often say arigato after the battle but one time they called me a 逃げ腰 (nigegoshi) which means running away, because I play Olimar, and of course I like to try and run away to throw pick man at my opponent, guess he didn't like it.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I got called a C-Sticker of all things. I've also been told I suck. These were all on accounts where I won.

I typically respond with "GG, later" or just leave. No sense entertaining their rude-ness.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It's happened to my friends before, but never to me. From the stories they've told me, it can be pretty bad. For that reason, when I play For Glory, I try to be respectful and courteous. I use tags like "Nice :)" and "Good job!". I've made lots of friends by doing that! And I feel that my overall experience with For Glory has been pretty good because of that.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I usually throw out the "You're Good" and "GGs!" tags after a few nice sets with good players. I definitely do feel salt, but I don't ever express it to the other person. ...Unless they've taunted me after a kill in which case I become a horribly vindictive person.^^' Definitely not through tags though, that's just mean.

I did have one time where after cycling through characters with this one guy (and winning about 90% of the matches) changed his tag to "MACISNOOB". Really though? Getting beat by 6 other characters and you think it's Mac that's winning it for me? I just ignored it and kept my cycle (and wins) going.

Last edited:

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
Yeah, I've been called names. Most of the times when I lose, sometimes when I win. So I'm not real good at this game, but I'm trying out here. So people who completely stomp all over will hit me with a "YOU SUCK" or "GET GOOD"

As for when I win. Usually most Megamans are too good for me to handle and I end up losing, I fought one a little while ago, destroyed him. Read a lot of his moves and reflected his crap a whole bunch of times and two stocked him. He changed his tag to "BORING". I changed mine to "FORREAL?" Then he left.

Last edited:

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Using Duck Hunt I 2 stocked a guy and he changed his name to "UrGay". I camped and rolled the whole time.
I Kirbycided a guy twice in one game, took around 50% total damage. He called me all manner of names. It was pretty funny.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Only once: "Usuck" To bad I lost both matches after that so I felt like I did.

D

Deleted member

Just today, I fought some Link and I used my best character, Luigi. I absolutely dominated this guy (I didn't lose my first stock until I reached 170% and he was about 50-70% by the time I got KO'd).
When the match was done, he got salty and changed his tag to "YOUSUCK".

Conversely, I fought a pretty good player and he changed his tags to "URGOOD" and "NICE". If only we had more players like that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistwyvern

Smash Rookie
Here's the thing. Theres good people. There's really good people. There's elite players. There's casuals. There's just bad people who are trying to get better.

Sometimes the taunts get to people. So those who act like they're victimized for getting called names think about how you played.

Did you taunt a player you easily beating ?

That's worse than gettin called a name.

Think about it next time you taunt a player who obviously doesn't really know what they're doing.

Plus with the amount of same move spamming in for glory, those who think they are good really aren't.

I don't see that many elite or really good people online. It's mainly the same 5 characters and they're speicals are just spammed over and over and over. But watch how you taunt and who you are taunting. Because that's as bad as calling names in the control setting slot.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
TL;DR Have you ever been called names through FG's tags? If so, what were they?

Yes, yes I know its one of *these* threads again but this one I want to be a little unique because it touches on something a little bit more personal and more specific than the typical "For Glory sucks". Yes, we know For Glory sucks but it's not good, not matter your skill level.

Over the past month that I've been playing Smash and since about yesterday that I've stopped playing For Glory, I've been called names only twice after almost 1000 matches (one of which I handled, the other...not so much). Not bad, but still it's a bit hurtful and unsportsmanlike and why would you even bother to go through the entire process just to make someone feel bad.

Before you say "WELL YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING BETTER" or "THIS IS COMMON IN ALL GAMES NOT JUST SMASH" or "THIS TYPE OF THING MAKES ME PLAY HARDER" or "YOU'RE BEING TOO SENSITIVE". Really? Being berated online by a Little Mac or a counter character makes you want to work harder? Wouldn't you get the same thing and something more out of "Good job--try doing this more" instead of renaming yourself to scrub and belittling them? Is it me being too sensitive or am I being a bit let down by this mode, the people playing this mode, and their conduct? I know there are trolls and I know this won't reach the people that really need to hear it the most but if you *are* one of those people: Does being a bully really help the community out any? Does it help you sleep better at night? Can't you just do that by beating them (or 2 stocking them), do you really have to lay the low blow on the person?

I know this community is extremely competitive and I know there are gonna be nay-sayers who are either going to put words in my mouth or tell me to shove off and that I'm crying/salty, but its only happened twice and I'm already sick of it. Let me be salty, just don't rub the wound. I know the most obvious solution is "Stop playing FG" and I've done that. I find it better (and more helpful) to use other websites and play with friends, but why *can't* we play with strangers without being scared of being harassed?

To be absolutely honest, and this is the brutal truth, but whenever I played FG and lost I was afraid. Afraid of the comments I might get calling me names and the blow to my skills. And this is coming from someone who has a 75% and 60% after 1000 matches on Wii U and 3DS respectively. Maybe its an Aethermaster thing, but I shouldn't be feeling like that. Especially considering I used to play League and other games and received far less harassment in the months I played that game (surprising considering that games community) and I felt better about playing a game like that than Smash.

/rant
I was playing an opponent much worse than me, so i was using that match to try and learn the timing of my falcon punch. From his angle i can see how that was annoying and trolly, but i was legitimately trying to train and learn to use a move i never ever use. Next game he changed his name to "SPAMMER!", so what i did the next match was only roll and use falcon kick. I only ever hit him with falcon kicks and won the match, and changed my name to "YUP!".

1FC0

Smash Lord
I would love to insult noobs on FG but on the 3DS version there is no way to do that. Too bad because noobs deserve punishment!

Last edited:
Top Bottom