• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Free Movie Tickets?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hi all, I'm trying to collect data for an idea of mine.

If you received free movie tickets, would you buy any snacks?

If yes, how much money would you be willing to spend on snacks?

Do you normally buy snacks when you go to the movie theater?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i work at a theatre and watch **** for "free" occasionally

i never buy food there

it's all over-priced and ****ty

i'd much rather just eat before or after

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol how's life bro?

and my answer prolly wouldn't differ (unless i was with a chick)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol aight that's cool.

life's been good. Just trying to get this idea to work >.>

thanks for your input though

Pritch

Smash Lord
No.

$0.

No.

Just because I got one thing for free doesn't make me more inclined to waste money elsewhere. Movie snacks are pretty high up there on the list of dumb ways to spend money.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I agree with you pritch.... but a lot of people so far have told me that if they didn't have to buy a movie ticket then they would have extra money to buy something for like $5. But yeah man thanks for your input.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I would never purchase snacks/drinks from a movie theatre. Simply because you got a good deal on one thing doesn't mean you should get obnoxiously ripped off on something else. I understand the mindset; a lot of people I know (including myself) go into a store and justify a certain item's price by comparing it to other things similarly priced (why else do people buy Starbucks coffee?). Once you get past that, the idea of spending $3.50 on a small drink is just absolutely ludicrous when you can just go to a gas station nearby and buy a drink twice the size for $0.50. Granted, you probably can't bring it in, but that's where the Real Life scenario kicks in:

Bring a girl with you to every movie. Or have big pockets. If girls are good for anything, it's their purses and smuggling in goods to the theatre.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
I would never purchase snacks/drinks from a movie theatre. Simply because you got a good deal on one thing doesn't mean you should get obnoxiously ripped off on something else. I understand the mindset; a lot of people I know (including myself) go into a store and justify a certain item's price by comparing it to other things similarly priced (why else do people buy Starbucks coffee?). Once you get past that, the idea of spending $3.50 on a small drink is just absolutely ludicrous when you can just go to a gas station nearby and buy a drink twice the size for $0.50. Granted, you probably can't bring it in, but that's where the Real Life scenario kicks in:

Bring a girl with you to every movie. Or have big pockets. If girls are good for anything, it's their purses and smuggling in goods to the theatre.
I have a messenger bag. WAY better than a purse.

And I pretty much wouldn't buy snacks unless it was a requirement for the free tickets. I won't pay for food that isn't good.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
No problem. Now bear in mind if there was a theater that wanted to offer this hypothetical service to me, I'm sure me and most others would throw them a bone. *winks at any movie theater owners who might be looking and gives my big, cute, innocent, lovable grin* ;D

-Ran

Smash Master
Movie companies already do this. It's called those free advanced screenings. First come/first serve to get in, and so you're stuck in line for two hours. In doing so, that's probably going to be five hours at the movies. Your resolve to not buy anything drops, since the water fountains are all typically hid in the back of the theater. They make bank during those events.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo **** any of you guys that sneak food in and then don't clean up after yourselves (but if you're cool and don't leave a mess then you're not an *******)

and **** any of you guys that think we don't know you're sneaking **** in; i stop mother****ers all the time for being ***s and thinking they're gonna show me what's for

i also ID ****** *** highschoolers who think they're gonna show their little "gf's" that they're men for trying to get into rated R movies

Gerbil

Smash Champion

My GF and I have snuck in Cream Soda and Buck Doubles before >_> All hail the wonder of female purses lol

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
People who would go to a movie for free are less likely to buy snacks because those type of people are just less likely to spend money in general.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
That makes sense Dan.... but one reason I have this poll is to see if that is true. So far most people said they will buy snacks if they got in for free.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
I only ever sneak in snacks lol

i once brought an entire cookout tray in using various pockets.
Awesome! X3

yo **** any of you guys that sneak food in and then don't clean up after yourselves (but if you're cool and don't leave a mess then you're not an *******)

and **** any of you guys that think we don't know you're sneaking **** in; i stop mother****ers all the time for being ***s and thinking they're gonna show me what's for

i also ID ****** *** highschoolers who think they're gonna show their little "gf's" that they're men for trying to get into rated R movies
Dude... I ****ING love you. XD

Top Bottom