• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Fighters: It's an actual thing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Weavile's in the roster...as well as other awesome pokes like Scpetile and Garchomp so I can't complain...

But I won't be 100% satisfied until we get at least one more requirement!! :212:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I completely understand. Personally, I am satisfied with the current roster, but enjoy conceptualizing further additions. Just picture an oddball like Klinklang, or perhaps another legendary. Regirock would be interesting, and would fill an unrepresented type. The possibilities are endless!

EDIT: Another thought: Klefki as Pokken's Dan Hibiki. It would appear weak and possess humorous animations, but still hold its own against the other fighters. I feel that it seeming weak and ineffectual would reflect the lukewarm reception to Klefki's design and also fill a fighting game archetype that Pokken currently lacks.

Last edited:
Does anyone here have any Bug-Type fighters in mind? Besides Scizor, who seems kinda obvious. I think Vespiquen could work as a Puppeteer type character, ordering swarms of Combee around to attack on her behalf. Perhaps Scolipede, with an emphasis on rolling to attack and cover ground quickly. Anyone else have any ideas?
Scizor, Pinsir and Heracross would be the most logical choices. Maybe Beedrill as well.

But Caterpie is the best choice.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Scizor, Pinsir and Heracross would be the most logical choices. Maybe Beedrill as well.

But Caterpie is the best choice.
While they are logical choices, what's the fun in taking the obvious solution? That said, any of them would fit in just fine. Well, maybe not Caterpie.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo does this every time a Pokemon game comes out. They make the more used Pokemon get better spotlight attention, than the rare Psuedo-legendary Pokemon
What the actual **** does this even mean? Pseudo legendaries are present on loads of teams, be it online from casuals or in official tournaments. Unless you're talking about stuff like Lucario and Zoroark, because in that case the better way to say it is 'They make the more marketed pokemon get better spotlight attention'
A bug pokemon I'd make playable is Beedrill. I see it working like Pheonix Wright in MvC3 and GioGio in Allstar Battle. Start off very weak, but after certain conditions are met, this case being when Bursting, they increase in power is absolutely insane

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

If Friday's Direct introduces any new Pokemon, could Pokken possibly feature one of them? Imagine: the Direct shows off a new Pokemon, then the host says, "While [new Pokemon] won't be available for a while, you can get a early look at them in Pokken Tournament. [Trailer Plays]

It could work, right?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm...

If Friday's Direct introduces any new Pokemon, could Pokken possibly feature one of them? Imagine: the Direct shows off a new Pokemon, then the host says, "While [new Pokemon] won't be available for a while, you can get a early look at them in Pokken Tournament. [Trailer Plays]

It could work, right?
It CAN work, but they have to rely on Ensemble Darkhorse for it

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
However, Zoroark was used as a poster boy, and while it is pretty popular, it's not THAT popular
Also true. However, I personally feel that Zoroark was pushed too hard by The Pokemon Company. I feel that they tried to force Zoroark to be popular, to become a mascot like Lucario did. Perhaps by taking a chance like Sakurai did, Harada can spark a frenzy of popularity for a new Pokemon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know, if we do have the final 4 as secret characters, wouldn't it be sick if one was team Rocket's Meowth?(or Persian, but I just don't mind Persian)
Team Rocket Meowth or even a generic Meowth would be a dream come true.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know, for a thread about a game that's two weeks away now, we've all really let it slow down.

How about we change that?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm loving the Mewtwo play. I've decided that while I'm not a fan of X's design, it is still Mewtwo. That alone makes it worth playing.

I'll probably just main base Mewtwo. Shadow Mewtwo seems like what everyone will main and that is so eh.

STILL WAITING ON THOSE LAST FOUR CHARCATERS DEV TEAM. DON'T LEAVE US HANGING PLEASE.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
It's so fun to think up unique fighters for this game. Imagine Slaking, having high power, but loafing around on occasion and missing opportunities. Players would have to learn to compensate for the slacking off.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
All I want it Toxircroak and Hawlucha. I got my Garchomp and Gardevoir. With these four, I'll be enter ally happy.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Okay, how about another reason to get hyped? Nintendo's hosting a promo tournament the day before release!

And the team leaders feature some familiar faces...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
Uh, hey! So... I'm new here. I'm hyped for Pokken. Has the question of what all DLC woud we like to see been asked?

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Uh, hey! So... I'm new here. I'm hyped for Pokken. Has the question of what all DLC woud we like to see been asked?
Howdy!

I'm not too sure if it has been asked, but I've really been enjoying imagining DLC fighters. For example, I think that Hariyama could work as an E Honda type Sumo fighter. It would focus on controlling the battle by shoving opponents around with its weight. Do you have anything in mind?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's a little difficult to determine if we'll get DLC or not...so far all we know is 'None is planned'...

However assuming we do get DLC for this game, some possible candidates I could see happening...
Greninja, I do think Greninja would make for an interesting DLC pick, it is a rather popular Pokemon that only conitnues to gain popularity the more it is shown off in the anime, not to mention it's appearance in Smash...Ash Greninja or something similar could be implemented into it's Burst mode...

Hawlucha
, in a similar fashion to Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors, Hawlucha was overlooked in favour of a less desirable character, but he may very well be added in as DLC, like Greninja he's getting quite a bit of screen time in the anime being on Ash's team

Scizor
, yeah I pretty much always bring up Scizor, but there's a good reason for that, he can be the first to implement bug and steel typing effectively into a moveset as well as having a unique fighting style centered around his pincers, and being a very popular pokemon also, arguably the most popular Bug type definitely makes him a worthy candidate for DLC

Tyranitar
, Another power based fighter and one that can utilize rock type attacks which we have yet to see in Pokken, T-tar is also a very popular pseudo-legend and would make for a solid addition into Pokken's roster...I think it's owrth noting he's one of the first pseudo to receive a mega, along side Garchomp, which indeed shows that Game Freak knows about his popularity...

Absol
, we already know that he was considered at one point, and being a pretty popular pokemon to boot also helps...the wide movepool it has and the ability to utilize possible weather effects can make for an interesting moveset...

Zoroark
, Gen 5 is lacking and Zoroark is one of the more popular Gen 5 pokes, it can utilize it's illusion abilities into it moveset for some serious mind-games...

Gen 7 Pokemon
, As new pokemon will get revealed for Sun Moon throughout the year, I can see it being likely that we may even get a Pokemon from the new generation being Greninja'd/Corrin'd into the game via DLC...Perhaps a new fighting type, or maybe one of the starters, or even a legendary...hard to say at this point because so far we only know of Magearna(also a possibility) and the Woodpecker pokemon...remember the developers very likely have insider information and since they are working directly with The Pokemon Company a brand new pokemon can very easily be implemented...would make for an interesting introduction to this new pokemon...

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also it could easily be that Paid DLC is not planned(It being Harada who hates paid dlc), and instead they could be planning to support more with free rollout(kinda like Splatoon), to continue support on both the home and arcade versions. the 4 empty slots make it likely

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
Well, I guess I'll add my two cents on who I would like added.

Blastoise: I can see him as tank with projectiles, making him somewhat deadly. But he has pretty bad speed and is combo food. Playing simillar to Chandelure except you MUST keep opponents away. Also we don't have any water types as far as I'm aware.

Venusaur: I see him as someone who has many traps (Leech Seed basically), like Sceptile, but more "bulky". Also, I wanted to see all three starters, cause, Pokemon 20th...

Snorlax: T-A-N-K. While not as strong or fast as Machamp, he has above average strength and extremely high defense. But, like Blastoise, is combo food.

Sonic: lol jk memes

Hawlucha:
This man was robbed. I can't really say how he'll play, but I can guess great aerials attacks, being an "Aerial Ace"

I had more ideas but I forgot :p. But I'll back... ornotidk

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, I guess I'll add my two cents on who I would like added.

Blastoise: I can see him as tank with projectiles, making him somewhat deadly. But he has pretty bad speed and is combo food. Playing simillar to Chandelure except you MUST keep opponents away. Also we don't have any water types as far as I'm aware.

Venusaur: I see him as someone who has many traps (Leech Seed basically), like Sceptile, but more "bulky". Also, I wanted to see all three starters, cause, Pokemon 20th...

Snorlax: T-A-N-K. While not as strong or fast as Machamp, he has above average strength and extremely high defense. But, like Blastoise, is combo food.

Sonic: lol jk memes

Hawlucha:
This man was robbed. I can't really say how he'll play, but I can guess great aerials attacks, being an "Aerial Ace"

I had more ideas but I forgot :p. But I'll back... ornotidk
:245: Yeah...

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It's a little difficult to determine if we'll get DLC or not...so far all we know is 'None is planned'...

However assuming we do get DLC for this game, some possible candidates I could see happening...
Greninja, I do think Greninja would make for an interesting DLC pick, it is a rather popular Pokemon that only conitnues to gain popularity the more it is shown off in the anime, not to mention it's appearance in Smash...Ash Greninja or something similar could be implemented into it's Burst mode...

Hawlucha
, in a similar fashion to Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors, Hawlucha was overlooked in favour of a less desirable character, but he may very well be added in as DLC, like Greninja he's getting quite a bit of screen time in the anime being on Ash's team

Scizor
, yeah I pretty much always bring up Scizor, but there's a good reason for that, he can be the first to implement bug and steel typing effectively into a moveset as well as having a unique fighting style centered around his pincers, and being a very popular pokemon also, arguably the most popular Bug type definitely makes him a worthy candidate for DLC

Tyranitar
, Another power based fighter and one that can utilize rock type attacks which we have yet to see in Pokken, T-tar is also a very popular pseudo-legend and would make for a solid addition into Pokken's roster...I think it's owrth noting he's one of the first pseudo to receive a mega, along side Garchomp, which indeed shows that Game Freak knows about his popularity...

Absol
, we already know that he was considered at one point, and being a pretty popular pokemon to boot also helps...the wide movepool it has and the ability to utilize possible weather effects can make for an interesting moveset...

Zoroark
, Gen 5 is lacking and Zoroark is one of the more popular Gen 5 pokes, it can utilize it's illusion abilities into it moveset for some serious mind-games...

Gen 7 Pokemon
, As new pokemon will get revealed for Sun Moon throughout the year, I can see it being likely that we may even get a Pokemon from the new generation being Greninja'd/Corrin'd into the game via DLC...Perhaps a new fighting type, or maybe one of the starters, or even a legendary...hard to say at this point because so far we only know of Magearna(also a possibility) and the Woodpecker pokemon...remember the developers very likely have insider information and since they are working directly with The Pokemon Company a brand new pokemon can very easily be implemented...would make for an interesting introduction to this new pokemon...
Do great minds think alike, or did you see my video from a while back? I had Scizor through Zoroark as likely to get in, with Greninja and Hawlucha as honorable mentions! Of course, that was before we knew the base roster would be so small, but...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do great minds think alike, or did you see my video from a while back? I had Scizor through Zoroark as likely to get in, with Greninja and Hawlucha as honorable mentions! Of course, that was before we knew the base roster would be so small, but...
I did see your vid actually, but it didn't really influence any of my choices here...I do have to say that a lot of the pokemon you chose as likely were the same as the ones I thought were likely also, such as Noivern, Lopunny and Galvantula...who just barely fell short on this list...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
(Looks at Future Nintendo games/titles)

No such luck for Dragonite. Oh well.
This behavior is making me start to dislike Dragonite.

Grow up and learn to accept disappointment with a bit of grace.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok, since you want me to grow up, I will.

End of Story. I'm finished complaining about losing.
I hope Nintendo is happy with what they made, because I feel left out, and very dissapointed. As a matter of fact, I'm going to give one LAST critique on Pokken. The main gameplay is average, the character selection in my terms s poor, the stage selection is ok, and the burst attacks are normal. All in all, this game isn't doing so well with popularity, and their are a lot of fans on YouTube who are upset over Nintendo making a big mess of itself this year. If possible, search up why some Pokemon didn't make the cut, then you will see why I'm angry right now.

I'm going to create a group for all of the Pokemon who need to be main characters.
I will write personal letters on Miiverse to gain more supporters
I will not give up the fight for my favorite Pokemon, no matter the odds
But I will stop complaining on this thread, as of Now.

Only four days left to the release. Can't wait to try out Gengar and Garchomp.

As for the possible DLC, Greninja, Scizor and Zoroark seem like safe bets. Wish I could say the same about Hawlucha, but Pikachu Libre makes me doubt it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'm putting down my foot. Things are what they are, and I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused all of the Pokken fans. I'm just very upset, that's all. Expect to here some more positive comments from me for now. I really just want to get back on track with Nintendo right now, so I WILL be buying Pokken. I hate to admit defeat on this thread, but I accept it.

Done and said. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , your wish has been granted. I'm stopping my complaining on this thread. Chat will resume to normal as follows.

I feel so lonely...

:149:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm putting down my foot. Things are what they are, and I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused all of the Pokken fans. I'm just very upset, that's all. Expect to here some more positive comments from me for now. I really just want to get back on track with Nintendo right now, so I WILL be buying Pokken. I hate to admit defeat on this thread, but I accept it.

Done and said. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , your wish has been granted. I'm stopping my complaining on this thread. Chat will resume to normal as follows.

I feel so lonely...

:149:
Every single time you make a post, I get this HUGE desire to scream "TROLL" at the top of my lungs to keep myself from bashing you in this forum.

For the love of all things worth holding sacred, please stop. Twice, in a single day I might add, you said you were done. The next time you post, actually process what you are about to say. If it involves *****ing about Dragonite being underepresented in gaming please remember that literally (and I do mean literally in the correct usage of the word) NO ONE HERE CARES.

I'm putting you on ignore now because I honestly don't think you are capable of avoiding your "Great Quest for Dragonite!" and it triggers me.

Now onto the threads actual topic: That character select screen is gonna get on my nerves with four missing characters.

At least the gameplay is polished well. I never really understood the phase shifts up until recently and I think it is a brilliant concept. Can't wait for release!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is anyone else excited to try Pikachu Libre?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I wasn't too excited for Garchomp but looking at him now he looks like a blast to play. Pikachu Libre looks fun too and she has the adorable factor unlike regular Pikachu.

I actually may need to try every character to find a main (except Gengar, Braixen, and regular Pikachu. Nothing against the characters but they don't really suite me).

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'm finished, and all that is said, is done. I wish you good day, and may you all recognize me as an example for future video game chat's.

"Video games are cool, as long as YOU respect the courtesy of people. When you disrespect someone, it leaves other's speechless and ignorant of others.

Otherwise, Pokken, and all other Nintendo games are not crap after all. I was wrong, and I'm going to Say this once more about games like Pokken. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and Murlough Murlough , you have inspired me to go further in my quest beyond the Games. I understand you want me to stop talking about Dragonite, and other reference about him. So in exchange, will you please accept my defeat peacefully, and let me leave. I have a lot of new threads to create, and a lot more supporters to gain, (although not likely as of now), especially with all of the people who tell me that I'm useless in fighting for what I think is right.

I Admit, Charizard:006: is also my favorite Pokemon, ok? I got carried away, and too emotional. I feel upset about the results, and I realize my life is filled with emotional distress, but at least give me a chance to say one more thing before I leave.

If it's Game Over for me, than so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom