• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Fighters: It's an actual thing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm finished, and all that is said, is done. I wish you good day, and may you all recognize me as an example for future video game chat's.

"Video games are cool, as long as YOU respect the courtesy of people. When you disrespect someone, it leaves other's speechless and ignorant of others.

Otherwise, Pokken, and all other Nintendo games are not crap after all. I was wrong, and I'm going to Say this once more about games like Pokken. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and Murlough Murlough , you have inspired me to go further in my quest beyond the Games. I understand you want me to stop talking about Dragonite, and other reference about him. So in exchange, will you please accept my defeat peacefully, and let me leave. I have a lot of new threads to create, and a lot more supporters to gain, (although not likely as of now), especially with all of the people who tell me that I'm useless in fighting for what I think is right.

I Admit, Charizard:006: is also my favorite Pokemon, ok? I got carried away, and too emotional. I feel upset about the results, and I realize my life is filled with emotional distress, but at least give me a chance to say one more thing before I leave.

If it's Game Over for me, than so be it.
Please stop making this sound like some kind of dramatic soap opera
No one cares anymore

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
How has a mod not given him at least an infraction for trolling?
Because I don't think he's trolling. I think he's disappointed and frustrated, and isn't sure how to handle the emotions he's feeling.

Is anyone else excited to try Pikachu Libre?
Eh, not really. Her moveset isn't very appealing to me at the moment. I'm looking more at Suicune and Braixen for the time being.

I just hope zoners turn out to be viable in this type of game...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Would you mind posting said stage list?
Since then, this got uploaded:

-

BoltDragon BoltDragon

It does not take 3 posts to announce you're "done" with Nintendo/the series/whatever, nor is this thread the place for you to continue your support/crusade. This is your final warning to stop derailing this thread with sob stories and melodramatic outbursts.

Any other posts having nothing to do with the game itself will be infracted.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Still not sure who I'm going to play. Braixen seems fun but if she's not any good, well, that probably won't work out...

I don't like heavy type characters, so I'm probably going to rule out Suicune, Machamp, Garchomp, and maybe Chandelure and Sceptile. (Speaking of which, there seems to be an uncharacteristically high amount of heavy characters in this game.) I don't like really fragile characters so I'm definitely not going to settle on Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre with the cast-from-HP thing being prevalent with the two of them, and probably not vanilla Pika and Mewtwo. Hoping Braixen doesn't skirt too close to that line... Gengar seems too gimmicky and his viability and even his general gameplan has been something of a rollercoaster since his introduction so I can safely count him out.

So I guess I'm looking at Lucario, Weavile, and Braixen.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just because a character is Power type doesn't mean they're necessarily heavy or (assuming you mean) slow. Garchomp is fairly fast, while Chandelure is one of the most frail characters in the game (somewhat made up for by its draining/negative status inducing moves).

Shadow Mewtwo is a literal glass cannon, but it does have a gimmick in being able to use Recover when far away, and it can use Miracle Eye to rapidly boost up its Burst meter. Both of which suit its playstyle perfectly in conjunction with healing support/assists.

The recoil/self-damaging moves also apply to several other fighters, namely Charizard and Blaziken, granted they have much more HP.

papertoonz

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely not going to settle on Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre with the cast-from-HP thing being prevalent with the two of them
what are you talking about Pikachu Libre game play isn't based on that

Pikachu Libre game play it's based on buffing herself from her grabs then using then to keep pressure on her opponents

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Since then, this got uploaded:

-

BoltDragon BoltDragon

It does not take 3 posts to announce you're "done" with Nintendo/the series/whatever, nor is this thread the place for you to continue your support/crusade. This is your final warning to stop derailing this thread with sob stories and melodramatic outbursts.

Any other posts having nothing to do with the game itself will be infracted.
Bomb diggity.
The stages are amazing in this game. They really give you a sense of what the pokemon world is really like.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm not sure what to say about the final roster. The roster is pretty repped well minus lack of 5th gen and half of the roster is from the 1st gen. We'll see if there will be any DLC fighters, but I am looking forward to this game!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
To me a Pokemon is a Pokemon no matter the gen they're from. I don't like Gengar because he's from gen 1, Weavile because he's from gen 4 or Eelektross because he's from gen 5, but because i like the Pokemon itself. I could care less about the gen diversity when it's the Pokemon choices themselves that are what truly matter...plus i personally wouldn't count Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo since they're in like, everything already. ( Well maybe not so much Mewtwo ) And gen 4 has a good amount of characters too.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
To me a Pokemon is a Pokemon no matter the gen they're from. I don't like Gengar because he's from gen 1, Weavile because he's from gen 4 or Eelektross because he's from gen 5, but because i like the Pokemon itself. I could care less about the gen diversity when it's the Pokemon choices themselves are what truly matter...plus i personally wouldn't count Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo since they're in like, everything already. ( Well maybe not so much Mewtwo ) And gen 4 has a good amount of characters too.
It's mostly the fact that there is a limited number of fighters, so wasting slots on nostalgia that we've seen time and time again is pretty frustrating

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
It's mostly the fact that there is a limited number of fighters, so wasting slots on nostalgia that we've seen time and time again is pretty frustrating
I will have to agree with this on Pikachu Libre at least, we have a Luchador Pokemon which we could have gotten as a fighter and we instead get Luchador Pikachu, wasted potential. I'm all for gen diversity but i don't think a Pokemon should be included or excluded just because of the gen they're from.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
I will have to agree with this on Pikachu Libre at least, we have a Luchador Pokemon which we could have gotten as a fighter and we instead get Luchador Pikachu, wasted potential. I'm all for gen diversity but i don't think a Pokemon should be included or excluded just because of the gen they're from.
Libre is someone I'm actually fine with, although it would make more sense for Hawlucha to fill that role

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Well to me :068: and especially :094: are perfectly fine since those two needed some time to shine and Gengar is very popular.
As for Char, Pika and Mew2 i kinda just passed them as whatever since i've seen them gazillion times already ( though seeing realistic Pika is pretty interesting ) even being in Smash but i guess they had to make it, but i still don't like the idea of adding Dark Mewtwo personally, i wanna see something other than Mewtwo who i feel is quite overhyped ( And why are they both using Mega X? ). As for Pikachu Libre i wanted to finally see :026: shine but alas, that dream may be too :083::c.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I'm not one to argue about the exact size of a roster, since the whole "slots" argument usually misses the point as roster sizes change a lot mid-development...but I do think there's a little too much from Gen 1 compared to the others. I don't see a reason to put the first generation on a pedestal solely for being first, and that seems to be what happened here a bit.

Hopefully any postgame content gives Gens 2, 5, and 6 some attention...especially the latter two. The newer games are just as important, damn it...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On top of people being more obsessed with the roster than actual gameplay, people also obsess way too much over labels (or "representation" if you'd like). Just because a Pokémon made its in debut in a certain Gen doesn't mean they represent only that Gen. On top of most of them appearing/being able to be obtained across multiple games/generations, obviously their movesets are not made up of moves that only came from the same generation they were introduced. And this goes even more so for those that have Mega formes, which clearly represent the newest generation.

I can understand people wanting more from a franchise with so much potential, and even being upset if their specific favorites were not included the way they wanted, but that's no reason that you should only be looking at the game in terms of "what could/should have been" rather than enjoying what we did get/the finished product for what it is. Every roster for every game could technically always be better. If we get anything else from here on, be it DLC or a sequel with an expanded roster, it should be seen as icing on the cake, not something we absolutely "need" or should hold out for.

I personally don't care about Gen or Type representation, although I do wish Gen 2, 5 and 6 get more attention on DLC. Only thing in the roster that I don't like is how there are two Pikachus and Mewtwos when there were over 700 Pokemon to choose from.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't particularly care about Gen representation, but it is a little sad that Suicune is the ONLY Gen 2 Rep. There aren't even any Gen 2 support Pokemon! He's so lonely :(

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Well, I'll put down my money on the table, and leave a like For Pokken. I'm going to say that overall the game is good, and that Gen representation is average. Not going to complain, but some people are right when the want DLC for the expanded roster, and I don't blame them. Nintendo, and TPC are surely going to take this in for future reference, so like IsmaR IsmaR said, the character selection may be limited, but my overall performance rating for the game is at least an 8/10 in my opinion.

Stage selection and character choice are uneven, but burst attacks, and supporter Pokemon are cool (as of Now...)

In like words, Nintendo and TPC made a good effort to Make this game, it's just that it lacks some important details regarding selection not just of characters, but of overall fan support. Just look at YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other websites rating Pokken. You will surely see the results and opinions of the many fans who either have supported or hate Pokken.
I'm being cool when I say this, but You'd gotta admit this is a pretty decent game.

Character selection rating: 3/5. Not bad, but Definitely not good enough. Should expect to see more characters in the future(if Possible)

Stage selection rating: 4.5/5 The content is good, and it has may diverse backgrounds

Campaign rating: 5/5. It is pretty legit, and leaves you with a sense of power.

Overall Score: 12.5/15 . The game speaks well of Nintendo in terms of being a fighting game, and pure Pokemon skills. However, it needs improvement from what the fans have said to Nintendo regarding it.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Well, I'll put down my money on the table, and leave a like For Pokken. I'm going to say that overall the game is good, and that Gen representation is average. Not going to complain, but some people are right when the want DLC for the expanded roster, and I don't blame them. Nintendo, and TPC are surely going to take this in for future reference, so like IsmaR IsmaR said, the character selection may be limited, but my overall performance rating for the game is at least an 8/10 in my opinion.

Stage selection and character choice are uneven, but burst attacks, and supporter Pokemon are cool (as of Now...)

In like words, Nintendo and TPC made a good effort to Make this game, it's just that it lacks some important details regarding selection not just of characters, but of overall fan support. Just look at YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other websites rating Pokken. You will surely see the results and opinions of the many fans who either have supported or hate Pokken.
I'm being cool when I say this, but You'd gotta admit this is a pretty decent game.

Character selection rating: 3/5. Not bad, but Definitely not good enough. Should expect to see more characters in the future(if Possible)

Stage selection rating: 4.5/5 The content is good, and it has may diverse backgrounds

Campaign rating: 5/5. It is pretty legit, and leaves you with a sense of power.

Overall Score: 12.5/15 . The game speaks well of Nintendo in terms of being a fighting game, and pure Pokemon skills. However, it needs improvement from what the fans have said to Nintendo regarding it.
Have you played it yet?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think that having a lot of Gen 1 pokemon is totally justified.
The Gen 1 pokemon are by far the best known and most iconic. It should have the most characters.

papertoonz

Smash Rookie
I think that having a lot of Gen 1 pokemon is totally justified.
The Gen 1 pokemon are by far the best known and most iconic. It should have the most characters.
well sure i guess but when gen 1 has 7 and the next highest is gen 3 & 4 both with 3, yeah i don't think that point stands

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm fine with how many reps each Gen has, except 2. Chandelure and Braixen at least have a few support Pokes with them.
Poor :245:, all alone :(

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm fine with how many reps each Gen has, except 2. Chandelure and Braixen at least have a few support Pokes with them.
Poor :245:, all alone :(
It is high grade BS that :212: isn't playable.
I honestly don't understand how they could neglect to put him in.

well sure i guess but when gen 1 has 7 and the next highest is gen 3 & 4 both with 3, yeah i don't think that point stands
Gen 1 is just that much more important. Most people will barely even know of non gen 1 pokemon.
They are the most popular and important by far.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh wait
Completely forgot about Espeon, Umbreon, and Quagsire assists.
So I guess Suicune isn't that lonely.
Still would've been nice to see a bit more from 2, 5, and 6, though.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Have you played it yet?
No, not yet. I'm just rating it because it has been shown I my area as a demo. The game is pretty cool overall, but it definitely could have sure used Dragonite:149: as a playable character in my opinion. Just saying. Anywho, I like the graphics used in this game, and I expect that Nintendo will make more improvements as it makes this game.

I'll post back later today.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So, I just counted it up.
There are no Bug, Rock, or Normal Type characters in Pokken.
So lets play a game: You get to add 3 pokemon to the roster, but the condition is that your 3 pokemon must represent the 3 missing types.
I'd add Scizor for Bug, definitely.
For rock, I'm leaning towards Barbaracle, but Armaldo and Kabutops are also tempting.
Normal I'm having trouble with, I'm split between Pidgeot, Exploud, and Slaking.

Last edited:
So lets play a game: You get to add 3 pokemon to the roster, but the condition is that your 3 pokemon must represent the 3 missing types.
For rock, I'm leaning towards Barbaracle, but Armaldo and Kabutops are also tempting.
Normal I'm having trouble with, I'm split between Pidgeot, Exploud, and Slaking.
Scizor, Tyrantrum, Snorlax.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Bug: Heracross or Scizor. Parasect would be cool though.
Rock: Uh... Tyranitar, I guess. Not really many Rock types that I think would be good additions.
Normal: How could I chose anyone but Meowth?

:094:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Bug: :212:
Other decent choices include Pinsir, Heracross, Galvantula...

Rock: :248:
Other choices, Rhydon/Rhyperior, Golem, Tyrantrum, Barbaracle

Normal: Lopunny
Other choices Snorlax, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Jigglypuff

I'm sticking to these three to fill the remaining types, I think they'd be the best choices honestly...

----

Poison, Steel, and Fairy typing could be added since their respective pokemon don't really use this typing in the game...
Poison: Toxicroak
Other choices: Drapion, Nidoking, Crobat, Roserade

Steel: :212:
Other choices: Aggron, Aegislash, Bisharp

Fairy: Slurpuff
Other choices: ....not many actually Sylveon would've been a top candidate if not for it's assist, and I don't think Jiggs would use it's fairy typing any more than Gardevoir...Florges is decently popular however, Azumarril maybe, but it's water typing would probably come into play more...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Bug: :212:
Other decent choices include Pinsir, Heracross, Galvantula...

Rock: :248:
Other choices, Rhydon/Rhyperior, Golem, Tyrantrum, Barbaracle

Other choices Snorlax, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Jigglypuff

I'm sticking to these three to fill the remaining types, I think they'd be the best choices honestly...

----

Poison, Steel, and Fairy typing could be added since their respective pokemon don't really use this typing in the game...
Other choices: Drapion, Nidoking, Crobat, Roserade

Steel: :212:
Other choices: Aggron, Aegislash, Bisharp

Fairy: Slurpuff
Other choices: ....not many actually Sylveon would've been a top candidate if not for it's assist, and I don't think Jiggs would use it's fairy typing any more than Gardevoir...Florges is decently popular however, Azumarril maybe, but it's water typing would probably come into play more...
I like these choices.
On the subject of fairy, I think there is one candidate you're forgetting...
:036:

So yeah, If I were to add a Poison, Steel and Fairy type, I'd do Toxicroak, Bisharp, and Clefable.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
That's easy enough.

Bug: Vespiquen
Rock: Barbaracle
Normal: Regigigas

As for the other three,

Poison: Seviper
Steel: Skarmory
Fairy: Klefki

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Gen 1 is just that much more important. Most people will barely even know of non gen 1 pokemon.
They are the most popular and important by far.
Most popular among people who lost interest in the series after a few years. This game is clearly designed for people who are currently fans, and the vast majority of them care about the later generations as well.

Bug: Scizor
Rock: ...Diancie?

Poison: Arbok or Seviper (I just want a serpentine fighter...)
Steel: Scizor... or Aggron if Scizor ends up not using Steel type moves
Fairy: Wigglytuff

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Could throw in Scizor and Diancie for here, as well, but if we're talking mons other than them...

Steel: Aegislash
Fairy: Xerneas (Sylveon would've been great here, if not for the whole assist thing)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom