• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y: Competitive Gen VI Discussion

ss118

Smash Master
Blazikenite actually has not been banned, so that point is moot. Only two megas have been banned, only one I think "for good riddance".

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Blazikenite actually has not been banned, so that point is moot. Only two megas have been banned, only one I think "for good riddance".
Which one you think was more deserving of a ban in your opinion?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I've see then. Yeah I felt the same way for M-Kanghaskan since I start using it on showdown.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol I disagree, but I also don't think that Kangaskanite shoulda been quick banned but to each their own. I mean don't get me wrong I know she's OP, but I feel like there were plenty of options that Smogon didn't mention in their blurb and there will be more after Pokebank. I guess it's all about over centralization though, does anyone know her percent usage on PO or Showdown?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
quickbans are "this is a waste of time as a suspect test anyone with a brain can figure out this will get like a 95% ban vote"

thankfully this marks the end of the quickbans since there is nothing else left in the meta that isn't very 50/50

ss118

Smash Master
I dunno. Theoretically mega gengar is broken and I thought it would be until I played vs it... Dunno, just seemed pretty overrated to me. Similar to mega lucario

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Mega Luc on paper looks great but he's doodoo. Mega Gengar isn't that op as like a team sweeper but trapping and killing a teams main problem is what he's for and his ability to do so is the best. Shadow tag is just too good, and given enough time people would be whining about it just like Kanga.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mega Luke isn't good either way really

SD is forced to attack because weak neutral hits kill it

Can't set up SD

Everything can revenge it

Dies

NP set is probably better than the SD set when it actually sets up (Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball is perfect coverage) but it hits for 0 damage before the set-up

It really speaks for the quality of the Megas of this gen when I call him "so bad it's not even funny" when he's a top 5 mega at worst lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry | Unburden
Belly Drum
Play Rough
Thief
Return

the dream

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
these days i don't even bother trying to use setup pokes

unless it's volcarona but meh

now that heatran and lando-t are back i gotta use my original pokebank team lol

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Mega Scizor is pretty good as a specially defensive set with Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Roost, and U-Turn/X Scizor but that is the only set-up poke I really use.

Unburden Hawlucha is cool with Dread Plate Fling, Acrobatics, High Jump Kick, and Swords Dance. But he isn't that realistic in the OU meta.

Vale

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've been trying to come up with a team and figured I should ask here because it isn't developed to the point of a RMT post. This is the first team I've built for gen 6, so I could use some insight on new threats to look out for. Sorry if this is the wrong thread!

To start the team, I decided to use Porygon2, because it was a major success for me last gen and one of my favourite Pokémon. I plan on using Toxic, Recover, Discharge, and Ice Beam.
After that, I chose Gliscor, due to fighting resistance and ability to stall. Something like EQ/Toxic/Roost/Taunt is what I plan on using.
After that, my current mockup is just a bunch of "hey, that thing looks decent so I'm thinking of adding it." Sheer Force Nidoking as a special sweeper, Crawdaunt as a physical sweeper/revenge killer, Mega Mawile as a tank, and Regenerator Slowking as a wall (sets not finalized).

Obviously, this team isn't close to finished and probably has a bunch of holes. Last generation, I was pretty into UU and had a team of Porygon2, Tangrowth, Slowbro, Amoonguss, Nidoking, and Registeel. Comparing the two, I noticed that I no longer have anything to set SR (maybe Gliscor), so that's probably something I could use help fixing. I think Mawile/Gliscor might be OU this gen as well, so I might be replacing those as well (Is Mega Aggron good?) if the rest of the team can't keep up to OU standards. Also, I'm not sure a Gliscor/Porygon2 core is quite as effective as the regenerating duo of Slowbro and Amoonguss.

Thanks in advance!

Vale

Smash Ace
OU is fine, but I'm not sure Porygon2 is a viable starting point for an OU team. My friends and I usually play against each other with teams of Pokemon from various tiers. If I decide to ladder with it, I'll probably make adjustments to make it UU if it would just be 1/2 Pokemon. If OU has the best options for synergy, though, that's fine and I'll use those. I'm up for advice for either tier.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When you're starting off a team with porgon z and nidoking, you're probably looking at ru this gen lol

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Boomburst
Probably the best new move this gen.
140 base power normal type move with no drawback. It's insane.

I use a Specs Exploud on PS, and it demolishes teams. It's so good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"Smeargle is the best Pokemon in the game because it gets Sketch"

said no one ever

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Except that you're using Exploud.
I'm talking from my experience on Showdown, and it destroys a chunk of their team by just locking it into Boomburst. It also can take a couple hits.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
All I know is that Noivern has a few SpA points on Exploud and whenever I see it throw out a specs Draco Meteor it barely puts a dent in ****.

I guess you don't go -2 SpA every time you use it, but you're also still Exploud. Slow as ****, not super bulky, and common Pokemon like Heatran/Aegislash walk all over it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah fair enough i only saw it before pokebank ahahhaha

man AV conkeldurr is everywhere now (knock off drain punch ice punch filler)

just as predictable as the old bulk-up version from gen 5

just as reliable too LOL

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think the top 3 unbanned megas are:
3. Mega Charizard Y
OHKO's everything with Sun Boosted Fire Blast.
2. Mega Heracross
Very bulky and has insane attack and coverage.
1. Mega Lucario (being suspect tested)
Destroys everything with Adaptibility boosted attacks.

And on Showdown, Specs Exploud destroys almost everything. I don't have an explanation, but it's what happens.

Last edited:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
specs exploud has merit because its coverage options are reliable. surf, flamethrower, ice beam, etc. are as good as they come, and it has the higher-power stuff like focus miss too

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I was going to ask how you have 200 posts in a week of being on the forum, but after actually reading your post, my questions were mostly answered.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
chok you're a legend so its ok

This guy is not a legend so its not ok

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
anyways

dimension world guy was def right about charizard Y and mega luke

but idk about heracross lol

i'm seeing more medicham lately i guess cuz people are figuring it should use fakeout to ensure the speed boost

other than luc and char-y the rest seem very balanced. though luc is WAY better than char-y

Top Bottom