• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well, one of Red's Pokemon glide, and no other starter from the four regions can do such a thing. Having another Pokemon trainer in the game takes away from Red's originality, so many people are more than content with just one Pokemon trainer.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I don't really think that's a huge issue. Even if he never gets them in the game that he appears in, it's still conceivably possible that the creatures exist in a way he could have gotten ahold of them. Also, see Ness with his PSI moves that he never used in the game and Zelda with spells she never used.

smashbot226

Smash Master
It... is...

But he couldn't Sakurai keep the tradition of naming the attacks after Pokemon Moves? Couldn't he just borrowed some of my ideas???

He has failed again... twice.

1. Pit's FS.

2. Diddy's FS

3. PKMN Trainer's FS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...It at least is funny...Besides, this was people's ideas combined...the most powerful moves from Gen 1 combined...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"It's super effective!"

I feel the need to go buy some chocolates and flowers to show Sakurai how much I love him now...

GENIUS!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It... is...

But he couldn't Sakurai keep the tradition of naming the attacks after Pokemon Moves? Couldn't he just borrowed some of my ideas???

1. Pit's FS.

2. Diddy's FS

3. PKMN Trainer's FS.
I agree, all of the recent final smashes have been disapointments

Black/Light

Smash Master
It... is...

1. Pit's FS.

2. Diddy's FS

3. PKMN Trainer's FS.
. . . What are you talking about? He named them. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
they all play homeage to their original game which is pretty awesome.
I have to say, Diddie's wasn't very creative...

Pit's doesn't look very powerful but at least is unique...plus you never see any other angels in Kid Icarus except Pit

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
and besides, outside of Red summoning a legendary pokemon or something of that calibur, what else would the pokemon do for a FS? this was his best option, the text window is lunchin haha

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I love the handstand Ivysaur is pulling. That, to me, is the most awesome aspect of this FS. I love it. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, the textbox is the saving grace of this FS. Other than that, at least it doesn't incorporate Mewtwo.

I dunno, I'm probably just being OCD-ish about it, but if it's such a homage to the games, how come there are three Pokemon attacking at the same time...

And this probably won't be the first time we see a giant beam across the screen.

quam

Smash Cadet
i was hoping for the final smash, pokemon trainer would withdraw them and sent out like a rayquaza or something. but still, it's super effective after all!!! and smashbot, you can get screwed. pokemon trainer is a way better decision than diddy. good on you sakurai

Top Bottom