• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Whoa.. that was... unexpected.

My only gripe is that he isn't even "Red" or "Ash" or even a **** NAME! God, it's always going to bug me that he's just called "Pokemon Trainer"...

Can you say generic? >.<

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
That **** OWNS man! No Alakazam though? ;-; Seriously though, that **** is pimp. I can't wait for this game! <3 I'm fangirling like a ***** ALL over this game.

-Edit-
****, this can lead to all kinds of ****ing strategies using the Pokemon trainer.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai pulls off the unexpectable again.

Smash Community: This is madness!

Sakurai: Madness? THIS! IS! BRAWL!

silver777 beaten me to the punch in bumping this topic with the news.

Now I wanna see what this topic was all about and how much nay says Red gotten.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I highly doubted it. I never said it.. to anyone.. But it has happened.

I predict a handful of unexpected characters in the coming days.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You have to admit Sakurai implemented him in the PERFECT way.

Heck, I LOVE it. I wouldn't have said that earlier, but gosh, looks like a fun character.

This pwns a lot of people, including those that said starters wouldn't be playable. XD

Yay Sakurai! You made my day.

Talendime

Smash Ace

I always looked over this thread... and never bothered coming here because I thought it was stupid and there was no chance...

Congratulations. It's all I can think to say.

Same deal dude... When I saw this update..... Oh man.. my jaw just hit the keyboard. I STILL can't even believe what I just saw.
Now it just feels like anything can happen for Brawl. Like, this would have been my absolute LEAST expected character addition; definitely.
Holy ****...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Uh.
Erm.

It's a... good design I think.

I just hope he doesn't take away a slot from Gardevoir.

Holy ****, am I still dreaming?

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
this just proves that others pokemons like blaziken or lucario may not appear ^.^ yay

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
You can probly put in your own name for him. I was surprised when I saw the update because I used to think that what he would do if he would be in, but I thought that since they already had pokeballs that he had no chance. The fact that he couldnt fight for himself is what lead me to believe he didnt had the chance. I guess I was wrong.

Hmmm... I wonder if squirtle or ivysaur can evolve at all when you use them, that would be pretty sweet. A very interesting choice of a character and I applaud Miyamoto for his creativeness and all of those who supported this odd character addition. I'm very curious to see the moves they bring to the table and the limitations and abilities you get by using 3 different pokemon and if they all have their own taunts(or if the trainer taunts). And btw, I knew it wouldnt be another month until we had another character!:p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I.. I don't believe it! O_O

Not that I didn't want him in... I just didn't think it could happen.

Man... I need a jigglypuff to help me sleep now...

Talendime

Smash Ace
I have to say though, I am VERY glad that all of the pokemon characters we've seen so far have been within the original 150.

And did you notice how the three pokemon advance in evolution stage per each cycle stage? Did you notice? Did you?! Oh-WOW!

Ninja Lou

Smash Rookie
This was an awesome add, but also has me really curious. What will his final smash be? Will he have some kind of triple attack or summon another pokemon? Maybe a Legendary?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, he doesn't fight himself.

I can't believe none of us got this idea.

Just goes to show what a bloody genius Sakurai is.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You are all insane, INSANE!. You and your god Sakurai.

So does this mean, no Lucario, no mewtwo? **** Lucario.

But give me Mewtwo... MEWTWO!.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Awsome, just awsome. The Game and Watch of BRAWL IS HERE, AND HE MOTHER F***ING ROCKS! :)

Edit: There is no way in hell Mewtwo and Lucario aren't returning. The same could go for the puff master! :) Imagine it as this character over a 2nd F-Zero rep...sorta! XD

Talendime

Smash Ace
Did anyone else notice that they actually made 2 updates for this guy?
'Cause you know how they usually release the "Special Moves" for a character as an exclusive update itself? They did it differently this time. Maybe that's why everyone is so overwhelmed today....(I know I am..)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I like the idea of him summoning a legendary Pokemon for his final smash. I'm pretty sure Ash had Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard in the show. Did he have any legendaries in the show?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Well.... Pikachu is already in so Red being in doesnt really rule out other pokemon being in the game.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
We...we didn't listen...this topic told us it was coming...but we just didn't listen...WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

Seriously though, awesome character, the way he has been implemented as well is perfect. And so many questions, whats his FS, how does this talk of stamina for the three Pokemon work, and what does this mean for other Pokemon characters.

I freakin love Megatons

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Since he's a trainer I wonder if he can catch other pokemon enemies like pikachu. Probly the best update on the dojo so far. So much speculating for this charcter, so little time..... wait we have plenty of time till december 3rd. :urg:

Top Bottom