• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
omFg... I saw it on the dojo. First of all the game comes out on my F-ing birthday. Second they put in all the pokemon characters that I actually want to be in it, with out it being overrun by stupid pokemon.

I love this game and its not even out yet.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Well, brawlpro has thoroughly convinced us he's an idiot. Moving on, how would Pokemon Trainer work in the Supspace Emissary?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Well, brawlpro has thoroughly convinced us he's an idiot. Moving on, how would Pokemon Trainer work in the Supspace Emissary?
umm, that question has been asked before you idiot, look around... and i don't watch pkmn anymore so how the **** am i supposed to remember what the sinoh pkmn names be?!?
So how does the Subspace Emmirsary work with this guy......... Mastering him seems very challenging, I can't believe he made it though, he seemed nothing more than an AT or trophy......but a character?? Thats playable??
does this guy just float in the background...something is tellin me he's not gonna be great... and whats he really gonna do in stages that float?

Puffs

Smash Ace
umm, that question has been asked before you idiot, look around... and i don't watch pkmn anymore so how the **** am i supposed to remember what the sinoh pkmn names be?!?

I only respond to complete sentences and proper grammar.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
They SHOULD bring back the platform minigame. They brought back the Bumper.(That thing was WAY better than the Flipper.)

Puffs

Smash Ace
They SHOULD bring back the platform minigame. They brought back the Bumper.(That thing was WAY better than the Flipper.)
Quoted for truth. Oh, how I miss the way the announcer would say "BOARD THE PLATFORMS!"

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think his Subspace Emissary would probably go with Pikachu's. Professor Oak might show up in a cutscene and maybe even as an AT. Who knows since Sakurai is unpredictable now >_>. Of course the storyline itself would probably intermingle (is that even a real word) with some other character and they go off on an adventure of some sort. The only idea I could think of is Oak since he plays an important part of the Pokemon world.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
lol. professor oak is great. although I would rather see Gary as an AT instead, except he'd be called Blue because that's Red's counterpart in pokemon red/blue.
And Oak can't be in brawl, for the same reason why Pokemon Trainer is Red and not Ash Ketchum, no anime allowed. He was in the video games though......it's debatable.

Florida

イーグランツ
Quoted for truth. Oh, how I miss the way the announcer would say "BOARD THE PLATFORMS!"
Yet, you responded anyways...
Board the Platforms I've been thinking about for a while, I still don't get why they dropped it in Melee, it was just as good as BTT in my opinion.

Subspace Emisarry for Red... hmm, should be interesting. It'll probably involve Mewtwo, since he's the main boss Pokémon for the Kanto region. It could be a lot of things though, I just made that hypothesis because Red's Pokémon are soley from Kanto, and because I have not a clue who most of the fourth generation Pokémon are.

I heard there are like twenty legendary Pokémon this time -.-''

Puffs

Smash Ace
Yet, you responded anyways...
Board the Platforms I've been thinking about for a while, I still don't get why they dropped it in Melee, it was just as good as BTT in my opinion.

Subspace Emisarry for Red... hmm, should be interesting. It'll probably involve Mewtwo, since he's the main boss Pokémon for the Kanto region. It could be a lot of things though, I just made that hypothesis because Red's Pokémon are soley from Kanto, and because I have not a clue who most of the fourth generation Pokémon are.

Also regular Pokemon that they hyped as legendaries.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Charizard:

Grab: Medium grab range. He holds opponents in both hands and if you press A, he just squeezes them hard for a second. Ouch.

Throws are nothing special, except:
Downthrow: Seismic Toss - Charizard flies in a circle twice with the victim still in his hands, then finally rams them into the ground. The knockback is always the same but won't allow comboing, but the damage is also always a solid 13.

Aaaand c'est ca for today.

Seismic Toss FTW. Could work much like Kirby's Up throw?

I swear.....if Mewtwo is Red's final smash (which he won't be... >_> but as this thread shows, I've been wrong before...) Sakurai hates us >_<

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I actually hope Mewtwo is Red's Final Smash. It would clear up room for other Pokemon, plus he'd be as powerful as he was in the games, and he'd still be playable... to an extent.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Seismic Toss FTW. Could work much like Kirby's Up throw?
I suppose so. Except with the sole purpose of dealing damage. And looking flashy.
I've heard more than one suggestion for Seismic Toss as his Final Smash. Is that only because of his fight against Magmar in the anime or what?
I actually hope Mewtwo is Red's Final Smash. It would clear up room for other Pokemon, plus he'd be as powerful as he was in the games, and he'd still be playable... to an extent.
No! Mewtwo returns! In god tier form!
They even made a movie about it!

He must have his revenge! :(

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I suppose so. Except with the sole purpose of dealing damage. And looking flashy.
I've heard more than one suggestion for Seismic Toss as his Final Smash. Is that only because of his fight against Magmar in the anime or what?
Seismic Toss is charizard "final blow" in the anime. i am not surprised people suggest it as one of his attack or final smash.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wouldn't seismic toss just be one of Charizard's throws? I don't see it being a final smash. That would be stupid.

I still like the idea of PT calling a giant Pokemon for his final smash. It doesn't necessarily have to be a legendary, just something big and destructive.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice

No! Mewtwo returns! In god tier form!
They even made a movie about it!

He must have his revenge! :(
LOL. I have that movie, strangely enough. Poor guy gets tortured by Giovanni(or is it just one N?)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
If each pokemon gets their own final smash then I can't see anything other than Fire Blast for Charizard, Hydro Pump for Squirtle, and Solar Beam for Ivysaur. I mean, come on, seismic toss? Sorry, but lots and lots of flames beats out just throwing the other guy really hard any day.

As for what these attacks would look like in Brawl, or how they'd function... that's up for rampant speculation.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i actually wanted red himself to be playable, maybe the fact that they didn't even name him red makes me think there is a possibility of playing as him seperately

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHA **** STRAIGHT HATERS!!! **** yeah i knew it, i KNEW IT! HAHAHAHAHA. >.> sorry.

haha to quote everyone

"Sorry guys theres no way he'll be in brawl, it just wont happen i guarantee it."

GUYS YOU WERE WRONG MOFOS.

k that was uncalled for...

but still

WE WIN!

tddavis

Smash Cadet
one thing that is gotten me wondering since this is essentially a shapeshifting character like Zelda/Sheik, I wounder if each of the pokemon increase in weight as you switch, so Squirtle(light), Bulbasaur(Medium), Charizard(Heavy). Would make for some interesting strategies.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I'm just throwing it out there, but why can't the subspace emissary rival for Red be Gary?
I mean he could work the very same way with three pokemon, say: Evee, and two other pokemon. I don't remember other ones he had. It could be like a final match championship styled with three pokemon to be used on each side?

Edit: Evee(small), ??????(medium), dragonite(heavy).
I know gary doesn't have dragonite, but it seems like the appropriate counter to charizard.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I'm just throwing it out there, but why can't the subspace emissary rival for Red be Gary?
I mean he could work the very same way with three pokemon, say: Evee, and two other pokemon. I don't remember other ones he had. It could be like a final match championship styled with three pokemon to be used on each side?

I know gary doesn't have dragonite, but it seems like the appropriate counter to charizard.
you mean blue?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

That would be awesome, but I can't see it happening due to the fact that they'd have to create three new movesets... and it would drive me insane if he wasn't playable.:p

T-major

Smash Champion

that would be cool, but Blue (as he would be called, as thats his default name in the games) would constitute making a whole new character. using Eevee and two others --it wouldn't need to be Dragonite, seeing as they would have to make him from the ground up anyways, they could give him completely different pokemon.-- would be awesome, but I doubt they would go that far as to make a whole new character based on the same concept... not the less, awesome... I could see him being an alternate costume for Red though though (which I would use, dispite the fact that I think Blue is a major @$$ hole)

also, Giovanni would be 12 times more awesome then Blue.

Top Bottom