• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I'm waaaaaaay late to the party, but let ask you guys something, who was more of a suprise, Snake, or Pokemon trainer?, both were highly unexpected to me, i still check monday's update in disbelief!. But atleast i found a new main :p

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
Just one freaking question...

Why does everyone assume the PokeTrainer is invincible? (omg, teh pokemon can be switched back if they fall, omg teh trainerz doesn't die, pokemonz does! )
And why does everyone ask on just about any forum: How does the Poke Trainer get KO'd?

Seriously, Lot of dumb people lately -.-

Ahum, on topic: The poke trainer looks awesome to me, I'd try him out as soon as I got him, kinda curious to how the pokemon work together, and what their + and - are.

Smash Ace
PokeTrainer is not invincible. He just manipulates other living creatures to bend to his will. this year's victims are Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing in stock matches he'll "white out" (I guess this means passing out/fainting) like in the games.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm guessing in stock matches he'll "white out" (I guess this means passing out/fainting) like in the games.
How about a weird expression on his face that he realizes his pokemon are dead, and then rolls on the floor with a "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Orgasm until he disappears.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
PS: Wher the heck did you get the information that Japan get's the game in November? In all official information the date is unannounced
thats just from the fact that corocoro comics stated that japan will get brawl on nov 22nd. although I seriously dont believe them. its all bull unless sakurai says so.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
thats just from the fact that corocoro comics stated that japan will get brawl on nov 22nd. although I seriously dont believe them. its all bull unless sakurai says so.
were the scans plust if they anouced the date why isint on the japane brawl site

tirkaro

Smash Champion
..but the magazine or what eva the coro thing is, its highly reliable, no?
1. there arent any scans.
2. just because its a magazine, doesn't make it OMFGz GODLY KNOW-IT-ALL. by that same logic, I guess game&watch, ice climbers, and young link is out while ridley, bowser jr, and WW link is in(hint: 1up.com/EGM)
3. once again, its bull unless its on the official site. if it was true, the japanese site would have updated with the date like how the pokemon company did with pokemon D&P.
think about it: would it make any sense if the dojo didn't have something as important as a release date while a japanese magazine did? I say its complete speculation by corocoro, if they did actually say that.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Does anyone here live in Japan? No? This means two things:

1. That is highly ironic.
2. It doesn't even matter to anybody what Japan's release date is.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
1. there arent any scans.
2. just because its a magazine, doesn't make it OMFGz GODLY KNOW-IT-ALL. by that same logic, I guess game&watch, ice climbers, and young link is out while ridley, bowser jr, and WW link is in(hint: 1up.com/EGM)
3. once again, its bull unless its on the official site. if it was true, the japanese site would have updated with the date like how the pokemon company did with pokemon D&P.
think about it: would it make any sense if the dojo didn't have something as important as a release date while a japanese magazine did? I say its complete speculation by corocoro, if they did actually say that.
...ummkay...lets just wait and see, yep when the game comes out, ppl wil just shut up and start arguing over whether another smash game will come in 5 years or so...lol i'm not a fan of debate.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
red is gonna end up like zelda.

what do i mean?

i think everybody will use charizard
while squirtle and ivysaur will b e leaved alone.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
red is gonna end up like zelda.

what do i mean?

i think everybody will use charizard
while squirtle and ivysaur will b e leaved alone.
But wouldn't that mean the charizard would get quite weak after a while, due to the "stamina" effect? And also, what if he's horribly slow? If you're only giving general commands, it might be too easy for a slow , heavy pokemon to get combo'd, or laser blasted from across the screen.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That's your fault. Nobody forced you to make those stupid movesets. It's not like making movesets accomplish anything. You think Sakurai is going to come here and say "Oh crap! That's a much better moveset. I'd better go redo their moves!"
Oh, hey, it's Mister Sunshine!
As soon as the character was revealed, everybody was all "HOW DOES HE WORK". It's all over the thread. "Charizard will be teh bowser clone :(" "how would a four-legged character work" and so on.
A while back, someone actually requested that I post my moveset in order to steer the discussion into a sensible direction. People discuss this crap because they want to understand how the character will work ( and because they are bored ). I tried to contribute to the ability to imagine their styles of play, but I guess nobody cares.

To be sure, it's fun for me to make up this stuff, but some appreciation wouldn't be misplaced, I think.

Anyway, since I'm already here, I'll add some grabs:

Squirtle:

Grab: Normal grab with his hands. Since they're short, range is short. He tries to compensate for this by jumping forward in a running grab.
Forwardthrow: Fling - Medium knockback.
Upthrow: Bump - Bumps opponent up with his head, medium knockback.
Backthrow: Backfling - Low knockback.
Downthrow: Hard bump - Headbutts opponent into the ground, making them pop up. Bit more damage than others.

Ivysaur:

Grab: Extended thanks to VineWhip. Similar range to Link's, similar lag to Samus'... however, his throws are quite good.
Forwardthrow: Smack - Holds opponent up with one vine, then smacks them off with the other like a baseball. Good knockback.
Upthrow: Solar Beam - Ivy holds the opponent up above its blossom. The opponent can still try to escape while it charges the Solar Beam, which causes quite powerful knockback and some damage upwards. More powerful than Mewtwo's.
Backthrow: Fling - Rather weak.
Downthrow: Smackdown - Like Mewtwo's, except with a vine.

Charizard:

Grab: Medium grab range. He holds opponents in both hands and if you press A, he just squeezes them hard for a second. Ouch.

Throws are nothing special, except:
Downthrow: Seismic Toss - Charizard flies in a circle twice with the victim still in his hands, then finally rams them into the ground. The knockback is always the same but won't allow comboing, but the damage is also always a solid 13.

Aaaand c'est ca for today.

r34p3r

Smash Rookie
Just a question which may have already been answered, but if Charizard is now a "playable" character, then does that mean we won't see him as a Pokeball Pokemon any more?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I doubt it.

They might have some other fire Pokemon doing what he did, though.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
He was good as a pokeball.... then they made it playable....... and havin them as playable AND pokeball??? hell no!!!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I think another pokemon will take his place in the pokeball, perhaps Dragonite or Blaziken.

Wait... does it matter? Go discuss this in some sort of items thread.

EDIT: No one's posted in a while, so I'll just edit this to bring this forum back to the first page... or do I have to double post?

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll just post again- In Castle Siege, the floor crumbles several times- how will Red stay with the stage?

Top Bottom