• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm mainly hoping for character customization to come back. I would also like the contests in ORAS to make a comeback. Maybe not make it mandatory for an important item (Lucarionite), but just as a side thing. I loved wasting my time making my whole team do that so I can have a ribbon effect whenever I send them out during a battle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Exploud is a pokemon just screaming for a mega evolution.

I'd give it more speed and special, although Pokemon company would probably do something dumb like raising it's attack.
I'm pretty sure that a couple more Pokemon are due for a mega evolution as well. Mega Farfetch'd, Mega Zangoose, and Mega Seviper are just a couple examples. As for a Mega Exploud concept, maybe something like the following stat spread...

Mega Exploud
Type: Normal
Ability: Scrappy
HP: 104
Attack: 91
Defense: 83
SP ATK: 141
SP DEF: 83
Speed: 88
Total: 590

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I think Rampardos really needs a Mega Evolution as well. There's so much a Pokemon like that can gain from a Mega that I think it just needs to happen. If it were up to me, I'd say:

Mega Rampardos
Type: Rock/Dragon
Ability: Rock Head
HP: 97 --{+0}--> 97
Atk: 165 --{+20}--> 185
Def: 60 --{+20}--> 80
Sp.Atk: 65 --{-20}--> 40
Sp.Def: 50 --{+30}--> 80
Spd: 58 --{+50}--> 108

With new access to: Flame Charge, Wild Charge, and Head Charge (Bouffalant's signature, but it only makes sense).

Make it happen and you can have my soul GameFreak.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I still wanna see a Mega Luxray. Probably Electric/Dark with Guts ability (to prevent screw-you burns). Stats like this:

HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 79 -> 89 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 -> 110 (+15)
Special Defense: 79 -> 89 (+10)
Speed: 70 -> 110 (+40)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still wanna see a Mega Luxray. Probably Electric/Dark with Guts ability (to prevent screw-you burns). Stats like this:

HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 79 -> 89 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 -> 110 (+15)
Special Defense: 79 -> 89 (+10)
Speed: 70 -> 110 (+40)
My Mega Luxray input is quite similar, except for its ability, attack, and special attack.

Mega Luxray
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Mold Breaker
HP: 80
Attack: 150
Defense: 89
SP ATK: 105
SP DEF: 89
Speed: 110
Total: 623

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still really want my Mega Haxorus...

Mega Haxorus
Haxorite
Dragon/Steel
Ability: Battle Armour
HP: 76
Attack: 147->187(+40)
Defense: 90->160(+70)
SpAtk: 60
Sp.Def: 70
Speed: 97->87(-10)
Total: 640

New moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense (Why teh heck does he not get Iron Head?)

D

Deleted member

Man I'm super stoked I can't wait to get Pokemon Sun I'll most likely choose the fire starter it being my favourite type and I wanna use the fire starter I have a feeling it's final evoloution might become one of my favourite Pokemon. I'll probably end up liking the fire starter's evolutionary line no doubt. Anywho I look forward to more information being unveiled as the months go by hopefully starting at E3.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I like water starters best and all but even I'm not convinced I'll like it before I see it...

Samurott is an example of a water starter I didn't really like

D

Deleted member

Generally the designs have always grown on me so I'll probably end up liking it no matter what but that's just me anyway, your right well I look forward to when they finally get unveiled.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow, I like water starters best and all but even I'm not convinced I'll like it before I see it...

Samurott is an example of a water starter I didn't really like
Had so much promise at the beginning. Dewott was one of my favorite stage 1 starters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Piplup's line was one I had no faith in, and at first thought they all looked stupid

But Emploleon's actually one of my favorite starters now

It's probably because Gen 4 I tried to get into competitive pokemon and Empoleon was OU

D

Deleted member

So apparently Corocoro will start showing details about Pokemon Sun and Moon next month April 15th so details will be leaked before then as they usually are most likely, apparently that issue also has something about some Pokemon Election thing based on the new movie. Well even if it's something we already know I'm excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Piplup's line was one I had no faith in, and at first thought they all looked stupid

But Emploleon's actually one of my favorite starters now

It's probably because Gen 4 I tried to get into competitive pokemon and Empoleon was OU
You mean to tell me you didn't fall in love with Piplup the instant you saw it? Me being a fellow penguin, I was immediately onboard with it's design. I was legitimately prepared to keep it unevolved through my entire run of Pearl when I saw Prinplup though. Hate that thing.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm really hoping Game Freak does away with HMs in this game.

It's a really dated and cumbersome system that should have been on the chopping block years ago.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

It's a really dated and cumbersome system that should have been on the chopping block years ago.
They can keep HMs, just make them forgettable.

Also the Piplup line is the best line no doubt.

Well, Treecko too obvs.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm surprised people are still complaining about HMs. I mean, they've clearly been made to be less and less of a pain throughout the years. But hey, if you still find HMs a problem, that's fine, as long as you don't get too carried away with it.

:094:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But I need my HM slave to use and abuse whenever I am in need of it!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think the point of HM's was they wanted your pokemon to participate out of battle to make the world more connected

They haven't done much else with that idea except the gogoat riding thing

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised people are still complaining about HMs. I mean, they've clearly been made to be less and less of a pain throughout the years. But hey, if you still find HMs a problem, that's fine, as long as you don't get too carried away with it.

:094:
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but my biggest gripe with HMs is the fact that they don't really make much sense from a lore standpoint. The idea that a Pokemon like Scyther, whose hands are literally scythes, can't cut small shrubs without some special CD to tell it what to do in particular bothers me. It also doesn't help that every obstacle HMs are used to solve could also be solved through an equivalent easily obtainable item (eg. a handaxe for Cut, flashlight for Flash, etc...). It made sense back in the 90's; but, with as much as games can do now it feels like lazy design more than anything. Couple with that how annoying and inconvenient it is to have to waste a moveslot on a move as terrible as Cut, and it shouldn't be hard to see why people dislike them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The only real hindrance HM's have (to me at least) is the fact you need the move deleter to make your pokemon forget the move...at times HM's are quite useful because they are used both in and out of battle, sure pokemon that should know how to swim need to learn Surf beforehand but at the same time it is also an attack...However the player is likely unable to remove HM's from their pokemon so they don't get stuck somewhere (although they can just relearn it since they have unlimited usage...

At this point HM's should be easy to forget on your pokemon just like any other move, because if you're stuck the pokemon can always relearn the move due to it's unlimited usage....Keep the move deleter though some pokemon actually benefit from having less than 4 moves (ie, Fake Out, Last Resort Ambipom)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
The only real hindrance HM's have (to me at least) is the fact you need the move deleter to make your pokemon forget the move...at times HM's are quite useful because they are used both in and out of battle, sure pokemon that should know how to swim need to learn Surf beforehand but at the same time it is also an attack...However the player is likely unable to remove HM's from their pokemon so they don't get stuck somewhere (although they can just relearn it since they have unlimited usage...

At this point HM's should be easy to forget on your pokemon just like any other move, because if you're stuck the pokemon can always relearn the move due to it's unlimited usage....Keep the move deleter though some pokemon actually benefit from having less than 4 moves (ie, Fake Out, Last Resort Ambipom)
Pretty much this.

I really don't mind HMs in Pokémon. The one problem I seem to have with them is that they require a Move Deleter.

finalark

SNORLAX
I get the point of HMs from a design standpoint - they're there to keep you on the rails. But IMO they should be changed in some kind of skill you can use. Like, if you have a water (or swimming) Pokemon in your party you can cross water after a certain point in the game. Or if you have a fire, grass or bug type you can burn, cut or eat away small trees. Once you've earned the ability, of course.

The functionality of the HMs would still be in the game but you wouldn't have to sacrifice move slots and be forced to effectively travel with only four to five actual battle-ready Pokemon. Plus it would be kind of cool to see your favorite mons actually do stuff outside of battle without having to teach useless (or pretty damn good in Surf's case) moves to them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least we should be fortunate that the Move Deleter can make Pokemon forget HM moves. In fact, that's pretty much the Move Deleter's only purpose, since all the other moves in the game can be forgotten without him.

Anyway, when it comes to HM usage, I tend to allow a single Pokemon to only learn up to 2 HM moves, just so that it can still learn new level-up moves.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

HMs having unlimited usage still wouldn't guarantee the player won't get stuck. When trading, you aren't allowed to trade a Pokemon in your party that has an HM, but if you deleted the HM then there would be nothing stopping it from being traded. Obviously, this could result in you being stuck in a situation that requires an HM to get out. Like surfing onto a small island, deleting surf, then trading your Pokemon away for something that can't learn surf.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HMs having unlimited usage still wouldn't guarantee the player won't get stuck. When trading, you aren't allowed to trade a Pokemon in your party that has an HM, but if you deleted the HM then there would be nothing stopping it from being traded. Obviously, this could result in you being stuck in a situation that requires an HM to get out. Like surfing onto a small island, deleting surf, then trading your Pokemon away for something that can't learn surf.
Don't you have to be in a poke center to trade?

I mean, I think you can wonder trade out of one but can you wonder trade pokemon in your party?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
You can trade via PSS at any point in the game, regardless of location. You can actually do it in the E4 to heal your Pokemon from what I remember.
That might have been handy in the early gens but they just throw money at you in Pokemon these days. You could buy like 1000 full restores in XY I swear.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Don't you have to be in a poke center to trade?

I mean, I think you can wonder trade out of one but can you wonder trade pokemon in your party?
You were required to do that in older generations, but not anymore. And yes, you can wonder trade Pokemon in your party. I think the only restrictions are trading Pokemon in your party with HMs and trading Pokemon that are unattainable in the other person's game (Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent can't be traded from ORAS to XY because it isn't compatible). I believe there is some restriction on trading eggs, but I can't be too sure.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Man I'm super stoked I can't wait to get Pokemon Sun I'll most likely choose the fire starter it being my favourite type and I wanna use the fire starter I have a feeling it's final evoloution might become one of my favourite Pokemon. I'll probably end up liking the fire starter's evolutionary line no doubt. Anywho I look forward to more information being unveiled as the months go by hopefully starting at E3.
That's how I felt towards last generation: Fire/Psychic type. Two of my favorite types mixed together? Yes please!

D

Deleted member

So the new footage was nothing new just the trailer all over again woopity doo. But Junichi Masada did say their might be 10 new kinds of Pokemon so there's that although he did say it jokingly so who knows. Cococoro's Aprik scans might be stuff we've seen. But hopefully we do get new news eventually.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been thinking of another possible new mega evolution that could be utilized.

Mega Greninja
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Adaptability
HP: 72
Attack: 105
Defense: 77
SP ATK: 143
SP DEF: 81
Speed: 152
Total: 630

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So what does everyone here think in regards to possible new types? It seems like the three most commonly brought up are Light, Sound, and Cosmic, but are there any others you think could eventually happen or that you'd want to see?

finalark

SNORLAX
So what does everyone here think in regards to possible new types? It seems like the three most commonly brought up are Light, Sound, and Cosmic, but are there any others you think could eventually happen or that you'd want to see?
I don't really think we need new types. I hope the rumors stay rumors.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm not really too keen on any new typing being added...Sound type definitely seems the coolest, but that's just going to crap all over Rock and Ice types most likely...

Every other type I heard of just seems either too redundant or added just for the sake of having a new type...

I can't really think of any that would not only make for an interesting type conceptually as well as balance the type matchup without screwing over already weaker types...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was sent this as a text

12966436_10156686212745562_788215867_n.jpg

Anything worthy of discussing from this "theory"?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I e always supported the Cosmic type to be added. The names for Sun and Moon bolster my hope they are eventually added. There's a lot that you can do with that with Pokemon centered on aliens, ufo'ms, black holes, stars, meteors, comets, supernovas, planets, satellites, etc. Retyping would include Deoyxs, Clefairy line, those alien poke line, solrock and lunatone, etc.

I also support a Cyber-type eventually being added that would be based on man-made or cybernetic based Pokemon. Some examples would include viruses, anti-viruses, pixels, hacking, A.I., computer chips, telescope, etc. Retyping could include the Porygon line and maybe Genesect.

I'm not too keen on adding Sound and Light but I wouldn't complain if they were. Sound-type can continue being apart of the Nortmal-type without much problems. The Light-type can also be attributed to both Fighting and Electric as well.

D

Deleted member

So the new news was nothing speculat but hey at least we got something to look forward to in May and maybe June right? I won't get my hopes up but exciting all the same.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think bug type needs a boost

7 types are resistant to it, including fairy - for some random reason.

It's weak against rock, which stealth rock immediately made a lot of them useless

Top Bottom